The teachings of Christ in Islam and Christianity

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The teachings of Christ in Islam and Christianity

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    07:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by شمائل View Post

ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ ــــــــــ ـــــــــــــــــــــــــ

بشرت بنى اسرائيل برسول منهم يولد بمعجزة 'يولد من غير اب' ، مع ذلك استقبلت مريم بشرى حملها بخوف شديد من قومه

The children of Israel are waiting for the miracle of the Prophet, who will be born without a father. But is worried the Virgin Mary
    قَالَتْ أَنَّى يَكُونُ لِي غُلَامٌ وَلَمْ يَمْسَسْنِي بَشَرٌ وَلَمْ أَكُ بَغِيًّا
    قَالَ كَذَلِكِ قَالَ رَبُّكِ هُوَ عَلَيَّ هَيِّنٌ وَلِنَجْعَلَهُ آيَةً لِّلنَّاسِ وَرَحْمَةً مِّنَّا وَكَانَ أَمْرًا مَّقْضِيًّا

She said: "How can I have a son, when no man has touched me, nor am I unchaste?"

He said: "So (it will be), your Lord said: 'That is easy for Me (Allah): And (We wish) to appoint him as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us (Allah), and it is a matter (already) decreed, (by Allah). ”
    تكفلت المعجزة الثانية (تكلم المسيح عليه السلام) بالمهد لتبرءة امه من الزنا

The Quran says that Jesus spoke in the cradle for Exonerate his mother

{
    فأتت به قومها تحمله قالوا يامريم لقد جئت شيئاً فرياً* ياأخت هارون ماكان أبوك امرأ سوءٍ وماكانت أمك بغياً * فأشارت إليه قالوا كيف نكلم من كان في المهد صبياً * قال إني عبد الله آتاني الكتاب وجعلني نبياً } [مريم : 27-30].

Then she brought him (the baby) to her people, carrying him. They said: "O Mary! Indeed you have brought a thing Fariya (an unheard mighty thing).
    "O sister (i.e. the like) of Harun (Aaron) [not the brother of Musa (Moses), but he was another pious man at the time of Maryam (Mary)]! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor your mother was an unchaste woman."
    Then she pointed to him. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"
    "He ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: Verily! I am a slave of Allah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;"

there was no need for anyone to exonerate Mary, as God was with her. Who was this "other pious man called Aaron" and by what right did he have to question Mary or slander her parents in such a manner?
    Jesus never spoke as a baby, Jesus was considered to be a normal child for his childhood. The story about Jesus talking as a baby was first to be found in the "Gospel of the Infancy of Jesus Christ". This was a 2nd century Arabic
    apocryphal fable from Egypt.
    Here is the verse, you can see the similarity between it and the sura in the Quran.
    ... Jesus spake when he was in the cradle, and said to his mother: "Mary, I am Jesus the Son of God, the Word, which thou didst bring forth according to the declaration of the angel Gabriel, and My Father hath sent me for the salvation of the world."
    you need to ask the question how a fable written hundreds of years after the birth of Jesus found its way into the Quran.

في الكتاب المقدس :
    In the Bible

لم يعلم بهذا الرسول المعجزة سوى مريم العذراء ويوسف ، وبهذا تكون العذراء اخفت بشارة نبوة ابنها المسيح عليه السلام وهذا ما يؤكد تحريف الكتاب المقدس

Did not know anyone without the birth of Christ August, except for Mary and Joseph they knew about it
    Why Mary hid the evidence of her son prophecy of Christ?

the birth of Jesus was not secret it was announced to the world by the Angel Gabriel.. The very same Angel you claim brought the revelation to Mohammed.. So now we have the dilemma do we believe an Angel of The Lord tells a lie? If the Gabriel told Mary, Joseph and the world about the nature of the birth and the reason why... Why do you suppose the same Angel brought a different message 600 years later. This is a question you need to think on and answer.
    متى الاصحاح الاول : 18-25

أما ولادة يسوع المسيح فكانت هكذا: لما كانت مريم أمه مخطوبة ليوسف، قبل أن يجتمعا، وجدت حبلى من الروح القدس
    فيوسف رجلها إذ كان بارا، ولم يشأ أن يشهرها، أراد تخليتها سرا
    ولكن فيما هو متفكر في هذه الأمور، إذا ملاك الرب قد ظهر له في حلم قائلا: يا يوسف ابن داود، لا تخف أن تأخذ مريم امرأتك. لأن الذي حبل به فيها هو من الروح القدس
    فستلد ابنا وتدعو اسمه يسوع. لأنه يخلص شعبه من خطاياهم
    وهذا كله كان لكي يتم ما قيل من الرب بالنبي القائل
    هوذا العذراء تحبل وتلد ابنا، ويدعون اسمه عمانوئيل الذي تفسيره: الله معنا
    فلما استيقظ يوسف من النوم فعل كما أمره ملاك الرب، وأخذ امرأته
    ولم يعرفها حتى ولدت ابنها البكر. ودعا اسمه يسوع

Gospel of Matthew 25-18

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
    JESUS

Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel,
    which being interpreted is, God with us.

Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
    firstborn
    [/QUOTE]
    The last bit of your post I agree is a true account concerning Jesus. My reply seems to have different font sizes and colour font. I do not know why this is.. If possible could you correct this please, so it is easier to read. Thank you.

Peace.

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

اخلاق المسيح / يسوع
    the ethics of Christ / Jesus

في الاسلام :in the islam

وَزَكَرِيَّا وَيَحْيَى وَعِيسَى وَإِلْيَاسَ كُلٌّ مِّنَ الصَّالِحِينَ

And Zechariah and John and Jesus and Elias - and all were of the righteous. (85
    )

وقال: {قال إني عبد الله آتاني الكتاب وجعلني نبياً * وجعلني مباركاً أين ما كنت وأوصاني بالصلاة والزكاة مادمت حياً * وبراً بوالدتي ولم يجعلني جباراً شقياً * والسلام علي يوم ولدت ويوم أموت ويوم أبعث حياً * ذلك عيسى ابن مريم قول الحق الذي فيه يمترون } [مريم: 30-34
    ].

[Jesus] said, "Indeed, I am the servant of Allah. He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet. (30) And He has made me blessed wherever I am and has enjoined upon me prayer and zakah as long as I remain alive (31) And [made me] dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me a wretched tyrant. (32)

{ما المسيح ابن مريم إلا رسول قد خلت من قبله الرسل وأمه صديقة كانا يأكلان الطعام } [المائدة : 75].
    إِذْ قَالَتِ الْمَلَائِكَةُ يَا مَرْيَمُ إِنَّ اللَّـهَ يُبَشِّرُكِ بِكَلِمَةٍ مِّنْهُ اسْمُهُ الْمَسِيحُ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ وَجِيهًا فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالْآخِرَةِ وَمِنَ الْمُقَرَّبِينَ
    [
    And mention] when the angels said, "O Mary, indeed Allah gives you good tidings of a word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary - distinguished in this world and the Hereafter and among those brought near [to Allah]. (45)

The Messiah, son of Mary, was not but a messenger; [other] messengers have passed on before him. And his mother was a supporter of truth. They both used to eat food. Look how We make clear to them the signs; then look how they are deluded. (75)

أمرَنا رسولُ اللهِ صلَّى اللهُ عليه وسلم أنْ ننطلقَ مع جعفرِ بنِ أبي طالبٍ إلى أرضِ النجاشيِّ فذكر الحديثَ . وفيه قال النجاشيُّ لجعفرٍ : ما يقولُ صاحبُك في
    ابنِ مريمَ ؟ قال يقولُ فيه قولَ اللهِ عزَّ وجلَّ هو روحُ اللهِ وكلمتُه أخرجَه من العَذْراءِ البَتولِ التي لم يقرَبْها بشرٌ قال فتناولَ النجاشيُّ عودًا من الأرضِ وقال يا معشرَ
    القسِّيسينَ والرهبانَ ما يزيدُ هؤلاءِ على ما تقولونَ في ابنِ مريمَ مرحبًا بكم وبمن جئتُمْ من عندِه فأنا أشهدُ أنه رسولُ اللهِ وأنه الذي بشَّر به عيسَى
    ابنُ مريمَ ولولا ما أنا فيه من المُلكِ لأتيتُه حتَّى أحملَ نَعليهِ امكثوا في أرضي ما شئتُم

وحدثني عن مالك، أنه بلغه أن عيسى ابن مريم، كان يقول يا بني إسرائيل عليكم بالماء القراح والبقل البري وخبز الشعير وإياكم وخبز البر فإنكم لن
    تقوموا بشكره.

Yahya related to me from Malik that he had heard that Isa ibn Maryam used to say, "O
    Banu Israil! You must drink pure water and the green things of the land and barley
    bread . Beware of wheat bread, for you will not be grateful enough for it."

"أنا أولى الناس بابن مريم الأنبياء أولاد علات وليس بيني وبينه نبي" .

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger () as saying:
    I am most akin to the son of Mary among the whole of mankind and the Prophets are
    of different mothers, but of one religion, and no Prophet was raised between me and
    him (Jesus Christ).

وحدثني مالك، عن يحيى بن سعيد، أن عيسى ابن مريم، لقي خنزيرا بالطريق فقال له انفذ بسلام. فقيل له تقول هذا لخنزير فقال عيسى إني أخاف أن أعود لساني النطق بالسوء.

Malik related to me from Yahya ibn Said that Isa ibn Maryam encountered a pig on the road. He said to it, "Go in peace." Somebody asked, "Do you say this to a pig?" Isa said, "I fear lest I accustom my tongue to evil speech."
    ??
    حَدَّثَنِي مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ رَافِعٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الرَّزَّاقِ، حَدَّثَنَا مَعْمَرٌ، عَنْ هَمَّامِ بْنِ مُنَبِّهٍ، قَالَ هَذَا مَا حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو هُرَيْرَةَ، عَنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم . فَذَكَرَ أَحَادِيثَ مِنْهَا وَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم " رَأَى عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ رَجُلاً يَسْرِقُ فَقَالَ لَهُ عِيسَى سَرَقْتَ قَالَ كَلاَّ وَالَّذِي لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ . فَقَالَ عِيسَى آمَنْتُ بِاللَّهِ وَكَذَّبْتُ نَفْسِي " .
    ??
    ??
    Abu Huraira reported ahadith from the Messenger of Allah () (and one of them was) that Allah's Messenger () said Jesus son of Mary saw a person committing theft; thereupon Jesus said to him:
    You committed theft. He said: Nay. By Him besides Whom there is no god (I have not committed theft). Thereupon Jesus said: I affirm my faith in Allah It is my ownself that deceived me.

حَدَّثَنَا الْعَبَّاسُ الْعَنْبَرِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا النَّضْرُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عِكْرِمَةُ بْنُ عَمَّارٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو زُمَيْلٍ، هُوَ سِمَاكُ بْنُ الْوَلِيدِ الْحَنَفِيُّ عَنْ مَالِكِ بْنِ مَرْثَدٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ أَبِي ذَرٍّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم " مَا أَظَلَّتِ الْخَضْرَاءُ وَلاَ أَقَلَّتِ الْغَبْرَاءُ مِنْ ذِي لَهْجَةٍ أَصْدَقَ وَلاَ أَوْفَى مِنْ أَبِي ذَرٍّ شِبْهِ عِيسَى ابْنِ مَرْيَمَ عَلَيْهِ السَّلاَمُ " . فَقَالَ عُمَرُ بْنُ الْخَطَّابِ كَالْحَاسِدِ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ أَفَنَعْرِفُ ذَلِكَ لَهُ قَالَ " نَعَمْ فَاعْرِفُوهُ لَهُ " . قَالَ هَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ غَرِيبٌ مِنْ هَذَا الْوَجْهِ . وَقَدْ رَوَى بَعْضُهُمْ هَذَا الْحَدِيثَ فَقَالَ " أَبُو ذَرٍّ يَمْشِي فِي الأَرْضِ بِزُهْدِ عِيسَى ابْنِ مَرْيَمَ عَلَيْهِ السَّلاَمُ "
    ??
    Narrated Abu Dharr:
    that the Messenger of Allah () said: "There is no one more truthful in speech, nor in fulfilling of promises, that sky has covered and the earth has carried, than Abu Dharr, the likeness of 'Eisa bin Mariam." So 'Umar bin Al-Khattab said, as if out of envy: "So do you acknowledge that for him, O Messenger of Allah?" He said: "Yes, so acknowledge it."

حدثنا محمد بن المثنى، حدثنا محمد بن جعفر، حدثنا شعبة، عن عمرو بن مرة، عن مرة الهمداني، عن أبي موسى، عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال "كمل من الرجال كثير ولم يكمل من النساء إلا مريم ابنة عمران وآسية امرأة فرعون وفضل عائشة على النساء كفضل الثريد على سائر الطعام " . قال وفي الباب عن عائشة وأنس. قال أبو عيسى هذا حديث حسن صحيح.

Narrated Abu Musa:
    That the Prophet () said: "Many a man achieved perfection, but no woman achieved perfection except for Mariam the daughter of 'Imran, and Asiyah the wife of Fir'awn. And the superiority of 'Aishah over other women is like the superiority of Tharid over other foods."
    He said: There is something on this topic from 'Aishah and Anas.
    [Abu 'Eisa said:] This Hadith is Hasan Sahih.

I do not recognise that the above has anything to do with the teachings of. Jesus, they are to do with Isa in the Quran. Although I am curious why Miriam sister of Moses and the Pharaohs daughter are judged to be the best among women? Or what that has to do with Jesus/Isa and why it is included here.. :/

في الكتاب المقدس : in the bible

أنتم الآن أيها الفريسيون تنقون خارج الكأس وأما باطنكم فمملوء اختطافاً وخبثاً يا أغبياء ! ويل لكم أيها الفريسيون ! . . . فأجاب واحد من النامسيين وقال له : يا معلم ، حين تقول هذا تشتمنا نحن أيضاً . فقال : وويل لكم أنتم أيها الناموسيون ! انجيل لوقا [ 11 : 39 -41]

And the Lord said unto him, Now do ye Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and the platter; but your inward part is full of ravening and wickedness
    Ye fools, did not he that made that which is without make that which is within also?
    But rather give alms of such things as ye have; and, behold, all things are clean unto you.

I feel here you have chosen this verse because it makes Jesus to be rude and insulting. This is a case of not understanding what you are reading.. And why would you? It is to be expected as the Bible is not your Holy Book and you do not respect it as such.
    To explain... The Pharisees were strict at upholding the law, they believed their salvation depended on their strict adherence to the law.. This became woven into their traditions and they were at risk of selfishness and greed creeping into their works and not realising the fact. In other words they paid more attention to the outward appearances .. Example showed in "make clean the outside of the cup and platter" whilst forgetting that the important thing to God was there inner being and what they felt in their hearts. They had become so wrapped up in their prideful adherence to the law they forgot that giving away their goods and acting charitably towards others was more pleasing to God. By behaving charitably they were more likely to achieve salvation.. Because man cannot be saved by the law alone.
    (( يا أولاد الافاعي )) متى [ 3 : 7 ]

But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come
    ?

*Pharisees* ~A very numerous sect among the Jews, who, originally were, very probably, a pure and holy people, however..in process of time, they degenerated... Losing the spirit of their institution, as we see in the above account that by making the outside of the cup and platter clean - they observed the rules of their institution, but the spirit was gone.

*Sadducees* ~A sect who denied the existence of angels and spirits, consequently all Divine influence and inspiration, and also the resurrection of the dead

*Come to his baptism* ~The multitudes, who had no worldly interest to support, no character to maintain by living in their usual way, came publicly, and openly acknowledged that they were Sinners; and stood in need of mercy. The others, who endeavored to secure their worldly interests by making a fair show in the flesh, are supposed to have come privately, that they might not be exposed to reproach; and that they might not lose their reputation for wisdom and sanctity, which their consciences, under the preaching of the Baptist, told them they had no right to.

*O generation of vipers*~ A terribly expressive speech. A serpentine brood, from a serpentine stock. As their fathers were, so were they, children of the wicked one. This is God's estimate of a Sinner, whether he be wealthy or famous.The Jews were the seed of the serpent, who should bruise the heel of the woman's seed, and whose head should be bruised by him.

*Who hath warned you* ~ Or shown you...they received their convictions through the ministry of the word Jesus. The multitudes of the poor, who had been convinced of sin, and publicly acknowledged their crimes, and sought mercy. The Pharisees thought they were above such conviction but... God knows.. They may have deceived the people, and deceived themselves thinking as descendants of Abraham they were entitled to Gods Favour. Just as God raises up God can cast down.

*The wrath to come*~ The desolation which was about to fall on the Jewish nation for their wickedness, and threatened in the last words of their own Scriptures. This wrath or curse was coming, they did not prevent it by turning to God, and receiving the Messiah, and therefore the wrath of God was expected upon them.

(( أيها الجهال العميان )) متى [ 23 : 17 ]

Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor
    !

Whosoever shall swear by the gold...The covetous man still gives preference to the object of his lust.. gold has still the first place in his heart. A man is to be suspected when he recommends those good works most from which he receives most glory to himself instead of giving the glory to God.

(( يا شيطان )) متى [ 16 : 23 ]

But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men

*Get thee behind me, Satan*~ The word "Satan" means "an adversary," or one who opposes us in the accomplishment of our designs.

It is applied to the devil, as the opposer or adversary of man...but there is no evidence that the Lord Jesus meant to apply this term to Peter, as signifying that he was Satan or the devil, or that he used the term in anger. He may have used it in the general sense which the word bore as an adversary or opposer.. and the meaning may be, that such sentiments as Peter expressed then were opposed to him and his plans. His interference was improper. His views and feelings stood in the way of the accomplishment of the Saviour's designs.
    *Thou art an offence*~ That is, a stumbling-block. Your advice and wishes are in my way. If followed, they would prevent the very thing for which I came.

*Thou savourest not*~ Literally, thou thinkest not upon; or Peters language and spirit are not such as spring from a supreme regard to the will of God, or from proper views of Him, but such as spring from the common views entertained by people. He was thinking that those things should not be done which God wishes to be done.. Because it was personally painful to himself. Peter was putting His own feelings on the impending death of Jesus before the will of God.

(( أيها الغبيان والبطيئا القلوب في الإيمان ! )) لوقا [ 24 : 25 ]

Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken
    :

*O fools*~ Not understanding the designs and works of God..And slow of heart. Unready to believe what the prophets have so largely spoken.

( أرسل رجالاً ليتجسسوا أرض كنعان التي أنا معطيها لبني إسرائيل) . (1- 2 إصحاح 13 العدد)

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying
    Send thou men, that they may search the land of Canaan, which I give unto the children of Israel: of every tribe of their fathers shall ye send a man, every one a ruler among them.
    This last has nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus.

Peace.

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    01-05-2024
    At
    07:49 PM

I do not understand
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

I'm sorry, what do you not understand? Is it something I can make clearer in my posts?

Bless you.

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    01-05-2024
    At

Where are your posts

اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Where are your posts
    Posts 21# and 22# I replied to some points you made. I admit the quotes are a bit messy.. But as I am not allowed to edit my posts for any grammatical errors, typos etc. I have to rely on the moderator to make those corrections to enable the post to be clearly read.

Please accept my apologies if my posts are confusing.. It was as good as I could manage under the circumstances. I don't know why the font changed size or colour randomly. :)

bless you.

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

[QUOTE=شمائل;589591]رسالة المسيح عليه السلام في الاسلام والمسيحية

The message of Christ in Islam and Christianity

في الكتاب المقدس :in the bible

I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?
    Meaning:

*I am, come* ~ The result ofJesus coming will be that there will be divisions and contentions. He does not mean that he came "for" that purpose, or that he "sought" and "desired" it.. but rather that such was the state of the human heart, and such the opposition of people to the truth, that that would be the "effect" of his coming.

*Fire* ~ Fire.. here, is the emblem of discord and contention, and consequently of calamities.

*And what will I* ~ Or what would I, but that it were kindled. Since it is "necessary" for the advancement of religion that such divisions should take place.. since the gospel cannot be established without conflicts, and strifes, and hatreds. You should understand this as was not Mohammed also hated and persecuted by those who did not believe his message?
    From this we learn:

1. That the promotion of "religion" may be expected to produce many contests and bitter feelings in some people.

2. That the heart of man must be exceedingly wicked, or it would not oppose Jesus as the Word.

3. That though God cannot look on evil with approbation, yet, for the sake of the benefit which may grow out of it, he is willing to permit it, and suffer it to come into the world.

But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!

*Am I straitened* ~ How Jesus earnestly wished that it were passed. Since the sufferings "must" be endured, he was anxious that the time should come. These were the feelings of the Jesus in view of his approaching dying hour.
    From this we learn:

1. That it is not improper to "feel deeply" at the prospect of dying. It is a sad, awful, terrible event, and it is impossible that we should look at it "without" feeling or even some degree of fear.

2. It is not improper to desire that the time should come, and that the day of our release should be near. To a Christian, death is but the entrance to life, and since the pains of death "must" be endured, and since they lead to heaven, it doesn't matter to Jesus how soon he passes through these sorrows, and rises to eternal rest.

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
    For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
    The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

The division within the family referred to here means following God sometimes results in division within ones family.. Again .. You should be able to relate to this, as when a member of a Muslim family leaves Islam then what strife and division within the family unit does that cause? To have faith in Jesus requires ultimate allegiance to Him... Much like yourselves and your allegiance to your Prophet Mohammed.. Those who have come to faith in Christ will join together, while those who have rejected Christ will also find a new bondage... a new basis of unity.. in opposition to Christ. We see the Pharisees and the Sadducees .. Two very different groups of people holding different views could join together in rejecting Christ and in opposing Him, and ultimately in orchestrating... In human terms...His death.

Jesus gives a true picture of what following Him may bring His followers... Rather than peaceful domestic bliss it could well bring persecution and pain.. Which it did and still does for many Christians then and now. However, the reward in Heaven and the joys ahead make any suffering in the name of God whilst on earth .. Small and insignificant.

The font seems to have changed size again!! Sorry I don't know why it does this or how I can change it.. In this post I have singled out the verses you used from the Bible you used to give the impression that far from bring peace to earth Jesus sought to bring violence and divisions. I am hoping I have explain that you have misunderstood the context of these verses. As for your reasons in choosing such verses and implying by their use a false representation of the Teachings of Jesus.. That is between yourself and God..

Peace

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

في الاسلام : in the islam

2- مكملا للتوراة وعالما بها

Applied the teachings of the Old Testament

{ومصدقاً لما بين يدي من التوراة ولأحل لكم بعض الـذي حرم عليكم وجئتكم بآية من ربكم فاتقوا الله وأطيعون * إن الله ربي وربكم فاعبدوه هـذا صراط مستقيم } [آل عمران: 50-51].

And [I have come] confirming what was before me of the Torah and to make lawful for you some of what was forbidden to you. And I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, so fear Allah and obey me.(
    )

قَالَتْ رَبِّ أَنَّى يَكُونُ لِي وَلَدٌ وَلَمْ يَمْسَسْنِي بَشَرٌ قَالَ كَذَلِكِ اللَّـهُ يَخْلُقُ مَا يَشَاءُ إِذَا قَضَى أَمْرًا فَإِنَّمَا يَقُولُ لَهُ كُن فَيَكُونُ
    وَيُعَلِّمُهُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَالتَّوْرَاةَ وَالْإِنجِيلَ
    ال عمران

She said, "My Lord, how will I have a child when no man has touched me?" [The angel] said, "Such is Allah; He creates what He wills. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, 'Be,' and it is. (
    ) And He will teach him writing and wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel (
    )

وَقَفَّيْنَا عَلَى آثَارِهِم بِعِيسَى ابْنِ مَرْيَمَ مُصَدِّقًا لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيْهِ مِنَ التَّوْرَاةِ وَآتَيْنَاهُ الْإِنجِيلَ فِيهِ هُدًى وَنُورٌ وَمُصَدِّقًا لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيْهِ مِنَ التَّوْرَاةِ وَهُدًى وَمَوْعِظَةً لِّلْمُتَّقِينَ
    المائدة

And We sent, following in their footsteps, Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming that which came before him in the Torah; and We gave him the Gospel, in which was guidance and light and confirming that which preceded it of the Torah as guidance and instruction for the righteous. (
    )

إِذْ قَالَ اللَّـهُ يَا عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ اذْكُرْ نِعْمَتِي عَلَيْكَ وَعَلَى وَالِدَتِكَ إِذْ أَيَّدتُّكَ بِرُوحِ الْقُدُسِ تُكَلِّمُ النَّاسَ فِي الْمَهْدِ وَكَهْلًا وَإِذْ عَلَّمْتُكَ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَالتَّوْرَاةَ وَالْإِنجِيلَ وَإِذْ تَخْلُقُ مِنَ الطِّينِ كَهَيْئَةِ الطَّيْرِ بِإِذْنِي فَتَنفُخُ فِيهَا فَتَكُونُ طَيْرًا بِإِذْنِي وَتُبْرِئُ الْأَكْمَهَ وَالْأَبْرَصَ بِإِذْنِي وَإِذْ تُخْرِجُ الْمَوْتَى بِإِذْنِي وَإِذْ كَفَفْتُ بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ عَنكَ إِذْ جِئْتَهُم بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ فَقَالَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مِنْهُمْ إِنْ هَـذَا إِلَّا سِحْرٌ مُّبِينٌ
    المائدة

[The Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, remember My favor upon you and upon your mother when I supported you with the Pure Spirit and you spoke to the people in the cradle and in maturity; and [remember] when I taught you writing and wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel; and when you designed from clay [what was] like the form of a bird with My permission, then you breathed into it, and it became a bird with My permission; and you healed the blind and the leper with My permission; and when you brought forth the dead with My permission; and when I restrained the Children of Israel from [killing] you when you came to them with clear proofs and those who disbelieved among them said, "This is not but obvious magic." (
    )

وَإِذْ قَالَ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ يَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ إِنِّي رَسُولُ اللَّـهِ إِلَيْكُم مُّصَدِّقًا لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيَّ مِنَ التَّوْرَاةِ وَمُبَشِّرًا بِرَسُولٍ يَأْتِي مِن بَعْدِي اسْمُهُ أَحْمَدُ فَلَمَّا جَاءَهُم بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ قَالُوا هَـذَا سِحْرٌ مُّبِينٌ

And [mention] when Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "O children of Israel, indeed I am the messenger of Allah to you confirming what came before me of the Torah and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmad." But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, "This is obvious magic." (
    )
    I do not see any teachings of Jesus in this post. Jesus came to FULFIL the Torah (Old Testament) not confirm it. Or does this apply to Mohammed.. Prophet of Islam? It is not clear from your post. I don't see how this can apply to your Prophet because the Quran claims the Torah was corrupted .. Is that not the case?
    Jesus would not have referred to God the Father as Allah.. That is a purely Arabic term and not found in the Bible.. It is not the same root form as Hebrew or Aramaic.

#point 47 above..~ And He will teach him writing and wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel ~ what does this mean? God taught Jesus? This is wrong, Jesus never wrote anything, the wisdom of the Torah was already set and in use by the Jews for over 1000 years. And Jesus was the Gospel.. Jesus did not bring a Gospel. The Gospel (New Testament) was not compiled until after His Earthly death.

#point 46 above..~ And We sent, following in their footsteps, Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming that which came before him in the Torah; and We gave him the Gospel, in which was guidance and light and confirming that which preceded it of the Torah as guidance and instruction for the righteous~ referring to Jesus as son of Mary is a gross insult.. No one ever referred to Jesus this way. When was Jesus given the Gospel? In the womb? As I said already Jesus is the Gospel, Jesus is the guidance and Jesus is the light... Jesus fulfilled the Torah... The Jews already knew it was for Guidance and instruction in the Law.

#point 110 above.. Jesus speaking in the cradle and the clay birds were first found in the Gnostic work.."the Infancy Gospel of Thomas" it is by no means considered to be reliable as it came to light many years after the earthly death of Jesus and is believed to be written by someone who had no connection at all with Jesus that can be traced. In other words it has no provenance. I don't know why it is found in the Quran.

#point 6 above ~ Jesus was sent to fulfil the Torah.. Jesus never mentioned another to come after Him and in fact Jesus stated that with Him it was finished.. This did mean His mission was finished but that He had achieved what He had set out to accomplish.. Which was by Gods will the redemption of mankind. We are completed in Him there is no need for another. That is why Christians are not looking for another prophet after Jesus. I don't know what magic has to do with anything spiritual.. It must be an Arabic thing.

Peace.

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    01-05-2024
    At

That is why Christians are not looking for another prophet after Jesus. I don't know what magic has to do with anything spiritual.. It must be an Arabic thing.
    Is Jesus a prophet in Christianity?

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Is Jesus a prophet in Christianity?
    Yes, of course Jesus is a Prophet in Christianity.. Why would you ask this? What do you believe a prophet is?

The Bible refers to Jesus by many titles, one of which is prophet. However, as you are aware Christians see Jesus as more than just a prophet.. He was the Prophet above all others... That the previous Prophets prophesied His coming shows He was not just another prophet.

Do you believe that a prophet is the same as messenger?

peace.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information