?Why Prophet Muhammad Married Aisha When She Was Only 9

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: ?Why Prophet Muhammad Married Aisha When She Was Only 9

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    03-09-2013
    At
    06:26 PM

Default ?Why Prophet Muhammad Married Aisha When She Was Only 9

Why Prophet Muhammad Married Aisha When She

Was Only 9?

1-It was a divine inspiration:
    Before describing the rationale behind this married relation, let it be known that the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) married Sayyida Aisha not of his own desire rather it was a Divine inspiration. Read the following Hadith;
    Narrated ‘Aisha:
    That the Prophet said to her, “You have been shown to me twice in my dream. I saw you pictured on a piece of silk and some-one said (to me). ‘This is your wife.’ When I uncovered the picture, I saw that it was yours. I said, ‘If this is from Allah, it will be done.” {Bukhari :: Volume 5 :: Book 58 :: Hadith 235}

2-It was not out of his physical desires:
    The Holy Prophet (Peace be upon him) did not marry Sayyidah Aisha out of his physical desires. One need to note that for first 54 years of his life he had only one wife. His only wife till 50th year of his life was Sayyida Khadija. He spent his entire youth with her and she was a two time widowed woman, 15 years elder to him. For next four years his only wife was Sayyidah Sa’uda.
    3-Age of Marriage in Old Ages:
    One must first understand that 1400 years ago was very different than now, times have changed and so have humans. 1400 years ago it was something very common to marry young girls, in fact they were not considered young girls, and rather they were considered young women back then. It is a historic fact that girls from the ages of 9 to 14 were being married in Europe, Asia, and Africa, in fact even in the United States girls at the age of 10 were also being married just more than a century ago.
    Yet with these facts no historian claims that all these people were sick perverts, historians would call anyone who made such a claim to be arrogant and very stupid who has no grasp or understanding of history.
    Even in Indo-Pak Sub-Continent girls used to be married at 12-13 even 50-60 years ago. And those ‘girls’ infact raised much better families. There were less family problems then. A simple analyses of the divorce rate then and know would certainly make it clear that maturity level earlier used to be different i.e. people used to come of age rather quickly.
    4-Child Brides in Byzantine Empire:
    http://www.roman-emperors.org/aggiefran.htm
    Visit this link to see how common were the child brides in the Byzantine Empire.This article clearly states;”Child brides, whether Byzantines or foreign princesses, were the norm rather than the exception, especially from the late twelfth century”.
    5-The Pagans of the Prophet’s time:
    The fact that it was a completely acceptable thing can also be seen from the response of the pagans at that time. No Muslim or even pagan objected to the marriage because it was widely practiced. And even until today in 3rd world countries (Muslims and non-Muslims), little girls as young as 9 or 10 do get married. Anyway, the reason no one objected was to the Prophet’s marriage was:1-People used to have very short life-spans in Arabia. They used to live between 40 to 60 years maximum. So it was only normal and natural for girls to be married off at ages 9 or 10 or similar.2-Marriage for young girls was widely practiced among Arabs back then, and even today in many non-Muslim and Muslim countries
    6-Engagement with Jubair bin Mutim:
    It ought also be noted that Sayyidah Aisha ( RA) was engaged to Jubayr son of Mut’im before Prophet Muhammed (Peace be upon him. This indicates the age of marriage and engagement in Prophet’s time. However, the engagement was later nullified by Jubayr’s parents due to Abu Bakr (RA) embracing Islam.Doesn’t this indicate there was nothing bad in marrying a 9 year girl at that time?She must have been even younger when she was engaged to Jubair
    7-Sayyidah Aisha was fit for marriage:
    Furthermore as to the Holy Prophet’s marriage with Sayyidah Aisha, something people will notice is that the completion of the marriage was done when Sayyidah Aisha was 9 years old, not when she was 6, and there is a reason for that. The reason why this happened is because Sayyidah Aisha had been through puberty by the age of 9, and in Islam a female who under-goes puberty is considered a lady and is fit for marriage.
    If we read the hadiths, we find that right before Sayyidah Aisha got married off to the Holy Prophet that she was sick and not feeling too well:
    Narrated Sayyidah Aisha:
    The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, “Best wishes and Allah’s Blessing and a good luck.” Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah’s Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.” {Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234}

So as we can see, Sayyidah Aisha got ill and her body was going through some changes, indicating that she was going through her puberty.
    8-Sayyida Aisha never showed her displeasure:
    Another striking thing to observe is that among hundreds of her narrations there is not even a single one showing her displeasure about this marriage. Hence, she had no problem with this relation. Infect it is manifest from several traditions that she loved the Holy Prophet (Peace be upon him) too much and even felt some sort of jealousy when she found others around him. Does this not prove that she was extremely happy about this marriage? So, when she herself had no problem at all then what’s the matter of concern for others?
    9-A 9-year old Thai girl gave birth:
    A 9 old girl can become a mother. If you don’t believe me then see here is the proof;
    The news item is from the New Straits Times, 10/3/2001.
    In our world today, we still have people who marry very young girls. Why should we object to someone who married a 9-year old girl 1400 years ago, when we still practice it today? The girl above even gave birth at the age of 9!
    10-It was absolutely legal:
    Prophet Muhammad’s marriage with Aisha was 100% legal and acceptable by all laws and Divine Religions. It is important to know that girls during the Biblical and Islamic days used to be married off at young ages when they either had their first periods, or their breasts start showing off. In other words, when they turn into “women”, then they get married off. It was quite different for men on the other hand, because physical power and the ability of living an independent life had always been and will always be a mandatory requirement for men to have in life. So men waited much longer than women in terms of getting married. The guy had to develop both his body and mind before he was ready for marriage. That is why you see girls as young as 9 or 10 were married to men as old as 30 or even older. The culture back then and in many of the world countries today (NON-MUSLIM ONES TOO) is quite different than what you live in today.And there is no divine law which is broken in marrying a girl of nine at any costs.
    11-Her parents never objected:
    Sayyidah Aisha’s mother and the Muslim women back then were O.K with her marriage. It was part of the Arab custom and still is in many of the Muslim and non-Muslim countries today for girls to marry at a very young age. When a girl’s body starts showing up (her breasts and her height and physical size), then she would be ready for marriage
    The only reason why Sayyidah Aisha’s father, Abu Baker Al Sidique, broke her engagement with Jober is because he was a non-Muslim. Later, a woman named Kholeah Bint Hakeem suggested for Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him to marry Sayyidah Aisha, because the Prophet and Abu Baker became best friends. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) engaged Sayyidah Aisha for 3 years before he married her.
    12-Muslims never concealed it:
    Had there been any bad thinking regarding this marriage in minds of the people at that time. Muslims would have tried there best to conceal at that time. But they didn’t.
    13-Refuting unjust Pagan views:
    There were many baseless traditions in practice among the Arabs in those days. So Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was usually ordered by the Almighty ALLAH to refute such traditions through personal examples. Similar is the case of Prophet Muhammad’s marriage with Umm al Momineen Aisha (R.A.)
    1-For a bad omen, Arab considered Shawwal a month prohibited for marriage. Sayyidah A’isha’s betrothal and departure from her parent’s house took place in Shawwal. This changed the ridiculous custom.
    2-Another bad custom was that the Arabs did not give the hands of their daughters to those who they “called” their brothers (though were not actual brothers). This was the objection raised by Abu Bakr himself, when the Prophet (peace be upon him) made the proposal. The Prophet (Peace be upon him) then told him that a brother in faith was not an actual blood brother to be placed in the prohibited category.
    14-Great Wisdom behind this marriage:
    Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) marriage with Sayyidah Aisha at that age was indeed a great blessings for all the Muslims ever since. Most of the matters related to cleanliness, married relationship and other household issues have been cleared due to her narrations. She lived a long time after the death of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) and continued to teach the Ummah about matters of daily routine and great importance.
    15-What was Sayyidah Aisha famous for ??
    Well what was her specialty? I ask the critics.
    Was it beauty?
    Was it wealth?
    No it was religion!Thus proving the DIVINE LOGIC.
    Arwa Bin Zubair says, “I did not find anyone more proficient (than Aisha ) in the knowledge of the Holy Quran, the Commandments of Halal (lawful) and Haram (prohibited), Ilmul-Ansab and Arabic poetry. That is why, even senior companions of the Prophet used to consult Aisha in resolving intricate issues”.
    (Jala-ul-Afham by Ibn Qaiyem and Ibn Sa’ad, Vol.2, p.26)
    Also see this;
    Abu Musa al-Ashari says: “Never had we (the companions) any difficulty for the solution of which we approached Aisha and did not get some useful information from her”. (Sirat-I-Aisha, on the authority of Trimidhi, pg. 163)
    Last edited by مطالب السمو; 23-09-2012 at 07:04 AM.
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

Religion
    أخرى
    Last Activity
    19-11-2013
    At
    12:13 PM

Allright .. we can accept that she was physically prepared to marriage..

However, could someone pretend that she was mature enough to give birth to children and take care of them while she can’t even take care of herself ?!

By the way,, according to your historical references, Sayyidah Aisha was playing on a swing when her mom Um Roman came up to get her ready for the wedding night !!

She was playing on a swing!!!

let her get mature first !

I swear to God that you feel overwhelmingly ashamed when talking about this topic ,, it is just the blind biogetry that causes you to harshly defend it !!

Sincerely brother, would you accept this for your sister or your daughter ??

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    17-05-2024
    At
    12:48 AM

Quote Originally Posted by لاديني View Post
    Allright .. we can accept that she was physically prepared to marriage..

However, could someone pretend that she was mature enough to give birth to children and take care of them while she can’t even take care of herself ?!

By the way,, according to your historical references, Sayyidah Aisha was playing on a swing when her mom Um Roman came up to get her ready for the wedding night !!

She was playing on a swing!!!

let her get mature first !

I swear to God that you feel overwhelmingly ashamed when talking about this topic ,, it is just the blind biogetry that causes you to harshly defend it !!

This site including myself have already written a couple of articles regarding the prophet's marriage to Aisha, however so I thought it would be helpful of me if I wrote a detailed article on this marriage discussing the marriage and why it was something normal back then and nothing strange or bad.

1- Did the Prophet Marry Aisha at the age of 6?

Authentic Hadith reports do show us that the prophet Muhammad did marry Aisha at the age of 6, but they also show the consummation of the marriage was complete when she was 9 years old.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234:
    Narrated Aisha:
    The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 58, Number 236:
    Narrated Hisham's father:
    Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old.

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3310:
    'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old.

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3311:
    'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married her when she was seven years old, and he was taken to his house as a bride when she was nine, and her dolls were with her; and when he (the Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old.

Now some may object to this by saying how could the Prophet marry Aisha at such a young age. One must first understand that 1400 years ago was very different than now, times have changed and so have humans. 1400 years ago it was something very common to marry young girls, in fact they were not considered young girls, rather they were considered young women back then. It is a historic fact that girls from the ages of 9 to 14 were being married in Europe, Asia, and Africa, in fact even in the United States girls at the age of 10 were also being married just more than a century ago.
    Yet with these facts no historian claims that all these people were sick perverts, historians would call anyone who made such a claim to be arrogant and very stupid who has no grasp or understanding of history.
    Furthermore as to the prophets Marriage with Aisha, something people will notice is that the completion of the marriage was done when Aisha was 9 years old, not when she was 6, and there is a reason for that. The reason why this happened is because Aisha had been through puberty by the age of 9, and in Islam a female who under-goes puberty is considered a lady and is fit for marriage. Now some may say how does a girl go through puberty at the age of 9? :

When does puberty start? Although puberty usually starts between ages 8 to 13 in girls, it may start earlier or later. Everyone's body changes at a different time. Whether you have breasts at age 10 or have not started your period by age 14, do not worry. Everyone goes through puberty eventually. (http://www.healthtouch.com/bin/EContent_HT/cnoteShowLfts.asp?fname=07103&title=PUBERTY+IN+GIRLS+&cid=HT HLTH)

So note, a period for a girl occurs from the age of 8 to 14, though this is not always the case as a girl can also start her period by 14 or maybe 15. However so for Aisha it is most likely her puberty started at 8, and continued till she was 9, and once she was going through puberty and her menses, this made her a lady and not a girl anymore since she was fit for a baby therefore she is no child anymore.
    In fact early symptoms of a girl going through puberty is described as:
    You may get PMS. PMS or "premenstrual syndrome" is a group of changes you may see and feel before your period. You may have headaches, dizziness, or feel sick to your stomach before your period. You may feel like crying more, feel a little sad, and feel more emotional about everything. PMS may cause you to retain (hold onto) water. Retaining water means that your body tries to keep more body fluid in before and during your period. This may make your breasts tender and cause you to feel bloated, restless, or grumpy.

If we read the hadiths, we find that right before Aisha got married off to the prophet that she was sick and not feeling to well:

Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234:
    Narrated Aisha:
    The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.

So as we can see, Aisha got ill and her body was going through some changes, indicating that she was going through her puberty. In fact during puberty a girl will want to be away from her family, meaning her mother and father:

Want to be away from your family: During puberty, you may want to spend most of your time with friends instead of family members. You may feel embarrassed by your family or parents. You may feel like your parents have no idea what you are going through during puberty. It is normal for you to want to be with and dress like your friends most of the time. Just remember that sometime your family may be a better support for you than your friends. (http://www.healthtouch.com/bin/EContent_HT/cnoteShowLfts.asp?fname=07103&title=PUBERTY+IN+GIRLS+&cid=HT HLTH)

Aisha had no problems when she moved in with the Prophet, nor did she show signs of distress from being away from her mother or father, rather she was very happy, obviously not the type of emotion you would get from a supposed child now would you? A child will want to be with its mother and father, and if it is taken away from them it will cry a lot and will be very distressed, yet no such signs were shown from Aisha.

So therefore as we can see, there was nothing wrong with the marriage, Aisha was going through puberty, she was fit to have a child, meaning she was not a child anymore, and under God a lady who goes through puberty is officially considered fit for marriage, this is something that many Christians agree on as do the Jews.

2- Was the Prophet a paedophile?(astaghfurillah may God curse those who call the prophet such a name!)
    Now what is a paedophile?
    http://www.polfed.org/magazine/08_20...paedophile.htm
    "Low self esteem. Many pedophiles, although by no means all, do not have a great sense of capacity for adopting a sexual demeanor towards adults or those of their own age or older. They feel unhappy and fearful at the prospect of sexual behaviour with adults and hence turn to children due to the fact that they are unable to have the strength of personality to seek adults for sexual demeanor. When considering treatment therefore it is important to establish and develop a higher sense of self-esteem in such individuals."
    This obviously cannot be referring to the prophet Muhammad, the prophet sure did not have low self esteem, the prophet had hundreds and hundreds of followers and a person with low self esteem would not be able to do what he did.

Secondly, the prophet Muhammad did not have any fear of having sexual intercourse with adults, for instance Khadijah the first wife of the Prophet was much older than he was!

Safiur-Rahman al-Mubarakpuri's biography:
    Khadijah Bint Khuwailid:
    In Makkah ? prior to Hijra ? the Prophet's household comprised him [pbuh] and his wife Khadijah bint Khuwailid. He was twenty-five and she was forty when they got married. She was the first woman he married. She was the only wife he had till she died. He had sons and daughters with her. None of their sons lived long. They all died. Their daughters were Zainab, Ruqaiya, Umm Kulthum and Fatimah.
    Zainab was married to her maternal cousin Abu Al-?As bin Al-Rabi? and that was before Al-Hijra. Ruqaiya and Umm Kulthum were both married to ?Uthman bin ?Affan successively (i.e. he married one after the death of her sister). Fatimah was married to ?Ali bin Abi Talib; and that was in the period between Badr and Uhud battles. The sons and daughters that Fatimah and ?Ali had were Al-Hasan, Al-Husain, Zainab and Umm Kulthum.
    It is well-known that the Prophet [pbuh] was exceptionally authorized to have more than four wives for various reasons. The wives he married were thirteen. Nine of them outlived him. Two died in his lifetime: Khadijah and the Mother of the poor (Umm Al-Masakeen) ? Zainab bint Khuzaima, besides two others with whom he did not consummate his marriage.
    Let us see what else a pedophile is:
    "Lack of impulse control. Many pedophiles find it extremely difficult to deal with the impulsive nature which inclines them towards sexual behaviour to children. They simply cannot control their need for engaging children in sexual practices. They might be said to suffer from an obsessive-compulsive condition. Here again treatment would involve developing better impulse control and of course redirecting the sexual inclinations."
    Thankfully the prophet does not fit this description, in fact Aisha herself testifies to it:
    Sahih Al-Bukhari
    Volume 1, Book 6, Number 299:
    Narrated 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Aswad:
    (on the authority of his father) 'Aisha said: "Whenever Allah's Apostle wanted to fondle anyone of us during her periods (menses), he used to order her to put on an Izar and start fondling her." 'Aisha added, "None of you could control his sexual desires as the Prophet could."

Sahih Muslim
    Book 006, Number 2439:
    'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) used to kiss (his wives) while fasting and embraced (them) while fasting; but he had the greatest mastery over his desire among you.

If this was true on the prophet then he would have just had intercourse with Aisha when she was 6 and he would have also married several other girls at the age of 4-7 and had intercourse with them, yet he never did such a thing.

Other symptoms of a paedophile is loneliness, this is defiantly not true for the prophet, he always had people around him, from companions to his wives, he in fact never had much privacy! Also another symptom of a paedophile is someone who was sexually abused as a child or in some part of his or her life, this never happened to the prophet Muhammad.

Let us now see what the scholars have to say regarding the marriage:
    The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married ?Aa'ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) after he married Sawdah bint Zam'ah (may Allaah be pleased with her). She - ?Aa'ishah - was the only virgin whom he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married. And he consummated the marriage with her when she was nine years old.
    Among her virtues was the fact that the Revelation did not descend when he under one cover with any of his wives other than her. She was one of the dearest of all people to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and news of her innocence was revealed from above the seven heavens. She was one of the most knowledgeable of his wives, and one of the most knowledgeable women of the ummah as a whole. The senior companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to refer to her opinion and consult her.
    With regard to the story of her marriage, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had grieved over the death of the Mother of the Believers Khadeejah, who had supported him and stood by his side, and he called the year in which she died The Year of Sorrow. Then he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married Sawdah, who was an older woman and was not very beautiful; rather he married her to console her after her husband had died and she stayed among mushrik people. Four years later the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married ?Aa'ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), and he was over fifty. Perhaps the reasons for the marriage were as follows:
    1 - He saw a dream about marrying her. It is proven in al-Bukhaari from the hadeeth of ?Aa'ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to her: "You were shown to me twice in a dream. I saw that you were wrapped in a piece of silk, and it was said, ?This is your wife.' I uncovered her and saw that it was you. I said, ?If this is from Allaah then it will come to pass.'" (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, no. 3682). As to whether this is a prophetic vision as it appears to be, or a regular dream that may be subject to interpretation, there was a difference of opinion among the scholars, as mentioned by al-Haafiz in Fath al-Baari, 9/181.
    2 - The characteristics of intelligence and smartness that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had noticed in ?Aa'ishah even as a small child, so he wanted to marry her so that she would be more able than others to transmit reports of what he did and said. In fact, as stated above, she was a reference point for the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) with regard to their affairs and rulings.
    3 - The love of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) for her father Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him), and the persecution that Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) had suffered for the sake of the call of truth, which he bore with patience. He was the strongest of people in faith and the most sincere in certain faith, after the Prophets.
    It may be noted that among his wives were those who were young and old, the daughter of his sworn enemy, the daughter of his closest friend. One of them occupied herself with raising orphans, another distinguished herself from others by fasting and praying qiyaam a great deal. They represented all kinds of people, through whom the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was able to set out a way for the Muslims showing how to deal properly with all kinds of people. [See al-Seerah al-NabawiyyahfiDaw' al-Masaadir al-Asliyyah, p. 711].
    With regard to the issue of her being young and your being confused about that, you should note that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) grew up in a hot country, the Arabian Peninsula. Usually in hot countries adolescence comes early and people marry early. This is how the people of Arabia were until recently. Moreover, women vary greatly in their development and their physical readiness for marriage.
    If you think - may Allaah guide you - that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not marry any virgin other than ?Aa'ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), and that all his other wives had been previously married, this will refute the notion spread by many hostile sources, that the basic motive behind the Prophet's marriages was physical desire and enjoyment of women, because if that was his intention he would have chosen only those who were virgins and beautiful etc.
    Such slanders against the Prophet of Mercy (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) by kaafirs and others of their ilk, are indicative of their inability to find fault with the law and religion that he brought from Allaah, so they try to find ways to criticize Islam with regard to issues that are not related to sharee'ah.
    And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions. (http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=44990&ln=eng)
    A scholar on Islamonline.net Muzammil Siddiqi writes:
    Before answering your question, we would like first to state that through the centuries, the enemies of Islam have advanced numerous accusations and far-fetched theories to discredit Islam and its last Prophet, Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him). Praise be to Allah alone, all such accusations have been successfully refuted by the Muslim Ummah. It is no wonder that we see a group of some Christians reinventing accusations against the noble character of the Prophet about his marriage to young `A'ishah (may Allah be pleased with her).

We have forwarded your question to Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqi, former President of the Islamic Society of North America and Director of the Islamic Society of Orange County, Garden Grove, California
    . He states the following:

"The author of this flyer attacks the character of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) by using these words, "Prophet of God having sex with a 9-year-old girl." He is trying to confuse his readers as if the Prophet was not married to this girl or married her against her will. The Prophet's wife `A'ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) was indeed young, but he married her according to the traditions of his people at that time.

`A'ishah was most pleased with this marriage. She became his best supporter and learned much of Islam from him. She was a great teacher for many women and men of her time. Her parents were very pleased with this marriage. Historically, it is not confirmed that she was 9 years old when she came in the household of the Prophet. There are various reports from age 9 to age 24. Her maturity, knowledge, intelligence, and contributions during the life of the Prophet and afterwards all indicate that she was either an exceptional nine-year-old or must have been older than that. Whatever the case may be about her age, one thing is certain: she was a most compatible spouse of Prophet Muhammad. None of the contemporaries of the Prophet, his friends or foes, are reported to be surprised by this marriage or made objections to it.

The author should read his own Bible and ask himself how fair he is in judging Prophet Muhammad with one standard and his own prophets with another. If he thinks that a Prophet of God should not have a very young wife, then he should also reject Abraham as God's Prophet. If he cannot accept a 50-year-old Prophet of God having a 9-year-old wife (though I do not agree that she was 9), then he should also not accept an 86-year- old Prophet of God who slept with a young maiden of his own wife without marrying her, as the Bible says (see Genesis 16:1-16). He should then reject all the Prophets who came in the line of Prophet Abraham, including Jesus. He should also reject the whole Bible, Old and New Testament, because they both praise Abraham as a great person.

We as Muslims, of course, honor Prophet Ibrahim (peace and blessings be upon him) and respect his marriage to Hajar (may Allah be pleased with her). She was the honored mother of Prophet Isma`il (peace and blessings be upon him and upon all the Prophets of God)."

Another group of scholars also write:
    we'd like to make it clear in the very beginning that Prophet's marriage to `Aisha, the Mother of the Faithful, has always been a subject of attack and criticism by the enemies of Islam. First of all, we want to clarify to people who view this marriage as some sort of brutal act and child abuse that they should try to understand the main purpose of this marriage and the condition of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, before the marriage.

As for the purpose of this marriage, it was purely for sociopolitical reason. The Prophet's main concern was the future of Islam. He was interested in strengthening the Muslims by all bonds. This also explains the reason why he married the daughter of `Umar, his Second Successor. It was by his marriage to Juwayriyyah that he gained the support for Islam of the whole clan of Bani Al-Mustaliq and their allied tribes. It was through his marriage to Safiyyah that he neutralized a great section of the hostile Jews of Arabia. By accepting Mariya, the Copt from Egypt
    , as his wife, he formed a political alliance with a king of great magnitude. So his marriage to `Aisha could never be of anything save cementing his relation with Abu Bakr, `Aisha's father.

As for the Prophet's condition before this marriage, it clearly explained what we've said that it was a purely sublime aim and purpose that motivated him to marry `Aisha. That's why the marriage was not consummated until sometime after the emigration to Madinah, when she had reached maturity. The motives of this marriage can be understood to be anything except passion and physical attraction. However, he lived with her, in addition to Sawdah, for five to six years, when he was 56 years of age, without taking any other wife.

One important point we have to clarify here is that the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, when proposing to `Aisha, was not the first suitor, for, according to many historians, Jubair ibn Mut`am proposed to her before the Prophet, peace and blessings for him. This gives an indication that `Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, was mature enough for marriage at that age.

Giving more details on this issue, Sheikh Faysal Mawlawi, deputy chairman of the European Council for Fatwa and Research, states the following:
    Firstly, Prophet's proposal to `Aisha came through a suggestion made by Khawalh bint Hakim as a sign of strengthening the relation with his Companion Abu Bakr and confirming his love for him.
    Secondly, the fact that `Aisha, before the Prophet proposed to her, was being pursued by Jubair ibn Mut`am, indicates that she was mature enough for marriage, according to the prevailing tradition at that time, if not, the Quraish people, who would never waste any chance to insult the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, would have found this marriage as a golden opportunity to pour on him rain of insults. Rather they found nothing wrong in this engagement, and they received the news of the Prophet's proposal for `Aisha as something usual, and even, expected.
    `Aisha was not the first case, for many girls married at her same age to men who were at their fathers' age. Hala, the cousin of Amina bint Wahb was married to Abdul-Muttalib on the same day his son `Abdullah married Aminah bint Wahb who was at Hala's same age. Also, the Companion `Umar ibn Al-Khattab married the daughter of Ali ibn Abi Talib, may Allah honor his face, while he was at her grandpa's age.
    After the passage of many centuries, we find now some Orientalists who try to strike a comparison between the conditions of our present time and what was existing 1400 years ago. They are trying to apply the criterions of the Western society to that society that existed in the Arabian Peninsula very long ago.
    It should be noted that in the hot regions, it's normal for a girl to attain maturity at a very early age. Thus the case is totally different from that which does exist in the cold regions where a girl does not attain puberty before 21 [Physicians maintain that the age of puberty in the hot regions normally ranges from 9 to 16]. At all rates, it should be stressed that the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, on marrying `Aisha, never aimed at fulfilling a lust or satisfying a desire; rather, his aim was to strengthen his relation with the most beloved Companion of his.
    Had it been true that the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, aimed at fulfilling a lust or satisfying a desire, he would have done this while still in his youth when he was still free from the responsibilities of delivering Allah's call. At his early age, the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, accepted to marry Khadija, may Allah be pleased with her, who was 15 years older than him. He also never married a new wife until after her death. Even after her passing away, his new wife Sawdah bint Zam`ah was an old-aged widow who possessed no particular appealing qualities. This adds to our certainty that the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, had many great lofty aims behind his marriages. Also, when Khawlah bint Hakim suggested to him to marry`Aisha, the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, thought thoroughly whether to accept or to refuse. He took into consideration his relation with Abu Bakr.
    When `Aisha reached the Prophet's house, Sawdah gave her the first place and took care of her till her death.. Afterwards, `Aisha remained a faithful wife to the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him; her 10 years of marriage were of the life of a fully dedicated disciple, trainee and scholarly student in the noble Prophetic school. She was the source of knowledge for almost every Companion. She was of the main sources for revealing knowledge and information of the private life of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him. She was a big celebrity in politics and the best example of generosity.
    The Prophet's love for `Aisha was a sign of his love for her father. On being asked about the dearest person to his heart, the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, mentioned `Aisha. Then, on being asked about the dearest man to him and he, peace and blessings be upon him, mentioned her father, Abu Bakr.
    Almighty Allah knows best.

And indeed Allah almighty knows best!
    ww.muslim-responses.com
    Last edited by فداء الرسول; 25-09-2012 at 11:59 PM.

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    28-02-2023
    At
    01:53 AM

Surely I would have accepted with pleasure if any of them was going to have the honour of marriage to prophet Muhammed PBUH
    ( يا أيها الناس اتقوا ربكم الذي خلقكم من نفس واحدة )
    ثم وصف تعالى ذكره نفسه بأنه المتوحد بخلق جميع الأنام من شخص واحد ، معرفا عباده كيف كان مبتدأ إنشائه ذلك من النفس الواحدة ، ومنبههم بذلك على أن جميعهم بنو رجل واحد وأم واحدة وأن بعضهم من بعض ، وأن حق بعضهم على بعض واجب وجوب حق الأخ على أخيه ، لاجتماعهم في النسب إلى أب واحد وأم واحدة وأن الذي يلزمهم من رعاية بعضهم حق بعض ، وإن بعد التلاقي في النسب إلى الأب الجامع بينهم ، مثل الذي يلزمهم من ذلك في النسب الأدنى وعاطفا بذلك بعضهم على بعض ، ليتناصفوا ولا يتظالموا ، وليبذل القوي من نفسه للضعيف حقه بالمعروف على ما ألزمه الله له (تفسير الطبرى)

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    15-09-2013
    At
    01:20 PM

we find the reigns of europe get married in age that we judge is child 10 or 12 ,for exemple Isabelle of Hainaut (10 years) or Jeanne Grey

Religion
    أخرى
    Last Activity
    19-11-2013
    At
    12:13 PM

Surely I would have accepted with pleasure if any of them was going to have the honour of marriage to prophet Muhammed PBUH
    So, you would have no problem to approve the marriage of your 9 years old daughter to a man who is 4 decades older than she is !!

Isn’t that a violation of human rights, a violation of all the laws of mankind ??

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    17-05-2024
    At

So, you would have no problem to approve the marriage of your 9 years old daughter to a man who is 4 decades older than she is !!

Isn’t that a violation of human rights, a violation of all the laws of mankind ??

Puberty usually begins between ages 10 and 14 for girls, and ages 12 and 16 for boys. Some African American girls may start puberty earlier, around age 9.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/001168.htm

اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    10-05-2023
    At
    06:50 PM

أين الذين هم الرجال إذا دعوا هبوا وإن دوى النفير أغاروا
    يا مسلمون ومن سواكم للحمى إن كشرت عن نابها الأخطار
    الله أكبر في الحياة نشيدنا نور على درب الكفاح ونار

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    07:22 PM

I think it is interesting in this thread why you should feel obliged to excuse this marraige of Prophet Mohammed to Aisha. It is known that people married young at that age life expectancy was much shorter. Also girls were given in marraige to seal political alliances.

However just because a girl may reach puberty at an early age it does not neccessarily follow that she is ready and able to take on the role of wife. Physically her body may be preparing her for womanhood but emotionally she may not be ready for all that entails.

It is said that the Prophet Mohammed consummated the marraige when Aisha was nine years old, my today's terms we think too young, but then who can say it may have been common practice. It is also said that Prophet Mohammed married many women and did not consummate the marraige with all of his wives. he had the choice not to consummate the marraige with Aisha but just to love and care for her in a platonic way. he chose not to. Thus leaving muslims with the need to constantly justify his actions in today's world.

Why if Mohammed had so many wives to choose from did he seek the carnel pleasures with a child, but writings show that Aisha herself was ok with this so we can deduce it was a sign of the times they lived in.
    Why did Mohammed have so many wives when Allah limited other muslims to having no more than four?

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    17-05-2024
    At

I think it is interesting in this thread why you should feel obliged to excuse this marraige of Prophet Mohammed to Aisha
    There is a difference between justified and correct misconceptions (suspicion)

Why if Mohammed had so many wives to choose from did he seek the carnel pleasures with a child, but writings show that Aisha herself was ok with this so we can deduce it was a sign of the times they lived in.
    Why did Mohammed have so many wives when Allah limited other muslims to having no more than four?

We are tired of answering these old suspicions

Do you really can read

https://www.ebnmaryam.com/vb/t193367.html

https://www.ebnmaryam.com/vb/t195133.html

Now tell me the ethics of the prophets in the Bible

Adultery, lying, polygamy, incest ...

You may not comparison between ethics prophets of the Bible and the Prophet Muhammad

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread Information