Choosing Faith Dr. David J. Liepert

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

لمسات بيانية الجديد 10 لسور القرآن الكريم كتاب الكتروني رائع » آخر مشاركة: عادل محمد | == == | الرد على مقطع خالد بلكين : الوحي المكتوم المنهج و النظرية ج 29 (اشاعة حول النبي محمد) » آخر مشاركة: محمد سني 1989 | == == | قالوا : ماذا لو صافحت المرأة الرجل ؟ » آخر مشاركة: مريم امة الله | == == | () الزوجة الصالحة كنز الرجل () » آخر مشاركة: مريم امة الله | == == | مغني راب أميركي يعتنق الإسلام بكاليفورنيا » آخر مشاركة: *اسلامي عزي* | == == | الإعجاز في القول بطلوع الشمس من مغربها » آخر مشاركة: *اسلامي عزي* | == == | الكاردينال روبيرت سارا يغبط المسلمين على إلتزامهم بأوقات الصلوات » آخر مشاركة: *اسلامي عزي* | == == | لمسات بيانية الجديد 8 لسور القرآن الكريم كتاب الكتروني رائع » آخر مشاركة: عادل محمد | == == | الرد على شبهة زواج النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم من عائشة رضي الله عنهما بعمر السادسة و دخوله عليها في التاسعة » آخر مشاركة: محمد سني 1989 | == == | المصلوب بذرة ( الله ) ! » آخر مشاركة: *اسلامي عزي* | == == |

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

النتائج 1 إلى 2 من 2

الموضوع: Choosing Faith Dr. David J. Liepert

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2007
    المشاركات
    الدين
    الإسلام
    آخر نشاط
    08-01-2016
    على الساعة
    11:43 AM

افتراضي Choosing Faith Dr. David J. Liepert

Choosing Faith

Rediscovering the commonalities between Islam and Christianity
    Dr. David J. Liepert
    Authors Preface to the Second Edition
    I wish I could better express my gratitude for this opportunity to serve God. Allahu
    Akhbar!!! In it's first permutation my book was written to help my family, all of whom
    are Christians (and rather devout), come to terms with the reasons for my own change in
    doctrine, and hopefully to understand its inevitability, given what they knew of my
    character. I've always been intransigent about things that I think are right (My mother
    sometimes uses other words!). After I had written it and shown it to some Muslim
    friends, they encouraged me to consider that it might have some broader appeal, and so
    we published it in booklet form for free distribution at their expense, an act whose
    generosity to me is indescribable. I didn't want to pay to publish my own book, because
    even my own vanity only goes so far (I would appreciate any donations made to the
    Saskatoon Mosque by those of you who have enjoyed reading it). I am happy to hear that
    it is helping dialogue between adherents of Islam and Christianity, and I am even happier
    that it is helping some people to be more curious about exploring their own Faith in the
    One God who made us all.
    In his foreword, my friend Rob asks some very good questions about why anyone would
    read the book. I've been told that every story is about a journey, and that good stories are
    about interesting trips. My book was about my travel from Faith, to Doctrine, to Faith
    and back again, but I realized after I read it in its completed form that I didn't actually end
    it where travelogues are supposed to, with a description of me back home again. In this
    second edition, I have tried to correct that by adding another chapter. I hope that it brings
    tha balance that I want it to.
    Sincerely,
    David Liepert

Foreword
    I have never written a foreword. David did not ask me to write a foreword. In fact, I'm
    not entirely certain what a foreword actually is or should be! However, for whatever
    reason, I felt strongly compelled to say something regarding "Choosing Faith".
    I do not intend to comment on the author's scholastic approach to his subject, nor do I
    intend to produce a dissertation critical of the manuscript in the context of similar bodies
    of work. I do wish to bring to the reader's attention a hint of what is to come (a
    forewarning may be the most appropriate term) with ideas to foster, appreciation of the
    arguments presented, and most importantly an understanding of the process.
    In this book, David courageously takes us through his journey of self-discovery, but with
    a twist. Unlike similar stories which begin with ignorance and hypocrisy and ultimately
    come to a rebirth of sorts, David starts and ends with a daunting fund of knowledge and a
    strong moral center. Where then is the journey? Where is the conflict that drives an
    author to write and the reader to read?
    In this story you will see anger, oblivion, hope and dread. You will see confusion. You
    will see joy. You will see a man who struggles with his spiritual masters, asking
    questions of himself and others about things that he previously had deemed
    unquestionable. These are not new questions. History is filled with men and women who
    have wrestled over a lifetime with similar ideas.
    What you will see is a very personal account of one man who has chosen from the
    beginning to walk with God, and who is seeking reconciliation and truth. David takes
    intellectually strong but spiritually painstakingly fragile steps toward his choice. In
    reading this book I challenge you to walk with David and through his eyes to see what he
    sees, see what he believes, and wonder.
    Robert Perverseff

Table of Contents
    Introduction
    Chapter 1. First Steps
    Chapter 2. My Life as a Baptist
    Chapter 3. Bringing Light to the Heathen
    Chapter 4. The Divinity of Jesus
    Chapter 5. The Nature of the Messiah
    Chapter 6. The Claims of Jesus
    Chapter 7. The Spirit of Wisdom
    Chapter 8. Jesus as a Divine Sacrifice
    Chapter 9. Jesus's Promise
    Chapter 10. The Epistles
    Chapter 11. Saint Paul
    Chapter 12. Why I am A Muslim
    Chapter 13. Why Islam?
    Chapter 14. End Notes

Bringing Light to the Heathen

I decided that if I really cared about them, I would have to change my Muslim friends into
    Christians. Since I made no distinction between faith and doctrine, I felt that by
    correcting their system of belief, I would be saving Muslim souls from the eternal torment
    of hell! I knew that although they were concerned about variations in the Bible's
    translation, Muslims still revered the Bible and considered it to have been divinely
    inspired. I knew as well that Muslims sought to worship and serve the God of Abraham,
    the same God as Christians and Jews did. I was certain that it would be easy to find in the
    Bible the specific chapters and verses that would show my friends where they had been
    taught incorrectly and so lead them to true knowledge and faith in Jesus. My task seemed
    to become even easier to me when I discovered that Jesus was already given the titles of
    Messiah and Christ in the book of Islam, The Holy Quran. Muslims, in my opinion, were
    all only one step away from Christianity!
    The first thing I did was read an english translation of the meaning of their Book. I still
    remember the fear that I felt every day when I would sit down, prepared for spiritual
    combat. I expected with every turn of a page that I would read some horrible blasphemy
    that would test my faith. Instead, I saw worship and respect for God and the teachings of
    all of the Prophets. I had always been taught that “Allah” was the name of a false God,
    but one of the first things I learned was that to Muslims, “Allah” simply meant “The
    Lord” and that Muslims gave no more reverence to this name than they did to any of
    Gods other titles, such as “The Most Gracious” or “The Most Merciful”. In fact, I learned
    that some Muslim scholars had recommended in the past that “Allah” not be used to refer
    to God at all in any language but Arabic. This had been done in an attempt to avoid
    exactly what had happened; non-Muslims believing that Muslims thought that "Allah"
    was God’s name! I remember thinking that the more I learned, the easier converting
    Muslims to Christianity seemed to become!
    The first Prayer that I read, instead of being some Satanic invocation said simply:

“In the name of Allah, Most Gracious and Most Merciful”
    “Praise be to Allah, The Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds:
    Most Gracious, Most Merciful; Master of the Day of Judgment.
    Thee do we worship, and Thine Aid we seek.

Show us the straight way, The way of those on whom Thou has bestowed Thy
    Grace. Those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.” (Surah 1:1-7
    “The Opening”)
    I was surprised. If I substituted “The Lord” for “Allah” as I was supposed to do, this
    prayer seemed the most “Christian” of supplications. This first Surah even talked about
    Grace, a concept that I was very familiar with from my Christian education. Since I was
    sure that I knew everything that I needed to know on the subject of God's Grace, I
    concluded that Muslims simply didn’t understand their own book and just needed to have
    it explained to them by someone familiar with the Bible, like me
    أهم نقطة لإلتقائنا أنا وأنت هي المسيح ..
    هل قال المسيح عن نفسه أنه هو الله ؟
    هل قال أنا الأقنوم الثاني ؟
    هل قال أنا ناسوت ولاهوت؟
    هل قال أن الله ثالوث ؟
    هل قال أن الله أقانيم ؟
    هل قال أن الروح القدس إله ؟
    هل قال أعبدوني فأنا الله ولا إله غيري ؟
    هل قال أني سأصلب لأخلص البشرية من الذنوب والخطايا؟
    هل ذكر خطيئة آدم المزعومة مرة واحدة ؟

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2008
    المشاركات
    الدين
    الإسلام
    الجنس
    أنثى
    آخر نشاط
    20-03-2024
    على الساعة
    12:55 AM

افتراضي

نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

معلومات الموضوع

الأعضاء الذين يشاهدون هذا الموضوع

الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)

المواضيع المتشابهه

1. choosing islam وهديناهم ... اخبار 2010
    بواسطة طالب عفو ربي في المنتدى منتدى قصص المسلمين الجدد
    مشاركات: 0
    آخر مشاركة: 14-09-2010, 08:48 PM
  2. Fundamentals of Faith - English
    بواسطة فريد عبد العليم في المنتدى English Forum
    آخر مشاركة: 07-02-2010, 02:00 AM
  3. Susan Boyle, 'David After Dentist' top YouTube in 2009
    بواسطة سعود العتيبي في المنتدى منتديات الحاسب الألى وشبكة الإنترنت