Islam word mean in arabic the submit to the God, and Muslim word mean who submit to the God. and the plural is "Muslimin (Muslims)
Salam mean also peace, one Hebrew you will find Shalom.
In Islam which we believe that there was the pages of Abraham and the Torah book and the Zabore(Psalm)book and the injill (Gospel) book . But after, some Jewish and the church damaged them and modified them, that's why you will find many contradictions and scientific errors in the present Torah Bible (present Torah + present Gospel )
Now it became 5 books of corrupted Torah and replaced it and many corrupted Gospels .but still there some few things right .just few.
We know the names of 25 messengers and prophets(Abraham, Jesus, Moses,Solomon, David,...), and there is more we don't know them.
All the messengers and the prophets was Muslims .
Quran 16:36
سورة النحل, الآية 36:
ولقد بعثنا في كل أمة رسولا أن اعبدوا الله واجتنبوا الطاغوت فمنهم من هدى الله ومنهم من حقت عليه الضلالة فسيروا في الأرض فانظروا كيف كان عاقبة المكذبين

And certainly We raised in every nation an messenger saying: Serve Allah and shun the Shaitan. So there were some of them whom Allah guided and there were others against whom error was due; therefore travel in the land, then see what was the end of the rejecters.
----

Quran 3:65-67
Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 65:
يَا أَهْلَ الْكِتَابِ لِمَ تُحَاجُّونَ فِي إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَمَا أُنزِلَتِ التَّوْرَاةُ وَالْإِنجِيلُ إِلَّا مِن بَعْدِهِ أَفَلَا تَعْقِلُونَ

O followers of the Book! why do you dispute about Ibrahim, when the Taurat(Torah) and the Injeel(Gospel) were not revealed till after him; do you not then understand?
Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 66:
هَا أَنتُمْ هَٰؤُلَاءِ حَاجَجْتُمْ فِيمَا لَكُم بِهِ عِلْمٌ فَلِمَ تُحَاجُّونَ فِيمَا لَيْسَ لَكُم بِهِ عِلْمٌ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنتُمْ لَا تَعْلَمُونَ

Behold! you are they who disputed about that of which you had knowledge; why then do you dispute about that of which you have no knowledge? And Allah knows while you do not know.
Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 67:
مَا كَانَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ يَهُودِيًّا وَلَا نَصْرَانِيًّا وَلَٰكِن كَانَ حَنِيفًا مُّسْلِمًا وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ

Ibrahim was not a Jew nor a Christian but he was (an) upright (man), a Muslim, and he was not one of the polytheists.
#######
When the people lost, the God send a messenger or prophet to guide them to the right and to not have any argument in the judgment day like "oh God, why you wasn't send a prophet to guide us".
The messenger Jesus is not a God or son of God. he is one of the mighty messengers of the God.
They wasn't Crucified him or killed him.
Every messenger have his own miracles.
The Torah and the Gospel the God give it to the messengers, and why the God wasn't protect both of them from damage? Because it was a test from the God . Moses and Jesus order their people to save it from damage. It's like convenat and mission and test to them from God. But the people wasn't follow the instructions
. They was wrote books by their own hands and say"this from God" to get a price with it.
Why the God protected the Quran from the corruption?
Because it's the Quran it's the final book sent to the last and the final messenger.
“Verily, We, it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Qur’aan) and surely, We will guard it (from corruption)”

[al-Hijr 15:9]
Even when the messenger Jesus will return . he will return to finish his incomplete mission, to kill the Antichrist (Al dajjal) , And when he will return no book will sent to him, because he will work with the Quran. And Jesus was a Muslim and he still Muslim (who submit to the God) .
Jesus also said "My GOD and your GOD" (John 20:17)
Jesus said"There is One God.there is no other god but he ""(Mark12:32)
These verses mean (refer to) the children of Israel (in the time of Moses and Jesus,who corrupted the Torah of Mosa and the Gospel of Jesus ) :
From SURA 2. AL-BAQARA (THE COW) :
75. Can ye [o ye men of Faith] entertain the hope that they will believe in you?- Seeing that a party of them heard the Word of Allah, and perverted it knowingly after they understood it.
76. Behold! when they meet the men of Faith, they say: "We believe": But when they meet each other in private, they say: "Shall you tell them what Allah hath revealed to you, that they may engage you in argument about it before your Lord?"- Do ye not understand [their aim]?
77. Know they not that Allah knoweth what they conceal and what they reveal? 78. And there are among them illiterates, who know not the Book, but [see therein their own] desires, and they do nothing but conjecture.
79. Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say: "This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby.
80. And they say: "The Fire shall not touch us but for a few numbered days:" Say: "Have ye taken a promise from Allah, for He never breaks His promise? or is it that ye say of Allah what ye do not know?"

Quran 62:5
مثل الذين حملوا التوراة ثم لم يحملوها كمثل الحمار يحمل أسفارا بئس مثل القوم الذين كذبوا بآيات الله والله لا يهدي القوم الظالمين

The likeness of those who were charged with the Taurat, then they did not observe it, is as the likeness of the donkey bearing books, evil is the likeness of the people who reject the communications of Allah; and Allah does not guide the unjust people.
-----------------

corruption of the bible :
Jeremiah 23:36 King James Version (KJV)

36 And the burden of the Lord shall ye mention no more: for every man's word shall be his burden; for ye have perverted the words of the living God, of the Lord of hosts our God.
37 Thus shalt thou say to the prophet, What hath the Lord answered thee? and, What hath the Lord spoken?
38 But since ye say, The burden of the Lord; therefore thus saith the Lord; Because ye say this word, The burden of the Lord, and I have sent unto you, saying, Ye shall not say, The burden of the Lord;
39 Therefore, behold, I, even I, will utterly forget you, and I will forsake you, and the city that I gave you and your fathers, and cast you out of my presence:
40 And I will bring an everlasting reproach upon you, and a perpetual shame, which shall not be forgotten.
######
Moses speak (according to your books) :
Deuteronomy 31:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the Lord; and how much more after my death?
--------
Jesus said "my God and your God ", ",Jesus worshipped the God. And if you think the Bible from God, why then you find many scientific errors on it(flat earth standing on pillars,..) And why you will find many contradictions on it? And why you will find many versions of the Bible (kjv, Niv,...) ?and why you will find many bad things on it?
The answer is clear, because it was corrupted.