ANSWER TO CHRISTIAN DILEMMAS

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Thread: ANSWER TO CHRISTIAN DILEMMAS

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    15-04-2024
    At
    12:00 AM

Default ANSWER TO CHRISTIAN DILEMMAS

CHAPTER 6 : ANSWER TO CHRISTIAN DILEMMAS

"Christ in Islam" is really Christ in the Quran: and the Holy Quran has something definite to say about every abberation of Christianity. The Quran absolves Jesus (pbuh) from all the false charges of his emenies as well as the misplaced infatuation of his followers. His enemies allege that he blasphemed against God by claiming Divinity. His misguided followers claim that he did avow Divinity, but that was not blasphemy (kufr) because he was God. What does the Quran say? Addressing both the Jews and the Christians, Allah says:-
    Holy Quran 4:171
    GOING TO EXTREMES

"O People of the Book:" is a very respectful title with which the Jews and the Christians are addressed in the Holy Quran. In other words, Allah is saying - "O Learned People!" "O People with a Scripture!" According to their own boast, the Jews and the Christians prided themselves over the Arabs, who had no Scripture before the Quran. As a learned people, Allah pulls up both the contending religionists for going to either extremes as regards the personality of Christ. The Jews made certain insinuations about the legitimacy of Jesus(pbuh) and charged him of blasphemy by twisting his words. The Christians read other meanings into his words; wrench words out of their context to make him God. The modern-day Christian - the hot-gospeller - the Bible thumper - uses harsher words and cruder approaches to win over a convert to his blasphemies.He says:
    "EITHER JESUS IS GOD OR A LIAR"
    "EITHER JESUS IS GOD OR A LUNATIC"
    "EITHER JESUS IS GOD OR AN IMPOSTER"
    These are his words - words culled from Christian literature. Since no man of charity, Muslim or otherwise, can condemn Christ so harshly as the Christian challenges him to do, perforce he must keep non-committal. He thinks he must make a choice between one or the other of these silly extremes. It does not occur to him that there is an alternative to this Christian conundrum.
    SENSIBLE ALTERNATIVE

Is it not possible that Jesus is simply what he claimed to be- a prophet like so many other prophets that passed away before him? Even that he is one of the greatest of them - a mighty miracle worker, a great spiritual teacher and guide - the Messiah! Why only God or Lunatic? Is "lunacy" the opposite of "Divinity" in Christianity? What is the antonym of God? Will some clever Christian answer?
    A.Yusuf Ali's comment on verse 171 above.
    JESUS QUESTIONED

Reproduced below are verses 119 to 121 from Sura Maida (Ch.5) depicting the scene of Judgement Day, when Allah will question Jesus (pbuh) regarding the misdirected zeal of his supposed followers in worshipping him and his mother: and his response-
    Holy Quran 5:119-121
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    15-04-2024
    At

CLAIMED NO DIVINITY

If this is the statement of Truth from the All-Knowing, that"Never did I say to them anything other than what I was commanded to say,that is WORSHIP GOD, WHO IS MY LORD AND YOUR LORD", then how do the Christians justify worshipping Jesus? There is not a single unequivocal statement throughout the Bible, in all its 66 volumes of the Protestant versions, or in the 73 volumes of the Roman Catholic versions, where Jesus claims to be God or where he says - 'worship me.' Nowhere does he say that he and God Almighty are one and the same person. The last phrase above - "one and the same person" tickles many a "hot- gospeller" and "Bible-thumper," not exluding the Doctor of Divinity and the Professor of Theology. Even the new converts to Christianity have memorised these verses. They are programmed like zombies to rattle off verses, out of context, upon which they can hang their faith. The words "ARE ONE" activates the mind by association of memories. "Yes", say the Trinitarians - the worshippers of three gods in one God, and one God in three gods - "Jesus did claim to be God!" Where?
    REVEREND AT THE TABLE

I had taken Rev. Morris D.D. and his wife, to lunch at the "Golden Peacock". While at the table, during the course of our mutual sharing of knowledge, the opportunity arose to ask, "Where?" And without a murmur he quoted, "I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE" - to imply that God and Jesus were one and the same Person. That Jesus here claims to be God. The verse quoted was well known to me, but it was being quoted out of context. It did not carry the meaning that the Doctor was imaging, so I asked him, "What is the context?"
    CHOCKED ON "CONTEXT"

The Reverend stopped eating and began staring at me. I said, "Why? Don't you know the context?" - "You see, what you have quoted is the text, I want to know the context, the text that goes with it, before or after." Here was an Englishman (Canadian), a paid-servant of the Presbyterian Church, a Doctor of Divinity, and it appeared that I was trying to teach him English. Of course he knew what "context" meant. But like the rest of his compatriots, he had not studied the sense in which Jesus(pbuh) had uttered the words. In my forty years of experience, this test had been thrown at me hundred of times, but not a single learned Christian had ever attempted to hazard a guess as to its real meaning. They always start fumbling for their Bibles. The Doctor did not have one with him. When they do start going for their Bibles, I stop them in their stride. "Surely, you know what you are quoting?" "Surely, you know your Bible?" After reading this, I hope some "born-again" Christians will rectify this deficiency. But I doubt that my Muslim readers will ever come across one in their lifetime who could give them the context.

اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    15-04-2024
    At

WHAT IS THE CONTEXT?

It is unfair on the part of the Reverend, having failed to provide the context, then to ask me, "Do you know the context?" "Of course," I said. "Then, what is it?" asked my learned friend. I said, "That which you have quoted is the text of John chapter 10, verse 30. To get at the context, we have to begin from verse 23 which reads:
    23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch. John, or whoever he was, who wrote his story, does not tell us the reason for Jesus tempting the Devil by walking alone in the lion's den. For we do not expect the Jews to miss a golden opportunity to get even with Jesus. Perhaps, he was emboldened by the manner in which he had literally whipped the Jews single-handed in the Temple, and upset the tables of the money-changers at the beginning of his ministry (John 2:15).
    24 Then came the Jews round about him. And said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. They surrounded him. Brandishing their fingers in his face, they began accusing him and provoking him; saying that he had not put forth his claim plainly enough, clearly enough. That he was talking ambiguously. They were trying to work themselves into a frenzy to assault him. In fact,their real complaint was that they did not like his method of preaching-his invectives, the manner in which he condemned them for their formalism, their ceremonialism, their going for the letter of the law and forgetting the spirit. But Jesus could not afford to provoke them any further-there were too many and they were itching for a fight. Discretion is the better part of valour. In a conciliatory spirit, befitting the occassion -
    25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and you believed not:the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. that is to say , the miracles bear witness of my prophethood and of me being the Messiah .
    26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. Jesus rebuts the false charge of his enemies that he was ambiguous in his claims to being the Messiah that they were waiting for. He says that he did tell them clearly enough, yet they would not listen to him, but
    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28 And I give unto them enternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man PLUCK THEM OUT OF MY FATHER"S HAND.
    29 My father which gave them me, is greater than all, and no man is able to PLUCK THEM OUT OF MY FATHER'S HAND.
    How can anyone be so blind as not to see the exactness of the ending of the last two verses. But spiritual blinkers are more impervious than physical defects. He is telling the Jews and recording for posterity, the real unity or relationship between the Father and the son. The most crucial verse -
    30 I and my Father are one.
    One in what? In their Omniscience? In their Nature? In their Omnipotence No! One in purpose! That once a believer has accepted faith, the Messenger sees to it that he remains in faith, and God Almighty also sees to it that he remains in faith. This is the purpose of the "Father" AND the "son" AND the "Holy Ghost" AND of every man AND every woman of faith. Let the same John explain his Gnostic mystic verbiage.
    John 17:20-22
    If Jesus is "ONE" with God, and if that "ONENESS" makes him God, then the traitor Judas, and the doubting Thomas, and the satanic Peter, plus the other nine who deserted him when he was most in need are God(s),because the same ONENESS which he claimed with God in John 10:30, now he claims for ALL "Who forsook him and fled"(Mark 14:50) - ALL "ye of little faith" (Mathew 8:26) - ALL "O faithless and perverse generation"(Luke 9:41) Where and when will the Christian blasphemy end? The expression "I and my Father are one," was very innocent, meaning nothing more than a common purpose with God. But the Jews were looking for trouble and any excuse will not do, therefore, -
    31 The Jews took up stones again to stone him.
    32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father for which of those works do you stone me
    33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself a God.
    In verse 24 above the Jews falsely alleged that Jesus was talking ambiguously. When that charge was ably refuted, they then accused him of blasphemy (kufr) which is like treason in the spiritual realm. So they say that Jesus is claiming to be God--"I and my Father are one". The Christians agree with the Jews in this that Jesus (pbuh) did make such a claim; but, differ, in that it was not blasphemy because the Christians say that he was God and was entitled to own up to his Divinity. The Christians and the Jews are both agreed that the utterance is serious. To one as an excuse for good "redemption", and to the other as an excuse for good "reddance". Between the two, let the poor Jesus die. But Jesus refuses to co-operate in this dirty game, so -
    34 Jesus answered them, is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
    35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
    36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the son of God?
    WHY "YOUR LAW"?

He is bit sarcastic in verse 34, but in any event, why does he say: "Your Law"? Is it not also his law? Did't he say:
    Mathew 5:17-18
    "YE ARE GODS"

"Ye are gods:" He is obviously quoting from the 82nd. Psalm (verse 6) "I have said, YE ARE GODS: and all of you are, the children of the most High." Jesus, continues, "If he (i.e. God Almighty) called them gods, unto whom the word of God came (meaning that the prophets of God were called 'GODS' and the scripture cannot be broken (in other words- YOU CAN'T CONTRADICT ME!)." - Jesus knows his Scripture; he speaks with authority; and he reasons with his enemies that "if good men, holy men, prophets of God are being addressed as "GODS" in our Books of Authority, with which you find no fault - then why do you take exception to me? - When the only claim I make for myself is far inferior in our language, viz. "a son of God" as against others being called "GODS" by God himself. Even if (Jesus) described myself as "god" in our language, according to Hebrew usage, you could find no fault with me." This is the plain reading of Christian Scripture. I am giving no interpretations of my own or some esoteric meaning to words!Christ in Islam by Ahmed Deedat

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    06:22 PM

We have no dilemmas except that which unbelievers foist upon us. Mr Deedat will have already answered before God for his arrogant dishonest handling of scriptures. However, it is sad that he never met any Christian that could not answer his point to his satisfaction. Maybe he did.. But chose not to listen because really I find it hard to see where he could not find any.. As most Bible study students could answer these points raised.

shall we go through point by point? John verses 22:39... We'll go further past verse 30 so you get the full picture.

22 Then came the Feast of Dedication at Jerusalem. It was winter,
    23 and Jesus was in the temple area walking in Solomon's Colonnade.
    24 The Jews gathered around him, saying, "How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly."

Jesus was on his way to the Temple in Jerusalem to celebrate the Feast of the Dedication. A crowd gathered around him and asked if he was the Christ. At this point, we do not know if the crowd was friendly or hostile. As many Jews were hostile towards Jesus at the start of his ministry.

25 Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me,
    26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep.
    27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."

It is now clear that the crowd was in fact hostile towards Him since Jesus accused them of disbelief.

28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

Giving eternal life is something that only God can give, therefore, Jesus implied that he and God are one. The Jewish crowd which heard these words knew exactly what Jesus was saying and many believed that Jesus had committed blasphemy.

29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.

God, in this verse, is greater than all who could attempt to take the followers of Jesus from him.

30 "I and the Father are one."

Jesus said this, not his enemies! They are His words and the crowd understood the context and meaning of this claim Jesus made.

31 Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him,

32 but Jesus said to them, "I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?"
    33 "We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

Now the enemies of Jesus directly accused him of claiming to be God. How did Jesus respond? If these accusations were false, Jesus would have refuted them as he refuted all of the false accusations made against him. Jesus made no attempt to refute this accusation.

34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, `I have said you are gods'?
    35 If he called them `gods,' to whom the word of God came - and the Scripture cannot be broken - "

Jesus's answer is that it is not blasphemy based on the Law .. Mr Deedat was correct here Jesus was quoting from Psalms..as he used scripture in His teachings..(Psalm 82) to call certain people 'gods', and it is definitely not blasphemy if applied to Jesus since Jesus was more worthy to be called 'god' than any of the others in Psalm 82. In other words, it was not blasphemous for Jesus to claim divinity because he was, in fact, divine.

36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, `I am God's Son'?

Jesus clearly acknowledged that he did say that he was God's Son. This was not a statement fabricated by his enemies, Jesus clearly said it and asked them why it was blasphemous for him to claim this title.

37 "Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does.
    38 But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."
    39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.

Jesus proceeds to show his opponents that he did deserve the title, by describing himself as "the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world", "God's Son", and by saying "the Father is in me, and I in the Father". Once again, the mob knew what Jesus said and they attempted to kill him for saying it.

I can can understand the desperation of apologists like Mr Deedat, who make it their life work to discredit the word of God... However Gods word cannot be discredited because it is the truth.. And the truth can not be gain said. It will stand the test of time and nothing mankind can do to change that. When speaking of the Bible and talking of context then the Bible has to be judged within its own context, you need to see who which book was meant for and understand the circumstances historical and otherwise. You can't apply your own rules of context and expect it to make sense. The Bible can only be judged by the Bible it cannot be judged by the Quran. They are very different works. I may get back to the other verses later if you wish. Articles such as this have no use in Dawah because any Christian who is part of the living Gospel that is Jesus will be able to see it has more holes than a Swiss cheese.

Peace.

Thread Information