If Bible & Quran Are From Allah, Why Do They Disagree With Each Other?

I've read your testimony of coming to Islam. I'm a Baptist Christian and I am very interested in the absolute TRUTH which I believe Christ to be. However, if it could be proven that my beliefs are wrong and that Islam is right, I would become a Muslim immediately, for why would one want to believe in something that one knows is not true? You state that Muslims hold up Christ as a prophet of God, not as his son. Christ doesn't explicitly declare that he is Son of God but it is clearly understood implicitly, so Christ disagrees with Muhammad; if they're both prophets of God then HOW COULD THEY DISAGREE? As Christ himself stated, he did NOT come to abolish the Law, but to FULFILL it! He is in agreement with all the Old Testament prophets, but most definitely NOT with Muhammad so there is NO WAY that Islam can claim to be a fulfillment of the Old and New Testament because Islam DISAGREES with the Old and New Testament!

If Allah is the source for the Old and New Testament AND the Quran, then HOW COULD THEY DISAGREE with each other??
The Old and New Testaments (Old and New Covenants between man and God) complement each other, there is absolutely NO NEED for any third part, like Islam.
How do you reconcile all this?
And also, please don't claim to have been a Christian when lying and cheating was a normal way of your life. Not that I'm a saint but it definitely does not look like the Holy Spirit was in you.
How do you reconcile all this?

Thank you for writing to me. I hope that what I say will not offend you in any way.

Your letter has some very interesting and absolutely true statements.

I was wondering if you would really like to see the 'errors' in your statements, or as you have said yourself, you are already convinced about the role of Jesus and you don't want to know anything that might disagree with what you already want to believe?

Jesus (Peace be upon him) is very dear to me and I feel the same for Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him).

Most important to me though, is my relationship with the One and only God. The God of Adam and all the prophets. The God that they all prayed to. The God that Jesus (Peace be upon him) worshipped. I love God. I pray that God will love me and forgive my sins.

I pray to God, directly and without any intercession or icons or idols of any kind. I pray only to Him and I ask Him to guide me. If He does, then I'll be all right. If He doesn't, then who could help if He doesn't want me to be guided?

I have studied the religions of Jewish, Christian and Muslim faith for a number of years. I have held public dialogs with the well known professors of seminary colleges and universities. I have watched thousands of people enter into the submission of God (that is what 'Islam' means) and all the while, I have known that it wasn't from me. The Guidance to Islam or away from Islam is only coming from Almighty God [Allah in Arabic].

As regards the subject of lying, I would like to mention that the worse kind of lying is to lie against Almighty God. This can be understood from the third commandment regarding not taking the Name of the Lord in vain. Anyone who attributes a fault to God Almighty is most certainly lying. Being human would be someone less than perfect for Allah. What remains of the Bible confirms what is in the Quran. Namely, that Almighty God has no son, nor is He the father of anything. This was all added much later after Jesus had already risen to be with God. (Please reference the Book of Numbers, chapter 23, verses 19 and 20 and the Quran in chapter 112). Whoever says Jesus is God, or son of God, is a liar according to the Bible and the Quran. That is the lying that I am talking about more than anything else.

As regards your statement about the "Holy Spirit" being in me, I have watched people fall down on the floor and wiggle and jiggle and make strange noises like animals in pain, but I never have had that happen to me. These people told me that they had the "holy spirit." If that is what you have in you or you are suggesting that it is something good, then I choose to differ with you on that subject. The "spirit" of goodness and kindness is something that all Muslims strive and work for everyday. And we do it for the sake of God, just as I am sure many Christians do as well. My point is that every human being does sin and falls short of the mark and that only by the Grace of God and His Mercy are we saved from disaster in this life and more importantly, in the Next Life.

You are most welcome to continuing write to me if you like. But I do not wish to argue or fight with anyone on this subject if it can be avoided. My religion teaches me that no one can be forced or coerced into believing in One True God, who is due all worship without any partners.
If you would like a quick overview of the meanings of the words that are used in presenting Islam in the English language, then feel free to check out what I have written on this topic at: www.WhatsIslam.com

After you have read these meanings - please write back and tell me what you have found, if you like.

Thank you again for taking your time to be concerned and to write to me. Who knows? Maybe one of us is closer to the other one than we know?

Sheikh Yusuf Estes