On Sha’ban and Ramadan

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

On Sha’ban and Ramadan

Thread: On Sha’ban and Ramadan

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    17-05-2024
    At
    12:48 AM

Default On Sha’ban and Ramadan

ishah (ra) said: “The Messenger (saws) used to fast until we thought he would never break his fast, and he would not fast until we thought he would never fast. I never saw the Messenger of Allah (saws) fasting for an entire month except in Ramadan, and I never saw him fast more than he did in Shabaan.”
    – Sahih Bukhari

2. When Allah’s Messenger (saws) was asked, why he fasted so abundantly in the month of Shabaan, he said: ‘(Shabaan) is a month to which people do not pay attention, between Rajab and Ramadan, and it is a month in which deeds are lifted up to the Lord of the worlds. I like for my deeds to be lifted up when I am fasting.”
    - an-Nisa’ee, see Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, p. 425

3. Abu Hurayrah (ra) reports from the Prophet (saws) thus: ‘Do not pre-empt Ramadaan by one or two days, except for those who have the habit of fasting regularly, in which case they may fast.’
    – Sahih Bukhari

4. Allah’s Messenger (saws) said: “On the 15th night of Shabaan, Allah, the Exalted, looks upon His slaves (with Mercy) and forgives everybody except the disbeliever and he, who holds malice for anybody.”
    – Bayhaqee, Ibn Hibban and Tabaranee

5. Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, “Start fasting on seeing the crescent (of Ramadan), and give up fasting on seeing the crescent (of Shawwal), and if the sky is overcast (and you cannot see it), complete thirty days of Sha’ban.”
    – Sahih Bukhari

6. Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas: The Prophet was the most generous amongst the people, and he used to be more so in the month of Ramadan when Gabriel visited him, and Gabriel used to meet him on every night of Ramadan till the end of the month. The Prophet used to recite the Holy Qur’an to Gabriel, and when Gabriel met him, he used to be more generous than a fast wind (which causes rain and welfare).
    – Sahih Bukhari

7. Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, “Whoever does not give up forged speech and evil actions, Allah is not in need of his leaving his food and drink (i.e. Allah will not accept his fasting.)”
    – Sahih Bukhari

8. Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle said, “Allah said, ‘All the deeds of Adam’s sons (people) are for them, except fasting which is for Me, and I will give the reward for it.’ Fasting is a shield or protection from the fire and from committing sins. If one of you is fasting, he should avoid sexual relation with his wife and quarreling, and if somebody should fight or quarrel with him, he should say, ‘I am fasting.’ By Him in Whose Hands my soul is’ The unpleasant smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. There are two pleasures for the fasting person, one at the time of breaking his fast, and the other at the time when he will meet his Lord; then he will be pleased because of his fasting.”
    – Sahih Bukhari

9. Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, “Whoever fasted the month of Ramadan out of sincere Faith (i.e. belief) and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his past sins will be forgiven, and whoever stood for the prayers in the night of Qadr out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven.”
    – Sahih Bukhari

10. Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle said, “Whoever prayed at night the whole month of Ramadan out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven.” Ibn Shihab (a sub-narrator) said, “Allah’s Apostle died and the people continued observing that (i.e. Nawafil offered individually, not in congregation), and it remained as it was during the Caliphate of Abu Bakr and in the early days of ‘Umar’s Caliphate.” ‘Abdur Rahman bin ‘Abdul Qari said, “I went out in the company of ‘Umar bin Al-Khattab one night in Ramadan to the mosque and found the people praying in different groups. A man praying alone or a man praying with a little group behind him. So, ‘Umar said, ‘In my opinion, I would better collect these (people) under the leadership of one Qari(Reciter) (i.e. let them pray in congregation!)’. So, he made up his mind to congregate them behind Ubai bin Ka’b. Then on another night, I went again in his company and the people were praying behind their reciter. On that, ‘Umar remarked, ‘What an excellent Bid’a (i.e. innovation in religion) this is; but the prayer which they do not perform, but sleep at its time is better than the one they are offering.’ He meant the prayer in the last part of the night. (In those days) people used to pray in the early part of the night.”
    – Sahih Bukhari

11. Narrated Jabir bin ‘Abdullah: Allah’s Apostle was on a journey and saw a crowd of people, and a man was being shaded (by them). He asked, “What is the matter?” They said, “He (the man) is fasting.” The Prophet said, “It is not righteousness that you fast on a journey.”
    – Sahih Bukhari

12. Ibn ‘Abbas (Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) journeyed during the month of Ramadan in a state of fasting till he reached ‘Usfan. He then ordered a cup containing drinking water and he drank that openly so that the people might see it, and broke the fast (and did not resume it) till he reached Mecca. Ibn ‘Abbas (Allah be pleased with him) said: Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) fasted and broke the fast, so he who wished fasted and he who wished to break it broke it.
    - Sahih Muslim

13. Abu ‘Atiyya reported: I and Misruq went to ‘A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) and Masruq said to her: There are two persons among the Companions of Muhammad (may peace be upon him) none of whom abandons the good, but one of them hastens to observe sunset prayer and break the fast, and the other delays in observing the sunset prayer and in breaking the fast, whereupon she said: Who hastens to observe sunset prayer and break the fast? He said: It is ‘Abdullah. Upon this she said: This is how the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) used to do.
    – Sahih Muslim
    Last edited by فداء الرسول; 15-06-2013 at 01:55 AM.
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

On Sha’ban and Ramadan

Thread Information