Once, not long ago, passing by the magnificent buildings of the beautiful city of Bath and realising the heritage behind the Roman Baths and the legend hidden there, I wondered. I wondered that if I could go back in time, a few thousands of years perhaps, and return to the same plot of land, would I find such buildings? Probably not and definitely not all of them.

When I first visited this city, had they told me that these buildings just appeared there by coincidence out of nowhere, and that they were built without an architect, builder or any labourers I certainly would have not believed them.

Would an intelligent mind believe that a building is built without a builder? Certainly not.

Let us now analyse this issue from a different perspective. Let us observe the universe; the galaxies, the sun, the moon, the planets, the stars etc all moving in defined orbits obeying precise laws. Let us explore our own planet; the mountains, the oceans, the rivers, the valleys, the lakes etc. "Travel in the land and see how the creation was originated." Why not look into our own body; our eyes, ears, blood, liver, kidneys etc "And in your own souls (too); will you not then see?"

Can we accept that all that we have mentioned and much more appeared as a coincidence, without a designer and creator? If so, then we have to think twice. Just like every building is built by a builder and every book is written by an author, then a 'creator' must be behind the creations. Imagine, for a moment, being in a ship in the middle of the ocean. Suddenly a violent wind overtakes you, the waves surge from all sides, so huge and powerful as to overthrow your ship and drown you. You try your best to master the vessel, but you quickly realise that you are being overwhelmed by the forces of nature. You call for help but no one answers. What would you do in this case? Wouldn't your natural disposition be to call for someone high in the skies and a supreme power ie the Creator (Lord)?

Our common sense and intelligence, deep inside, lead us to the acknowledgment of a Creator. We don't want to ask ourselves deep questions because we are afraid to deal with the answers. Acknowledging the existence of a Creator, in fact, necessarily raise more questions. Who is that Creator? What are His names and attributes? What does He want from us? What is the purpose of our creation etc? The 'correct' answers to these questions could only be answered by Him.

Since mankind appeared on earth, our Lord has sent prophets and messengers to every nation and in every language to guide people to the right path. He sent them to explain His commands and to warn them of the consequences of rejection. To instruct them how to live in this life in order to gain the eternal reward in the hereafter.

Each of these prophets was sent with specific signs or miracles to persuade their people and to prove that they were truthful. They were only sent to that population which was transgressing in some specific matter. Such was the mission of the beloved prophet Jesus Christ (Peace be upon Him) as he said: "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel". (Matthew 15:24). He also instructed his disciples: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel" (Matthew 10:5-6).

That clearly proves to us that the message of the Creator was not completed with the mission of prophet Jesus, but it had yet to be perfected for all mankind.

It was Muhammad who was sent as the final prophet to all of mankind with a universal message confirming the truth of all the previous prophets and their books; the Torah, the Psalms and the Gospel, sent before the final revelation/testament (Quran). "And we have not sent you (O Muhammad) except as a bringer of glad tidings and a warner unto all mankind; but most of mankind know not." (Quran 34:28).

The advent of Muhammad was prophesied in the Bible both in the Old Testament (Deuteronomy 18:18) and in the New Testament (John 16:7). Jesus Christ revealed the coming of Muhammad in several passages of the Gospel (see, for example, John 14:16-17) and the Noble Quran revealed to Muhammad confirms Jesus Christ in several verses. Interestingly an entire chapter in the Glorious Quran is dedicated to him and his mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary (Chapter 19 "Maryam").

It is entirely up to us to accept the complete and perfected divine message that was sent to us. We should always keep an open mind and be objective. We should accept the truth as soon as it touches our hearts because it may not return, and we don't know when death will visit us. May Allah (Almighty God) guide us all to the right path. Amen