Who is Jesus?

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Who is Jesus?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who is Jesus?

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    29-05-2013
    At
    05:45 PM

Default Who is Jesus?

Who is Jesus?

Without a doubt, you have often heard the claim that Jesus is God, the second person in the "Holy trinity." However, the very Bible which is used as a basis for knowledge about Jesus and as the basis for doctrine within Christianity clearly belies this claim. We urge you to consult your own Bible and verify that the following conclusions are not drawn out of context:

1. God is All Knowing.....but Jesus was not
    When speaking of the day of judgment, Jesus clearly gave evidence of a limitation on his knowledge when he said, "but of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in Heaven, neither the son, but the Father." Mark 13:32, and Matt 24:36. But God knows all. His knowledge is without any limitations. That Jesus, of his own admission, did not know when the day of judgment would be, is clear proof that Jesus is not all-knowing, and that Jesus is therefore not God.

2. God is All Powerful.....but Jesus was not
    While Jesus performed many miracles, he himself admitted that the power he had was not his own but was derived from God when he said, "Verily, verily I say unto you, the Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do..." St. John 5:19. Again he said, "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." St. John 5:30. But God is not only all-powerful, He is also the source of all power and authority. That Jesus, of his own admission, could do nothing on his own is clear proof that Jesus is not all-powerful, and that therefore Jesus is not God.

3. God does not have a God.....but Jesus did have a God.
    God is the ultimate judge and refuge for all, and He does not call upon nor pray to any others. But Jesus acknowledged that there was one whom he worshipped and to whom he prayed when he said, "l ascend unto my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God." St. John 20:17. He is also reported to have cried out while on the cross, "My God, my God why hast thou forsaken me?" Matt 27:46. If Jesus were God, then couldn't this be read, "Myself, myself why hast thou forsaken me?" Would that not be pure nonsense? When Jesus prayed the Lord's prayer (Luke 11:2-4), was he praying to himself? When in the garden of Gethsemane he prayed, "O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: Nevertheless not as I will but as thou wilt." Matt 26:36-39. Was Jesus praying to himself? That Jesus, of his own admission and by his own actions, acknowledged, worshipped, and prayed to another being as God is clear proof that Jesus himself is not God.

4. God is an invisible spirit.....but Jesus was flesh and blood
    While thousands saw Jesus and heard his voice, Jesus himself said that this could not be done with God when he said. "No man hath seen God at any time." St. John 1:18. '"Ye have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His shape." St. John 5:37. He also said in St. John 4:24. "God is a spirit and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." That Jesus would say that no one had seen or heard God at any time, while his followers both saw and heard him, is clear proof that Jesus was not God.

5. No one is greater than God and no one can direct Him but Jesus acknowledged someone greater than himself whose will was distinct from his own.
    Perhaps the clearest indication we have that Jesus and God are not equal, and therefore not one and the same, come again from the mouth of Jesus himself who said in St. John 14:28, "My Father is greater than I." When someone referred to him as good master in Matt 19:17, Jesus responded, "Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is God..." Furthermore, Jesus drew clear distinctions between himself and God when he said, "I proceeded forth and came from God, neither came I of myself but He sent me." St. John 8:42. Jesus gave clear evidence of his subordination to God, rather than his equality with God,when he said in Luke 22:42, "not my will but thine be done" and in St. John 5:30, "I seek not mine own will but the will of the Father which hath sent me." That Jesus would admit that he did not come into the world on his own initiative but was directed to do so, that he would acknowledge another being as greater than himself, and that he would negate his own will in deference to affirming the will of another, give clear proof that Jesus is not the Supreme One and therefore Jesus is not God.

Conclusion
    The Church recognizes the Bible as the primary source of knowledge about God and Jesus. But since the Bible makes it clear that Jesus is not the Supreme Being and the Supreme Being is not Jesus, upon what basis have you come to believe otherwise?

My brother or sister, the belief that the Supreme Being is a Trinity is false and completely inconsistent with the words of Jesus as presented in the Bible. God is one, not three. He is a perfect unity.

If you are interested in the truth about God and your relationship to Him, we invite you to investigate the religion of Islam.

What is the word of God about Jesus:

A. Regarding Sonship of Jesus:
    That is Jesus, son of Mary, in word of truth, concerning which they are doubting. It is not for God to take a son unto Him. Glory be to Him! When He decrees a thing he but says to it "Be", and it is. (Qur'an 19:34,35).

And they say, 'The All-merciful has taken unto Himself a son.' You have indeed advanced something hideous. The heavens are well nigh rent of it and the earth split asunder, and the mountains well nigh fall down crashing for that they have attributed to the All-Merciful a son; and it behoves not the All-Merciful to take a son. None is there in the heavens and earth but comes to the All-Merciful as a servant (Qur'an 19:88-93).

Truly the likeness of Jesus, in God's sight, is as Adam's likeness; He created him of dust, then said He unto him, "Be", and he was. (Qur'an 3:59).

People of the Book, go not beyond the bounds in your religion, and say not as to God but the Truth. The Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was only the Messenger of God, and His Word that He committed to Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His Messengers. and say not, 'Three', Refrain, better is it for you. God is only One God. Glory be on Him - that He should have a son! To Him belongs that which is in the heavens and on the earth, God suffices for a guardian. (Qur'an 4:171)

B. Regarding Jesus being God:
    And when God said. 'O Jesus son of Mary,did you say unto men, "Take me and my mother as gods, apart from God?" He Said, 'To You be Glory! It is not mine to say what I have no right to. If I indeed said it, You knew it, knowing what is within my soul, and I do not know what is within Your soul; You know the things unseen. I only said to them what You did command me: "Serve God, my Lord and your Lord." And I was a witness over them, while I remained among them; but when You did take me to Yourself the Watcher over them; You are the witness of everything. (Quran 5:116,117)

C. Regarding Crucifiction of Jesus:
    And for their unbelief, and their uttering against Mary a mighty calumny, and for their saying, 'We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, the Messenger of God'...yet they did not slay him, neither crucified him, only a likeness of that was shown to them. Those who are at variance concerning him surely are in doubt regarding him, they have no knowledge of him, except the following of surmise; and they did not slay him of certainty... no indeed, God raised him up to Him; God is Almighty, All-Wise. There is not one of the people of the Book but will assuredly believe in him before his death, and on the Resurrection Day he will be a witness against them. (Qur'an 4:156-159) [/LEFT]
    موضوعات اخرى على المدونة http://info-reading.blogspot.com/
    بالغة الانجليزية هي samirisaoui04.blogspot.com

هشيم is offline مشرف الأقسام غير العربية
    Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At
    05:41 PM

Allah bless you ....

very good useful article... the most important is the verses from the the book that they believe in...
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
    قل هو الله احد * الله الصمد * لم يلد و لم يولد * و لم يكن له كفوا احد
    Dis : " Lui, Dieu, est Un ! * Dieu est le Soutien universel ! * Il n'engendre pas et Il n'est pas engendré, * et Il n'a pas d'égal. "

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    07:22 PM

Very poor article..it misrepresents the scriptures in a way that is unworthy. The verses may well come from the scriptures but have been used out of context.

may God save you.

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    09-03-2024
    At
    08:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by pandora View Post
    Very poor article..it misrepresents the scriptures in a way that is unworthy. The verses may well come from the scriptures but have been used out of context.

may God save you.
    Where isthetruthfromyourpointofview

Cashdoes not help
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

AnswerisfarfromThread

You are notobligedto comment on thesubject,thatyoudonothavean argument
    Last edited by فداء الرسول; 07-06-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Very interesting, you ask me for my point of view on who is Christ. You do not like my reply so you edit it.. Very good response. Also interesting you feel on this forum that every post has to be moderated before shown in general forum, this makes it look like you are afraid of the opinions of others...are you afraid of the truth as others believe it to be or is it that you are not allowed to question your own beliefs but are obliged to attempt to sabotage the beliefs of others?

can you offer no opinion on matters pertaining to faith which are your own? Is it only possible to use the arguments of others copied and pasted from the net? The arguments of others are of no value if you do not know their background and understand their motives. Like you copy from atheist websites argue nets against Christianity, this has no value because atheists choose not to know God. The same atheist website would have the same dim view of Islam it is there mission statement... To disavow God and to prove religion as a worthless exercise.

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    09-03-2024
    At

I pity you Pandora
    Already asked you to ask me any questions about Islam but you do not understandthe language of dialogue do not like arguments

This problem is not my problem

اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Quote Originally Posted by فداء الرسول View Post
    I pity you Pandora
    Already asked you to ask me any questions about Islam but you do not understandthe language of dialogue do not like arguments

This problem is not my problem
    Save your pity for someone in need of it. :) I do not see the point of asking you anything about Islam because I doubt your motives are true. The trouble with most Muslims such as your good self who have taken it as a mantle to spread your faith by any means at the expense of others or even the truth, is you assume that you are right and everyone else therefore has to be wrong. This shows a singular arrogance which I do not believe is representative of most Muslims or indeed Islam. The Muslims I count in my circle of friends do not find my faith objectionable nor I theirs because first and foremost we recognise each other the same love for the same ONE God, that as part of the same human race we are all Gods children. As such God would not wish for his children to be at odds with each other, God is not divisive God is inclusive. Why do you not concentrate of the similarities in our beliefs instead of the constant attempts of sabotage? You do not even know what you sabotage by discrediting the Bible you also discredit the Quran. You should be more respectful of scriptures. It's just sad.

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Why do you wish to argue? Do you wish me to ask you questions on Islam to massage your ego? Not interested..sorry.

one question I would like to ask you..why is it so important to you for Christianity to be false, Do you have doubts about your own faith?

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    09-03-2024
    At

If you do not want to question about Islam

And do not want to reply to topics

What do you want from us?

We will not stop the publication of the truth of Christianity, that want to cover the sun and this will not happen

Note: You are not compelled to respond to topics that you do not like. Save your time

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Who is Jesus?

Thread Information