Jesus is not God in the bible

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesus is not God in the bible

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-12-2010
    At
    04:36 PM

My fellow Christians you have obeyed the teachings of Paul and forgot the teachings of Christ

You have obeyed the one who said about himself the following

1 Corinthians 9-New International Version
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...+9&version=NIV
    19Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law

You listen to the one who admitted that he’s a liar

Romans 3 - New American Standard Bible

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...3&version=NASB
    7But if through my lie the truth of God abounded to His glory, why am I also still being judged as a sinner?

Why don’t you listen to Jesus who said

John 8 -New International Version
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...+8&version=NIV
    "The only Father we have is God himself."

to be continued

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-12-2010
    At

Now, let us look at John 4:34

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...4&version=NASB
    34Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work

Here we see clearly that Jesus told his followers that GOD is higher than him, and Jesus can only do things within Jehovah's will. Also Jesus said that his mission is to finish the work of Jehovah that was assigned to Jesus peace be upon him.

Let us look at John 5:30
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...5&version=NASB
    30" I can do nothing on My own initiative As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

Here we see two things in this verse: First, Jesus recognized, admitted and preached to his followers that his is nothing special nor have any power in him. Second, Jesus does nothing of his own will; he only does the will of GOD who sent him and who inspires him.

Let us look at John 5:31
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...5&version=NASB
    31"If I alone testify about Myself, My testimony is not true.
    32"There is another who testifies of Me, and I know that the testimony which He gives about Me is true.

Here we also see that Jesus admits and preaches to his followers that he is not powerful. The only powerful is GOD, his GOD

to be continued

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-12-2010
    At

Let us look at John 5:36-38

"But I have the witness greater than that of John, for the very works that my Father (my GOD) assigned me to accomplish, the works themselves that I am doing, bear witness about me that the Father (GOD) dispatched me. Also, the Father (GOD) who sent me has himself borne witness about me. You have neither heard his voice at any time nor ever seen his figure; and you do not have his word remaining in you, because the very one whom he dispatched you do not believe." Personally speaking, I never had a single Trinitarian explain this verse to me directly. They always give me indirect answers that have nothing to do with this verse (John 5:36-38).

Here we see Jesus again clearly defines GOD as greater than him, and he told his followers that they have never seen GOD nor ever heard his voice. I don't know what more Allah Almighty and Jesus need to say to prove to Trinitarians that GOD and Jesus are two separate beings !!!.
    Let us look at Deuteronomy 4:12 "And GOD began to speak to you out of the middle of the fire. The sound of words was what were you hearing, but no form were you seeing nothing but a voice." This verse is another proof that no one ever seen GOD in any form

to be continued

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-12-2010
    At

Some Christians believe that Jesus’ miracles prove that he is God. The problem with this claim is that almost every single miracle performed by Jesus finds a parallel within the Old Testament. There are many Old Testament prophets that performed the very same kinds of miracles that Jesus did. If the miracles of Jesus make him God then why don’t the miracles of the other prophets prove that they are God/gods as well ?

Jesus' Miracles were not unique in the Bible

Anyway, Let us look at the following verses from the Bible that refute the uniqueness of Jesus' Miracles:

Bringing the dead back to life:

"Then he cried out to the LORD , "O LORD my God, have you brought tragedy also upon this widow I am staying with, by causing her son to die?" Then he stretched himself out on the boy three times and cried to the LORD , "O LORD my God, let this boy's life return to him!" The LORD heard Elijah's cry, and the boy's life returned to him, and he lived. Elijah picked up the child and carried him down from the room into the house. He gave him to his mother and said, "Look, your son is alive!" (From the NIV Bible, 1 Kings 17:20-23)"

"But the child's mother said, "As surely as the LORD lives and as you live, I will not leave you." So he got up and followed her. Gehazi went on ahead and laid the staff on the boy's face, but there was no sound or response. So Gehazi went back to meet Elisha and told him, "The boy has not awakened." When Elisha reached the house, there was the boy lying dead on his couch. He went in, shut the door on the two of them and prayed to the LORD. Then he got on the bed and lay upon the boy, mouth to mouth, eyes to eyes, hands to hands. As he stretched himself out upon him, the boy's body grew warm. Elisha turned away and walked back and forth in the room and then got on the bed and stretched out upon him once more. The boy sneezed seven times and opened his eyes. Elisha summoned Gehazi and said, "Call the Shunammite." And he did. When she came, he said, "Take your son." (From the NIV Bible, 2 Kings 4:30-36)"

to be continued

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-12-2010
    At

Jesus' dead body never caused for any dead to come back to life, but Elisha's did:

"Elisha died and was buried. Now Moabite raiders used to enter the country every spring. Once while some Israelites were burying a man, suddenly they saw a band of raiders; so they threw the man's body into Elisha's tomb. When the body touched Elisha's bones, the man came to life and stood up on his feet. Hazael king of Aram oppressed Israel throughout the reign of Jehoahaz. (From the NIV Bible, 2 Kings 13:20-22)"

Creating life:

Jesus only restored life, but never actually created one from scratch. Moses, however, did create a live snake from a wooden stick:

"Then the LORD said to him, "What is that in your hand?" "A staff," he replied. The LORD said, "Throw it on the ground." Moses threw it on the ground and it became a snake, and he ran from it. Then the LORD said to him, "Reach out your hand and take it by the tail." So Moses reached out and took hold of the snake and it turned back into a staff in his hand. (From the NIV Bible, Exodus 4:2-4)"

to be continued

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-12-2010
    At

Curing the blind:

"When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. "Oh, my lord, what shall we do?" the servant asked. "Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them." And Elisha prayed, "O LORD , open his eyes so he may see." Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. As the enemy came down toward him, Elisha prayed to the LORD , "Strike these people with blindness." So he struck them with blindness, as Elisha had asked. Elisha told them, "This is not the road and this is not the city. Follow me, and I will lead you to the man you are looking for." And he led them to Samaria. After they entered the city, Elisha said, "LORD , open the eyes of these men so they can see." Then the LORD opened their eyes and they looked, and there they were, inside Samaria. When the king of Israel saw them, he asked Elisha, "Shall I kill them, my father? Shall I kill them?" "Do not kill them," he answered. "Would you kill men you have captured with your own sword or bow? Set food and water before them so that they may eat and drink and then go back to their master." So he prepared a great feast for them, and after they had finished eating and drinking, he sent them away, and they returned to their master. So the bands from Aram stopped raiding Israel's territory. Some time later, Ben-Hadad king of Aram mobilized his entire army and marched up and laid siege to Samaria. (From the NIV Bible, 2 Kings 6:15-24)"

Healing leprosy:

"Elisha sent a messenger to say to him, "Go, wash yourself seven times in the Jordan, and your flesh will be restored and you will be cleansed." But Naaman went away angry and said, "I thought that he would surely come out to me and stand and call on the name of the LORD his God, wave his hand over the spot and cure me of my leprosy. Are not Abana and Pharpar, the rivers of Damascus, better than any of the waters of Israel? Couldn't I wash in them and be cleansed?" So he turned and went off in a rage. Naaman's servants went to him and said, "My father, if the prophet had told you to do some great thing, would you not have done it? How much more, then, when he tells you, 'Wash and be cleansed'!" So he went down and dipped himself in the Jordan seven times, as the man of God had told him, and his flesh was restored and became clean like that of a young boy. (From the NIV Bible, 2 Kings 5:10-14)"

Feeding hundreds with few loafs of bread:

Feeding hundreds with few loafs of bread:

"A man came from Baal Shalishah, bringing the man of God twenty loaves of barley bread baked from the first ripe grain, along with some heads of new grain. "Give it to the people to eat," Elisha said. "How can I set this before a hundred men?" his servant asked. But Elisha answered, "Give it to the people to eat. For this is what the LORD says: 'They will eat and have some left over.' " Then he set it before them, and they ate and had some left over, according to the word of the LORD. (From the NIV Bible, 2 Kings 4:42-44)"

to be continued

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-12-2010
    At

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

عندما عرضت الموضوع في ملتقى البشارة كان رد احد الأعضاء التالي

when i presented this topic in albshara forum one of the members told me that when he presented this topic to Christians they answered him by the following
    Quote Originally Posted by محمد زيدان View Post
    حينما عرضت ذلك على نصارى الغرب كان ردهم كالتالى::

Luke 4: 31-37 The demons know who Jesus is and tremble. Mohamed , they have not been given grace as mankind has. The demons are already assigned a place of everlasting punishment for offenses against the Holy One. Here is what a demon said to Jesus:

Luke 4:31 Then He went down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and was teaching them on the ‎... مشاهدة المزيد‎Sabbaths. 32 And they were astonished at His teaching, for His word was with authority. 33kNow in the synagogue there was a man who had a spirit of an unclean demon. And he cried out with a loud voice, 34 saying, “Let us alone! What have we to do with You, Jesus of Nazareth? Did You come to destroy us? lI know who You are— the Holy One of God!”

35 But Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be quiet, and come out of him!” And when the demon had thrown him in their midst, it came out of him and did not hurt him. 36 Then they were all amazed and spoke among themselves, saying, “What a word this is! For with authority and power He commands the unclean spirits, and they come out.” 37 And the report about Him went out into every place in the surrounding region.

So if you are going to quote the Bible to prove a point, please do it in con####, Mohamed. Jesus also said in this passage: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many cas You have given Him. John 17: 1,2

Jesus asks ‎... مشاهدة المزيد‎the Father to glorify Him. Why would Jesus ask God to do this if only God can have glory? God also has given Jesus authority over all flesh. (that would include Mohammed) It also says that Jesus asks God that Jesus shuld give eternal life to as many as God has given Him.

How can we know Jesus, Mohamed, to have eternal life? The Bible says here that Jesus prayed not only for His disciples, but for those who would believe on Him through their Word. He says thererfore the wolrd hated them.(They were martyred and persecuted.)

He says they are not of this world, even as HE IS NOT OF THIS WORLD.
    Jesus says God's Word is truth. Do you believe Jesus, Mohamed?

Who is it that takes away the sins of the world? In that same book of John, John the Baptist says: John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

Now how could a sinful person take away sin? No, this person had to be sinless. This person had to be God alone Who could fulfill His Law.

Matt. 1: 18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. 19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not wanting zto make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly. 20 But while he thought about these ‎... مشاهدة المزيد‎things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, afor that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. 21 And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name 8esus,cfor He will save His people from their sins.”

John 10:22 Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter. 23 And Jesus walked in the temple, tin Solomon‎... مشاهدة المزيد‎’s porch. 24 Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, “How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.”

25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep,as I said to you. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”

John 8: 54: Jesus answered,r‎... مشاهدة المزيد‎“If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God. 55 Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, ‘I do not know Him,’ I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word. 56 Your father Abraham vrejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”

57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”

58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Jesus is I AM.

كيف يكون الرد على آياتهم تلك...؟؟

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-12-2010
    At

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

and i answer them by the following

Luke 4: 31-37 The demons know who Jesus is and tremble. Mohamed , they have not been given grace as mankind has. The demons are already assigned a place of everlasting punishment for offenses against the Holy One. Here is what a demon said to Jesus

This claim could never be a prove that Jesus is a God because many of Allah Almighty's Messengers performed miracles to prove to their people that they were Truthful and were indeed sent by Allah Almighty. But however, these wonderful Miracles died when their Prophets' died. They are not useful for us today.

Moreover lets see Who in the bible did those miracles too

Mark 3-New International Version
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...03&version=NIV
    14He appointed twelve—designating them apostles that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach 15and to have authority to drive out demons.
    So as we can see that also the Disciples of Jesus also did that
    In addition Jesus promised every one who have faith will do what he did and even greater miracles

John 14 New International Version
    12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these

So do you have Faith ??
    Can you do some miracles to prove to us that the bible is from God ??

Moreover lets see what Jesus said
    Matthew 17 -New International Version
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...17&version=NIV
    19Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, "Why couldn't we drive it out?"

20He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Wow if you have a faith as small as a mustard seed you can do great miracles

to be continued

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-12-2010
    At

I know that some Luke 4: 31-37 The demons know who Jesus is and tremble. Mohamed , they have not been given grace as mankind has. The demons are already assigned a place of everlasting punishment for offenses against the Holy One. Here is what a demon said to Jesus:

Luke 4:31 Then He went down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and was teaching them on the ‎... مشاهدة المزيد‎Sabbaths. 32 And they were astonished at His teaching, for His word was with authority. 33kNow in the synagogue there was a man who had a spirit of an unclean demon. And he cried out with a loud voice, 34 saying, “Let us alone! What have we to do with You, Jesus of Nazareth? Did You come to destroy us? lI know who You are— the Holy One of God!”

35 But Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be quiet, and come out of him!” And when the demon had thrown him in their midst, it came out of him and did not hurt him. 36 Then they were all amazed and spoke among themselves, saying, “What a word this is! For with authority and power He commands the unclean spirits, and they come out.” 37 And the report about Him went out into every place in the su

Do you think that if Satan called Jesus "The Holy One of God" that means Satan knew Jesus was divine. .

This is a very lame argument on the Christian's part. First of all, First of all
    , Luke 4:31- 36 says that the devil called Jesus "The Holy One of GOD". So how can Jesus be God of God?
    Holy one means a "saint"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_d...78380-320.html

It could also be referring to a messenger. For example, look at

Daniel 4:23

23 "You, O king, saw a messenger, a holy one, coming down from heaven and saying, 'Cut down the tree and destroy it, but leave the stump, bound with iron and bronze, in the grass of the field, while its roots remain in the ground. Let him be drenched with the dew of heaven; let him live like the wild animals, until seven times pass by for him.'

So when Satan called Jesus "The Holy One of God", it most likely means that he just called Jesus a messenger of God. As a Muslim I completely agree with this statement

Luke 4: 31-37 does not prove Jesus' divinity, it actually goes against it and proves that Jesus is, was and never will be God

to be continued

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-12-2010
    At

So if you are going to quote the Bible to prove a point, please do it in con####, Mohamed (peace be upon him). Jesus also said in this passage: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many cas You have given Him. John 17: 1,2

it seems that you're the one who is quoting from the bible what you want and even not completing the sentence

so I'll put the whole paragraph for you

John 17:1-3

Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent

So we once again see the same thing again, the father has given him power over flesh, over men, so Jesus giving authority to men is exercising the power and blessings that God has given to him. Taking a look at those verses also with a shadow of a doubt proves Jesus is a prophet, and his true message, which is to know the only true God and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent. In other words his mission was to show and prove THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD AND JESUS IS HIS MESSENGER.

to be continued

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information