قال رسول الله صلي الله عليه وسلم :
إن الله عز وجل يقول ، يوم القيامة :" يا ابن آدم ! مرضت فلم تعدني . قال : يا رب ! كيف أعودك ؟ وأنت رب العالمين . قال : أما علمت أن عبدي فلانا مرض فلم تعده . أما علمت أنك لو عدته لوجدتني عنده ؟ يا ابن آدم ! استطعمتك فلم تطعمني . قال : يا رب ! وكيف أطعمك ؟ وأنت رب العالمين . قال : أما علمت أنه استطعمك عبدي فلان فلم تطعمه ؟ أما علمت أنك لو أطعمته لوجدت ذلك عندي ؟ يا ابن آدم ! استسقيتك فلم تسقني . قال : يا رب ! كيف أسقيك ؟ وأنت رب العالمين . قال : استسقاك عبدي فلان فلم تسقه . أما أنك لو سقيته وجدت ذلك عندي "
الراوي: أبو هريرة المحدث: مسلم - المصدر: صحيح مسلم - الصفحة أو الرقم: 2569
خلاصة حكم المحدث: صحيح
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Verily, Allah, the Exalted, and Glorious will say on the Day of Resurrection: `O son of Adam, I was ill but you did not visit Me.' He would say: `O my Lord, how could I visit you and You are the Lord of the worlds?' Thereupon He would say: `Didn't you know that such and such a slave of Mine was ill but you did not visit him? Didn't you realize that if you had visited him (you would have known that I was aware of your visit to him, for which I would reward you) you would have found Me with him? O son of Adam, I asked food from you but you did not feed Me.' He would submit: `My Lord, how could I feed You and You are the Lord of the worlds?' He would say: `Didn't you know that such and such a slave of Mine asked you for food but you did not feed him? Didn't you realize that if you had fed him, you would certainly have found (its reward) with Me? O son of Adam, I asked water from you but you did not give it to Me.' He would say: `My Lord, how could I give You (water) and You are the Lord of the worlds?' Thereupon He would say: `Such and such a slave of Mine asked you for water to drink but you did not give it to him. Didn't you realize that if you had given him to drink you would have found (its reward) with Me (Muslim)
Commentary :
1) Allah (pbth) created us in that world to cooperate with each other ,to love each other and to know each other because we are all brothers and sisters our father is Adam and our mother is Eve .We are all the slaves of Allah (pbth) and the person who is more beneficial to the slaves of Allah is loved most by Him. Allah likes it very much if somebody serves His creatures and treats them well. Allah will give him the best reward for it .The rich must be sympathetic with the poor, the healthy person must be compassionate with the sick person and must always visit him, the strong must be merciful with the weak .If we did that,we will achieve true happiness in that world.
2) Allah (pbth) urged us to look after visiting the sick people and giving food and water to the needy. There is a very important notice in this Hadith when Allah spoke about giving food and water he said " you would have found (its reward) with Me" but when He spoke about visiting the sick He said " you would have found Me with him?" because when a human (whatever his position is) is being ill he is in his weakest case .He lost his power and his strength ,no one can help him,then he says "O my God ,O my Lord " then he will find Allah says to him "O my slave there is no saviour but Me.Come to me, I am the only who can recover you".