عن أمنا عائشة رضي الله عنها قالت :
"سمعت من رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ، يقول في بيتي هذا ( اللهم ! من ولي من أمر أمتي شيئا فشق عليهم ، فاشقق عليه . ومن ولى من أمر أمتي شيئا فرفق بهم ، فارفق به )" .
الراوي: عائشة المحدث: مسلم - المصدر: صحيح مسلم - الصفحة أو الرقم:
خلاصة حكم المحدث: صحيح
Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: I heard the the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) supplicating in my house: "O Allah! Treat harshly those who rule over my Ummah with harshness, and treat gently those who rule over my Ummah with gentleness" ( Muslim)

Commentary:
In this Hadith the messenger of Allah (pbuh ) because he was very merciful to his adherents He (pbuh) ) recommended the rulers who will come after him to achieve justice between people and not to treat them with harshness and He (pbuh ) supplicated to Allah (pbth ) to treat harshly those who treat His Ummah harshly in the day or Resurrection and treat gently those who treat his Ummamh gently. This is the messenger of mercy that Allah sent him as a mercy for all the worlds.The world of human,the world of Jinn ,the world of animals,the world of birds and the world of plants.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
قال رسول الله صلي الله عليه وسلم :
"عذبت امرأة في هرة سجنتها حتى ماتت ، فدخلت فيها النار ، لا هي أطعمتها ولا سقتها إذ حبستها ، ولا هي تركتها تأكل من خشاش الأرض"
الراوي: عبدالله بن عمر المحدث: البخاري - المصدر: صحيح البخاري - الصفحة أو الرقم
: 3482
Narrated Ibn 'Umar: The Prophet said, "a woman entered the (Hell) Fire because of a cat which she had tied, neither giving it food nor setting it free to eat from the vermin of the earth .Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "A woman was punished in Hell because of a cat which she had confined until it died. She did not give it to eat or to drink when it was confined, nor did she free it so that it might eat the vermin of the earth (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Commentary:
It is necessary for the Muslim to treat animals kindly and tenderly. Harshness to them is unlawful
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
قال أبو مسعود {رضي الله عنه) :
"كنت أضرب غلاما لي . فسمعت من خلفي صوتا ( اعلم ، أبا مسعود ! لله أقدر عليك منك عليه ) فالتفت فإذا هو رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم . فقلت : يا رسول الله ! هو حر لوجه الله . فقال ( أما لو لم تفعل ، للفحتك النار ، أو لمستك النار ) .
الراوي: أبو مسعود عقبة بن عمرو المحدث: مسلم - المصدر: صحيح مسلم - الصفحة أو الرقم:
Abu Mas`ud Al-Badri (May Allah be pleased with him) said: I was beating my slave with a whip when I heard a voice behind me which said: "Abu Mas`ud! Bear in mind...'' I did not recognize the voice for the intense anger I was in. Abu Mas`ud added: As he came near me, I found that he was the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) who was saying, "Abu Mas`ud! Bear in mind that Allah has more dominance upon you than you have upon your slave.'' Then I said: "I will never beat any slave in future"
Another narration is: The whip dropped from my hand in awe of the Prophet (PBUH)
Still another narration is: I said: "He is free for the sake of Allah.'' He (PBUH) said, "If you had not done this, you would have been singed by the Fire" ( Muslim)
Commentary
:

This Hadith has a stern warning for those who punish their slaves and servants without reason or far more than what they deserve .This Hadith also gives a hint of the aura of awe and majesty that characterized the person of the Prophet (PBUH). It also shows the readiness of the Companions to mend their ways and obey the Prophet's commands. The messenger of Allah said in another Hadith that any one punish his slave severely he must set him free .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
. عن جابر بن عبد الله رضي الله عنه قال :
"أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم مر عليه حمار قد وسم في وجهه . فقال ( لعن الله الذي وسمه )" .

الراوي: جابر بن عبدالله المحدث: مسلم - المصدر: صحيح مسلم - الصفحة أو الرقم: 2117
Gaber Ben Abdollah (May Allah be pleased with them) said: "An ass with a brand on the face happened to pass before the Prophet (PBUH). Thereupon he said, "May Allah curse the one who has branded it (on the face) (Muslim )
Another narration in Muslim is: "The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) prohibited us from hitting across the face and branding on the face (of an animal))
Commentary:
Since face is the most sensitive and delicate part of the body, Muslims are strictly forbidden from causing even the slightest harm to it .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
قال بن مسعود رضي الله عنه :
" كنا مع رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم في سفر فانطلق لحاجة فرأينا حمرة معها فرخان فأخذنا فرخيها فجاءت الحمرة فجعلت تفرش فجاء النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم فقال : من فجع هذه بولدها ؟ ردوا ولدها إليها ورأى قرية نمل قد حرقناها فقال : من حرق هذه ؟ قلنا : نحن قال : إنه لا ينبغي أن يعذب بالنار إلا رب النار"
الراوي: عبدالله بن مسعود المحدث: الألباني - المصدر: السلسلة الصحيحة - الصفحة أو الرقم:
1/64
خلاصة حكم المحدث: إسناده صحيح
Ibn Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: We were with the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) in a journey when he drew apart (to relieve nature). In his absence, we saw a red bird which had two young ones with it. We caught them and the red mother bird came, beating the earth with its wings. In the meantime the Prophet (PBUH) returned and said, "Who has put this bird to distress on account of its young? Return them to her.'' He (PBUH) also noticed a mound of ants which we had burnt up. He asked, "Who has set fire to this?'' We replied: "We have done so.'' He (PBUH) said, "None can chastise with fire except the Rubb of the fire " (Abu Dawud )
Commentary :
1) I think this Hadith doesn't need any commentary .It is clear the mercy of the messenger of Allah even for the animals ,the birds and the insects.
"وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا رَحْمَةً لِّلْعَالَمِينَ" ( 21/107)
We sent thee not, but as a mercy for all creatures" (21/107)
2) And we must remember His Hadith that says:
"من لايرحم لايرحم "
"He who is not merciful to others, will not be treated mercifully