Interview with Burninglight :. About the status of women in Islam and Christianity

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

بالصور: الكاتب المسيحى (روبير الفارس) يثبت احتيال رجال الكنيسه و ينسف خرافه معجزاتهم » Last Post: نيو | == == | فيديو: معجزة بلاغيه قرآنيه مستحيل تكرارها فى اى لغه من اللغات: تكرار حرف الميم 8 مرات متتاليه بدون تنافر!!! » Last Post: نيو | == == | موثق: من الادله الاركيولوجيه التى تثبت سماحه الاسلام تاريخيا » Last Post: نيو | == == | الرد على خالد بلكين في مقطعه القران ليس متواترا » Last Post: محمد سني 1989 | == == | القراءات العشر | المصحف المحفظ بالقراءات العشر » Last Post: ابو ياسمين دمياطى | == == | الرد على شبهة تضعيف حفص بن سليمان رحمه الله » Last Post: محمد سني 1989 | == == | موسوعة العقيدة والأديان والفرق والمذاهب المعاصرة - » Last Post: ابو ياسمين دمياطى | == == | موسوعة الفقه الإسلامي 2 كتاب الكتروني رائع » Last Post: عادل محمد | == == | الرد على التجسد في الإسلام » Last Post: *اسلامي عزي* | == == | 1700 فائدة حديثية منتقاة من السلسلة الضعيفة للألباني - جمع وترتيب حسن بن مبارك » Last Post: ابو ياسمين دمياطى | == == |

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Interview with Burninglight :. About the status of women in Islam and Christianity

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Interview with Burninglight :. About the status of women in Islam and Christianity

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    21-06-2024
    At
    09:50 PM

where is the text of the New Testament to explain the provisions of the inheritance?

Note:

Old Testament, women do not inherit anything

New Testament, women inherit like a man

Jesus came to violate the law
    Or
    The Bible interpolated
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At
    07:53 PM

Quote Originally Posted by شمائل View Post
    where is the text of the New Testament to explain the provisions of the inheritance?Note:

Old Testament, women do not inherit anything

New Testament, women inherit like a man

Jesus came to violate the law
    Or
    The Bible interpolated
    It speaks of loving your wife like Christ loves the church and that there is neither male nor female in Christ Jesus. Do you want the Bible references for this?" This tells us how a woman should be treated regarding all things, and not just inheritance. Why is inheritance so important to you?

Jesus didn't come to destroy the law; He came to fulfill the law!

We now what has been interpolated in the Bible, but you don't know what has been in your prophet's Quran or abrogated!

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    21-06-2024
    At

You do not know the laws of the dialogue. We must identify the specific points

You responded to my questions attack on Islam, if you do not know anything about your faith, how to talk about Islam

Note: I am asking you for your faith, and you are turning the question to attack irrationalnever

Now /

What are the provisions of inheritance in the New Testament complies with the Old Testament
    ?

Answer: You must be from the texts of the Bible, not myths

اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At

You do not know the laws of the dialogue. We must identify the specific points

You responded to my questions attack on Islam, if you do not know anything about your faith, how to talk about Islam

Note: I am asking you for your faith, and you are turning the question to attack irrationalnever

Now /

What are the provisions of inheritance in the New Testament complies with the Old Testament
    ?

Answer: You must be from the texts of the Bible, not myths
    I addressed each of your points and asked if you want the verses from the Bible but I thought you'd take my word that I can back up what I say. There is no point in giving you Biblical reference if you don't honor what is in the Torah and gospel which are the Scriptures that came before supposedly from Allah.
    There are no laws of dialogue, especially if you want to pin me in a corner with my hands tied to beat me up. Where did you see an attack on Islam in my last post to you? You made a comment that Jesus violates the law of God or the Bible is interpolated. I know what you are trying to say. It is obvious you don't believe Jesus said what He said in the Bible by your comment; so, you position is not that Jesus violates god's laws, but man as added to the gospel or Bible things God and Jesus didn't say. And I am telling you clearly that is not what your prophet said nor is that written in the Quran.

Muslims today infer that the Quranic verse stating they write things to sell for a miserable price is referring to the Bible but the word Bible, Torah or gospel is not mentioned in that verse. It is unclear like many other things that can be inferred from the Quran. I simply tell you truth and you take it as an attack. It is a fact that you cannot prove the Quran is perfectly preserved, because you have nothing that traces directly back to your prophet.

He died before the Quran was pieced together from fragments that were lost and in the battle of Yamane those that memorized it were killed and Uthman burned all the original Quranic material he could find and used Hafsah's copy to recompile it the way he thought it should be. He burned the originals so no one can check up on him; in fact, after Hafsha's death, her copy was destroyed; so, we can't even check to see how well he used the help of her Quran or text (Not Memory) to recompile the Quran everyone accepts as unaltered and cannot prove. Even if you could, which you cannot, that doesn't prove it is God's word.

FYI, I know enough about my religion and Islam to make a very good and informed decision where I should trust my soul.

Now, to answer your questions: I don't see anything that lines up exactly in reference to women and their inheritance in the NT and the OT, and I don't feel it is important enough to research. Maybe, you should address what it is in the OT and NT concerning the topic that you find strange or significant and I'll address it. There are differences from the OT and New testament. Things changed when Jesus came from shadows and types to the real deal and Jesus brought the real deal to us and God, IMO, wouldn't wait hundreds of years later to give us something (Quran) that doesn't match or contradicts the OT and the NT which are the Scriptures that came before.

It is not my problem that you take the truth of what I share as an attack on Islam nor will I let anyone tie me up in a corner to box my ears off about the Scriptures God sent first. I speak the truth in love like Jesus did and got killed for it, but He rose from the dead. Because He lives, I shall live and never die, and that is a Christians hope and glory. It's all Jesus!

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    21-06-2024
    At

I addressed each of your points and asked if you want the verses from the Bible but I thought you'd take my word that I can back up what I say. There is no point in giving you Biblical reference if you don't honor what is in the Torah and gospel which are the Scriptures that came before supposedly from Allah.
    Where are the texts of the provisions of inheritance in the New Testament?

Why is there a difference in the provisions of inheritance between Old and New Testament?

There are no laws of dialogue, especially if you want to pin me in a corner with my hands tied to beat me up. Where did you see an attack on Islam in my last post to you? You made a comment that Jesus violates the law of God or the Bible is interpolated. I know what you are trying to say. It is obvious you don't believe Jesus said what He said in the Bible by your comment; so, you position is not that Jesus violates god's laws, but man as added to the gospel or Bible things God and Jesus didn't say. And I am telling you clearly that is not what your prophet said nor is that written in the Quran.
    Rules dialogue ..

We are talking about the provisions of the inheritance in Christianity

Why move to Islam?

I will answer any question about Muslim women, but you do not run away from reply

I'm always out of the question according to the Koran and the words of the Prophet (peace be upon him), you're either not to have any substantive response

Now:

Are you ready for dialogue on women in Christianity and Islam

And respect for the talking points without exceeding?

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At

Why is there a difference in the provisions of inheritance between Old and New Testament?
    Why is there a difference between the Torah Allah sent down and the Quran on this subject?

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    21-06-2024
    At

Why is there a difference between the Torah Allah sent down and the Quran on this subject?
    Reminder: the laws of dialogue

We are talking about the provisions of the inheritance in Christianity

Why move to Islam?

I will answer any question about Muslim women, but you do not run away from reply

I'm always out of the question according to the Koran and the words of the Prophet (peace be upon him), you're either not to have any substantive response

Now:

Note:

You do not believe that the Koran is the word of God, so do not try the comparisonbetween the Bible and the Koran

We believe that the Bible typeface. Cause of the difference between the Bible and the Koran

Among the Jews are those who distort words from their [proper] usages and say, "We hear and disobey" and "Hear but be not heard" and "Ra'ina," twisting their tongues and defaming the religion. And if they had said [instead], "We hear and obey" and "Wait for us [to understand]," it would have been better for them and more suitable. But Allah has cursed them for their disbelief, so they believe not, except for a few

Indeed, they who conceal what Allah has sent down of the Book and exchange it for a small price - those consume not into their bellies except the Fire. And Allah will not speak to them on the Day of Resurrection, nor will He purify them. And they will have a painful punishment.

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At

Okay to answer your question. It seems that women were treated as second class although in the OT some women were held in very high regard In the New testament God brings a clearer picture that women share in all that men do in the hereafter. The NT doesn't deny that women were made for men being God's first creation and the fact that a woman was the first to sin against God. There were consequences for that.
    Legal inheritance refers to actual property or goods received after a family member's death. While Jewish inheritance customs were linked to family blood lines, Greek and Roman laws also provided for the disposition of family possessions through the adoption of an heir. The Scriptures transform the concept of inheritance to include the acquisition of spiritual blessings and promises from God.
    The Old Testament. The Old Testament is rich in its usage of the inheritance metaphor. The terms for inheritance occur over two hundred times, most frequently in Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, and Psalms. While Jewish inheritance laws were specific and complete ( Num27:8-11 ), almost all references to inheritance in the Old Testament are theological, not legal.
    In the theological sense, to inherit means to "receive an irrevocable gift"with an emphasis on the special relationship between the benefactor and the recipients. Unlike legal inheritance, the benefactor, God, does not die, yet he provides material and spiritual blessings for his people.
    The focus of the inheritance concept in the Old Testament is God's promise to Abraham.The land of Canaan was bequeathed to him and his descendants as an eternal possession ( Gen 12:7 ). Eachfamily in Israel was apportioned its own inheritance as an inalienable possession (Josh13-31) and given the task to occupy the land ( Judges 1:3 ). As the biblical history of Israel unfolds, the promised inheritance specifies a righteous remnant who will inherit the world as an everlasting possession ( Psalm 2:8 ; Isa 54:3 ; Dan 7:14 ).
    From the promise of Canaan as Israel's inheritance came other aspects of the concept.The nation is described as God's inheritance ( 1 Kings 8:51 1 Kings 8:53 ; Psalm 78:71 ; Isa 19:25 ; Zech 2:12 ) whom the Lord will never forsake ( Psalm 94:14 ). The Lord is conversely described as the inheritance of the nation ( Psalm 16:5 ). The privileged position of Israel as God's chosen people placed them at the center of God's plans for blessing.
    Between the Testaments. In the interest a mental period the actual appropriation of this promise seemed remote due to the domination of Persian, Greek, and Roman powers. The reality of the inheritance of the land was deferred to the future and interest a mental literature emphasized the inheritance of eternal life and the world to come. The focus of the promised inheritance was less on national prominence in the present and more on personal participation in the future life with God. This idea was broadened in the rabbinic literature where having an inheritance or share in the world to come was aprimary aspiration of the Jews. A notable dichotomy existed between those who wouldinherit the future world (the redeemed) and those who would not (the condemned). By thetime of the New Testament, it was common for a person to ask a rabbi, "What must I doto inherit eternal life?" ( Matt 19:16 ).
    The New Testament. The legal-historical milieu of the first century provided an array of inheritance traditions. Jewish, Greco-Hellenistic, and Roman inheritance laws differed greatly in the meaning and implementation of their traditions. However, as in the Old Testament, almost all occurrences of the terms for inheritance in the New Testament are theological ( Luke12:13 ; is the lone exception ).
    Who Are the Heirs? Three major characters dominate the inheritance usage in the New Testament: Abraham, Christ, and the believer. The New Testament continues the focus on Abraham as a central figure of the inheritance metaphor. The initial promise to Abraham of the land of Canaan ( Heb11:8 ) is broadened to include "the world" ( Rom 4:13 ). While the fact of Abraham's inheritance is significant, the New Testament concentrates on the means by which he received the inheritance: God's promise and Abraham's faith, not by works of the law ( Rom 4:14 ; Gal 3:18 ).
    The second major character is Jesus Christ. His prominent position as the Son of God uniquely qualifies him as God's heir. He is presented as the heir of all things ( Hebrews 1:2 Hebrews 1:4 ) and the promises of God's kingdom are focused in him ( Matt 21:38 ).
    Finally, for the believer in Christ, heir ship is a natural result of justification: "He saved us, … so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life" ( Titus 3:5-7 ).Since all believers are children of God they are necessarily heirs of God ( Rom 8:17 ; Gal 4:7 ). It follows naturally that Christians are also heirs along with Abraham and Christ ( Gal 3:29 ). They receive their inheritance by faith as did Abraham ( Rom 4:13-14 ) and share in the inheritance with Christ as sons ( Rom 8:17 ).
    What Is the Inheritance? Throughout the New Testament, a striking promise for believers is simply "the inheritance" ( Acts 20:32 ; 26:18 ; Ephesians 1:14 Ephesians 1:18 ; Col 3:24 ).Generally, the promise refers to the possession of salvation ( Heb 1:14 ). The believer's inheritance is described more specifically as eternal and joyful existence with God. Believers are promised "an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you" ( 1 Peter 1:4 ).Inheriting the "world to come" is a guarantee for all those who belong to God's family.
    The apostle Paul employs the inheritance metaphor more than any other New Testament writer. For him, the object of the inheritance is the kingdom of God. He never states exactly what constitutes the believer's inheritance of the kingdom, but asserts emphatically that unbelievers will not inherit the kingdom ( 1 Cor 6:9-10 ; Gal 5:21 ; Eph 5:5 ).
    The Bible is clear that inheriting eternal life is synonymous with entering the kingdom. At the judgment, the righteous will inherit the kingdom ( Matt 25:34 ) but the wicked will be eternally tormented ( Matt 25:46 ). The finality of the separation of those outside of the family of God is clearly seen in their lack of a share in God's inheritance.
    The concept of the believer's inheritance highlights the dignity of the family relationship of the believer in Christ. No higher position or greater wealth can an individual acquire than to become an heir of God through faith in Christ.
    by William E. Brown

http://www.biblestudytools.com/dicti...heritance.html.

The status of woman in the Old Testament is not uniform. According to classicist Edith Hamilton, the Old Testament writers considered women just as impartially as they did men, free from prejudice and even from condescension.[6] In the Decalogue (Ten Commandments) of Exodus 20, both male priority and gender balance can be seen. In the tenth commandment, a wife is depicted in the examples of a neighbor's property not to be coveted: house, wife, male or female slave, ox or donkey, or any other property. In this perspective, wife along with other properties belongs to the husband. On the other hand, the fourth commandment does not make any distinction between honor to be shown to parents: "father and your mother." This is consistent with the mutual respect shown for both parents throughout the Old Testament.[2]
    Double standard and male priority can also be seen in Moses' orders on what to do with the captured Midianites: "Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves."[Num. 31:17-18] The women of Israel were most honored and influential within the family. They gained considerable respect on the birth of her first child, especially if it was a male child.[Gen. 16:4] [29:31-30:24] Even here, she was honored because of her function of providing a male heir, not because of her value as a person.
    On a positive note, Proverbs 1:8 tells a son not to reject his mother's teaching, and Proverbs 31:10-31 eulogizes the ideal wife, even though she is idealized for her hard labor for her family. The laws of inheritance favored the male. A male Hebrew slave was freed after six years of servitude, while a different set of rules covered female slaves.[Ex. 21:1-11] If a man rapes an un betrothed virgin, he must pay her father 50 shekels of silver and then marry her.[Deut. 22:28-29] Judges 19 records a most degrading use of a daughter by her father. "The gruesome story of his using his concubine to protect himself defies imagination." Infidelity to God is portrayed as an "adulteress," not an "adulterer."[

http://www.womeninthebible.net/

It seems to me that Islam adopted or has been more influence by the OT view of women than the NT. Islam appeared to have borrowed from the OT in the treatment of women in dress and inheritance even in the way they see the the witness of a woman or the way they should cover. But it borrowed the virgin birth of Jesus from the NT Bible. The NT shows that women will ultimately share in all that the men do, because their is not male or female in Christi Jesus, but this is not the case in Islam. Islam's paradise is for the men with 72 virgin being at his beck and call, lol. IMO, this sounds like a man's fantasy and a vaporous fictional pipe dream that will go up in smoke. Jesus said you error not knowing the Scriptures in heaven (Only those going) we'll be like the angels who are not married or given in marriage.

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    21-06-2024
    At

Thanks for the reply, I am surprised at how you talk about Muslim women

While the Bible humiliates women in all fields: sin, inheritance, learning, divorce, and the penalty for adultery

Link which talks about women in the Bible

Do you know this picture?

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At

Yes, it does seem that the Abrahamic faiths made women the brunt end of fault.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information