The teachings of Christ in Islam and Christianity

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The teachings of Christ in Islam and Christianity

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    17-04-2024
    At
    12:49 AM

Christian denominations believe that Christ is God or the Son of God

The Messenger has believed in what was revealed to him from his Lord, and [so have] the believers. All of them have believed in Allah and His angels and His books and His messengers, [saying], "We make no distinction between any of His messengers." And they say, "We hear and we obey. [We seek] Your forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the [final] destination."
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    06:22 PM

Jesus is Gods eternal Word.. As Gods eternal Word Jesus is at one in essence with God the father. The one thing the term "Son of God" does NOT mean is that Jesus is the result of an act of procreation between Mary and God. Son.. When applied to Jesus does not mean Jesus is Gods biological Son as per human understanding. To believe this is blasphemy. I do not know why the Quran even hints at such a thing.

the Angel Gabriel at the annunciation of His birth said....

26 In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”

34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. 36 Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. 37 For no word from God will ever fail.”

this.. The same Angel who brought a different message 600 years later to your Prophet Mohammed???

Could you you explain how you see messengers and prophets in Islam? Because maybe it is not the same as the Bible.. We do not see messengers are necessarily the same as a prophet. Angels are messengers..but not prophets or spirits.. Maybe it would be better on another thread. I have no wish to sidetrack this thread..

peace.

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Quote Originally Posted by شمائل View Post
    ماذا يقول المسيح عليه السلام على الرسل
    What does it sayChrist on themessengers of God

في الاسلام : in the islam

وَقَفَّيْنَا عَلَى آثَارِهِم بِعِيسَى ابْنِ مَرْيَمَ مُصَدِّقًا لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيْهِ مِنَ التَّوْرَاةِ وَآتَيْنَاهُ الْإِنجِيلَ فِيهِ هُدًى وَنُورٌ وَمُصَدِّقًا لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيْهِ مِنَ التَّوْرَاةِ وَهُدًى وَمَوْعِظَةً لِّلْمُتَّقِينَ 46

And in their footsteps, We sent 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), confirming the Taurat (Torah) that had come before him, and We gave him the Injeel (Gospel), in which was guidance and light and confirmation of the Taurat (Torah) that had come before it, a guidance and an admonition for Al-Muttaqun (the pious - see V. 2:2).

قُلْ آمَنَّا بِاللَّـهِ وَمَا أُنزِلَ عَلَيْنَا وَمَا أُنزِلَ عَلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَإِسْمَاعِيلَ وَإِسْحَاقَ وَيَعْقُوبَ وَالْأَسْبَاطِ وَمَا أُوتِيَ مُوسَى وَعِيسَى وَالنَّبِيُّونَ مِن رَّبِّهِمْ لَا نُفَرِّقُ بَيْنَ أَحَدٍ مِّنْهُمْ وَنَحْنُ لَهُ مُسْلِمُونَ 84

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "We believe in Allah and in what has been sent down to us, and what was sent down to Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma'il (Ishmael), Ishaque (Isaac), Ya'qub (Jacob) and Al-Asbat [the twelve sons of Ya'qub (Jacob)] and what was given to Musa (Moses), 'Iesa (Jesus) and the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between one another among them and to Him (Allah) we have submitted (in Islam)."

وَإِذْ قَالَ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ يَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ إِنِّي رَسُولُ اللَّـهِ إِلَيْكُم مُّصَدِّقًا لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيَّ مِنَ التَّوْرَاةِ وَمُبَشِّرًا بِرَسُولٍ يَأْتِي مِن بَعْدِي اسْمُهُ أَحْمَدُ فَلَمَّا جَاءَهُم بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ قَالُوا هَـذَا سِحْرٌ مُّبِينٌ 6

And (remember) when 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: "O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allah unto you confirming the Taurat [(Torah) which came] before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad. But when he (Ahmad i.e. Muhammad SAW) came to them with clear proofs, they said: "This is plain magic

2- في الكتاب المقدس: in the bible

يوحنا 10:7-8
    7 فقال لهم يسوع أيضا : الحق الحق أقول لكم: إني أنا باب الخراف

8 جميع الذين أتوا قبلي هم سراق ولصوص، ولكن الخراف لم تسمع لهم

You say Jesus said of the Prophets in the Bible.. The following verse. This has nothing to do with Prophets.. But everything to do with who was saved by believing in Jesus.

Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
    All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

The meaning of the verse I show here...also further verses to show you the context.

10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

10:6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am [Jesus controls access to the sheepfold] the door [or "'door"; the access to the place of safety (eternal security); Jesus is the gate or avenue to salvation] of the sheep.

10:8 All [specifically those who falsely claimed to speak for God; included messianic pretenders (cf. Acts 5:37); likely included prominent religious leaders who were not concerned about the welfare of the people] that ever came before me are thieves [use trickery and deception] and robbers [often use violence; “thieves and robbers” are those without a legitimate claim of ownership]: but the sheep did not hear them.

Genesis 19:33-36

33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and lay with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, "Last night I lay with my father. Let's get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and lie with him so we can preserve our family line through our father." 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went and lay with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

36 So both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father.

1 Kings 11:4-7

4 As Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart after other gods, and his heart was not fully devoted to the LORD his God, as the heart of David his father had been. 5 He followed Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, and Molech [a] the detestable god of the Ammonites. 6 So Solomon did evil in the eyes of the LORD; he did not follow the LORD completely, as David his father had done.

7 On a hill east of Jerusalem, Solomon built a high place for Chemosh the detestable god of Moab, and for Molech the detestable god of the Ammonites.

2 Samuel 11:2-26

2 One evening David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful, 3 and David sent someone to find out about her. The man said, "Isn't this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam and the wife of Uriah the Hittite?" 4 Then David sent messengers to get her. She came to him, and he slept with her. (She had purified herself from her uncleanness.) Then she went back home. 5 The woman conceived and sent word to David, saying, "I am pregnant.".....

14 In the morning David wrote a letter to Joab and sent it with Uriah. 15 In it he wrote, "Put Uriah in the front line where the fighting is fiercest. Then withdraw from him so he will be struck down and die."...

26 When Uriah's wife heard that her husband was dead, she mourned for him.

Genesis 9:20-25

20 Noah, a man of the soil, proceeded [a] to plant a vineyard. 21 When he drank some of its wine, he became drunk and lay uncovered inside his tent. 22 Ham, the father of Canaan, saw his father's nakedness and told his two brothers outside. 23 But Shem and Japheth took a garment and laid it across their shoulders; then they walked in backward and covered their father's nakedness. Their faces were turned the other way so that they would not see their father's nakedness.

24 When Noah awoke from his wine and found out what his youngest son had done to him, 25 he said,
    "Cursed be Canaan!
    The lowest of slaves
    will he be to his brothers."
    These verses had nothing to do with Jesus.. Theses verses are from the Old Testament and were not words taught by Jesus.

Peace.

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    17-04-2024
    At

These verses had nothing to do with Jesus.. Theses verses are from the Old Testament and were not words taught by Jesus.
    Christ did not violate the Old Testament?

اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Christ did not violate the Old Testament?
    No... Christ did not violate the Old Testament... Or the Torah.

Would you like to share where you think Jesus violated the Torah or Old Testament? Then maybe we can discuss it.

Peace.

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    17-04-2024
    At

Why do not you recognize this comparison, if you believe that the teachings of Christagrees to the Old Testament

I feel that Christians are ashamed of the Old Testament

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Why do not you recognize this comparison, if you believe that the teachings of Christagrees to the Old Testament
    Are you referring to the comparison of the Old Testament with the New? Did I say the teachings of Jesus agrees or disagrees with the Old Testament? Verily I do wonder at times if you ever read anything I post at all... :) the words you quoted from the Old Testament and said were the words and teachings of Jesus.. Were in fact the laws and teachings sent to the Prophets before Him.. Jesus came to FULFIL theses teachings and Law.. Not change the Law.. Or violate the Law.. Allow me to try and explain..

You already posted some of the verses from The Sermon on the Mount.. But failed to understand their meaning or importance. I posted it in full in the other thread, don't know if you took the time to read it or not. The Sermon on the Mount is the longest recorded statement of Jesus Christ's teachings, we should expect to find in it His view toward the laws of God as recorded in the Old Testament... And sure enough we do.

Some people believed His intention was to subvert the authority of God's Word and substitute His own in its place. One of the reasons for some of Jesus' statements in the Sermon on the Mount is to show His teaching were different from that of the Pharisees and Sadducees.. Because the Pharisees and Sadducees had taught many things by their own interpretation that were contrary to the original teachings of the Torah ... or Law.. of Moses, which are the first five books of the Bible. Thereby leading people astray.. Not intentionally... But they had come to put such high importance on following the law they at times lost sight of the reasons behind those laws.. And traditions were being valued as law. Jesus refuted the erroneous ideas people had formed regarding Him with three emphatic declarations about the law. He clearly stated...

~ "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfil"~

Jesus had no intention of destroying the law. He even tells us to not even think such a thing. He said He had come to fulfil "the Law and the Prophets" and proceeded to confirm their authority. "The Law and the Prophets" was a term commonly used for the Old Testament Scriptures... "The Law" being the first five books of the Bible, the books of Moses in which God's laws were written down. "The Prophets" referred not only to the writings of the biblical prophets, but also to the historical books of what came to be known as the Old Testament. So we are to understand that Jesus valued the Old Testament and part of His mission was to fulfil the prophecies contained in in through the Prophets.

So how did Jesus fulfil and complete the law and make it perfect? .. By showing the spiritual intent and application of God's law. His meaning is clear from the remainder of verses in the Sermon.. where He showed the spiritual intent of specific commandments. Jesus explained, expanded and exemplified God's Law.. By showing the holy, spiritual intent, purpose and scope of God's law through His teachings and way of life. He met the law's requirements by obeying it perfectly in thought and deed, both in the letter and in the intent of the heart.

~..All will be fulfilled..~

The second statement of Jesus in the "Sermon on the Mount", in the exact same context, makes it even clearer that He did not come to destroy, change or cancel the law.. "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled". With these words, Jesus likened the continuance of the law to the permanence of heaven and earth. He is saying that God's spiritual laws are immutable, inviolable and indestructible. They can only be fulfilled, never abrogated. Until the ultimate completion of God's plan to glorify humanity when His Kingdom comes to pass... that is... as long as there are still human beings, the physical codification of God's law in Scripture is necessary. This, Jesus explained, is as certain as the continued existence of the universe.

~..His servants must keep the law..~

The third statement of Jesus.. pronounces that our fate rests on our attitude toward and treatment of God's holy law. "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least (by those) in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great (by those) in the kingdom of heaven".

The "by those" is a clarification, since, as explained in other passages, those who persist in lawbreaking and teach others to break God's law will not themselves be in the Kingdom at all. Jesus makes it very clear that those who follow Him and aspire to His Kingdom have a perpetual obligation to obey and uphold God's law. He is saying that we cannot diminish the law of God by even a jot or tittle...He places a high value on the commandments of God, as well as the high esteem in which He regards the Law.. the law He requires from all those who teach in His name. His disapproval falls on those who slight the least of God's commandments, and His honor will be bestowed on those who teach and obey God's commandments.

I feel that Christians are ashamed of the Old Testament

No, not so. We value the Old Testament as the inspired word of God.. Nothing from God is a cause for shame. The Old Testament shows the gradual unfolding, in chronological order, of Gods plan for mankind's journey to redemption through Christ to ultimately be granted eternal salvation and return to God the Father the creator of all we are and all we can ever aspire to be.. It is a wonderful plan, a beautiful plan that can only come from a Holy loving God. No shame to be found there at all.. :)

Peace

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    17-04-2024
    At

This subject: Is the comparison between the teachings of God in the Bible and the Koran

Do you agree?

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

That's not the theme of your thread here though is it? The title is..~ The Teachings of Christ in Islam and Christianity. ~..

So are you changing the title now..? You want to make it the teachings of God in Islam and Christianity? How does that work for you?

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    17-04-2024
    At

Because Christians believe Christ is God

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information