Question 2:Muslim Countries So Far Behind
Why are Muslim countries so far behind?
I don't mean to offend anyone but I need to speak the truth. I know that most Muslims go to America either because American troops are killing them. But, what I don't understand is that Muslims are lazy and hypocritical, arrogant, ignorant savages. They come to the US bring their culture, they let their sons date but not their daughter and doesnt care how unfair the double standards. They live on welfare suck the government dry, or become Shaykhs where they give false information
from being ignorant or say good but doesnt practice what they preach. At the same time, laugh at the western way of life.
Not all western ideas are bad most are better than eastern ideas. They take over an area, destroy it, take people's jobs and space, then get bored complain and leave somewhere new. I mean is technology haram? Are modernization industrialization halal? I have seen Umar series and the areas are clean, with growing and new and advance technologies and inventions. Because of the golden age of Islam. Now, we are ruining Islam. At least Arabs knew they were ignorant but the so called Muslims today think people owes us. Also, with more females in the world, I think it is best for them to work. There are not enough men and not all are smart. Hell, the ones I know are lazy, arrogant delinquents that wants to be drug dealers or entertainers like gangster rappers or actors or selling cigarettes and alcohol. Besides, in war countries like Afhgansitan, where everyone is poor women should work for a long time being then slowly stop when all is good. A scholar named YasirQadhi- I hate that guy so much- said women shouldn't work and he makes it sound there are more men than women-I wish, that would be almost heaven- and he said it is best to be preachers rather than doctors. Look, I think if a boy can memorize Quran why not also a biology book? We have a lot of scholars and not enough teachers and such. Islamic countries are being destroys by the muslims of today.
I don’t really understand what you intend to articulate through these statements. However, I would like to state a few points in response:1. First of all, you are guilty of stereotyping and generalization when you point at actions of some Muslims you know or seem to know and judge others by the same measure or standard. To be fair, there is no shortage of Muslims have made significant contributions and still contribue to the American Society in various capacities as scientists, academics, professionals, etc. So, it would be unfair to make such sweeping remarks.
2. There is no doubt Muslim world today suffers from extremely backward conditions. You cannot place all the blame for it on Muslims alone. Colonization of Muslim lands and imposition of puppets who serve the interests of the Western masters have handled much of the political and social malaise in the Muslim world today.
3. I agree with you that there are Muslims, who confuse cultural practices with Islam. That is clearly the case when they practice discrimination regarding the treatment of sons and daughters.
4. I cannot comment on what you allege Sheikh YasirQadhi; I doubt whether he would make such a generalized statement as you have attributed to him. You may have misunderstood him. Islam is not opposed to women working outside home; however, a woman cannot do this by sacrificing her primary duty as the nurturer and caregiver of the future generations, which is indeed the noblest work in the world. This is why the Prophet said, “Paradise lies at the feet of mothers.”
5. You are also wrong in condemning all scholars as backward looking.
6. Finally, I agree with you that many Muslims tend to place exaggerated emphasis on rote learning and memorization of the Qur’an while ignoring vital sciences essential for a vibrant community. In fact, this is a point stressed by great Imams such as Shafi, Ghazali and others who deplored the fact that Muslim crowd on studying religious sciences while ignoring vital fields like medicine! I am sure when it comes to medicine this situation is changing; however, I do not the same is true when it comes to social sciences and humanities, etc.
Allah Almighty knows best.