A prophet says: My subsistence has been made under the shadow of my spear, and takes the spoils!

One of the misunderstandings about the prophet (PBUH), is that he (PBUH) used to strive for worldly desires, which he (PBUH) didn't attest at the beginning of his message in Makkah. But after his (PBUH) immigration to Madina, he (PBUH) started to collect money and spoils from the incursions he (PBUH) did with his followers, as a kind of financial income, and moral benefits. He (PBUH) admitted that when saying: "My subsistence has been made under the shadow of my spear".
The reply to this misunderstanding:
First: it's a delusive allege to say that the prophet (PBUH) was a man of worldly desires. On the contrary, his (PBUH) message was good, useful, and brings goodness to its followers in the present life and in the hereafter. He who reads his (PBUH) biography, will know that this is completely untrue, as this misunderstanding hasn't any proof. The pagans that lived with him (PBUH), used to describe him as being honest and loyal, even after he (PBUH) told them that he was a messenger of Allah, the Almighty, and history proves this.
I say: If he (PBUH) had been what they alleged, he (PBUH) would have lived a king's life; living in palaces, having many servants and guards to watch those worldly desires. But, the reality is completely opposite to this, as he (PBUH) lived in austerity and abstention, and that was his (PBUH) life style since his birth till his death. His (PBUH) houses were a very clear proof for this; they consisted of very simple rooms that he (PBUH) could barely live in with his wives. Same with food and drink, he (PBUH) could live for a month or two without eating any kind of food cooked on the stove, and he (PBUH) used to eat dates and drink water only.
In The Correct Bukhari, no.5977, narrated by his (PBUH) wife, Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her, she said: "A complete month would pass by during which we would not make a fire (for cooking), and our food used to be only dates and water unless we were given a present of some meat".
He (PBUH) died while his (iron) armor was mortgaged to a Jew, and he (PBUH) died leaving only six Dinars in his house, which he (PBUH) ordered to give the poor as a charity…This is mentioned in the following:
1 – The Correct Bukhari, no. 2700, narrated by Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her), she said: "The messenger of Allah died while his armor was mortgaged to a Jew for thirty grams of barley".
2 – The Correct Bukhari, no. 2534, narrated by Amr Ibn Al Hareth (may Allah be pleased with him), he said: "When the messenger of Allah died, he did not leave any Dirham or Dinar (i.e. money), a slave or a slave woman or anything else except his white mule, his sword and a piece of land which he had given in charity".
3 – The Correct Bukhari, no. 2866, narrated by Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her), she said: "The messenger of Allah died, and there was nothing in my house that a living being could eat, except some barley lying on a shelf. So, I ate of it for a long period and measured it, and (after a short period) it was consumed".
Therefore, his (PBUH) biography is full of examples that falsify their allege. He (PBUH) used to be very generous, not fearing of being poor, while he (PBUH) and his family lived most of their lives hungry. Sometimes, he (PBUH) tied a stone on his belly to resist hunger, so that he could give food to the poor….This is proved in The Correct Bukhari, no. 1376. Abu Saeed Al Khudri narrated that
Some Ansari persons asked for (something) from the messenger of Allah (PBUH) and he gave them. They again asked him for (something) and he again gave them. And then they asked him and he gave them again till all that was with him finished. And then he said "If I had anything. I would not keep it away from you. (Remember) Whoever abstains from asking others, Allah will make him contented, and whoever tries to make himself self-sufficient, Allah will make him self-sufficient. And whoever remains patient, Allah will make him patient. Nobody can be given a blessing better and greater than patience."
Second: their misunderstanding opposes his (PBUH) renunciation that was clear to all even his enemies….This is proved in the following:
1 – The Correct Series, no.439. Ibn Abbas ( may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that Amr entered the prophet's (PBUH) house, and found him lying on a straw mat that marked on his body. He said: "O messenger of Allah! Why don't you bring a more comfortable bed?" He (PBUH) replied: "I don't care for this life! I'm just like a person riding a camel on a scorching hot day, so he lies under the shadow of a tree for an hour, and then he leaves it".
2 – The Correct Bukhari, no. 3615. Abu Saeed Al Khudri narrated that the messenger of Allah (PBUH) sat on a pulpit and said: "Allah, the Almighty, let His servant choose between all the pleasures of life and the rewards of the afterlife, so the servant chose the rewards of the afterlife. Abu Bakr cried and said: "O messenger of Allah! We, our fathers and mothers shall sacrifice our lives for you". We awed that, and some people said: "look at that old man and listen to his words. That servant is the messenger of Allah, and Abu Bakr is the only one who understood that". The messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "Abu Bakr is the best friend I can ever have, he supported me with his money and companionship. If I was to choose an intimate friend from my nation, I would choose Abu Bakr as a friend in Islam…"