The fifth: misconceptions about women and the prophet's wife

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The fifth: misconceptions about women and the prophet's wife

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    12-06-2013
    At
    01:14 PM

Default The fifth: misconceptions about women and the prophet's wife

Five misconceptions about Ahadeyith(the speech of the prophet peace be upon him)conscrned with the Muslim women and the prophet's wifes

The first misconception is:

Aprophet says that"the woman is an evil omen

They claimed that our prophet peace be upon him has consedered woman as an evil omen

Their slander based on what came in Al-Sahihan(Bukari and Muslim

1-In Sahih AL-Bukari Marriage Book

(shapter:what evil omen of a lady is to be warded off)

Narrated `Abdullah bin `Umar:

Allah's Messenger peace be upon him, "Evil omen is in the women, the house and the horse.'

2-In Sahih Muslim

the book of greeting)

Sahl b. Sa'd reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:

If bad luck were to be in anything, it is found in the woman, the horse and the abode.

Misconception refutation

First:

All muslims believe that there is nothing in this universe can move or remain static from atom to galaxy without the permission of Allah and His decree.

Allah says: Say never'll we be struck except by what Allah has decreed for us,He is our protector and upon Allah let the believers rely.(Al-tawbah-51)

Also our prophet peace be upon him has forbidden this evil omen,because it is disagreed with the right Iman(faith)in two aspects:

1-The pessimistic believes in things whish have not the ability to be useful or harmful for him or anybody ealse

2-Evil omen is corrupting the right relying upon Allah ,and the great trust in Him.

And we'll find the proofs to what we mentioned in the following:

1-In Sahih Albukari

Narrated Abu Huraira:
    I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "There is no Tiyara, and the best omen is the Fal." They asked, "What is the Fal?" He said, "A good word that one of you hears (and takes as a good omen).

2-In sahih Albukari

Narrated Anas: The Prophet (saws) as saying: There is no infection and no evil omen, and I like a good omen. Good omen means a good word.

3-Sunan Abi Dawud

Narrated Urwah ibn Amir al-Qurashi:

When taking omens was mentioned in the presence of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him), he said: The best type is the good omen, and it does not turn back a Muslim. If one of you sees anything he dislikes, he should say: O Allah, no one brings good things except Thee, and no one averts evil things except Thee and there is no might and power but in Allah.

So,the prophet peace be upon him declared that the one who intented to do something, but he did not do it because of his fear from bad omen,he'll fall in Sharik Asgar(minor polytheism) which need a repentance.

4-Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Taking omens is polytheism; taking omens is polytheism. He said it three times. Every one of us has some, but Allah removes it by trust (in Him).

And there is a large number of Hadith in this
    point.

Last edited by فداء الرسول; 22-05-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    12-06-2013
    At

Second:
    After i has shown that Muslim must not believe in evil omen,because it is considered as Shirk asgar(minor polytheism)and a great sin,it's time to explain the meanning of this Hadith( If bad luck were to be in anything, it is found in the woman, the horse and the abode.) by the willing of Allah

I said: this Hadith'll be understood correctly from two aspects
    The first aspect:
    The prophet peace be upon him has informed us in this Hadith about people of Gahilia's believe (people before Islam)that they say: Evil omen is in the women, the house and the horse.'
    Maybe the narrator of this Hadith did not hear it from the beginning,that people of Gahilia said ……………
    And that is what A'sha has declared in two positions
    in Mashkl Alathar for Imam (leader)Tahawi
    Abi Alzbir said that he heared the same hadith from Gaber,but it was narrated that A'ISH denied and refused this form for the hadith,she affirmed that the prophet peace be upon him has just said that to inform us by what people before Islam had said and thought in the women

A'sha mentioned the hadith by using the word Taira instead of the word Sho'm which has the same meanning (evil omen)
    And she declared that this speech(Evil omen is in the women……)was belong to people of Gahilia not to the prophet peace be upon him
    So we must believe and trust in A'isha'narration more than any other narration because she
    has memorised what can't anybody else memorised in this hadith.
    Moreover what we has mentioned that the prophet peace be upon him has denied evil omen
    Jabir reported Allal's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: There is no transitive disease, no ill omen, no ghoul.
    2-In Mosnad Ahmed,Abi Hasan said:two men from Bani A'mir told A'ish that Abi Horira narrated this hadith(Evil omen is in the women, the house and the horse.')
    Then A'isha became angry and said I swear with who descend (Forkan) the criterion
    on Muhammad,the messenger of Allah peace be upon him has never said that,but he said
    (the people of Gahilia were believed in evil omen of the women)Albany has crrected it.

Last edited by ضوء3; 01-05-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    12-06-2013
    At

The second aspect:
    His saying peace be upon him(If bad luck were to be in anything, it is found in the woman, the horse and the abode.)If here means(en)in Arabic language which is a conditional tool makes the verb after it rarely or never happened
    That meaning is clear in the following Aya(verse)
    Allah says for His prophet(So if you are in doubt, [O Muhammad], about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those who have been reading the Scripture before you. The truth has certainly come to you from your Lord, so never be among the doubters.)uonas-94
    The meaning is :if you (Muhammad)were in doubt…………the answer of the prophet peace be upon him was no, I have never doubt or ask
    In Tafsir Algalilin we find :(if you)Muhammad( are in doubt about that which We have revealed to you)from Kasas(stories) (then ask those who have been reading the Scripture)Tawra( Old Testament) ( before you)it is affirmed in their books, and they'll tell you that is the truth
    The prophet peace be upon him said:(I'll never doubt or ask)
    (The truth has certainly come to you from your Lord, so never be among the doubters.)
    those who doubt in it based on denial and its meaning is:
    If there is a bad omen in a thing it'll be
    found in the woman, the horse and the abode.
    The question here is :
    Why this three things?!
    The answer is in Nawawi explanation of Sahih Muslim:
    Some other said the bad omen of the house is being narrow and the bad harmful neighbor,
    The bad omen of the woman is her Sterile her tongue lashing and her doubts
    And the bad omen in of the horse is not to use it in Gehad (to defence of Islam)also because of its high price
    I said ,I prefer the second aspect because the hadith was narrated in the same ways by the companions except what A'sha reported
    And I swear by Allah,that is what we see nowadays,we all feel by it.
    We see that there is no feeling with relax in the house which has a dancer or a drug dealer
    Because of their sins
    By the same way the tongue lashing woman makes her husband pessimistic sometimes ,because she brought him a lot of troubles

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    12-06-2013
    At

Third:
    When we look in The Holy Bible we'll find it describe the woman as an evil omen,
    She is the reason of every sin and that mentioned in the old and new testament
    First:
    The New Testament
    And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
    deceived Gen 3:4, Gen 3:13, 2nd Cor 11:3

Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
    childbearing Gen 3:16, John 16:21

We notice here that Adam was not guilty but Eve was the reason of the original sin, the source of evil omen and seduction in the worlds

Second

Old Testament
    Also we'll find the wisdom from labor pains of the woman belong to this text

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
    sorrow
    John 16:21, 1st Tim 2:15

I said

:
    This text shows us the three kinds of Allah's punishment for Eve which are:
    The labor pains, her longing for a husband, and the mastery of man upon her
    That because she ate from the prohibited tree and submitted to the temptation of the snake
    Then she seduced Adam so God's wrath had been upon her
    Here there are some questions to be asked:
    1-Is the childbirth a punishment?
    Every animal female bear and feel with the childbirth's pains
    Ex: Is the childbirth for a cow considered as a punishment for it or as its natural function and its Fitra (primitiveness) of Allah upon which He has created all creation?!
    2-Is it a punishment for a woman to be longing for her husband? How?
    The man is missing her too, is that a punishment for him too?!

The answer

Longing is Fitra ( a primitiveness ) (primitiveness) of Allah upon which He has created all creation to make families,love ,mercy and keep procreation
    So it is not a punishment as it mentioned in Genesis

Allah says: And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thoughts. (Ar-rom-21)
    3- Is that text agreed with what has Juses come to do (crucifixion to save people from sins) as the cavilers belief
    They said that God please and save us by the death of Juses on the cross
    Therefore i want to ask some questions
    1-Why does the woman still feeling with pains of childbirth which make some of them used drugs (anesthetic ) to ward off the pains, whilst Juses as their claim has saved everybody from sins even the woman?!
    2-Why has the punishment of longing (for man and woman) remained right now?!
    3-Why dose God still punishing the snake by making it walk on its stomach( Genesis 3/14) ?!
    So where is the justiceof the God according to their belief?!!
    I'll summarize what I mentioned in a
    question like theirs

Is it possible, is that their belief in women ? Oh how the women were insulted and considered as an evil omen in their belief!!!

Last edited by ضوء3; 05-05-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    12-06-2013
    At

The second misconception
    :

A prophet says: The woman is like donkey and black dog.

They understood like that and claimed that the prophet peace be upon him said:

The woman is like donkey and black dog.

They has depended on two proofs

1-Sahih Muslim (prayer book)

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: A woman, an ass and a dog disrupt the prayer, but something like the back of a saddle guards against that.

2- Musnad Ahmed

Abu Dharr said that : Allah's Messenger said: "When a man performs Salat, and there is nothing in front of him like the post of a saddle, or a camel saddle, then his Salat is severed by (passing of) a black dog, a woman, and a donkey." It was said to Abu Dharr: "What is the problem with the black dog rather than the red or white one?" He said: "O my nephew! I asked Allah's Messenger just as you have asked me. He said: 'The black dog is a Shaitan (devil).'" (Sahih)

Slander refutation

First:

We did not find in this Hadith that woman is like donkey or black dog, really that likening has not mentioned at all

Their slander is evidence about their hating to this great prophet

They are waiting for any mistake, even if there is not, because of their illness imagination

A'isha replied for this misunderstanding and denied that likening when a man asked her about it, and she said(you likening us (women) to donkeys and dogs!!!)

In Sahih Albokari (the book of prayer)

Narrated `Aisha:
    The things which annual prayer were mentioned before me (and those were): a dog, a donkey and a woman. I said, "You have compared us (women) to donkeys and dogs. By Allah! I saw the Prophet praying while I used to lie in (my) bed between him and the Qibla. Whenever I was in need of something, I disliked to sit and trouble the Prophet. So, I would slip away by the side of his feet."

So this Hadith did not likening women by donkey or black dog, but what mentioned in it is Hokm shar'I (legitimate rule),

which declared that when a woman passes in front of a man praying she'll break his prayer, and so on the donkey and the black dog, also this break did not make the prayer null, but it makes it uncompleted in recompense, because of passing one from the three whom mentioned in the Hadith in front of the man who prays

Then the Hadith declared the reason of breaking the prayer by passing dog in front of man who pray, it said that the black dog is satin (devil
    )

Last edited by ضوء3; 12-05-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    12-06-2013
    At

And the other Ahadith declared that woman breaks
    the prayer because the man who pray might be seduced by her when she passing in front of him while his prayer because she maybe decorated and perfumed , but he will not be seduced when man passing in front of him
    So it does not mean that women are likening dogs and donkeys as the cavilers had understood by their sickness minds
    Also we find Hadith A'isha which I mentioned
    (I said, "You have compared us (women) to donkeys and dogs. By Allah! I saw the Prophet praying while I used to lie in (my) bed between him and the Qibla. Whenever I was in need of something, I disliked to sit and trouble the Prophet. So, I would slip away by the side of his feet.") has declared that the prophet peace be upon him has prayed and a woman was front of him
    Here we have three probabilities:
    1The woman was his wife, so he'll not be seduced by her
    2-She was in darkness as we understand from some narrations
    3-The prophet peace be upon him could not be seduced
    So whatever the reason the prophet peace be upon him has prayed while A'isha was front of him because he'll not be seduced by her, so she is not like donkey or black dog
    Also there is disagreement between scholars about this Hadith
    A large number of them said first Hadith had been abrogated by Hadith A'isha, and there is agreement about that
    Second
    There are another Ahadith which proof that man also breaks prayer, so does it mean that he is like donkey or black dog?!!!
    I'll just mention only two Hadith
    1-Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:
    The Prophet said, "If while you are praying, somebody intends to pass in front of you, prevent him; and should he insist, prevent him again; and if he insists again, fight with him (i.e. prevent him violently e.g. pushing him violently), because such a person is (like) a devil
    2-Narrated Abu Saeed: It was narrated from Abu Saeed that the Messenger of Allah(saws) said: " If anyone of you is praying, he should not let anyone pass in front of him, and if he insists (on passing) then let him fight him."

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    12-06-2013
    At

Third:
    When we read in the Bible we'll find that human is likened by colt, and the word human here refers to both man and woman, we have never found the word (insana) in Arabic language which means human for (woman)
    In the old testament
    In The Book of Job

Chapter 11

For vain men would be wise, though man be born like a wild ass's colt.(12)
    Notice (man be born like a wild ass's colt)
    So the cavilers were born and have understood like that!!!
    We'll find also that human is likened by beast in The Book of Ecclesiastes

Chapter 3

I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts (18)
    For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.(19)
    All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.(20)
    We notice from the text that human is not better than beast, indeed he is like it in their Holly Bible!!!!
    I said in my self
    :Oh Glory to Allah Who says: (And We have certainly honored the children of Adam and carried them on the land and sea and provided for them of the good things and preferred them over much of what We have created, with [definite] preference) al-asra'a-70
    Also woman is called heifer in The Holly Bible, that when Samson called his wife heifer in The Book of Judges Chapter 14
    And the men of the city said unto him on the seventh day before the sun went down, What is sweeter than honey? And what is stronger than a lion? and he said unto them, If ye had not plowed with my heifer, ye had not found out my riddle(18)
    Moreover we find in the Bible that women is likened by mangy dog whom people avoid touching it because of unclean
    That in
    The Book of Leviticus Chapter 15
    And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she shall be unclean.(25)
    Every bed whereon she lieth all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her separation: and whatsoever she sitteth upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her separation(26)
    And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even (27)
    I said: like that..... we treat women by the same way we treat mangy dog according to The Holly Bible…….!!!

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    12-06-2013
    At

The third misconception
    A prophet says:
    Woman was created from crooked rib!!
    They said: the prophet of Islam has insulted women when he said that they were created from a crooked rib, that mentioned in Sahih Albukari
    Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "Take my advice with regard to women: Act kindly towards women, for they were created from a rib, and the most crooked part of a rib is its uppermost. If you attempt to straighten it; you will break it, and if you leave it alone it will remain crooked; so act kindly toward women
    Slander refutation
    First:
    This Hadith is beginning with the prophet's compliment to women, his commandment to protect her and being afraid of Allah (do not hurt her)
    This understood from saying ("Take my advice with regard to women: Act kindly towards women) this Hadith mentioned in Sahih Muslim
    Second:
    The meaning of (she was created from a crooked rib) is not insulting, but it explains the original of what she was created from, which is Adam's rib ……..the proof:
    1-The Hadith itself
    2-Bukari has put this Hadith in the book of (created of Adam)
    3-The Holly Bible, I'll mention it later by the will of Allah
    The prophet's saying (they were created from a rib, and the most crooked part of a rib is its uppermost. If you attempt to straighten it; you will break it, and if you leave it alone it will remain crooked; so act kindly toward women
    I said:
    This is an adverb to explain and confirm being kindness with her, because she may make a lot of mistakes
    So, you husband must be kindness with her, because if you want to make the rib straight
    (by correcting her mistakes with force) you'll break it
    The proof is what Muslim narrated that Abo Huraira said: If you attempt to straighten her, you will break her, and breaking her is divorcing her"
    So there is a great responsibility upon the husband to be kindness, forgiveness with her,
    do not blame her a lot and forget her mistakes and her bad behavior to make the companionship continue
    That be supported with what Ibn-Hagar said in al-fatih:
    The prophet's saying (she was created from a crooked rib)
    It was said that Eve was created from Adam's lift rib, it was said also from his short rib, Ibn –Ashak added (from the lift rib of Adam, before he enters paradise and Allah flesh instead of it )
    The meaning of( she was created)that she come out like the palm come out of kernel
    Kwrtobe said:
    It may mean that women was created from the top of Adam's rib so she is like the rib and he added in another narration (and will in no way be straightened for you)
    The prophet's saying: (and the most crooked part of a rib is its uppermost)
    It refers to her tongue which is the most crooked part in her, the word a'wag (crooked) is used in Arabic to explain that we can not deny this crookedness in the woman
    or refers that woman can not be straightened like the rib
    His saying:
    (. And if you attempt to straighten her, you will break her, and breaking her is divorcing her)
    It is an adverb means divorce
    (if you want her to leave her crookedness, she'll be divorced)
    This Hadith is a proof:
    (. And if you attempt to straighten her, you will break her, and breaking her is divorcing her ) Sahih Muslim
    So the word rib here could be male or female both are correct
    Second:
    The fact that women were created from crooked rib had been mentioned in the Holly Bible:
    And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him(18)
    And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof(21)
    And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man(22)
    And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man(23)
    Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh(24)
    And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashame(25)
    There is a question here……..why the cavilers are intercepting about a fact had been mentioned in their Holly Bible……?!!!

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    12-06-2013
    At

The fourth misconception

A prophet orders woman to prostrate herself before her husband!

From their interceptions about our prophet's (peace be upon him) speech which in their belief did not give woman her rights

His saying:( "If I were to order anyone to prostrate himself before another, I would have ordered a woman to prostrate herself before her husband
    Narrated by Abu-Hurira
    Jami` at-Tirmidhi > The Book on Suckling -
    [At-Tirmidhi]

They said :what a lack of respect to woman to be ordered to prostrate herself before her husband?!!

Reply to this misconception

First:

Their belief and saying that this Hadith did not give woman her right(wasting her rights) is a clear unawareness, because there is no oppression for woman's right in this Hadith
    But we find a call to woman to be honest to her husband, and invoking her by his rights, because he tired and suffered a lot to make her happy whether in spending or anything else, Is this reminding by husband's rights will oppress woman and waste her rights…?!!!

Mubarkfory said:
    His saying (I would have ordered a woman to prostrate herself before her husband)
    Because of husband's great favor
    which wife could not thank, and this is an overstatement to declare that wife must obey her husband, we prostrate only before Allah and we must not do that for anybody else even husbands
    Al-Shokany said after he mentioned some Ahadith which have the same meaning of Hadith Abu-Huraira
    Those Ahadith which declare the prophet's saying if it was allowed to prostrate before a human I'll order woman to prostrate before her husband are strength each other

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    12-06-2013
    At

Second:

Reply to their question what a lack of respect to woman to be ordered to prostrate herself before her husband?!!

I said : there is no order or permission in this Hadith to let woman prostrate herself before her husband, The Hadith says:
    If I were to order anyone to prostrate himself before another, I would have ordered a woman to prostrate herself before her husband

And I'm asking here : where is the prophet's order to woman to prostrate herself before her husband?!!

The answer: there is no order in it , moreover it is prohibited in our religion to prostrate to anyone except Allah

There is overstatement in this Hadith to invoke women to obey her husband and declare his great rights and favor upon his wife, her duty is to obey him

Also the condition (if) in Arabic links two sentences , if the first sentence does not happen the second sentence will never happen (the prophet here never orders anybody to prostrate himself before anybody else except to Allah, so the second sentence of this Hadith'll never happen(I would have ordered a woman to prostrate herself before her husband ))

Moreover we find that both of Al-Tirmizy and Ibn Maga mentioned this hadith in the chapter of husband's rights not chapter of prostration to husband, because they did not understand that from the hadith as the cavilers did…….!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information