Can God Become A Man

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Can God Become A Man

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Can God Become A Man

Last Activity
    25-04-2024
    At
    01:32 PM

Quote Originally Posted by pandora View Post
    lol... For a moment you made me think.. What is this? By all your links... I thought you were maybe on to something. Then I realised that none of the links you have gleaned your opinion have anything to do with what the Bible has to say on the matter of Jesus' birth and His naming. They are men's opinions.. Which seem to be from a catholic perspective.... Don't get me wrong here I do not castigate my catholic brothers and sisters here.. But I do not see that their position on Mary is upheld by Biblical scripture. That for me is the main thing.. So any Christians that do refer to Jesus as Son of Mary.. (And in all my life I have never met one.. And I do have Catholics among my circle of friends but even they have never used this term.) then they will answer for that the same as yourselves at the judgement.

I can't in good conscious reply to you article on "God had sex with Mary"... It is blasphemy, on those who wrote the article and yourself for propagating it. If you had any decency you would remove it. Brigham Young was NOT a Christian... And what he spouts is not Biblical Christianity. If you wish to continue dialogue with me on biblical matters.. Please check your sources before you post them as an opinion of Christians.

thats your belief.. One I don't share. We can agree to differ on this point.

Again this is your belief.. Certainly the Gospels or Injil was never a book.. Jesus was the Gospel.. Jesus was the Word and the message.. Never the messenger. As for false beliefs you again have no proof of the previous scriptures being false in regards to the message God intended to reveal. The Quran brings a different message... Which conflicts on many key points with the previous scriptures.

If God forgave sin just because He could.. In an arbitrary nature as the Quran claims then it goes against Gods divine nature of being just. A sin is a sin.. God has decreed that there is a penalty to pay for sin... Someone has to pay it? God can forgive you... Doesn't mean you don't have to pay the penalty.. Jesus paid that penalty for us. Because God in His divine wisdom knows us better than we know ourselves.. Thus knows we can never pay the price ourselves. Without a redeemer you have to pay that penalty yourself... God makes the rules.. Sin has a consequence.. For us, for the world and for God. If you believe otherwise.. Then my friend.. You've been slipped a custard!

if you don't believe it then YOU should not have said it. The Bible never says Jesus was a thief! Stop telling lies and twisting words to say what you want them too. Allow the words to speak for themselves. You would do well to read what Jesus said in the Gospels.. His teachings. Because if you did you would never dream of uttering such calumnies against His person.

The supposed Allah allowed muslims to keep the booty pillaged from caravans!!!! Think about your accusations. What are you saying!!!!!

according to your belief...

as well as asking Allah to bring them back to Islam, you may consider what you can do yourself to facilitate this. God likes actions over words.

Christianity is also against extremism and the killing of innocent people.. As well as the guilty who where ever we can we should forgive and help to rehabilitate to society and back to Gods love.

thank you. Peace be with you also.

First of all you said that any christian who calls jesus the son of mary then he has to answer to god in judgement day !!!! This means that the writers of the gospels have a lot to answer to :

as brother اسلامي عزي stated :

Is not this the carpenter, the
    son of Mary
    the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

Mark 6:3

Second the message of the Quran (which god can forgive the sin of the people if they repent) and that no one carries the sin of others is the message of the prophets :

1. No one carries the sin of others :

20 The person who sins is the one who will die. A son will not suffer for his father’s iniquity, and a father will not suffer for his son’s iniquity; the righteous person will be judged according to his righteousness, and the wicked person according to his wickedness.

Ezekiel 18 :20

2. God can forgive the sin of others if they repent :

10 When God saw their actions—they turned from their evil way of living!—God relented concerning the judgment he had threatened them with and he did not destroy them.

Jonah 3:10

I incourage you to read your book more

peace be with you

نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    06:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by محمد سني 1989 View Post

First of all you said that any christian who calls jesus the son of mary then he has to answer to god in judgement day !!!! This means that the writers of the gospels have a lot to answer to :

son of Mary
    the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

Yes I did say that.. And I stand by my words. Please read Mark 6:3 and note the context.. The writers of the Gospels do not answer for the recording of the accounts of others committing such calumny. The sin is not theirs and we answer for our OWN sins.

Mark 6

A Prophet Without Honour~
    6 Jesus left there and went to his hometown, accompanied by his disciples. 2 When the Sabbath came, he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed.

“Where did this man get these things?” they asked. “What’s this wisdom that has been given him? What are these remarkable miracles he is performing? 3 Isn’t this the carpenter? Isn’t this Mary’s son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon? Aren’t his sisters here with us?” And they took offense at him.

4 Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home.” 5 He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6 He was amazed at their lack of faith.

The people referring to Jesus as Son of Mary in this verse are NOT Christians ..that is followers of Christ. They are the Jews that did not believe Jesus was who He claimed to be the Messiah. THEY TOOK OFFENCE AT HIM.. They questioned His credentials as a prophet and His ability to perform miracles. In other words they scoffed at Him.

Second the message of the Quran (which god can forgive the sin of the people if they repent) and that no one carries the sin of others is the message of the prophets :

20 The person who sins is the one who will die. A son will not suffer for his father’s iniquity, and a father will not suffer for his son’s iniquity; the righteous person will be judged according to his righteousness, and the wicked person according to his wickedness.

10 When God saw their actions—they turned from their evil way of living!—God relented concerning the judgment he had threatened them with and he did not destroy them.

peace be with you

I encourage you to read your book more.. Does the Quran in fact claim that someone can bear the sins of another?

They will bear their own burdens in full on the Day of Resurrection, and also of the burdens of those whom they misled without knowledge. Evil indeed is that which they shall bear! (Qur'an 16:25,)

And verily, they shall bear their own loads, and other loads besides their own, and verily, they shall be questioned on the Day of Resurrection about that which they used to fabricate. (Qur'an 29:13)

These verses on the face of it look as if some sinners will not only bear their own sins but also the sins of those they have wronged.

No one is saying that God does not forgive the repentant sinner.. It's quite clear from scripture He does, however God dictates the terms and makes the rules. The Bible clearly states that there is a penalty that has to be paid for sin.. All the Old Testament prophets teach this, so I don't know what prophets you are thinking of! Just as you pay in society for a crime you commit against it.. And are punished.. And pay a price weather it be a fine or incarceration or worse.. Gods justice is the same.. However, we understand that His divine justice is tempered by His love and mercy for His creation.

Peace to you.

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At
    06:53 PM

son of Mary

peace be with you

I am aware of that verse, but if you look at it in context, you will see that they used the term to disparage Jesus; moreover, Jesus confirms this by saying "A prophet is not without honor save in his own town;" so, you are right in saying they will give account as all Muslims will for using the expression Jesus "Son of Mary." Every time one refers to Jesus as "son of Mary (SOM)," they disparage Jesus. How dare one refer to the son of God as son of His mother? How low can one go doing this and calling Jesus a thief? Satan is the one who attempts to disparage Jesus while he pretends to honor Him. Does not the Creator of the seeing eye not see or the hearing ear not hear?

May God have mercy on the souls of those who ignorantly call Him son of His mother and show them the right way, the good way and the straight path.
    Those who out of willful ignorance say SOM will be punished by God the next time they do it, and they will know it.

Blessings to lovers of truth

Last Activity
    25-04-2024
    At

Yes I did say that.. And I stand by my words. Please read Mark 6:3 and note the context.. The writers of the Gospels do not answer for the recording of the accounts of others committing such calumny. The sin is not theirs and we answer for our OWN sins.

[/SIZE]Mark 6

A Prophet Without Honour~
    6 Jesus left there and went to his hometown, accompanied by his disciples. 2 When the Sabbath came, he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed.

“Where did this man get these things?” they asked. “What’s this wisdom that has been given him? What are these remarkable miracles he is performing? 3 Isn’t this the carpenter? Isn’t this Mary’s son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon? Aren’t his sisters here with us?” And they took offense at him.

4 Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home.” 5 He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6 He was amazed at their lack of faith.

The people referring to Jesus as Son of Mary in this verse are NOT Christians ..that is followers of Christ. They are the Jews that did not believe Jesus was who He claimed to be the Messiah. THEY TOOK OFFENCE AT HIM.. They questioned His credentials as a prophet and His ability to perform miracles. In other words they scoffed at Him.

[SIZE=5]

I encourage you to read your book more.. Does the Quran in fact claim that someone can bear the sins of another?

They will bear their own burdens in full on the Day of Resurrection, and also of the burdens of those whom they misled without knowledge. Evil indeed is that which they shall bear! (Qur'an 16:25,)

And verily, they shall bear their own loads, and other loads besides their own, and verily, they shall be questioned on the Day of Resurrection about that which they used to fabricate. (Qur'an 29:13)

These verses on the face of it look as if some sinners will not only bear their own sins but also the sins of those they have wronged.

No one is saying that God does not forgive the repentant sinner.. It's quite clear from scripture He does, however God dictates the terms and makes the rules. The Bible clearly states that there is a penalty that has to be paid for sin.. All the Old Testament prophets teach this, so I don't know what prophets you are thinking of! Just as you pay in society for a crime you commit against it.. And are punished.. And pay a price weather it be a fine or incarceration or worse.. Gods justice is the same.. However, we understand that His divine justice is tempered by His love and mercy for His creation.

Peace to you.

Still jesus peace be upon him did not deny the response :

There is nothing in this context that suggests that jesus peace be upon him denied what they said about him being the son of Mary

You obviously do not deny that he had brother and sisters so why deny this ???

Second nothing in the quran verses state what you claim . You obviously just copy and paste without reading :

That they may bear their own burdens in full on the Day of Resurrection and some of the burdens of those whom they misguide without knowledge. Unquestionably, evil is that which they bear.

OF THOSE WHOM THEY MISGUIDE

If somebody preaches false teachings or tries to overthrow the message of god say like Pharoah he will bear both his sins and the sins of those who did not believe moses peace be upon him but that does not mean that his followers are without sins rather their sins are shared by them and pharoh , example from the Quran :

And We did certainly send Moses with Our signs and a clear authority
    To Pharaoh and his establishment, but they followed the command of Pharaoh, and the command of Pharaoh was not [at all] discerning.
    He will precede his people on the Day of Resurrection and lead them into the Fire; and wretched is the place to which they are led.
    And they were followed in this [world] with a curse and on the Day of Resurrection. And wretched is the gift which is given.

Surah hud verses : 96-99

Another example more clearly :

And [mention] when they will argue within the Fire, and the weak will say to those who had been arrogant, "Indeed, we were [only] your followers, so will you relieve us of a share of the Fire?"
    Those who had been arrogant will say, "Indeed, all [of us] are in it. Indeed, Allah has judged between the servants."

Surah gafir verses 47-48

The difference between us is that we say that those whom have misled the people will share the sins with those of whom they have misled and are BOTH condemed

You claim that god sent his son (whom have not committed a sin ) to bear the sins of others (whom he has preached to the way of god) because humanity's father has sinned and that sin is inheritted !!!!!

THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE

AS for the other verse this either proves to me that you intentionally ommitted the verse from its context or you know nothing about the quran here is the context of the verse :

And those who disbelieve say to those who believe, "Follow our way, and we will carry your sins." But they will not carry anything of their sins. Indeed, they are liars.
    But they will surely carry their [own] burdens and [other] burdens along with their burdens, and they will surely be questioned on the Day of Resurrection about what they used to invent.

Quran 29:12-13

The verse 12 proves that no body takes the burdon of others its a PAGAN idea
    The verse 13 was talking about the current and their own FUTURE sins which they will carry

As for your last part it totally dismisses what is said in the old testement in fact you did not answer what I quoted for you :

peace be with you

Last Activity
    25-04-2024
    At

Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    I am aware of that verse, but if you look at it in context, you will see that they used the term to disparage Jesus; moreover, Jesus confirms this by saying "A prophet is not without honor save in his own town;" so, you are right in saying they will give account as all Muslims will for using the expression Jesus "Son of Mary." Every time one refers to Jesus as "son of Mary (SOM)," they disparage Jesus. How dare one refer to the son of God as son of His mother? How low can one go doing this and calling Jesus a thief? Satan is the one who attempts to disparage Jesus while he pretends to honor Him. Does not the Creator of the seeing eye not see or the hearing ear not hear?

May God have mercy on the souls of those who ignorantly call Him son of His mother and show them the right way, the good way and the straight path.
    Those who out of willful ignorance say SOM will be punished by God the next time they do it, and they will know it.

The context does not show that jesus peace be upon him in his response denied that he is the son of mary nor do any christians deny that he had brothers and sisters :

Notice among his relatives and the fact that Jesus peace be upon him Did not answer them by saying he is the son of god nor denying that he is the son of Mary peace be upon her .

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post

Burninglight, I am not aware of any other prophet other than Jesus that is called by the name of his mother. I have raised this issue before, and kindly some member did say if it was offensive they would use another term when replying to posts. That I'm sure was meant in kindness, but it is not myself who is hurting here.. Or Christians in general.. Although I confess it hurts to hear The Lord Jesus referred to in this manner. Muslims do not see the hurt they commit against Jesus. I have been told in the past to always show respect to Mohammed by applying the title Prophet Mohammed or prophet of Islam. When this was pointed out to me I am happy to oblige out of respect for the feelings of muslims on this issue. This respect is not a two way thing. Which is a shame.

God bless and keep you.

Last Activity
    25-04-2024
    At

Burninglight, I am not aware of any other prophet other than Jesus that is called by the name of his mother. I have raised this issue before, and kindly some member did say if it was offensive they would use another term when replying to posts. That I'm sure was meant in kindness, but it is not myself who is hurting here.. Or Christians in general.. Although I confess it hurts to hear The Lord Jesus referred to in this manner. Muslims do not see the hurt they commit against Jesus. I have been told in the past to always show respect to Mohammed by applying the title Prophet Mohammed or prophet of Islam. When this was pointed out to me I am happy to oblige out of respect for the feelings of muslims on this issue. This respect is not a two way thing. Which is a shame.

God bless and keep you.
    I have already answered this to Burninglight Jesus peace be upon him did not deny this in Mark 6 he did not answer that he was the son of god . And we already agree that he had a virgin birth so what is the problem !!!!!

Mary peace be upon her holds a high status among both muslims and christians

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    18-04-2024
    At
    02:26 AM

They are men's opinions.
    In the end they are Christians !
    Their words support what it was written in the holy Qura'n !

Brigham Young was NOT a Christian.
    please read this :

We are Christians in a very real sense and that is coming to be more and more widely recognized. Once upon a time people everywhere said we are not Christians. They have come to recognize that we are, and that we have a very vital and dynamic religion based on the teachings of Jesus Christ. We, of course, accept Jesus Christ as our Leader, our King, our Savior.

http://www.mormon.org/faq/mormon-christian

Jesus was the Word and the message.. Never the messenger.
    here Jesus PUH is the messenger of god !

John 5 : 37

And the Father himself, which hath sent me,
    hath borne witness of me.
    Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

Allah allowed muslims to keep the booty pillaged from caravans
    basically it's the muslim's money !
    the infidels exclude the believers out of Mecca and they stole their money and Properties !

deut 19 : 21

And thine eye shall not pity;
    but life shall go for life, eye for eye,
    tooth for tooth,
    hand for hand,
    foot for foot.

Allah never ordered Muslims to steal !

God likes actions over words.
    Sometimes words - DOAA - are more beneficial than actions or armes !

Christianity is also against extremism and the killing of innocent people
    are you sure ????

Name:  24-07-2014 01-43-59.png
Views: 384
Size:  352.9 KB

Romans 3 : 6

For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?

Psalms 137 : 9

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Name:  24-07-2014 01-44-58.png
Views: 202
Size:  272.9 KB

and we have more :

Short Account of the Destruction of the Indies
    the pastor : Bartolome de Las Casas

http://www.lehigh.edu/~ejg1/doc/lascasas/casas.htm

They will bear their own burdens in full on the Day of Resurrection, and also of the burdens of those whom they misled without knowledge. Evil indeed is that which they shall bear!
    (Qur'an 16:25,)
    And verily, they shall bear their own loads, and other loads besides their own, and verily, they shall be questioned on the Day of Resurrection about that which they used to fabricate.
    (Qur'an 29:13)
    Those persons they not say they forgive sins nor they were gods and saviors !
    They deserved this punishment because they guide others away from the straight path.
    Where is the problem ?????

may God guide us to the right way .

AMEN.
    Last edited by *اسلامي عزي*; 23-07-2014 at 04:33 AM.

أنقر(ي) فضلاً أدناه :

سُبحان الذي يـُطعـِمُ ولا يُطعَم ،
    منّ علينا وهدانا ، و أعطانا و آوانا ،
    وكلّ بلاء حسن أبلانا ،
    الحمدُ لله حمداً حمداً ،
    الحمدُ لله حمداً يعدلُ حمدَ الملائكة المُسبّحين ، و الأنبياء و المُرسلين ،
    الحمدُ لله حمدًا كثيراً طيّبا مُطيّبا مُباركاً فيه ، كما يُحبّ ربّنا و يرضى ،
    اللهمّ لكَ الحمدُ في أرضك ، ولك الحمدُ فوق سماواتك ،
    لكَ الحمدُ حتّى ترضى ، ولكَ الحمدُ إذا رضيتَ ، ولكَ الحمدُ بعد الرضى ،
    اللهمّ لك الحمدُ حمداً كثيراً يملأ السماوات العلى ، يملأ الأرض و مابينهما ،
    تباركتَ ربّنا وتعالَيتَ .

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

That they may bear their own burdens in full on the Day of Resurrection and some of the burdens of those whom they misguide without knowledge. Unquestionably, evil is that which they bear.

OF THOSE WHOM THEY MISGUIDE

If somebody preaches false teachings or tries to overthrow the message of god say like Pharoah he will bear both his sins and the sins of those who did not believe moses peace be upon him but that does not mean that his followers are without sins rather their sins are shared by them and pharoh , example from the Quran :
    I said it appears to me that these verses do allow for the fact that in certain circumstances a person can bear the sin of another.... Or burdens.. Your example below weather both parties stand condemned the lot of one still bears the greater burden of a others sin. I thank you for your explanations.

The difference between us is that we say that those whom have misled the people will share the sins with those of whom they have misled and are BOTH condemed

You claim that god sent his son (whom have not committed a sin ) to bear the sins of others (whom he has preached to the way of god) because humanity's father has sinned and that sin is inheritted !!!!!
    just to clarify a point.. We do not inherit Adams sin. Jesus taught that He was the only way to God the Father.. The Bible throughout teaches this fact. That God would send a redeemer. . Messiah.. To make us righteous before God. We do not believe we can by our own efforts achieve this. God has decreed a blood sacrifice has to be paid for sin.. By His grace He provided the final perfect lamb of God, just as He did for Abraham when He provided the ram.. Only the perfect lamb as sinless is the final sacrifice for all. All who are His are saved by grace. It does not mean we are absolved from the sins of our own actions.

As for your last part it totally dismisses what is said in the old testement in fact you did not answer what I quoted for you :

As Christians we live under the new covenant.. To see this verse in context it refers to a person living under the covenant of the Torah (the Law of Moses). Ezekiel 18:20 is addressing the Israelites who were living under the Torah. So we have to see the context of these verses is the Torah. If we want to understand the verses we need to understand some basics about the Torah...When somebody living under the Torah sinned they were responsible for what they had done, but if they repented they could be forgiven by a sacrifice that would bear their sin before God. The Torah explains this in Leviticus...

(H)e must bring as his offering for the sin he committed a female goat without defect. He is to lay his hand on the head of the sin offering and slaughter it at the place of the burnt offering. Then the priest is to take some of the blood with his finger and put it on the horns of the altar of burnt offering and pour out the rest of the blood at the base of the altar. He shall remove all the fat, just as the fat is removed from the fellowship offering, and the priest shall burn it on the altar as an aroma pleasing to the LORD. In this way the priest will make atonement for him, and he will be forgiven.

We see...

For the life of a creature is in the blood , and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life. (Leviticus 17:11)

This is why a lot of the Torah teaches about priests, sacrifices and the tabernacle/temple where the sacrifices were offered. The Torah teaches individual responsibility and forgiveness through a substitute sacrifice that bears our sin. These verses are not saying there is no sacrifice that can bear our sin. Instead they are saying that we are individually responsible for our sins and need to seek forgiveness through God's provision of a substitute sacrifice that can bear our sin. These verses confirm what Christianity teaches. The law which Jesus fulfilled means we do not have to offer substitutionary sacrifices.. Because of the work of Jesus on the cross. So to surmise.. Christians as followers of Jesus are under the new covenant that was authored by Him.

I hope this explains in some way your issue with Ezekiel.

peace

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

I have already answered this to Burninglight Jesus peace be upon him did not deny this in Mark 6 he did not answer that he was the son of god . And we already agree that he had a virgin birth so what is the problem !!!!!

Mary peace be upon her holds a high status among both muslims and christians
    My reply was directed to Burninglight as a fellow Christian he understands the issue with Son of Mary.. Which muslims do not. Why would Jesus deny his mother or siblings? Do you think He should be announcing at every opportunity he was son of God?

Mary does hold high status in Christianity for reasons we understand,..though Mary was never considered Holy in scripture and it is clear what honour was due her.. Jesus did not elevate His mother Mary above other Mothers and I believe it is wrong to elevate her as some appear to. I do not know why Mary is honoured in the Quran... As a mother of just another prophet why are the mothers of other prophets not afforded the same honour. Unless the Quran sees that it is through Jesus that Mary is honoured and so it is Jesus that is some way different and special and apart from other prophets.

Peace.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Can God Become A Man

Thread Information