I need help with a christian woman

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Thread: I need help with a christian woman

Last Activity
    18-06-2016
    At
    02:20 PM

asalam alaykom warahmato alah wabarakatuh
    my brothers I need some one who can help me debate with christian woman and this our debate I want Questions or some things that I can make her thinking around her lol.
    jazakom alah khayran
    Why did the Father not save the Son (Jesus) from being killed?

The Bible tells us that it was the will of God that Jesus die on a cross. In the New

Testament, John reports the words of Jesus, when the authorities were coming to arrest him

and kill him, one of Jesus disciples took out his sword and was ready to fight the

authorities to save Jesus, but Jesus said to his disciple, "Put your sword into its sheath;

shall I not drink the cup that the Father has given me?" (John 18:11) so this verse and many

others, tells us that God had a "cup"* for Jesus to drink (something Jesus had to do) and

here Jesus is saying that this "cup"* that the Father has given him to drink is to die. So

yes, God wanted Jesus to die, so that's why he did not save Jesus from being killed.

As I wrote in my previous message, God loved Jesus, he loved him so much that he wanted all

human being to honor and love Jesus as much as himself! Maybe it seems as if God did not

really love Jesus because he did not save him from the Jews, but it was God's will that

Jesus dies. Because if Jesus would not have died, there would be no way, no possibility that

human beings love and honor the Son, Jesus. As I wrote in my previous message, because all

humanity is tainted by sin, we cannot approach God who is holy and pure and we cannot pay

for our own sins, God will only accept the sacrifice of Jesus as a payment for our sins,

nothing else. If God would have saved Jesus from dying, then there would be no redemption

possible for us, no way for us to come to God and so, we would not be able to love and honor

God and the Son because we would be dirty with our sins that only the blood of Jesus can

"wash"* away. So that's why God wanted Jesus to die. To open the way for us to him. And

also, Jesus had a great victory over death, as he came back to life again, as I wrote in my

other message. Jesus' death was not the end of the Son. It was the beginning of a new era

where anybody could come to God and be cleansed of their sins.

Also, God did not save Jesus from death because he loves us. Paul, a New Testament writer

wrote this to a community of believers in Ephesus: "And you were dead in your trespasses and

sins in which you walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the

power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience*- among whom we

all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the

mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God being rich in

mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our

trespasses, made us alive together with Christ - by grace you have been saved ... For by

grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of

God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast."* (Ephesians 2:1-5, 8-9). So God

wanted Jesus to die because by dying, Jesus made a way for anyone who believed in Jesus to

be cleansed of their sins and so be able to spend eternity in God's presence. If Jesus did

not die, there would be no possibility for any of us to spend eternity in heaven with God

because we would be under God's condemnation* because of our sins, and so we would have to

suffer God's wrath. Instead, Jesus suffered God's wrath for us. 1 John 4:9-10 in the New

Testament says this to those who believed in Jesus, "In this the love of God was made

manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through

him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be

the propitiation* (payment) for our sins."

You also asked why Jesus had to die because of Adam's sin. If Adam was the first to sin,

then why was not Adam punished?

The Bible says that there is nothing a human being can do to "pay"* for their sins. You

remember a few verses I've written to you in my last message about that, but here is another

one, "... we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in

Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in

Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified."*

(Galatians 2:16). So no matter the amount of good deeds and actions we do, we are still

under God's condemnation* because our good actions cannot erase our sins, the only solution

to erase our sins, is to be forgiven by God and God can only forgive if his justice is

satisfied (our sins paid for) and Jesus died and rose to life again for us so that in

believing in him, we might be forgiven by God, freely!

So Adam could not simply be punished and be done with sin. Adam did get punished while he

lived on earth, when Adam and Eve disobeyed God, God said to Adam, "... cursed is the ground

because of you; in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life; thorns and thistles

it shall bring forth ... By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread..."* (Genesis 3:17-

19). So God punished Adam because he disobeyed God, but the thing is that sin is not just

something we do, it's something we are. It's part of us, if we sin it's because we are evil

inside. So that's why in spite of the fact that God punished Adam, Adam continued to sin and

all his children, even up to our generation, we are still sinners, because it is the state

of our hearts, it's like a disease, a sickness we have, putting a bandaid on our disease

cannot heal us. Jesus said, "Truly,* truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is a

slave to sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. So if

the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:34-36). That's why Jesus had to die

for us, because we are slaves to sin and sin is rebellion against God. Only the Son, Jesus,

can set us free from our sins and make us acceptable to God, no one or nothing else can free

us. Adam's "mistake"* / disobedience* "lives"* inside every human being and only Jesus, by

his death on the cross and resurrection* can "heal"* us, purify us from our sins.

Wow, that was a bit long again. I hope that what I write makes sense to you, there is so

much to say! I'm enjoying trying to answer your questions, they help me remember the great

love God has for me and what Jesus did for me, it is so amazing that the Son of God died for

me, I don't deserve this, but he still did it because he loved me.

I love sharing Jesus with you my friend, I hope that you are starting to understand a bit

more why Jesus came on earth and who he is. Please feel free to send me more questions, it

is always a privilege for me to try to answer them.

Your friend
    Gabrianne
    answer 2

I am not too sure if I interpret your question properly, but this is your question "Did the Father love his son (Jesus) and how?".

In the Bible, in the New Testament, the book of Mark, Mark reports that after Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist, "... a voice came from heaven, 'You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.'"* (Mark 1:11)

Also, in the book of John, again from the Bible, John reports the words of Jesus, "For the Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing... The Father judges no one, but has given all judgments to the Son, that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father."* (John 5:20, 22-23).

So when these two examples show us that God himself told his son Jesus that he loved him and even called him his "beloved"* and also that Jesus professed that God loved him, the Father loves the Son so much that he wants all people to honor Jesus (the Son) as they honor the Father!

You asked how the Father loved Jesus. God loves the Son so much and desires all to honor him as much as they honor the Father. But people cannot honor Jesus, nor the Father if they are under the condemnation* of God, even the prophet Isaiah said, "Behold*, you were angry, and we sinned; in our sins we have been a long time, and shall we be saved? We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away." (Isaiah 64:5-6). So Isaiah says that because we are sinners, even our righteous actions, probably things that we do to honor God, are like a "pollut*ed garment"* in God's eyes, because we are transgressor*s of His laws.

So people (you and I included) cannot honor God, nor the Son as long as we are not clean before God so that we can honor Him and Jesus as we ought to. Since all humans are sinners, there was no way any of us could honor the Son as the Father wanted so much. And the only way that we, human beings could be able to honor Jesus, was to have our sins paid for, that our condemnation* be rightly paid for. Humans cannot "pay"* for their sins, as Paul, in the New Testament writes, "For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his (God's) sight" (Romans 3:20).

So God sent Jesus his son to earth to die so that Jesus' sacrifice would pay, once for all, for all the sins of the world, because there was no other way a human being could have their sins paid for than by Jesus' payment with his life. "... he (Jesus) entered once for all into the holy places, not by means of the blood of goats and calves but by means of his own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption."* (New Testament, Hebrews 9:12).

So Jesus, by dying, and therefore, paying the price our we deserved to pay for our sins, and by Jesus coming to life again (angels declared to Jesus' friends after he was crucified, "Why do you seek the living (Jesus) among the dead? He is not here bu has risen. Remember how he told you, while he was still in Galilee, that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men and be crucified and on the third day rise." Luke 24:5-7), brought gave to all people the possibility to become clean and to finally be able to honor the Father and the Son.

Those were lengthy explanations*, I am sorry. But basically, the Father showed how much He loved the Son by making a way to all human beings to be able to love and honor Jesus as they should. Without Jesus' death and resurrection*, nobody could be cleansed of their sins and so nobody could love and honor the Son. The Father shows his love for the Father in doing that.

I don't even know if I understood your question! But I hope it helped. I speak French too! So if you'd like to converse in French, I'd be happy to do it. Do you have questions concerning what I just tried to explain? Please feel free to ask me more questions and tell me what you would like to know about Jesus. Or I can just tell you what I know too!

Have a good day friend!
    Gabrianne

Delete | Report | Block
    answer 3
    I believe you refer to the moment on the cross when Jesus cried out, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Matthew 27:46; Mark 15:34). You're right, those are Jesus' words he said on the cross. So why would he say that?

You know Benzo, there are so many things we can't understand about God, because he is infinite, he has no limit, he was always here and we are his creation, with a finite mind and understandin*g, so obviously it's normal that we don't understand certain things about God, but he asks us to believe him anyway (The New Testament, in Hebrews says: "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.")*. The Bible teaches that God is one and only God and it teaches us that the "Father"* is God, that the "Son"* is God and that the "Holy Spirit"* is God. I could give your Bible references here to support this claim, but I'd rather try to answer your questions (since my messages are already so long!).

So I come with the perspective that the Father is God and Jesus is God and they are only one God. How that works, I don't know, I am not God! And if I would understand, that would mean that I am God!

Alright, if Jesus cried out, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" on the cross, I think we need to understand the context. For all eternity, God the Father and God the Son were united in perfect harmony, then Jesus came on earth in a human body. He was not tainted with sin as we are because he was God born of a virgin. He had the body of a human, but he was still 100% God (which is hard to understand, but again I am not God), so Jesus and God still enjoyed a perfect relationship* then, because the Son was clean, he was not a sinner like us. So for all eternity, God the Son had a perfect relationship* with God the Father. But when Jesus went to the cross and was crucified, God placed on Jesus the sins of all the world, from Adam to the last person that will be born. For the first time, the Son was bearing sins et the Bible says that Christ became "sin"* for us (2 Corinthians 5:21 says, "God made Christ Who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousnes*s of God in Him.").* At that moment, on the cross, God declined to count our sins against us and imputed our sins to the Son instead. Paul in 2 Corinthians 5:19 says "... in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them..."* and imputed to those who would believe in Jesus, Jesus' righteousnes*s (1 Corinthians 1:30 says, "He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, whom God made our wisdom and our righteousnes*s and sanctificati*on and redemption."* - Jesus was made our righteousnes*s). So after all eternity of perfect unity with the Father, the Son bears our sins and drinks the wrath of God on in our place, it was the first time that God the Father had to turn his face away from God the Son and pour out his wrath on him, Jesus became "sin"* for us, so that's why for that moment on the cross, Jesus cried out, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Just as when us, sinner can't be in God's presence because he is holy and perfect and we are stained by sin, at that time, Jesus, because he was bearing our sins for us, the Father turned away from the Son and punished him on our behalf. I hope this helps you understand a bit more why Jesus said those words on the cross.

But you know, that's not the end of the story. A little later on on the cross, Jesus said something else, John reports his words, "It is finished"* (John 19:30) after saying those words, Jesus died. Why would he say that? Because he had finally accomplished* what he had come on earth to do: die for us, so that God's wrath would fall on him and not on us. And three days later, Jesus came back to life as I wrote in a different message with a reference. God rose Jesus from the dead, Jesus could not die, Jesus is God.

You also asked about the fact that it seems that God the Father and God the Son don't have the same will, and that Jesus didn't want to do certain things that the Father wanted him to do.

Well, I don't know how you get this impression, but I know that all his life on earth Jesus always desired to do the will of his Father, e.g.: John 5:30 Jesus says, "I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me (the Father's will)."* and again in John 4:34 Jesus says, "My food is to do the will of him who sent me and accomplish his work". Jesus delighted in doing his Father's will and they had one and the same will because they are both one and only God. If it seems as if Jesus has a different will than the Father at times, it might be (and I'm not sure about that) because God the Son was 100% God, but 100% human too, so in his "humanity"* he had to go through suffering and going to the cross and dying involved immense pain, pain that we can't imagine, so I suppose that Jesus in his perfect humanity sometimes wished he didn't have to suffer, but every time he submitted to the Father and asked for the Father's will to be done (see Luke 22:42, Mark 14:36). Hebrews 10:5-10 tells us that Jesus wanted to come on earth and die, it shows us that everything that Jesus did on earth, was not just the Father's plan, but Jesus' plan also, God's desire. Here is Hebrews 10:5-10, "Conseq*uently, when Christ came into the world he said, 'Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired, but a body have you prepared for me; in burnt offerings and sin offerings you have taken no pleasure. Then I said, 'Behold, I have come to do your will, O God, as it is written of me in the scroll of the book.' When he said above, 'You have neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings, then he added, 'Behold I have come to do your will' he abolishes the first in order to establish the second. And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."

There is nowhere in the Bible where we see that Jesus did not have the same desires as God the Father and decided to disobey him. God the Son always did according to the plan they had created before he came on earth.

Alright, I got to stop here, my legs hurt from sitting for so long at this desk! I hope my answers are helpful, let me know if you need clarificatio*n or if you have more questions. I hope you do!

PS: School is starting for me again tomorrow, so I probably won't be as quick to answer you, but I will still answer!

Have a good day!
    Gabrianne
    Delete | Report | Block

نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي
    يمكنك تغير التوقيع الإفتراضي من لوحة التحكم

Last Activity
    22-12-2012
    At
    05:56 PM

well I do not understand English very well but I had translated your text into French
    --
    The Bible tells us that it was God's will that Jesus die on a cross. In the NT
    is that this will is a sin or not,? especially since the massacre of the innocent is a crime then the father had committed a crime

then the father has committed the crime and since the father is part of the trinity trinity therefore sinned
    Last edited by ismael-y; 13-10-2009 at 05:37 PM.

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    02-09-2020
    At
    11:46 PM

Al- salam Alaikum Wa Rahmat Allah wa Barakatu

I will discus the three letters after (Salat Al-Maghreb) in sha'e Allah
    سَلامٌ مِنْ صَبا بَرَدى أَرَقُّ ....ودمعٌ لا يُكَفْكَفُ يا دمشقُ

ومَعْذِرَةَ اليراعةِ والقوافي .... جلاءُ الرِّزءِ عَنْ وَصْفٍ يُدَّقُ

وذكرى عن خواطرِها لقلبي .... إليكِ تلفّتٌ أَبداً وخَفْقُ

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    02-09-2020
    At

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

"Put your sword into its sheath;

shall I not drink the cup that the Father has given me?" (John 18:11) so this verse and many

others, tells us that God had a "cup"* for Jesus to drink (something Jesus had to do
    Compare it with what jesus said in this qutation:

"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Matthew 27:46; Mark 15:34).
    This shows a contradiction in many things:
    1- the way jesus feals when was crucified, the first qutation he was satesfied and in the second he wasn't
    2- this also shows that no one of the bible's writers saw how jesus really was crucified that's why they narrate the crucification event each one different from the others.
    Many scholars confirms that the bibel's writer were
    annonymous. i qute from one of them

To be continued..........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    02-09-2020
    At

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

At this link you will find usefull discussions for many things

http://www.ebnmaryam.com/vb/showthread.php?t=32047

حياكم الله

Last Activity
    18-06-2016
    At
    02:20 PM

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

شـكــ وبارك الله فيكم ـــرا لك ... لكم مني أجمل تحية .
    يمكنك تغير التوقيع الإفتراضي من لوحة التحكم

Thread Information