Where is the “Christ” in “Christianity”?

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is the “Christ” in “Christianity”?

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At
    07:53 PM

Quote Originally Posted by شمائل View Post
    This is my objective, do not ask me not to comment
    I said "please" don't make comments that make no sense. I didn't say don't comment. You could at least be polite and ask instead of telling me what not to do. Is it not my option as well or "objective" as you would say to ask politely what you should or shouldn't do? If you can tell me what I shouldn't do in an impolite way, why can't I ask you politely not to do something? Christianity teaches us to respect and love people. My point is you are not adding anything constructive to the dialogue with you one-liner statements. Instead of being offended, why don't you deal with what is being discussed?

peace

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At

Quote Originally Posted by محمد سني 1989 View Post

The variations in the bible is actually central very central in fact and hits the core of christianity , here is one example :

3.The oldest COMPLETE NEW TESTEMENT
    Codex SinaiticuDating to almost 350 AD conatains multiple multiple variations , such as the resurection story in mark ends at :
    8 And they went out and fled from the tomb, for trembling and astonishment had seized them, and they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid.

The rest Does not exist , Check it out for yourself :
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...16&version=ESV
    That was for ressurection

Another example of simple addition and dishonesty in adding certain passages and senteces in the bible

Mark 11: 26:
    But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

does not exist in the earliest manuscripts of mark and was added later :
    This verse, which reads, “But if you do not forgive, neither will your heavenly Father forgive your transgressions,” is omitted in the best manuscripts. It was probably added by copyists under the influence of Mt 6:15.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...&version=NABRE

These are two examples : one central and the other minor

Even if this Codex Sinaitiu was reliable, I don't see how it hurts the message of Christ's death and resurrection. And they went out and fled from the tomb, for trembling and astonishment had seized them, and they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid. They were afraid of what? Was it because they didn't see Christ in the tomb? How does this take away from the death and resurrection of Christ? The point is we Christians believe the story of Christ's death and resurrection, and we put our faith in it. We believe Satan would have us believe it is not true. We believe in it as strongly as you do in Islam; so, both our religions can't be right. The judgment day is what I look forward to. I look at the fruit of both our religion, and I see more peace and love in Christianity. Jesus said you will know prophets by their fruit. I see the fruit of Islam in Iraq by how they are killing Christians and hanging their heads on poles. I don't want any part of a religion that does such things.

Peace to you

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    17-05-2024
    At
    12:48 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    I said "please" don't make comments that make no sense. I didn't say don't comment. You could at least be polite and ask instead of telling me what not to do. Is it not my option as well or "objective" as you would say to ask politely what you should or shouldn't do? If you can tell me what I shouldn't do in an impolite way, why can't I ask you politely not to do something? Christianity teaches us to respect and love people. My point is you are not adding anything constructive to the dialogue with you one-liner statements. Instead of being offended, why don't you deal with what is being discussed?

peace
    What do you think that the focus on the subject?
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At

Quote Originally Posted by شمائل View Post
    What do you think that the focus on the subject?
    The discussion was on where is Christ in Christianity. I stated that Jesus came to the Jew first, but His message was meant to be for all the world. The Jews were suppose to spread the word of God, but they rejected their Savior or the Message. Jesus according to Scripture is more than just a prophet. He is Lord and Savior. He is seated at the right hand of God and has been given all authority to where all things are His. That includes all prophets, messengers, priest, rulers and kings. God will not judge anyone, but has left all judgment to His son so that we should honor Him the "same as the father (God)." If we don't honor him the same, we are not honoring God. Now what religion follows that concept the most? If you say Christianity, you would be correct! That is where Christ is in Christianity! Where is Christ in Islam?

Peace and blessings

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    17-05-2024
    At
    12:48 AM

The subject is: Where the teachings of Christ in Christian

It seems you do not read the title, but (as usual)

Stature of Christ and all the prophets already talk about

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Last Activity
    16-06-2024
    At
    04:00 AM

Even if this Codex Sinaitiu was reliable, I don't see how it hurts the message of Christ's death and resurrection. And they went out and fled from the tomb, for trembling and astonishment had seized them, and they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid. They were afraid of what? Was it because they didn't see Christ in the tomb? How does this take away from the death and resurrection of Christ? The point is we Christians believe the story of Christ's death and resurrection, and we put our faith in it. We believe Satan would have us believe it is not true. We believe in it as strongly as you do in Islam; so, both our religions can't be right. The judgment day is what I look forward to. I look at the fruit of both our religion, and I see more peace and love in Christianity. Jesus said you will know prophets by their fruit. I see the fruit of Islam in Iraq by how they are killing Christians and hanging their heads on poles. I don't want any part of a religion that does such things.

Peace to you

The gospel of Mark is the oldest of the four gospels written in about 40 AD , The fact that it contains such manipulation gives us many conclusions:

1. The oldest written gospel according to christians contained manipulation in its central theology (ressurection)

2. The fact that the gospel of Mark contradicts the other gospels because there is a difference between not telling anyone and telling someone

In the original in Mark they told no one :
    8 And they went out and fled from the tomb, for trembling and astonishment had seized them, and they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid.

but this ending did not appeal to the other writers so they added something in Matthew:

8 So they departed quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to tell his disciples.9 And behold, Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!” And they came up and took hold of his feet and worshiped him.10 Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid; go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee, and there they will see me.”
    Matthew 28 : 8-10

The first passage shows them with fear and not telling anyone and the second they were with joy and told others clear contradiction in the text

As for the codex Sinaticus (350 AD) it is not just the oldest bible with the whole NT but also the oldest manuscript with the ending of Mark , This short ending of mark also exist in the Codex Vaticanus (4th century)

These are the two oldest manuscripts we have of the ending of Mark. These old manuscripta also contains other multiple varriations from what we have today

The rest of what you said contains a diversion from the actual subject in an attempt to disuade yourself of the topic, but just read about the catholic crusades against the arab christians and the thousands they killed in jerusalim , try to read about the incusitions or the burning of protestants in england , or the hundreds of genocides committed by the roman empire after adopting christianity against jews, pagans and other christian sects called heratics. The history of your religion in rome my friend contains the blood of thousands and thousands of innocents just look at what the spanish did to the original indians in south America when they conquered it.

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At

The gospel of Mark is the oldest of the four gospels written in about 40 AD , The fact that it contains such manipulation gives us many conclusions:

1. The oldest written gospel according to christians contained manipulation in its central theology (ressurection)

2. The fact that the gospel of Mark contradicts the other gospels because there is a difference between not telling anyone and telling someone

In the original in Mark they told no one :

but this ending did not appeal to the other writers so they added something in Matthew:

8 So they departed quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to tell his disciples.9 And behold, Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!” And they came up and took hold of his feet and worshiped him.10 Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid; go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee, and there they will see me.”
    Matthew 28 : 8-10

The first passage shows them with fear and not telling anyone and the second they were with joy and told others clear contradiction in the text

As for the codex Sinaticus (350 AD) it is not just the oldest bible with the whole NT but also the oldest manuscript with the ending of Mark , This short ending of mark also exist in the Codex Vaticanus (4th century)

These are the two oldest manuscripts we have of the ending of Mark. These old manuscripta also contains other multiple varriations from what we have today

The rest of what you said contains a diversion from the actual subject in an attempt to disuade yourself of the topic, but just read about the catholic crusades against the arab christians and the thousands they killed in jerusalim , try to read about the incusitions or the burning of protestants in england , or the hundreds of genocides committed by the roman empire after adopting christianity against jews, pagans and other christian sects called heratics. The history of your religion in rome my friend contains the blood of thousands and thousands of innocents just look at what the spanish did to the original indians in south America when they conquered it.
    There is no evidence that Jesus didn't rise from the dead in what you wrote or show with ancient manuscripts. Jesus predicted His death three times, and the disciples saw Him after His death. You can choose to believe what you want. As for the Catholic Crusades and what not, what does that have to do with the Bible and true Christianity? Those who committed such acts went in disobedience to the Bible, so what is your point? Look today what Christians and Muslims are doing and judge by that fruit.

Peace

Last Activity
    16-06-2024
    At

There is no evidence that Jesus didn't rise from the dead in what you wrote or show with ancient manuscripts. Jesus predicted His death three times, and the disciples saw Him after His death. You can choose to believe what you want. As for the Catholic Crusades and what not, what does that have to do with the Bible and true Christianity? Those who committed such acts went in disobedience to the Bible, so what is your point? Look today what Christians and Muslims are doing and judge by that fruit.

Peace

I am not talking about the ressurection rather the manipulation of the bible . Try to focus

​peace

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At

I am not talking about the ressurection rather the manipulation of the bible . Try to focus

peace
    What manipulation has happened that we don't know about? We didn't have a Christian Uthman to burn our manuscripts that is why we and even Muslims know what has been added or omitted from the Bible. This is all the more reason we could trust the Bible. You cannot prove the perfect preservation of the Quran; so why do you throw rocks when you life in a glass house?

Peace

Last Activity
    16-06-2024
    At

What manipulation has happened that we don't know about? We didn't have a Christian Uthman to burn our manuscripts that is why we and even Muslims know what has been added or omitted from the Bible. This is all the more reason we could trust the Bible. You cannot prove the perfect preservation of the Quran; so why do you throw rocks when you life in a glass house?

Peace
    Now I know you are a curving to another subject . We already had this discussion about Uthman in the Adam and Eve story clearly you are repeating to run away

however I do praise you about admitting there are ommisions and additions in the bible

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information