Sex and Violence in the Bible: Impact on Children

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Thread: Sex and Violence in the Bible: Impact on Children

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    05-01-2020
    At
    02:55 PM

Default Sex and Violence in the Bible: Impact on Children

It is always advisable to protect children and young ones from both sexual and violent influences.
    Films or media that contain seminudity, nudity, sexual scenes or scenes of extreme violence are obliged by law to insert a warning about the minimum age for people permitted to see such films.
    An electronic device called the V-chip allows parents to have control over what their children see on TV. In addition parentral lock can be applied to satellite channels and internet pages.
    But what if the danger is in the churches and the book where the children must read to know about their faith?
    Examples:
    Sexual Scenes in the Bible:

[COLOR="Green"]"Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice in the wife of your youth, as a long hind and a graceful doe, let her breasts satisfy you at all times."
    Proverbs 5:18-19

"Your stature is like a palm tree, and your breasts are like its clusters. I said, 'I will climb the palm tree. I will take hold of its fruit stalks.' Oh may your breasts be like clusters of the vine and the fragrance of your breath like apples."
    Song of Solomon 7:7-8

Here we have blatant sexuality. The author, in both cases, Solomon, talks about the delight of grabbing a woman's breasts, and not just grabbing, but being continually satisfied by them. But this is mild compared to these following verses.

"Now when evening came David arose from his bed and walked around on the roof of the king's house, and from the roof he saw a woman bathing; and the woman was very beautiful in appearance. So David sent and inquired about the woman. And one said, 'Is this not Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite?' And David sent messengers and took her, and when she came to him, he lay with her; and when she had purified herself from her uncleanness, she returned to her house. And the woman conceived, and she sent and told David, and said, 'I am pregnant.'"
    2 Samuel 11:1-5

This is outrageous. In it we find nudity, covetousness, forced sex, adultery and illegitimate pregnancy, from whom; a prophet of God and a future mother of another prophet, Solomon; whose conception has started in sin. Can anyone with a trace of right mind expose his children to these disgusting activities, and yet we can find even more despicable sexual activity if we look a bit further.

"There were two women, the daughters of one mother; and they played the harlot in Egypt. They played the harlot in their youth; there their breasts were pressed, and there their virgin bosom was handled.... she lusted after her lovers... and she bestowed her harlotries on them, all of whom were the choicest men of Assyria.... for in her youth men had lain with her, and they handled her virgin bosom and poured out their lust on her.... And she lusted after their paramours, whose flesh is like the flesh of donkeys and whose issue is like the issue of horses."
    Ezekiel 23:1-20

Frivolous sex. Blatant lust. Prostitution. And a very risque description of some rather "large" men pouring out horse-like qantities of their "lust" on these women.

And yet the Bible is rife with crazed women who blatantly ask for sex. Take a look:

"And it came about after these events that his master's wife looked with desire at Joseph, and she said, 'Lie with me.' But he refused.... And she caught him by his garment, saying, 'Lie with me!' And he left his garment in her hand and fled, and went outside. When she saw he had left his garment in her hand and had fled outside, she called to the men of her household, and said to them, 'See, he has brought in a Hebrew to us to make sport of us; he came in to me to lie with me, and I screamed, And it came about when he heard that I raised my voice and screamed, that he left his garment beside me and fled, and went outside.'"
    Genesis 39:7-15

Not only does this married woman outright ask for extra- marital sex, she accuses an innocent man of rape when he refuses.

"And Lot went up to Zoar, and stayed in the mountains, and his two daughters with him.... Then the firstborn said to the younger, 'Our father is old, and there is not a man on earth to come in to us after the manner of the earth. Come, let us make our father drink wine, and let us lie with him, that we may preserve our family through our father.' So they made their father drink wine that night, and the first-born went in and lay with her father; and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose. And it came about on the morrow, that the first-born said to the younger, 'Behold, I lay last night with my father; let us make him drink wine tonight also; then you go in and lie with him, that we may preserve our family through our father.' So they made their father drink wine that night also, and the younger arose and lay with him; and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose. Thus both the daughters of Lot were with child by their father."
    Genesis 19:30-36

These women don't just ask for sex. They take it. Through a form of rape, these women get their own father drunk and then sleep with him. Their own father. Count how many sins were committed in such scene, Drunkness, Rape and Incest and finally an illegitmate pregnancy. Whom we are talking about?, a prophet of God and his two daughters!!!!

"Before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, surrounded the house, both young and old, all the people from every quarter; and they called to Lot and said to him, 'Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have intercourse with them.' But Lot went out to them at the doorway, and shut the door behind him, and said, 'Please, my brothers, do not act wickedly. Now behold, I have two daughters who have not had relations with a man; please let me bring them out to you, and do to them whatever you like...'"
    Genesis 19:4-8

Here we find a city full of homosexual men bent on raping two male visitors. And what's worse, in order to stave off their advances, the host of the two visitors offers his virgin daughters to be raped and abused by these disgusting men.

"While they were enjoying themselves, some of the wicked men of the city surrounded the house. Pounding on the door, they shouted to the old man who owned the house, 'Bring out the man who came to your house so we can have sex with him.' The owner of the house went outside and said to them, 'No, my friends, don't be so vile. Since this man is my guest, don't do this disgraceful thing. Look, here is my virgin daughter, and his concubine. I will bring them out to you now, and you can use them and do to them whatever you wish. But to this man, don't do such a disgraceful thing.' But the men would not listen to him. So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, 'Get up; let's go.' But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home. When he reached home, he took a knife and cut up his concubine, limb by limb, into twelve parts and sent them into all the areas of Israel."
    Judges 19:22-29

What kind of good can be derived from this filth? A man who is afraid to stand up for himself hands over his female servant to a gang of rapists, who abuse her all night, and in the morning he then takes her home and cuts her into pieces with a knife? Later in the story the man states he cut her up because she had been defiled. Of course she was defiled! He gave her over to rapists to save his own butt, literally. Can any sane mind define who is mistaken in this story and who defiled who?

Violence:
    The amount of violence that permeates the Bible is astonishing. Verse after verse we find murder, torture and dismemberment.

"And it came about when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother and killed him... Then the Lord said to Cain, 'Where is Abel your brother?' And he said, 'I do not know. Am I my brother's keeper?' And He said, 'What have you done? The voice of your brother's blood is crying to Me from the ground. And now you are cursed from the ground, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand.'"
    Genesis 4:8-11

But describing this bloodletting in Genesis is nothing compared to the gruesome events in King David's life:

"Thus David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and he struck the Philistine and killed him; but there was no sword in David's hand. Then David ran and stood over the Philistine and took his sword and drew it out of its sheath and killed him, and cut off his head with it."
    1 Samuel 17:50-51

What's worse, the Bible describes how people reveled in the killings. Consider this verse that describes why the people wanted David, rather than Saul, to be their king:

"Is this not David, of whom they sing in the dances saying, 'Saul has slain his thousands, and David his ten thousands'?"
    1 Samuel 29:5

What kind of message does this send to kids, where people glorify killing, and crown as their king the person responsible for the most violence. In yet another part of the Bible we see David again resort to violence to further his schemes:

"Now it came about in the morning that David wrote a letter to Joab, and sent it by the hand of Uriah. And he had written in the letter, saying 'Place Uriah at the front line of the fiercest battle and withdraw from him, so that he may be struck down and die.' So it was as Joab kept watch on the city, that he put Uriah at the place where he knew there were valiant men. And the men of the city went out and fought against Joab and some of the people among David's servants fell; and Uriah the Hittite also died."
    2 Samuel 11:14-17

David had raped another man's wife and got her pregnant. But rather than rectify the situation, David instead has her husband deliberately killed.

Right here we clearly see dismemberment displayed in its gory detail before our children's eyes:

"And I will set My jealousy against you, that they may deal with you in wrath. They will remove your nose and your ears; and your survivors will fall by the sword. They will take your sons and your daughters; and your survivors will be consumed by the fire."
    Ezekiel 23:25

"And behold, one of those where were with Jesus reached and drew out his sword, and struck the slave of the high priest, and cut off his ear."
    Matthew 26:51

"And when Herod saw that he had been tricked by the magi, he became very enraged, and sent and slew all the male children who were in Bethlehem and in all its environs, from two years old and under...."
    Matthew 2:16

"And when the daughter of Herodias herself came in and danced, she pleased Herod and his dinner guests; and the king said to the girl, 'Ask me for whatever you want and I will give it to you...' And she came in haste before the king and asked, saying, 'I want you to give me right away the head of John the Baptist on a platter....' And immediately the king sent an executioner and commanded him to bring back his head. And he went and beheaded him in the prison, and brought his head on a platter, and gave it to the girl, and the girl gave it to her mother."
    Mark 6:22-29

"And when they had driven him out of the city, they began stoning him, and the witnesses laid aside their robes at the feet of a young man named Saul. And they went on stoning Stephen as he called up the Lord and said, 'Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!'"
    Acts 7:58-59

"And they dressed Him up in purple and after weaving a crown of thorns, they put it on Him....And they kept beating His head with a reed, and spitting at Him.... And they led Him out to crucify Him."
    Mark 15:16-17

"And all flesh that moved on the earth perished, birds and cattle and beasts and every swarming thing that swarmed upon the earth, and all mankind; of all that was on the dry land, all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, died. Thus He blotted out every living thing that was upon the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky, and they were blotted out from the earth..."
    Genesis 7:21-23

In this verse God kills just about every living thing, going so far as to describe the outright murder of those in "whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life."
    The most astonishing thing is that such people who adore such book full of sex and violence and teach it to their children consider themselves as loving and peaceful people. Can those verses denote any peace or purity. And of mere psychological projection and hypocrisy, they throw such charges or accusations in the face of Islam and Muslims?

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    07-06-2019
    At
    07:45 PM

But what if the danger is in the churches and the book where the children must read to know about their faith?
    Examples:
    Sexual Scenes in the Bible:
    إن كان سيدنا محمد صلى الله عليه وسلم ليس رسول الله لمدة 23 عاماً .. فلماذا لم يعاقبه معبود الكنيسة ؟
    والنَّبيُّ (الكاذب) والكاهنُ وكُلُّ مَنْ يقولُ: هذا وَحيُ الرّبِّ، أُعاقِبُهُ هوَ وأهلُ بَيتِهِ *
    وأُلْحِقُ بِكُم عارًا أبديُا وخزْيًا دائِمًا لن يُنْسى
    (ارميا 23:-40-34)
    وأيُّ نبيٍّ تكلَّمَ باَسْمي كلامًا زائدًا لم آمُرْهُ بهِ، أو تكلَّمَ باَسْمِ آلهةٍ أُخرى، فجزاؤُهُ القَتْلُ(تث 18:20)
    الموسوعة المسيحية العربية *** من كتب هذه الأسفار *** موسوعة رد الشبهات ***

Thread Information