Interview with Burninglight :. About the status of women in Islam and Christianity

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Interview with Burninglight :. About the status of women in Islam and Christianity

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Interview with Burninglight :. About the status of women in Islam and Christianity

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    13-09-2024
    At
    11:06 PM

lol.... I can't believe you think this warrants a good answer.. Who pray brought the muslims as prospective persecutors in this instance.. Why you did? Why
    Because even a tree falls in the Amazon , Muslims are the first to be accused .

But we know as Jesus never taught anyone than persecution was an OK practice
    Really ???

The teachings of Jesus says the opposite :

Luke 19 :27

But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me

I think you would probably agree that they do not represent Islam
    of course they do not represent Islam !
    You have to differentiate between the pacifist Muslims and the head's cutters !

Bit like the muslims who commit terrorist acts in today's world killing innocent people for their cause
    i advise you to read some history :

One of the most devastating wars in European history. The Thirty Years War began as a conflict between German Protestants and German Catholics, that slowly expanded to include most of the rest of Europe, with first the Protestant powers joining in to protect their co-religionists in Germany, and then Catholic France supporting the protestant cause as part of the long running Bourbon-Hapsburg rivalry (and before that the Valois-Hapsburg rivalry). The war caused massive destruction in Germany, and may have reduced the population of the area by half, in part because much of the fighting was carried out by mercenary armies that plundered every area they crossed.
    http://www.historyofwar.org/articles...irtyyears.html

The hadiths go even further in guidance on how best to chastise a wife
    you speak as if islam order the muslim to suspend his women on electricity poles !
    the beating comes after advices with a minuscule miswak like this :

the beating must be without Physical damage .

It seems like the pot calling the kettle black here. And the phrase glass houses and the throwing of stones comes to mind.
    the sacred scripture teaches you how to punish a women !
    the God of mercy order you to crunch her under the horse 's hooves !

2 Kings 9 :

33 “Throw her down!” Jehu said. So they threw her down, and some of her blood spattered the wall and the horses as they trampled her underfoot. 34 Jehu went in and ate and drank. “Take care of that cursed woman,” he said, “and bury her, for she was a king’s daughter.” 35 But when they went out to bury her, they found nothing except her skull, her feet and her hands. 36 They went back and told Jehu, who said, “This is the word of the Lord that he spoke through his servant Elijah the Tishbite: On the plot of ground at Jezreel dogs will devour Jezebel’s flesh

Men and women are equal before God in all things spiritual..
    if the men and women are equals in all spiritual things ; why it is strictly forbidden for a woman to run for the position of pope ??

peace with you .
    Last edited by *اسلامي عزي*; 16-06-2014 at 07:14 PM.

نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

أنقر(ي) فضلاً أدناه :

سُبحان الذي يـُطعـِمُ ولا يُطعَم ،
    منّ علينا وهدانا ، و أعطانا و آوانا ،
    وكلّ بلاء حسن أبلانا ،
    الحمدُ لله حمداً حمداً ،
    الحمدُ لله حمداً يعدلُ حمدَ الملائكة المُسبّحين ، و الأنبياء و المُرسلين ،
    الحمدُ لله حمدًا كثيراً طيّبا مُطيّبا مُباركاً فيه ، كما يُحبّ ربّنا و يرضى ،
    اللهمّ لكَ الحمدُ في أرضك ، ولك الحمدُ فوق سماواتك ،
    لكَ الحمدُ حتّى ترضى ، ولكَ الحمدُ إذا رضيتَ ، ولكَ الحمدُ بعد الرضى ،
    اللهمّ لك الحمدُ حمداً كثيراً يملأ السماوات العلى ، يملأ الأرض و مابينهما ،
    تباركتَ ربّنا وتعالَيتَ .

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    07:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by *اسلامي عزي* View Post
    Because even a tree falls in the Amazon , Muslims are the first to be accused .
    You sound like a well balanced individual ... A chip on both shoulders.. (Joke) because such a comment can't be taken seriously.

Really ???

The teachings of Jesus says the opposite :

Luke 19 :27

But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me

Have you heard of parables? Do you understand them? Well... This is one. As is the usual way.. you take it it's meaning as literal, thereby not understanding the context or the lesson to be learnt. I could explain this parable to you but really I don't see the point. Unless you would like it explained in which case I will do so. Your call.

of course they do not represent Islam !
    You have to differentiate between the pacifist Muslims and the head's cutters !
    Well, personally I don't believe they do represent Islam .. That's the point I'm trying to make.. When people do bad things in the name of their religion it does not mean they are acting according to the tenets of their religion. This may be hard for you to grasp but this applies to people of every religion.. Head cutters.. Not a nice term.. Can you think of something less descriptive?

i advise you to read some history :

http://www.historyofwar.org/articles...irtyyears.html
    What is the point of this? It has nothing to do with Christianity.. But some evil people who claim to be Christians. Here again you seem to believe that no Muslim ever fought a war.. Or killed other muslims. I guess you don't watch the news much then.

you speak as if islam order the muslim to suspend his women on electricity poles !
    the beating comes after advices with a minuscule miswak like this :

the beating must be without Physical damage .
    No.. I don't speak such.. It is how you choose to interpret my words to your own agenda. Would it not be better to advise men to refrain from beating their wives at all?..particularly as the beating should not cause any physical damage. It would make more sense if men were just told "To love there wives as you love yourselves..." Given that women in Islam are valued so highly.

the sacred scripture teaches you how to punish a women !
    the God of mercy order you to crunch her under the horse 's hooves !

2 Kings 9 :

33 “Throw her down!” Jehu said. So they threw her down, and some of her blood spattered the wall and the horses as they trampled her underfoot. 34 Jehu went in and ate and drank. “Take care of that cursed woman,” he said, “and bury her, for she was a king’s daughter.” 35 But when they went out to bury her, they found nothing except her skull, her feet and her hands. 36 They went back and told Jehu, who said, “This is the word of the Lord that he spoke through his servant Elijah the Tishbite: On the plot of ground at Jezreel dogs will devour Jezebel’s flesh
    This has nothing whatsoever to do with the Bible teaching on how to punish a woman. If you even bothered to read what you so eagerly quote in context you would know that. Actually just google and read about Jezebel.. And why God ordained that her flesh be devoured by dogs.

if the men and women are equals in all spiritual things ; why it is strictly forbidden for a woman to run for the position of pope ??

peace with you .
    Thats catholic teaching... There are many women who hold positions of authority in other denominations within the church. That in itself has nothing to do with being equal before God in the spiritual sense.
    God, in no way views women as being inferior. God will reward men and women based on how they have served the Lord Jesus Christ while here on earth. There will be no marriage in heaven ... Jesus said...For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. Traditionally in most cultures on earth the man.. Being physically stronger, bears the responsibility as head of the family. Tradition is not ordained by God.. Maybe some men get carried away with their own self of importance and come to believe that are in some way superior. Strange that you don't recognise this fact in societies world wide.

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    13-09-2024
    At

You sound like a well balanced individual ... A chip on both shoulders.. (Joke) because such a comment can't be taken seriously
    Rest assured !
    I'm not drunk !!
    Perhaps you think i just finished the Eucharist's seance but i 'm not !!! (Joke)

Have you heard of parables? Do you understand them? Well... This is one. As is the usual way.. you take it it's meaning as literal, thereby not understanding the context or the lesson to be learnt. I could explain this parable to you but really I don't see the point. Unless you would like it explained in which case I will do so. Your call.
    Parables ????!!!!
    I don't think so!
    below a nice icon representing Jesus the God of mercy carrying a sword in order to kill The Prophet Balaam !
    the main source is an arabic-orthodoxe web site :

http://st-takla.org/Full-Free-Coptic...2_B/B_207.html

Not a nice term.. Can you think of something less descriptive?
    Beheading become current in the news today.
    Unfortunately islam is stigmatized by these scenes of horror .

What is the point of this? It has nothing to do with Christianity.. But some evil people who claim to be Christians. Here again you seem to believe that no Muslim ever fought a war.. Or killed other muslims. I guess you don't watch the news much then.
    I can't deny that !
    There are numerous conflicts between Muslims !
    Do you know why ???
    Because they did not respond to the commands of the Lord in the holy Quran !

the Lord says :

(( And obey Allah and His Messenger, and do not dispute and [thus] lose courage and [then] your strength would depart ))

the holy Quran 8 : 47

No.. I don't speak such.. It is how you choose to interpret my words to your own agenda. Would it not be better to advise men to refrain from beating their wives at all?..particularly as the beating should not cause any physical damage. It would make more sense if men were just told "To love there wives as you love yourselves..." Given that women in Islam are valued so highly.
    Have you ever read this before????

(( And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them ; and He placed between you affection and mercy ))

the holy Quran 30 : 21

This has nothing whatsoever to do with the Bible teaching on how to punish a woman. If you even bothered to read what you so eagerly quote in context you would know that. Actually just google and read about Jezebel.. And why God ordained that her flesh be devoured by dogs.
    Don't worry !
    I know very well in any context these words were told !

God, in no way views women as being inferior
    Are you sure ???
    Have you ever read this before??

Proverbs 11 : 22

Like a gold ring in a pig’s snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.

-------------------
    peace with you .

أنقر(ي) فضلاً أدناه :

وكلّ بلاء حسن أبلانا ،
    الحمدُ لله حمداً حمداً ،

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At
    07:53 PM

Are you sure ???

-------------------
    peace with you .
    Yes, he is sure and I am sure. This verse in proverbs is a figure of speech proverb for any people in any religion. My question to you is that Islam teaching men how to beat their wives so that abuse won't take place, but why doesn't Islam teach the men not to be their wives to avoid abuse?

Peace be unto you

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Rest assured !
    I'm not drunk !!
    Perhaps you think i just finished the Eucharist's seance but i 'm not !!! (Joke)
    lol... What's with mr angry face?

Parables ????!!!!
    I don't think so!
    below a nice icon representing Jesus the God of mercy carrying a sword in order to kill The Prophet Balaam !

if you don't understand parables fair enough... And I can see you obviously don't. I said I would explain if you wished but you thought better.. And introduced some picture of some icon which you seem to have concluded is of "divine origin" .. If you are really putting it forward as evidence of ... ? I'm not sure what?? and not a depiction of man wishing to interpret something which could be allegorical, metaphorical or symbolic manner.

Beheading become current in the news today.
    Unfortunately islam is stigmatized by these scenes of horror .
    Yes.. it's unfortunate

I can't deny that !
    There are numerous conflicts between Muslims !
    Do you know why ???
    Because they did not respond to the commands of the Lord in the holy Quran !

the Lord says :

(( And obey Allah and His Messenger, and do not dispute and [thus] lose courage and [then] your strength would depart ))

the holy Quran 8 : 47
    I really think we have a light bulb moment here, and we've reached a point of agreement. It's NOT the religion... It's some of the FOLLOWERS.. Of the religion.. Because they have chosen to put their interpretation of the message over what the message actually says. This is not just Islam and not just muslims. Not sure you get that part.... ;)

Have you ever read this before????

(( And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them ; and He placed between you affection and mercy ))

the holy Quran 30 : 21
    Yes I have, rather incongruous that on one hand you affection and mercy.. Then rules about chastising ones wife... Beating, weather light and to do no harm.. Is still physical punishment.. As the men is the one told to do the chastising and the woman is the one on the receiving end I guess it's up to you how you choose to interpret it.. Or do you go with the affection and mercy.. Or chastisement.. As a man you have the choice.

Don't worry !
    I know very well in any context these words were told !
    I'm not unduly worried.. However I very much doubt you do know the context... Did you check out Jezebel?

Are you sure ???

-------------------
    peace with you .
    Yes I have... Do you know what it means? Would you like me to tell you what you should learn from this proverb? As a side note it is not a judgement on the spiritual equality of women according to God.

Nature provides it own beauty to all of God's creation though we may not appreciate it in every case... Like in the pig, many would not see as beautiful..Adding a gold ring to the pigs snout doesn't change a thing it's still the same pig. The point of this proverb isn't pig beauty, but what makes a person beautiful or not beautiful. To try to be beautiful in terms of physical things never succeeds. Without the inner beauty of the soul and character, beauty is simply garnish. A beautiful women who lacks sense and moral discretion is not really attractive. If the beauty of the person doesn't reach inward the outward beauty becomes simply an object.

Real beauty is in the souls which shine so brightly through patience, humility, wisdom, kindness, respect and strength of character making one beautiful. This beauty can be found in what some may consider "ugly" as well as what some may consider beautiful... But who are we to judge. The natural beauty of the human body is a creation of God. He made women and men attractive to each other, and gave us the ability to see the inner beauty of a person. God's plan is for all humans to be eternally beautiful by taking on the divine character of God himself. He is goodness, tenderness, wisdom, righteousness, justice, and he is filled with loving kindness. He will give each of us such eternal beauty if we but seek it. Jesus is beautiful precisely because he became like his Father... He taught us that we could be as Him.

peace to you

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Parables ????!!!!
    I don't think so!

On further reading of this post I realise you think the person with the sword depicts Jesus Himself. I'm not sure where you get this impression, but to be clear the story of Balaam is found in the Old Testament, and the biblical account has it that the being sent with a sword to exact judgement upon Balaam was an Angel of The Lord... Not Jesus Christ.

Numbers 22:21-39

Balaam’s Donkey

21 Balaam got up in the morning, saddled his donkey and went with the Moabite officials. 22 But God was very angry when he went, and the angel of the Lord stood in the road to oppose him. Balaam was riding on his donkey, and his two servants were with him. 23 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with a drawn sword in his hand, it turned off the road into a field. Balaam beat it to get it back on the road.

Peace

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At
    07:53 PM

Quote Originally Posted by pandora View Post
    On further reading of this post I realise you think the person with the sword depicts Jesus Himself. I'm not sure where you get this impression, but to be clear the story of Balaam is found in the Old Testament, and the biblical account has it that the being sent with a sword to exact judgement upon Balaam was an Angel of The Lord... Not Jesus Christ.

Numbers 22:21-39

Balaam’s Donkey

21 Balaam got up in the morning, saddled his donkey and went with the Moabite officials. 22 But God was very angry when he went, and the angel of the Lord stood in the road to oppose him. Balaam was riding on his donkey, and his two servants were with him. 23 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with a drawn sword in his hand, it turned off the road into a field. Balaam beat it to get it back on the road.

Peace
    The OP says rest assure he is not drunk. What is worse than drunk is trying to prove most of the Scripture that came before Muhammad's birth is wicked and an evil corruption. It is sad that that is the mostly used tactic to promote the Quran. I rather be drunk on the Holy Spirit speaking in tongues any day.

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    13-09-2024
    At

lol... What's with mr angry face?
    Rest assured I'm not angry .

My question to you is that Islam teaching men how to beat their wives so that abuse won't take place, but why doesn't Islam teach the men not to be their wives to avoid abuse?
    What do you mean exactly !!!???
    Can you rephrase the question please?

It is sad that that is the mostly used tactic to promote the Quran.
    the God's words the( holy Coran ) does not need any kind of support .

What is worse than drunk is trying to prove most of the Scripture that came before Muhammad's birth is wicked and an evil corruption.
    Unfortunately these are the teachings of the supposed God .
    the christianity doesn't need any makeup !
    Not anymore !
    Even innocent children are massacred without mercy.

Ezekiel 9 : 6

Slaughter the old men, the young men and women,
    the mothers and children

Did you check out Jezebel?
    I've talked about her in the arabic froum .
    please check out the date !
    as you can see the thread was posted on 04-06-2014 .

"crush without mercy "

https://www.ebnmaryam.com/vb/t199762.html

Do you know what it means?
    yes i know very well what it means !
    Every pretty and immature woman is like a gold ring in a pig’s snout .
    of course this description applies to every beautiful and immaturate christian woman !

On further reading of this post I realise you think the person with the sword depicts Jesus Himself. I'm not sure where you get this impression, but to be clear the story of Balaam is found in the Old Testament
    I know very well that the story of Balaam is found in the Old Testament .

the angel who appeared to Balaam is jesus him self
    jesus appeared to Balaam as an angel !
    this fact is stated by the arabic orthodox web site !

Name:  21-06-2014 21-30-47.png
Views: 166
Size:  247.8 KB

I recommend you also to read this :

In the book of Numbers, chapter 22 to chapter 24, God Himself came to Balaam. Jesus appeared as the Angel
    of the Lord
    and Balaam not only saw a vision of God.
    It is written that the Lord opened the
    mouth of the donkeyconfirming that the Angel of the Lord is indeed the Lord Himself.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21-06-2014 17-07-47.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	13765

http://www.bibleabookoftruth.com/Jes...lOfTheLord.pdf

peace with you .
    Last edited by *اسلامي عزي*; 20-06-2014 at 11:53 PM.

أنقر(ي) فضلاً أدناه :

وكلّ بلاء حسن أبلانا ،
    الحمدُ لله حمداً حمداً ،

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

I've talked about her in the arabic froum .please check out the date !
    as you can see the thread was posted on 04-06-2014 .

"crush without mercy "

افرم و لا تشفق عينك
    Talked about her that's good..I expect then you understand why God decreed Jezebel be devoured by dogs?

yes i know very well what it means !
    Every pretty and immature woman is like a gold ring in a pig’s snout .
    of course this description applies to every beautiful and immaturate christian woman !
    amazing .. I even explained it for you and you still don't understand!!!!!

[QUOTE]I know very well that the story of Balaam is found in the Old Testament .

the angel who appeared to Balaam is jesus him self
    jesus appeared to Balaam as an angel !
    this fact is stated by the arabic orthodox web site !

this may be stated as fact by your Arabic orthodox website but that does not make it fact.. The Bible clearly states ..

Balaam and His Donkey Meet an Angel

22 Balaam was riding his donkey to Moab, and two of his servants were with him. But God was angry that Balaam had gone, so one of the Lord’s angels stood in the road to stop him. 23 When Balaam’s donkey saw the angel standing there with a sword, it walked off the road and into an open field. Balaam had to beat the donkey to get it back on the road.

24 Then the angel stood between two vineyards, in a narrow path with a stone wall on each side. 25 When the donkey saw the angel, it walked so close to one of the walls that Balaam’s foot scraped against the wall. Balaam beat the donkey again.

26 The angel moved once more and stood in a spot so narrow that there was no room for the donkey to go around. 27 So it just lay down. Balaam lost his temper, then picked up a stick and smacked the donkey.

28 When that happened, the Lord told the donkey to speak, and it asked Balaam, “What have I done to you that made you beat me three times?”

29 “You made me look stupid!” Balaam answered. “If I had a sword, I’d kill you here and now!”

30 “But you’re my owner,” replied the donkey, “and you’ve ridden me many times. Have I ever done anything like this before?”

“No,” Balaam admitted.

31 Just then, the Lord let Balaam see the angel standing in the road, holding a sword, and Balaam bowed down.

The Lord .. Is God..YHWH.. The Angel of The Lord.. Is an angel.. A heavenly host at The Lord Gods command..Jesus is not mentioned by name.. You are putting words where they are not. The Lord opened the mouth of the donkey refers to God.. Who is unseen.. If The Lord opened balsams eyes so that he could see what the donkey saw.. Which was the angel of The Lord blocking his path with sword raised.. Was then The Lord in two places at once? There are clearly to beings depicted here.. Apart that is from Balaam.. The Lord and the angel of The Lord..Jesus was never an Angel.. Even the Quran has never claimed Jesus was an angel. You my friend are not making sense here.

I'll give your link a read though, it should be interesting to see what it has to say.

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    13-09-2024
    At

Slaughter the old men, the young men and women,
    the mothers and children
    any comment ???

Was then The Lord in two places at once?
    What do you think ????
    The Lord can't do that ???

You my friend are not making sense here.
    You have to protest in front of the christian web site who said that not in front of me !

أنقر(ي) فضلاً أدناه :

وكلّ بلاء حسن أبلانا ،
    الحمدُ لله حمداً حمداً ،

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information