A prophet says: I came to you with slaughtering!

They said: the messenger of Islam is the root of the terrorism we see in Iraq; slaughtering the Americans and others under the title (Allahu akbar "Allah is the greatest")…………!! They referred to the speech mentioned in Ahmad's Musnad Al Moktherine Men Al Sahaba, chapter (the backing of Amr Ibn Al As, no. 6739. He said: Yaqoub narrated from Ibn Ishaq, he said: I heard Yahia Ibn Orwa Ibn Al Zubair, narrated from his father, Orwa, narrated from Abdullah Ibn Amr Ibn Al As, he said: I told him: I've never seen an enmity such as that Quraish attest towards the messenger of Allah (PBUH). He said: I saw them once when their leaders assembled in the Kaaba (the house of Allah in Makka), and mentioned the messenger of Allah (PBUH), and said: We've never patient with anyone such as this man, who shattered our dreams, cursed our fathers, criticized our religion, divided our groups, and blasphemed our gods. We've been patient with him despite his great dead. He said: while they were there, Muhammad (PBUH) went near them, reached the corner of the Kaaba, and circled it. When he (PBUH) became near them, they kept making fun of what he (PBUH) says, the narrator said: I knew from his face that he was upset. He (PBUH) left them, and came near them again in the second circling, when they made fun of him again, and I knew from his face that he was upset. Then, he left them and came near them again in the third circling, when they made fun of him again. He (PBUH) said: "O people of Quraish, I swear by Allah that I came to you by slaughtering". They listened to him with full concentration, and one of them said:" Go away Muhammad, these aren't your manners". He (PBUH) left them, and in the next day, they assembled again in the same place and I was among them. They said to each other: "we have been talking about Muhammad, and when he said to us what we don't like we left him!". At that time, the prophet (PBUH) went near them, when they quickly ran towards him, enclosed him and said: "Did you say about our gods and religion what we heard?". He (PBUH) replied: "Yes, I did". I saw one of the men pulled the prophet's (PBUH) clothes, then Abu Bakr went towards the prophet (PBUH) trying to defend him, and said while crying: "Do you want to kill a man who says Allah is my only God?". The men left him (PBUH), and that was the most aggressive act I've seen from the people of Quraish towards the prophet (PBUH).

The reply to this misunderstanding:
First: our prophet (PBUH) prohibited mayhem (cutting someone's dead body as a kind of taking revenge). This is proved by the following:
1 – Ahmad's Musnad, no 17450, narrated from Al Mughira Ibn Shouba, he said: "the prophet (PBUH) prohibited mayhem". See the speech no. 6899 in the Correct Jamea.
2 – Ahmad's Musnad, no. 19012, narrated from Umran Ibn Husain, he said: "in all his sermons, Muhammad used to order us to give charities and prohibit mayhem".
3 - He (PBUH) prohibited mayhem even with animals. This is mentioned in Al Nisaee's Correct Sunan by Al Al Bani, no. 4440, and in The Correct Series, no. 2431. Narrated from Abdullah Ibn Jaafar, he said: the messenger of Allah (PBUH) passed by a group of people throwing a ram with stones, he hated that and said: "Don't mayhem animals".
4 – He (PBUH) used to order his companions not to mayhem the enemy's dead bodies. In Abu Dawood's Sunan, no. 2246, Buraida narrated that the prophet (PBUH) said: "Invade in the name of Allah, in the cause of Allah, and fight who don't believe in Allah. Don't betray, or steal, or mayhem, or kill a baby."
5 - His (PBUH) commandments concerning this issue, in The Correct Muslim, no. 3615. Narrated from Shaddad Ibn Aws, he said: I've studied two things from the messenger of Allah (PBUH), who said: "Allah, the Almighty, ordered benefaction with everything, so if you kill, be beneficent, if you slaughter, be beneficent. Sharpen your blade, and relieve your oblation".
Therefore, this is our prophet's (PBUH) rubric (sunnah), and his commandments not to mayhem animals and enemies…
Thus, this falsifies their aspersion that says: the messenger of Islam is the root of terrorism….
Second: there's an important question: when did Muhammad (PBUH) say: "I came to you with slaughtering"?
The answer: after reading the speech, it's clear that he (PBUH) said that before immigration to Madina, as the pagans persecuted him and tried to suffocate him…So, he (PBUH) told them that as a kind of threat, in order to frighten them, and make them leave him alone.

This is supported by what's mentioned in The Correct Ibn Hebban, no. 6689. Narrated from Amr Ibn Al As (may Allah be pleased with him), he said: I've never seen Quraish want to kill the messenger of Allah (PBUH) except that day when they were sitting near the Kaaba, and the messenger of Allah (PBUH) was praying next to the sanctuary. Uqba Ibn Abu Meiat went to him, wrapped his cloak around his neck, and pulled it till he (PBUH) fell on his knees. At that moment, people screamed, and thought that he (PBUH) was killed. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) ran quickly towards the prophet (PBUH) trying to help him to stand, saying: "Do u want to kill a man who says Allah is my only God?". They all left the prophet (PBUH), then he stood up, and when he finished his prayer, he passed by them while they were sitting near the Kaaba and said: "O people of Quraish, I swear by Allah, who created me, I was sent to you with slaughtering", and he (PBUH) pointed to his throat. Abu Jahl said to him: "O Muhammad, you've never been an unwitting". The prophet (PBUH) said: "You're so".
Notice here: that he (PBUH) was harmed to a very great extent, suffocated, and hit…..So, he (PBUH) said that to frighten them, and make them leave him alone to continue his message that Allah, the Almighty, ordered him to convey. This is very clear from what the pagans said: " shattered our dreams, cursed our fathers, criticized our religion, divided our groups, and blasphemed our gods". After that, they tried to suffocate him (PBUH)….
Third: If someone asks: what's the meaning of the word "slaughtering" that's mentioned in the speech?
The answer: may be he (PBUH) meant killing. For example: If you tell someone who annoys you: "if you don't stop, I will slaughter you!". Do you mean the exact meaning of "slaughter" or you mean "kill"?
In Arabic, slaughtering means killing in general. Slaughtering someone from his back is more relieving for him, as it's not meant to kill anyone savagely.
Fourth: This speech shows one of the prophet's (PBUH) miracles, and proves his true prophecy. When he (PBUH) said to those who harmed him: "I came to you with slaughtering" as a kind of threat, this is exactly what happened, as Abu Jahl has been slaughtered in Badr incursion, and Uqba Ibn Abu Meiat, who tried to suffocate the prophet (PBUH), has been slaughtered as well, and also others. It's worth mentioning that his words: "I came to you with slaughtering" aren't directed to all the pagans in general, but specially to those who harmed the prophet (PBUH).

Fifth: it's mentioned in the Bible that some prophets and messengers ordered slaughtering people, and they actually slaughtered their objectors….

You can see that in the following:

1 – Jesus, the Christ (PBUH) orders his followers to slaughter those who weren't under his domination, this is in Luke 17: 27 But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’” !
I wonder: couldn't the objectors read "slaughter them before me"?!

Is this a slaughter of devotion? or a real slaughter?!!!
Did they object at this text, as they objected at the prophet's (PBUH) speech, when they said that he (PBUH) is the root of terrorism…..?!

And what if Muhammad was the one who said those words?? What would have they done?!
2 – Prophet David (PBUH) says that he mayhemed his Palestinian enemies, and cut their heads off…..this is in 1 Samuel 17:

46 This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you down and cut off your head. And I will give the dead bodies of the host of the Philistines this day to the birds of the air and to the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel, 47 and that all this assembly may know that the LORD saves not with sword and spear. For the battle is the LORD's, and he will give you into our hand.”
48 When the Philistine arose and came and drew near to meet David, David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet the Philistine. 49 And David put his hand in his bag and took out a stone and slung it and struck the Philistine on his forehead. The stone sank into his forehead, and he fell on his face to the ground.

50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and struck the Philistine and killed him. There was no sword in the hand of David. 51 Then David ran and stood over the Philistine and took his sword and drew it out of its sheath and killed him and cut off his head with it. When the Philistines saw that their champion was dead, they fled. 52 And the men of Israel and Judah rose with a shout and pursued the Philistines as far as Gath[f] and the gates of Ekron, so that the wounded Philistines fell on the way from Shaaraim as far as Gath and Ekron. 53 And the people of Israel came back from chasing the Philistines, and they plundered their camp. 54 And David took the head of the Philistine and brought it to Jerusalem, but he put his armor in his tent.!!!

3 – Prophet Elijah Slaughtered 450 men from Baal's prophets in the brook of Kishon…This in 1 Kings 18: 22 Then Elijah said to the people, “I, even I only, am left a prophet of the LORD, but Baal's prophets are 450 men…..40 And Elijah said to them, “Seize the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape.” And they seized them. And Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon and slaughtered them there.

The important question here: who is the real founder of terrorism that we see in Iraq, Afghanistan, and others, made by the Americans…….?!

Written by: Akram Hassan Morsi

Translated to English: the Professor Islamic translation