The Miracles of Jesus

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

The Miracles of Jesus

Thread: The Miracles of Jesus

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    20-03-2024
    At
    12:55 AM

Default The Miracles of Jesus

The Miracles of Jesus

Evidences that Christians use to prove that Jesus was divine is that he performed some mighty miracles. Such as healing the blind, curing the leper, and even raising the dead. They say how could such a normal man perform such activities if he was not divine?

Well for starters other prophets performed mighty miracles, an example would be Moses, he split the sea! Yet no one believes that Moses was God, rather the Christian believes that God blessed Moses with such a mighty miracle. We therefore ask Christians why the new set of standards when it comes to Jesus?

If anyone were to read the Gospels one would find that there is nothing about Jesus performing miracles, rather we get the complete opposite picture! Jesus' miracles serve as a proof that he is not God!

Christians often commit very big mistakes when they read the Gospels, they only read the part about the miracle, not the part that comes right before the miracle, and right after the miracle.

So since many Christians are ignorant of doing this, I shall do it for them, and we will read what Jesus did before he performed the miracle, and right after he did the miracle. Once doing this you will see that there is nothing divine about Jesus performing miracles, rather it is one of the biggest and best proofs that he is not God, but a prophet only.

With that said let us proceed to the evidence.

One interesting incident that occurs during a miracle of Jesus comes from Mark chapter 7:32:36. The incident goes as follows:

And they bring unto him one that was deaf, and had an impediment in his speech; and they beseech him to put his hand upon him. And he took him aside from the multitude, and put his fingers into his ears, and he spit, and touched his tongue; And looking up to heaven, he sighed, and saith unto him, Ephphatha, that is, Be opened. And straightway his ears were opened, and the string of his tongue was loosed, and he spake plain.
    So the people brought a deaf man to Jesus, the deaf man also had a speech problem which is common amongst deaf people. Jesus eventually heals the deaf man, and the man's speech gets fixed as well. Yet the most interesting part is what Jesus does right before he performs the miracle, I quote that part again alone:
    And looking up to heaven, he sighed
    So right before Jesus performs the miracle, he looks into the heavens and he sighs. Off course a Christian will leave this part out, all you will get from the Christian is the miracle part, not this important part that makes the matter clear.
    So right before Jesus performs the miracle, he looks to the heavens, and invokes God. The witnesses at the place see Jesus as sighing, groaning, murmuring etc. Which is him basically invoking God for the miracle, and God grants the miracle and the man's deafness is healed, and so is his speech problem.
    What does this all prove? It proves that Jesus invokes God for the miracle and that Jesus has no power on his own to do ANYTHING, rather it is God doing the real work, and God is just blessing his prophet Jesus to perform the miracle, just as he blessed the other prophets.
    Moving on, we all know that Jesus also performed several exorcisms; he was always healing people with demon possession. Although this isn't relevant to the topic, it is interesting to note how many demon possessed people there were among these Israelites, the supposed ?chosen' people of God! Even the pagan Arabs of the prophet Muhammad didn't have such a demon possession epidemic!
    Christians are so fond of telling us about this miracle, how Jesus threw the demons out, and that it somehow proves he is divine. However so why not let Jesus speak for himself, and why not let Jesus tell us how he performs this mighty deed? Well today is our lucky day, since the Gospel of Matthew chapter 12:22-28 records Jesus informing us of how he does this great deed:
    Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw. And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David? But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand? And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges. But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
    So notice the most important part of the incident, the part that comes right after the miracle. When Jesus healed this demon possessed man his accusers became suspicious and started reasoning amongst themselves, they had concluded that Jesus was using the help of other demons to do what he was doing. Yet Jesus refutes them saying such a belief is absurd, since satan cannot stand against himself since it makes no logical sense, and that a divided nation shall fall. After refuting their absurd claims Jesus tells them that he is performing these exorcisms by THE SPIRIT OF GOD. Jesus didn't say I am performing this by my own Godly powers, nay, rather he says he does it by the spirit of God.
    In other words when Jesus says I do this by the spirit of God it means he does this with the help of God, and the assistance of God. In other words God yet again is really doing the work, and blessing his prophet Jesus to perform this deed, just like he did with the other prophets.
    Let us now move on to what is perhaps the most famous and favorite miracle for Christians, which is Jesus raising the dead, basically bringing them back to life while they are dead.
    Christians assert that this must prove Jesus is divine, for how can he raise the dead? Well this is why God put me on this planet, to answer such questions. Let us read the incident about Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead, which comes from John chapter 11:32-43:
    Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled. And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see. Jesus wept. Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him! And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died? Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it. Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God? Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me. And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
    This is perhaps one of the greatest proofs that Jesus is not God, and is a prophet. Notice what is happening, Jesus is praying and calling unto God, and God eventually hears Jesus, and Jesus THANKS GOD for the miracle, and thanks God for listening to him, and that God ALWAYS LISTENS TO JESUS, which means that Jesus ALWAYS prays to God before a miracle, and that God hears Jesus' invocation and grants him the miracle!
    What makes this more interesting is that Jesus PURPOSELY PRAYED OUT LOUD SO THE PEOPLE COULD HEAR HIM, AND COULD KNOW THAT HE IS ASKING GOD FOR THE MIRACLE AND THAT GOD SENT HIM!
    So in point of fact Jesus is trying to make it crystal clear that he is NOT divine, that he is NOT God, but rather God SENT him and that it is GOD who is doing the real work! Amazing isn't it?!
    Jesus makes things more clear in John chapter 17:6-8, he says:
    I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me
    Jesus says that EVERYTHING he has been given is from God, and Jesus says EVERYTHING has been GIVEN to him! A double proof that he is not God, and crystal clear proof that God granted all the miracles to Jesus, and that all power really belongs to God, and not to his prophet Jesus.

So every miracle, from healing the blind to walking on water to calming the seas, all of this was from God, and God blessing Jesus. It was not Jesus' own supposed divine power, he had none. Rather God gave him such miracles, and God gave him such miracles only after Jesus invoked and prayed to God for them, and was thankful after receiving them.

And if it couldn't get any more clearer, here is what the disciples and apostles believed:

Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: (Acts 2:22)

Jesus, the man approved by God, and the man whom God used to show the miracles and signs. This passage makes it 100% clear that Jesus wasn't doing the miracles by his own supposed divine power, rather God did the work through him, which when you put with all the other verses I have showed you means that God granted the miracles to Jesus, and God was really the one in charge, Jesus was just the medium being used.

So to conclude, Christians will only tell you about the miracles, Christians will not tell you about the most important parts, the parts which I just showed you, the parts which conclusively prove that Jesus is not God, but is a prophet of God, and as the apostles said, a man approved by God.

And Allah Knows Best!
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    20-03-2024
    At

In Jesus' Name!
    Sami Zaatari

Christians argue that since the disciples casted out demons in Jesus' name, as well as working miracles in his name, he must God! One such example is the following:
    And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. (Mark 9:38-39)
    They will quote other passages of the disciples doing the same in Jesus' name, and they will then conclude that Jesus is God because they are doing things by his name.
    So is Jesus God because miracles and wonders are done in his name? Not exactly, if one consults the Greek text, the Greek word that is used for name is called ?Onoma. Now in the Greek language the word ONOMA can mean the following:
    1) name: univ. of proper names
    2) the name is used for everything which the name covers, everything the thought or feeling of which is aroused in the mind by mentioning, hearing, remembering, the name, i.e. for one's rank, authority, interests, pleasure, command, excellences, deeds etc.
    3) persons reckoned up by name
    4) the cause or reason named: on this account, because he suffers as a Christian, for this reason

So one of the meanings of the Greek word Onoma is a cause or reason. So from this we can easily conclude that when people performed miracles in Jesus' name, we can say that they actually performed miracles in Jesus' cause, and the cause of Jesus is the cause of God.

Jesus constantly said that he is doing the will of God, doing what God tells him, as we read:

Jhn 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Jhn 7:28 Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not.

Jhn 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father'swhich sent me.

.Jhn 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

Jhn 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

Jhn 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
    So as you can see, Jesus came in the cause of God, to do the will of God, and he does what God tells him to do. So essentially working in the name of Jesus is working in the cause of Jesus, and the cause of Jesus is the cause of God.

And Allah Knows Best!

اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    07:22 PM

I don't want to rain on your parade here..but Christians already know and believe that Jesus received his power to perform miracles from God. We already know that all Jesus was he was because of God. We already know that there is but One God...that's Yahweh. The God of Abraham, Moses and all the Prophets. Your chosen author in this case has based his article on what he believes Christians believe...next you'll be saying we see Jesus as a God..( raises eyes heavenward with a incredulous look before shaking ones head in disbelief)

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    20-03-2024
    At

Quote Originally Posted by pandora View Post
    I don't want to rain on your parade here..but Christians already know and believe that Jesus received his power to perform miracles from God. We already know that all Jesus was he was because of God. We already know that there is but One God...that's Yahweh. The God of Abraham, Moses and all the Prophets. Your chosen author in this case has based his article on what he believes Christians believe...next you'll be saying we see Jesus as a God..( raises eyes heavenward with a incredulous look before shaking ones head in disbelief)

Very beautiful, the subject prompt Christians who say that Jesus is God

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    24-09-2015
    At
    02:19 AM

@ Pandora
    When you talk about Prophet Muhamed (Peace be upon him) show respect and use the word " the prophet of Islam" and choose a more decent way please.
    من هنا نبدأ ... وفي الجنة نلتقي
    إن شاء الله

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    24-09-2015
    At
    02:19 AM

We know Jesus miracles very well.
    But I 'd like to ask you which kind of miracles he did on the cross while he was being crucified?
    من هنا نبدأ ... وفي الجنة نلتقي
    إن شاء الله

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Quote Originally Posted by Authentic Man View Post
    @ Pandora
    When you talk about Prophet Muhamed (Peace be upon him) show respect and use the word " the prophet of Islam" and choose a more decent way please.
    Accept my apologies for any offence caused. I assure you it was unintentional. May I nearby take this opportunity to request the the same respect is shown to the Biblical Prophets. Phrased such as Liars, Fornicators and adulterers are not seemly and certainly not cause for approval or congratulations on a job well done.

The giving and taking of offence goes both ways.

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Quote Originally Posted by Authentic Man View Post
    We know Jesus miracles very well.
    But I 'd like to ask you which kind of miracles he did on the cross while he was being crucified?
    You may know some of the miracles of Jesus. Although may not understand their significance.

You ask what kind of miracle he did on the cross...The greatest miracle of all..man kinds salvation.

I know it is very hard for muslims to accept the crucifixion because you cannot see the reason for it. I have oft heard if Jesus was God why did he not rescue himself? Jesus did not rescue himself from the cross because to do so would have been to re-commit Adam's sin, which he came to earth to undo. As such, it was his conscious choice to remain crucified.

Adam's sin was self-salvation. He was told that by partaking of the fruit from the forbidden tree he would be like God.

But by remaining on the cross Jesus SUBMITTED FULLY to God. Because only God gives life. And THAT was Adam's sin, the failure to submit.

Jesus was acting according to God the Fathers will. It's what we all should be striving to do each day of our lives.

The Miracles of Jesus

Thread Information