Question

I am of Moroccan origin and my wife is English. We have been married for 10 years and we have 2 boys. We are a small Muslim family; we all perform our prayers and
follow our religion, Al-Hamdu Lillah. However, my wife says that she is a Muslim and she said the Shahada, but she prays only sometimes. Please help me as my knowledge is limited about how to convert someone to Islam. I want you to provide me is a simple concise book or books about becoming a stronger Muslim. The books I got for her were too complicated for her. I try to translate some stories for her into English, but she does not seem to comprehend them, as she should. She has a very kind heart. Please help me and her.

Answer

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

Praise be to Allah that He blessed your wife and guided her to the right path; we ask Allah to help her in performing the prayers and the other rulings of Islam. Also we highly regard your efforts in taking care to your family which is an obligation upon you. Allah Says (interpretation of meaning): {And enjoin As-Salât (the prayer) on your family, and be patient in offering them [i.e. the Salât (prayers)]. We ask not of you a provision (i.e. to give Us something: money, etc.); We provide for you. And the good end (i.e. Paradise) is for the Muttaqûn (pious)}[20:133]. Allah also Says (interpretation of meaning): {O you who believe! Ward off from yourselves and your families a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones,….}[66:6]. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "Every one of you is a caretaker and will be asked about his subjects, a man is a caretaker and he will be asked about his family members" [al-Bukhari].
Finally, we advise you to consult an Islamic center in your area; surely, they will help you, guide you and provide you with Islamic books, cassettes and other necessary help.
Allah knows best.