A concise comparison of the dignity of Jesus Christ in the Quran vs. the Bible

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Thread: A concise comparison of the dignity of Jesus Christ in the Quran vs. the Bible

Last Activity
    20-08-2008
    At
    12:12 PM

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "Whoever bears witness that there is no god but Allah alone, with no partner or associate, and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger, and that 'Eesa (Jesus) is the slave of Allah and His Messenger, and a word which Allah bestowed on Maryam and a spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true and Hell is true, will have the right to be admitted by Allah to Paradise through whichever of the eight gates he wishes, because of his good deeds."
    I hope you find this brief and concise study satisfactory :

{A} How was the great messenger Jesus Christ (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) regarded and valued in the [Quran] ?

1. The Honour of His Ancestores :
    "Surely Allah chose Adam and Nuh and the descendants of Ibrahim and the descendants of Imran above the nations. Offspring one of the other; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing" [Quran 3:33-34]

2. The Honour of Mary's mother :
    " When a woman of Imran said: My Lord! surely I vow to You what is in my womb, to be devoted (to Your service); accept therefore from me, surely You are the Hearing, the Knowing." [Quran 3:35]

3. The Honour of Marium (Mary) :
    "And when the angels said: O Marium! surely Allah has chosen you and purified you and chosen you above the women of the world. O Marium! keep to obedience to your Lord and humble yourself, and bow down with those who bow. This is of the announcements relating to the unseen which We reveal to you; and you were not with them when they cast their pens (to decide) which of them should have Marium in his charge, and you were not with them when they contended one with another. " [Quran 3:42-44]

4. The Honour of Jesus Christ :
    "He (Jesus) said: Surely I am a servant of Allah; He has given me the Book and made me a prophet; And He has made me blessed wherever I may be, and He has enjoined on me prayer and poor-rate so long as I live; And dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me insolent, unblessed; And peace on me on the day I was born, and on the day I die, and on the day I am raised to life." [Quran 19:30-33]

Therefore according to the Quran : Jesus was a descendant from a blessed and honoured nation. The Holy Quran honors this mighty messenger of God, and the Muslims have not fallen short over the past fourteen hundred years in doing the same. Muslims believe, that Jesus was one of the mightiest messengers of God that he was the Christ, that he was born miraculously without any male intervention (which many modern-day Christians do not believe today), that he gave life to the dead by God's permission and that he healed those born blind and the lepers by God's permission. In fact, no Muslim is a Muslim if he or she does not believe in Jesus!"
    http://www.islam101.com/history/peop..._in_islam0.htm

{B} How was the great messenger Jesus Christ (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) regarded and valued in the [Bible] ?

Let's look at his genealogy according
    to the HOLY Bible, in [Matthew 1] :
    "The record of the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah, the son of David, the son of Abraham: Abraham was the father of Isaac, Isaac the father of Jacob, and Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers. ***Judah*** was the father of ***Perez*** and Zerah by ***Tamar***, [Perez] was the father of Hezron, and Hezron the father of Ram. Ram was the father of Amminadab, Amminadab the father of Nahshon, and Nahshon the father of Salmon. Salmon was the father of Boaz by ***Rahab***, Boaz was the father of Obed by Ruth, and Obed the father of Jesse. Jesse was the father of David the king. ***David*** was the father of ***Solomon*** by ***Bathsheba*** who had been the wife of Uriah. Solomon was the father of Rehoboam, Rehoboam the father of Abijah, and Abijah the father of Asa. Asa was the father of Jehoshaphat, Jehoshaphat the father of Joram, and Joram the father of Uzziah. Uzziah was the father of Jotham, Jotham the father of Ahaz, and Ahaz the father of Hezekiah. Hezekiah was the father of Manasseh, Manasseh the father of Amon, and Amon thefather of Josiah.Josiah became the father of Jeconiah and his brothers, at the time of the deportation to Babylon. After the deportation to Babylon: Jeconiah became the father of Shealtiel, and Shealtiel the father of Zerubbabel. Zerubbabel was the father of Abihud, Abihud the father of Eliakim, and ***Eliakim*** the father of Azor. Azor was the father of Zadok, Zadok the father of Achim, and Achim the father of Eliud. Eliud was the father of Eleazar, Eleazar the father of Matthan, and Matthan the father of Jacob. Jacob was the father of Joseph the husband of Mary, by whom Jesus was born, who is called the Messiah. So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; from David to the deportation to Babylon, fourteen generations; and from the deportation to Babylon to the Messiah, fourteen generations."

At your preference, please go to [Luke 3:23-38] and try to spot the contradictions !

But this not what I'm aiming for .. The
    Bible tells us :
    "NO one of illegitimate birth shall enter the assembly of the LORD; NONE of his descendants, even to the tenth generation, shall enter the assembly of the LORD. NO Ammonite or Moabite shall enter the assembly of the LORD; NONE of their descendants, EVEN to the tenth generation, shall ever enter the assembly of the LORD." [Deuteronomy 23:2-3]
    We also read in the Bible that :
    1. 'Judah' has slept with his daughter-in-law 'Tamar' and she gave birth to 'Perez' [Genesis 38]
    2. 'Rahab' was a prostitute [Joshua 2:1]
    3. Prophet David slept with Bathsheba (Uriah's wife) and she gave birth to 'Solomon' [2 Samuel 11]
    4. Ruth is a Moabitess [Ruth 4:5]
    The are two 'possible' answers for both Christians and the Jews to decide :
    A. The Bible is guarded : David , Solomon, and Jesus are NOT from the assembly of the LORD.
    or
    B. The Bible has been tampered with : David , Solomon, and Jesus are from the assembly of the LORD.
    We have also another problem here :
    How was the throne of David ?
    "Then Solomon sat on the throne of the LORD as king instead of David his father; and he prospered, and all Israel obeyed him" [1 Chronicles 29:23]
    What did the Angel say to Mary ?
    "He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David; and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever,and His kingdom will have no end "
    This is one of the several of the unfilled prophesies that are available in the Bible !
    Did Jesus sit on the throne and rule Israel ? NO !
    What did Jesus do instead ?
    "So Jesus, perceiving that they were intending to come and take Him by force to make Him king, WITHDREW again to the mountain by Himself alone" [John 6:15]
    Withdrew for something he was sent too ?!
    Please note : Jesus can NOT sit on the throne of his father David !
    Why ? Jesus is a descendant of Jehoiakim (Eliakim) [see 2 Chronicles 36:4]
    What's wrong with Jehoiakim ?
    'Therefore thus says the LORD concerning Jehoiakim king of Judah, "He shall have no one to sit on the throne of David, and his dead body shall be cast out to the heat of the day and the frost of the night. "I will also punish him and his descendants and his servants for their iniquity, and I will bring on them and the inhabitants of Jerusalem and the men of Judah all the calamity that I have declared to them--but they did not listen.'[Jeremiah 36:30-31]
    I'm not sure how our fellow Christians can get out of this mess that the 'scribes' have place them in. But I hope that they would realise the the scribes who tampered with the Bible wanted to insult and offend Al-mighty God and his great messenger Jesus (peace be upon him).
    "It is blasphemers who invent a lie against Allah; but most of them LACK wisdom." [Quran 5:103]
    Therefore we can conclude that :
    The ONLY book that praises Jesus Christ and places him in the status that he should be in is the Noble Quran.
    "Surely this Quran guides to that which is most upright and gives good news to the believers who do good that they shall have a great reward.And that (as for) those who do not believe in the hereafter, We have prepared for them a painful chastisement. " [Quran 17:9-10]
    Since we have seen how the Bible made him a :
    a. Descendant of prostitution and adultery
    b. Not from the assembly of the Lord
    We seek refuge in Allah from those blasphemers !

"Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah (God) that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, 'Be', and it is. "Verily Allah is my Lord and your Lord: Him therefore serve ye: this is a Way that is straight." [Quran 19:34-36]
    Last edited by ABQ; 19-08-2006 at 08:48 PM.

Thread Information