A Prophet Gives Information Bbout Torment of the Grave

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Thread: A Prophet Gives Information Bbout Torment of the Grave

هشيم is offline مشرف الأقسام غير العربية
    Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At
    04:41 PM

Default A Prophet Gives Information Bbout Torment of the Grave

A Prophet Gives Information About Torment of the Grave

They said: In our Bible there is nothing called torment of the grave and enjoyments therein, this is a myth The Prophet of Islam invented … how many Muslims are scared of before others are…!
    So Muslims, the torment of the grave and enjoyments therein is a real or a myth…?!
    For this allegation they depend on the hadiths that mention this issue as follows:

1-Al Bukhary Corrects chapter (The Torment of Grave because of Talebearing and Urinating) number 1289
    Ibn Abbas reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) happened to pass by two graves and said: They (their occupants) are being tormented, but they are not tormented for a grievous sin. One of them carried tales and the other did not keep himself safe from being defiled by urine. He then called for a fresh twig and split it into two parts, and planted them on each grave and then said: Perhaps, their punishment way be mitigated as long as these twigs remain fresh.

2- Al Bukhary Corrects chapter (Seeking Refuge with Allah from Torment of the Grave) number 1288 Narrated Abu Huraira:
    Allah's Apostle used to invoke (Allah): "Allahumma ini a`udhu bika min 'adhabi-l-Qabr, wa min 'adhabi-nnar, wa min fitnati-l-mahya wa-lmamat, wa min fitnati-l-masih ad-dajjal. (O Allah! I seek refuge with you from the punishment in the grave and from the punishment in the Hell fire and from the afflictions of life and death, and the afflictions of Al-Masih Ad-Dajjal."

3- Al Bukhary Corrects chapter (Seeking Refuge with in The Eclipse Prayer ) number 991: Narrated from A'isha, the wife of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, that a Jewish woman came to beg from her and said, "May Allah give you refuge from the punishment of the grave." So A'isha asked the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, "Are people punished in their graves?", and the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, took refuge in Allah from that. Then one morning the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, went out on a journey and there was an eclipse of the sun, and he returned in the late morning and passed through his apartments. Then he stood and prayed, and the people stood behind him. He stood for a long time, and then went into ruku (bowing) for a long time. Then he rose and stood for a long time, though less than the first time, and then went into ruku (bowing)for a long time, though less than the first time. Then he rose, and went down into sajda (prostration). Then he stood for a long time, though less than the time before, and then went into ruku (bowing)for a long time, though less than the time before. Then he rose and stood for a long time, though less than the time before, and then went into ruku (bowing) for a long time, though less than the time before. Then he rose, and went down into sajda (prostration). When he had finished he said what Allah willed him to say, and then he told them to seek protection for themselves from the punishment of the grave."

Last edited by هشيم; 19-10-2013 at 11:29 AM.
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
    قل هو الله احد * الله الصمد * لم يلد و لم يولد * و لم يكن له كفوا احد
    Dis : " Lui, Dieu, est Un ! * Dieu est le Soutien universel ! * Il n'engendre pas et Il n'est pas engendré, * et Il n'a pas d'égal. "

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At

4- Al Bukhary Corrects chapter (Seeking Refuge with Allah from Torment of the Grave) number 5889:
    Narrated `Aisha:
    Two old ladies from among the Jewish ladies entered upon me and said' "The dead are punished in their graves," but I thought they were telling a lie and did not believe them in the beginning. When they went away and the Prophet entered upon me, I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Two old ladies.." and told him the whole story. He said, "They told the truth; the dead are really punished, to the extent that all the animals hear (the sound resulting from) their punishment." Since then I always saw him seeking refuge with Allah from the punishment of the grave in his prayers.

5- Al Bukhary Corrects number 1280
    Narrated Al-Bara' bin 'Azib :
    The Prophet (Alla’s Blessing and peace be upon him) said, "When a faithful believer is made to sit in his grave, then (the angels) come to him and he testifies that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and Muhammad is Allah's Apostle. And that corresponds to Allah's statement: Allah will keep firm those who believe with the word that stands firm . . . (Ibrahim 27).
    Narrated Shu'ba:
    Same as above and added, "Allah will keep firm those who believe . . . (Ibrahim 27) was revealed concerning the punishment of the grave."

6- Sunan Ibn Majah number 4259 Al Bara’a Bin Azab narrated from the Prophet (Allah’s peace and blessing be upon him) saying: "Allah will keep firm those who believe with the firm word . . . (Ibrahim 27) was revealed concerning the punishment of the grave. He was asked: who is your Lord?, he says: Allah is my Lord and my Prophet is Muhammad. And that corresponds Allah’s statement: Allah keeps firm those who believe, with the firm word, in worldly life and in the Hereafter. And Allah sends astray the wrongdoers. And Allah does what He wills. (Ibrahim 27)
    Last edited by هشيم; 21-10-2013 at 12:49 AM.
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
    Dis : " Lui, Dieu, est Un ! * Dieu est le Soutien universel ! * Il n'engendre pas et Il n'est pas engendré, * et Il n'a pas d'égal. "

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At

7- Al Bukhary Corrects number 5890 : It was narrated from Anas that:
    The Prophet [SAW] used to say: "Allahumma inni a'udhu bika minal-'ajzi, wal-kasali, wal-harami, wal-bukhli, wal-jubni, wa 'audhu bika min 'adhabil-qabri, wa min fitnatil-mahya wal-mamati (O Allah, I seek refuge in You from incapacity, laziness, old age, miserliness and cowardice, and I seek refuge in You from the torment of the grave, and from the trials of life and death.)" (Sahih)

8- Sunan Al Trmthi number 1586 : Narrated Al-Miqdam bin Ma'diykarib:
    That the Messenger of Allah (Allah’s peace and Blessing be Upon him) said: "There are six things with Allah for the martyr. He is forgiven with the first flow of blood (he suffers), he is shown his place in Paradise, he is protected from punishment in the grave, secured from the greatest terror, the crown of dignity is placed upon his head - and its gems are better than the world and what is in it - he is married to seventy two wives along Al-Huril-'Ayn of Paradise, and he may intercede for seventy of his close relatives."

Al Albany conclusion: as correct in Corrects of Funerals Rules (35-36), Al Tahliq Al Rageeb (2-194)

9- Sunan Al Trmthy number 2815: Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
    "One of the Companions of the Prophet (Allah’s Peace and Blessing be upon him) put up a tent upon a grave without knowing that it was a grave. When he realized that is was a person's grave, he recited Surat Al-Mulk until its completion. Then he went to the Prophet (Allah’s Peace and Blessing be upon him) and said: 'O Messenger of Allah (Allah’s Peace and Blessing be upon him) [Indeed] I erected my tent without realizing that it was upon a grave. So when I realized there was a person in it I recited Surat Al-Mulk until its completion.' So the Prophet (Allah’s Peace and Blessing be upon him) said: "It is a prevention, it is a salvation delivering from the punishment of the grave.'"

Abu Essa said: this hadith is fine and strange from this side and from the chapter from Abu Hurayra.

Al Albany conclusion: as Weak, but the correct of his statement is: “the surat is preventive……”, correct (1140)// Weak of The Small Collection (6101), Al Mshkat (2154)

10- Ahmad Musanad number 11680:
    It was narrated from Anas that:
    Allah's Apostle ( Allah’s peace and Blessing be upon him) was going along with us towards the dwellings of Bani an-Najjar, the Prophet ( Allah’s peace and Blessing be upon him) heard a sound from a grave and said: "When died this man die?" They said: "he died during the Jahiliyyah (Pre-Islamic period)." So he was delighted and said: "Were it not that you would not bury one another, I would have prayed to Allah to make you hear the torment of the grave."
    Comment from Shuhaid Al Arnout: its evidences are correct as long as provided by the two Sheikhs (Islamic experts).

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At

Dispelling this Misconception:

First:

The torment of the grave and enjoyments therein is not a myth invented by Muhammad (Allah’s pace and blessing be upon him), rather this issue was widespread before him (Allah’s pace and blessing be upon him) among the Jews as we have the evidence of the two Jewish old ladies who talked to Aisha (May Allah be pleased with her) about it… as it is confirmed in Al Bukhary Corrects chapter (Seeking Refuge with Allah from Torment of the Grave) number 5889:
    Narrated `Aisha:
    Two old ladies from among the Jewish ladies entered upon me and said' "The dead are punished in their graves," but I thought they were telling a lie and did not believe them in the beginning. When they went away and the Prophet entered upon me, I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Two old ladies.." and told him the whole story. He said, "They told the truth; the dead are really punished, to the extent that all the animals hear (the sound resulting from) their punishment." Since then I always saw him seeking refuge with Allah from the punishment of the grave in his prayers.
    And in addition to this the Holy Quran has told about punishing Pharaoh and his people-they are of the old nations- they are exposed to Fire in the morning and in the evening before the Day of the Judgment and the day of Resurrection…
    The Fire, they are exposed to it morning and evening. And the Day the Hour appears [it will be said], "Make the people of Pharaoh enter the severest punishment." (Ghafir 46)

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At

Second:

The Islamic experts differ in opinion concerning the essence of the torment and enjoyments of the grave, is it only for soul, or body, or soul and body?
    In the book The Soul by Ibn Qaiym (chapter 1/ page 50/52): The Islam Sheikh said that the recurrent hadiths proof that the soul returns to the body at the moment of questioning and the questioning of the body with the exclusion of soul is a speech said by a group of people which is denied by the experts’ community and some others approved it and said that questioning is for soul with the exclusion of soul and Ibn Mara and Ibn Hazm said this and both are wrong, the correct hadiths refuse it, if it were only for the soul the grave would not be in connection with soul and this clarified through the answer to the issue.
    And it is, a questioner asked if the torment of the grave is for spirit and body or for spirit with exclusion of body or for body with exclusion of spirit and does body shares spirit the enjoyment and torment or not

The Islam Sheikh was asked about this case and we mention his exact answer: But the torment and enjoyment are for both the spirit and the body together as the Ahl Sunna Wal Jamaha agreed upon, the torment and enjoyment are for the soul apart from the body and the soul undergoes torment and enjoyment with the body and the body is attached to it and thus it experiences enjoyment and torment, in this case they are together, like it is on the soul without the body are the torment and enjoyment for the body without the soul as well? There are two famous speeches by the Ahl Alhadith wal Sunna, and those who give speeches and there are some strange speeches said about the case which are not from Ahl Sunna Wal Alhadith the speech of who said: the torment and enjoyment are only for the soul the body is not experiencing torment neither enjoyment this is said by the philosophers who deny the reversion of the bodies and those are regarded as infidels by all the Muslims and most of those who give speech from the group of Mu'tazilis and others they believe in reversion of bodies but they say it does not occur at Barzakh; but it occurs at the moment of rising from graves but those deny punishing the body only at Barzakh and say: The souls are experiencing torture and enjoyment at Barzakh (isthmus) and if it is the Day of Resurrection the soul and the body undergo punishment together and this is the speech of who give speeches and talks of Muslim groups and others and this is the opinion of Ibn Hazm and Ibn Mara this speech is not of the three strange speeches but it is added to the speech of who believes on torment of the grave and the Day of Resurrection and proves the reversion of the souls and bodies but those have three views about the torment of the grave:

First is: it is only for the soul

Second is: it is for the soul and the body through the soul.

Third is: The punishment is only on the body, and the second view joins this one: and it is the opinion of who believes on the torment of the grave and regards the soul as life and regards the strange idea of denying the punishment on the body as untrue and who denies the punishment of the soul untrue and if the three ideas have became strange so the second strange view is the opinion of who says that the soul is not alone in the torment nor in the bliss; rather soul is life and thus say who give speeches of Al Muhtazila and Al Ash’harya like the judge Abi Bakr and others and they deny that the soul remains after leaving the body and this is a baseless view and some of his followers differed from him like Abu Al Mahali Al Jarini and others but it is proved by the Holy Quran and Sunnah along with this the nation’s experts are in agreement that the soul remains after leaving the body and it is either in bliss or torment and the theology philosophers believe in this but they deny the reversion of bodies but those believe in the reversion of bodies but deny.

I said:
    I completely agree with Ibn Hazm (May Allah have mercy upon him) on this point that only the spirit experiences the torment and the bliss of grave without the body, the body decomposes after being eaten by worms and the soul remains until the Day of Resurrection… there are those whose bodies rupture in aeroplane explosion.
    The spirit’s experiencing torment and bliss is like a sleeper having nice dreams that he does not want to wake up from, this is the bliss of grave, or maybe he sees an agonizing unpleasant dream that he wants to wake up from; because the punishment is sever, if he, in the worldly life, was rich but he withheld the zakaah (almsgiving) of his wealth, he dreams of a snake gnashing its teeth while saying to him: I am your money I am your treasure… as it is written in Bukhari Corrects number 4199:

Narrated Abu Huraira:
    Allah's Messenger (Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Anyone whom Allah has given wealth but he does not pay its Zakat, then, on the Day of Resurrection, his wealth will be presented to him in the shape of a bald-headed poisonous male snake with two poisonous glands in its mouth and it will encircle itself round his neck and bite him over his cheeks and say, "I am your wealth; I am your treasure." Then the Prophet (Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) recited this Divine Verse:-- "And let not those who covetously withhold of that which Allah has bestowed upon them of His Bounty." (3.180)

Last edited by هشيم; 20-11-2013 at 12:17 AM.
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At

Even the coming together of grave upon corpse, which nobody can escape, is but a dream the human being dreams of the grave becoming tight on him then he sees a pleasant dream or a dreary dream lasts until the Hour of Resurrection comes; where he will be judges with his body and soul together. My evidences for this are a lot, some are:

1-Allah the Almighty stated:
    “And the Horn will be blown; and at once from the graves to their Lord they will hasten. (51) They will say, "O woe to us! Who has raised us up from our sleeping place?" [The reply will be], "This is what the Most Merciful had promised, and the messengers told the truth." (52) It will not be but one blast, and at once they are all brought present before Us. (53) So today no soul will be wronged at all, and you will not be recompensed except for what you used to do. (54)” Yassin 51-54

We note this statement: “"O woe to us! Who has raised us up from our sleeping place?" i.e. who waked us up..

2- Allah Almighty told about the Day of Resurrection: “On a Day when their tongues, their hands and their feet will bear witness against them as to what they used to do. (24) That Day, Allah will pay them in full their deserved recompense, and they will know that it is Allah who is the perfect in justice. (25)” Al Nur 24-25

3- Allah the Almighty revealed:
    “Indeed, those who disbelieve in Our verses - We will drive them into a Fire. Every time their skins are roasted through We will replace them with other skins so they may taste the punishment. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted in Might and Wise. (56)” Al Nisaa

The foregoing shows that: the issue is ordinary and there is nothing terrifying in it for Muslims, before others, to be afraid of as the objectors allege… Human being has to obey Allah the Almighty in order to be in bliss after his death….

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At

Third:

The Christians do not know their fate right after their death, I mean: (the soul leaving the body, and after it the funeral.. ). And this indicate that their canon law is not perfect…. Their book – the Old and The New Testament- failed to mention this stage before the Day of Resurrection (the grave)…
    They only know about the Kingdom –Hid Paradise-, and the sulphur fire lake (Hellfire)… and what is odd is that they say the torture in Hellfire occurs on the soul and the body, but the enjoyment in paradise is only for the soul… this is a strange opinion there is no evidence for in their Bible; the texts below are from their bible:

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At

1- The lake of fire and brimstone for the evil ones… that is in Apocalypse (Revelation of Christ to John) Chapter 20 number 10:
    And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

2-The spirit and the body both experience the punishment in the afterworld, that is in the Book of Mathew Chapter 5 numbers 29-30:

29 . And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. 30. And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

3- The spirit and the body both experience the eternal bliss; this is stated in three texts:

The first text:
    It is mentioned two times in the Book of Mathew, which are as follows:
    The first:
    Chapter 16 number 19:
    And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

The second:
    Chapter 18 number 18:
    Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

From what mentioned above we notice this expression: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
    The meaning: anything permissible there is not prohibited in the worldly life, like legitimate relationships, marriage and eating …. will be permissible in the Lord’s Paradise.

The second text:
    The Book of Mathew Chapter 19 number 27-29:
    hen answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? 28. And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 . And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

The third text:
    The Book of Mathew Chapter 26 number 29: But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
    We notice that there is drink of this fruit of the vine in the Kingdom and consequently the bliss is for both soul and body….

Here the contradiction has become clear between this text and what is said by St Paul in The Book of Romans Chapter 14 number 17:
    For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

I said the contradiction is quite clear, in the first text: we find Jesus drinks fruit of the vine with the Disciples in the Kingdom.
    And the second text: in this text St Paul says: there is neither meat nor drink in the Kingdom… No comment!

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Thread Information