The False Prophets according to the Bible
Does the prophet Muhammad fit the description
Christians often like to claim that Muhammad is a false prophet; they often like to say that the only time Muhammad is mentioned in the Bible is as a false prophet. They then like to quote the passages which talks about the false prophets. In this article of mine we shall examine the most common verses Christians bring, and from there we will see if the prophet Muhammad actually fits the description given by the Bible.
Here are the first passages Christians often bring up:
"Jesus answered them, ?Watch out that no one misleads you. For many will come in my name, saying, "I am the Christ," and they will mislead many ... Then if anyone says to you, "Look, here is the Christ!" or "There he is!" do not believe him. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. Remember, I have told you ahead of time.'" Matthew 24:4-5, 23-25
The prophet Muhammad certainly does not fit the description given by Jesus.
To start off, Jesus says that many will come IN MY NAME claiming I AM THE CHRIST. The prophet Muhammad never claimed he was the Christ, that title was never given to him in the Quran, the term Christ is only given to Jesus in the Quran. Secondly, Muhammad never came in Jesus' name; Muhammad came for Allah's cause, not Jesus'. So therefore as we already see, the prophet Muhammad does not match the description given by Jesus.
The next description Jesus gives is that the false prophet will perform several great signs and wonders. The prophet Muhammad does not fit this description neither. In fact one of the main arguments Christians bring up against Muhammad, is that he did not perform great miracles and signs like the former prophets. In fact the unbelievers also accused Muhammad of this:
But (now), when the Truth has come to them from Ourselves, they say, "Why are not (Signs) sent to him, like those which were sent to Moses?" Do they not then reject (the Signs) which were formerly sent to Moses? They say: "Two kinds of sorcery, each assisting the other!" And they say: "For us, we reject all (such things)!" S. 28:48
Nay; rather it is signs, clear signs in the breasts of those who have been given knowledge; and none denies Our signs but the evildoers. They say, 'Why have signs not been sent down upon him from his Lord?' Say: 'The signs are only with God, and I am only a plain warner. What, is it not SUFFICIENT FOR THEM that We have sent down upon thee the Book that is recited to them? Surely in that is a mercy, and a reminder to a people who believe. S. 29:49-51 A.J. Arberry
So as you can see, the pagans accused the prophet Muhammad of not performing great miracles and signs. As I also mentioned, Christians themselves always bring this argument up, so hence a Christian cannot honestly take both sides of the arguments, Christian's must make their mind up. Did Muhammad perform great signs and wonders or did he not? If he did not, then he does not fit the description of a false prophet. This just shows the double standards Christians use in their arguments.
However so, I am not saying the Blessed prophet Muhammad did not perform miracles and so on. He most certainly did, go read the hadiths to read them for yourself. The Quran is also a miracle and a sign. However so what I am saying is that the prophet Muhammad did not go around everyday performing miracles, and doing great wonders, this is what the Dajjal (anti-Christ) will do. So either way, the prophet Muhammad does not match that description.
Also finally, the prophet Muhammad did not try to persuade the people to believe him by major miracles and signs. This is not how he went about things, so again he does not fit the description.
So as we see, those verses which Christians often bring up do not refer to Muhammad, the prophet Muhammad does not fit the description.
Another verse which Christians bring up is:
"Now the Spirit explicitly says that in the later times some will desert the faith and occupy themselves with deceiving spirits and demonic teachings, influenced by the hypocrisy of liars whose consciences are seared. They will prohibit marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth." 1 Timothy 4:1-3
The prophet Muhammad certainly does not fit the criteria of these verses. If anything it is Paul who fits the criteria! Note the passages say that the false prophet will prohibit marriage; the one who prohibited marriage was Paul:
1 Corinthians 7:1
"Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry
So as we see, it is Paul who fits the description.
So anyway, when we read the passage in context we see that the verses cannot refer to Muhammad, Muhammad did not prohibit marriage, and Muhammad did not really prohibit foods. All fish were made halal, so were camels. He forbade the eating of donkey.
Now a Christian may argue that they believe Muhammad's teaching is demonic, however that doesn't work neither, the reason that doesn't work is because according to these verses, the demonic teaching is prohibiting marriage and certain foods!
So again the prophet Muhammad does not fit this description neither.
Finally, Christians also like to bring these verses up:
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to determine if they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses Jesus as the Christ who has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God, and this is the spirit of the antichrist, that you have heard is coming, and now is already in the world. You are from God, little children, and have conquered them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world's perspective and the world listens to them. We are from God; the person who knows God listens to us, but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of deceit." 1 John 4:1-6
Muhammad perfectly fits the description of a BELIEVER according to these passages! Note the passages state:
By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses Jesus as the Christ who has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God, and this is the spirit of the antichrist
So note, the person who confesses that Jesus is the Christ, is from God. Those who do not confess that Jesus is the Christ are the anti-Christ. Therefore Muhammad is from God, the prophet Muhammad did confess that Jesus is the Christ; Muhammad never confessed that Jesus is NOT the Christ:
YUSUFALI: Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah;

PICKTHAL: (And remember) when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, illustrious in the world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (unto Allah).

SHAKIR: When the angels said: O Marium, surely Allah gives you good news with a Word from Him (of one) whose name is the '. Messiah, Isa son of Marium, worthy of regard in this world and the hereafter and of those who are made near (to Allah).
These are verses from the Noble Quran which were revealed to the prophet Muhammad. The prophet Muhammad is commanded to believe and follow everything in the Quran, hence the Quran calls Jesus the Messiah, hence Muhammad did confess that Jesus is the Christ.
So as we can see, these main passages which Christians bring up to show Muhammad is a false prophet according to the Bible clearly fail. The prophet Muhammad does not fit any of the descriptions given to describe a false prophet, the description that the prophet Muhammad does fit is that of a believer. So hence we see that Muhammad is a person from God according to the Bible.
Praise Allah the true God, and peace upon his last and final messenger who was the prophet Muhammad.
I bear witness that there is no God but Allah, and that Muhammad is his messenger. AMEEN.