Muslim Minorities: Problems and Solutions (Q & A)

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

الرد على مقطع خالد بلكين : الوحي المكتوم المنهج و النظرية ج 29 (اشاعة حول النبي محمد) » آخر مشاركة: محمد سني 1989 | == == | الإعجاز في القول بطلوع الشمس من مغربها » آخر مشاركة: *اسلامي عزي* | == == | الكاردينال روبيرت سارا يغبط المسلمين على إلتزامهم بأوقات الصلوات » آخر مشاركة: *اسلامي عزي* | == == | لمسات بيانية الجديد 8 لسور القرآن الكريم كتاب الكتروني رائع » آخر مشاركة: عادل محمد | == == | الرد على شبهة زواج النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم من عائشة رضي الله عنهما بعمر السادسة و دخوله عليها في التاسعة » آخر مشاركة: محمد سني 1989 | == == | المصلوب بذرة ( الله ) ! » آخر مشاركة: *اسلامي عزي* | == == | كاهن يعلنها بصدق من داخل الكنيسة : الإسلام أكثر منطقية من المسيحيّة ! » آخر مشاركة: *اسلامي عزي* | == == | إجابة عن سؤال : من نسب لله الصّاحبة و الولد ؟؟ » آخر مشاركة: *اسلامي عزي* | == == | Moses PBUH in the river » آخر مشاركة: *اسلامي عزي* | == == | قـُــرّة العُــيون : حلقة 01 » آخر مشاركة: *اسلامي عزي* | == == |

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

النتائج 1 إلى 10 من 10

الموضوع: Muslim Minorities: Problems and Solutions (Q & A)

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2008
    المشاركات
    الدين
    الإسلام
    الجنس
    أنثى
    آخر نشاط
    09-03-2024
    على الساعة
    08:10 PM

افتراضي Muslim Minorities: Problems and Solutions (Q & A)

By Shari`ah Staff

As-salamu `alaykum.Dear Brother/Sisters,Thank you for joining our session and for your questions. We have happily received your questions and below are the answers.

Question 1:
    Muslims Donate for Hindu TempleDear scholar,As-salamu alaykum. Members of the Muslim community in India’s northern Bihar state have donated their land for the construction of the world’s largest Hindu temple. We will appreciate if you read this story and give us your comments/fatwa on whether it is allowed in Islam to assist in building a house of worship for non-believers where idols will be worshipped?This story is causing a lot of controversy among our Facebook visitors who see this as shirk and thus we are seeking your advice. We really appreciate your input on the topic.Here is the link of the story:http://www.onislam.net/english/news/...du-temple.htmlAnswer:Islam teaches Muslims to be tolerant of other religions and reciprocate kindness with kindness. In a society where Muslims and Hindus have lived together for centuries in fairly respectful of each other, this is simply an expression of that spirit. Hindus have provided lands for mosques, and thus it is only fair on the part of Muslims to provide lands for temples. Temples are not merely places of idol worship. They are also places where God’s name is celebrated. Mind you, not all Hindus sanction idolatry. Muslims certainly cannot participate in idol worship or propagate it. However, they are not allowed to interfere with the freedom of worship of Hindus.There is no doubt the issue is controversial when looked at from a purely legalistic perspective. However, viewed from the perspective of maslahah or otherwise known as siyasahshara’iyyah (Islamic system of political governance), this is in perfect agreement with the spirit of tolerance that prevailed in Muslim states prior to the abolition of the caliphate.Muslims, who encountered the Hindus for the first time, were advised by scholars to treat them like the People of the Book. It is worth remembering that eminent Sufi Shaikhs and scholars such as Mirza JaanJanaan (who was deeply familiar with the Hindu scriptures) supported this view.Allah Almighty knows best.
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2008
    المشاركات
    الدين
    الإسلام
    الجنس
    أنثى
    آخر نشاط
    09-03-2024
    على الساعة

افتراضي

Question 2:Muslim Countries So Far Behind

Why are Muslim countries so far behind?

I don't mean to offend anyone but I need to speak the truth. I know that most Muslims go to America either because American troops are killing them. But, what I don't understand is that Muslims are lazy and hypocritical, arrogant, ignorant savages. They come to the US bring their culture, they let their sons date but not their daughter and doesnt care how unfair the double standards. They live on welfare suck the government dry, or become Shaykhs where they give false information

from being ignorant or say good but doesnt practice what they preach. At the same time, laugh at the western way of life.

Not all western ideas are bad most are better than eastern ideas. They take over an area, destroy it, take people's jobs and space, then get bored complain and leave somewhere new. I mean is technology haram? Are modernization industrialization halal? I have seen Umar series and the areas are clean, with growing and new and advance technologies and inventions. Because of the golden age of Islam. Now, we are ruining Islam. At least Arabs knew they were ignorant but the so called Muslims today think people owes us. Also, with more females in the world, I think it is best for them to work. There are not enough men and not all are smart. Hell, the ones I know are lazy, arrogant delinquents that wants to be drug dealers or entertainers like gangster rappers or actors or selling cigarettes and alcohol. Besides, in war countries like Afhgansitan, where everyone is poor women should work for a long time being then slowly stop when all is good. A scholar named YasirQadhi- I hate that guy so much- said women shouldn't work and he makes it sound there are more men than women-I wish, that would be almost heaven- and he said it is best to be preachers rather than doctors. Look, I think if a boy can memorize Quran why not also a biology book? We have a lot of scholars and not enough teachers and such. Islamic countries are being destroys by the muslims of today.

Answer:

I don’t really understand what you intend to articulate through these statements. However, I would like to state a few points in response:1. First of all, you are guilty of stereotyping and generalization when you point at actions of some Muslims you know or seem to know and judge others by the same measure or standard. To be fair, there is no shortage of Muslims have made significant contributions and still contribue to the American Society in various capacities as scientists, academics, professionals, etc. So, it would be unfair to make such sweeping remarks.

2. There is no doubt Muslim world today suffers from extremely backward conditions. You cannot place all the blame for it on Muslims alone. Colonization of Muslim lands and imposition of puppets who serve the interests of the Western masters have handled much of the political and social malaise in the Muslim world today.

3. I agree with you that there are Muslims, who confuse cultural practices with Islam. That is clearly the case when they practice discrimination regarding the treatment of sons and daughters.

4. I cannot comment on what you allege Sheikh YasirQadhi; I doubt whether he would make such a generalized statement as you have attributed to him. You may have misunderstood him. Islam is not opposed to women working outside home; however, a woman cannot do this by sacrificing her primary duty as the nurturer and caregiver of the future generations, which is indeed the noblest work in the world. This is why the Prophet said, “Paradise lies at the feet of mothers.”

5. You are also wrong in condemning all scholars as backward looking.

6. Finally, I agree with you that many Muslims tend to place exaggerated emphasis on rote learning and memorization of the Qur’an while ignoring vital sciences essential for a vibrant community. In fact, this is a point stressed by great Imams such as Shafi, Ghazali and others who deplored the fact that Muslim crowd on studying religious sciences while ignoring vital fields like medicine! I am sure when it comes to medicine this situation is changing; however, I do not the same is true when it comes to social sciences and humanities, etc.

Allah Almighty knows best.

اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2008
    المشاركات
    الدين
    الإسلام
    الجنس
    أنثى
    آخر نشاط
    09-03-2024
    على الساعة

افتراضي

Question 3:

As-salamu alayakum. May Allah bless you for rendering this service and praying for the same.My question is,Do we have to give primary importance to the construction of our house or for the masjid which is going to be build in our city.Suppose, I have a house and there are some modification works like painting, decorating etc. And I have my neighbor who is getting married an in need of financial helpShould I postpone my house modificaiton to a later and consider the masjid as the prime one. Also let me know helping the neighbor is primary or secondary when comparing with the masjid constructionIs it in an obligatory act to help to construct a masjid or it is just a charity workCan you please elaborate with some examples from prophet (s) and Sahabas(s).

Answer:

Building a mosque where there is no mosque is a collective duty of Muslims. Every Muslim should contribute to it according to his or her means. However, if some have taken the financial responsibility for it, then others are free from blame. If, however, no one has done it, everyone is deemed guilty.

So, you should ask: Is this the only mosque in the area? If it is, and it needs your urgent contribution, then you ought to prefer it over other non-essential expenses. Beautifying your house, or helping a poor neighbor - unless he is facing starvation - can be put off.

The prophet built his first mosque in Madinah before building his residence. It was a joint effort to which most Muslims contributed, either financially or by volunteering their services.

Based on this precedent, even if you are unable to help the mosque financially because of your greater priorities, you still can be part of the noble effort by volunteering in other ways.Allah Almighty knows best.

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2008
    المشاركات
    الدين
    الإسلام
    الجنس
    أنثى
    آخر نشاط
    09-03-2024
    على الساعة

افتراضي

Question 4:

Modernity, ijtihad, and Islam

As-salamu alaykum sir, I have a question to ask you regarding reconciling modernity with Islam. Allah tells us in the Qur’an that the Muslims are those who say 'We hear and we obey'.For the past 1400 years, Muslims have relied on the Qur’an and the science of finding authentic hadith, as well as qiyas and ijtihad, to facilitate obedience to Allah. In the modern world however things are being changed a lot.I have heard some Muslims such as Irshad Manji (you may want to research her?) use the concept of ijtihad to argue that we can change the religion as we go along to fit modern cultural views. I have heard organisations and individuals argue for a 'revival' or ijtihad to fit modern needs. Imams such as Daaiyie Abdullah claim homosexual acts are not prohibited in Islam. People in the West are approaching Islam with an agenda to change it to fit their own culture (such as arguing homosexuality is not wrong) and the people in more 'conservative' cultures are doing the same (such as arguing women cannot have jobs or positions of leadership).In this climate, what does Allah really say? This religion is declining, as are all religions, and are those Muslims who truly want to obey Allah stopped with the chaotic noise of human agenda? What is the truth, when anyone can interpret the texts to twist it to their own desires? I am only a lay Muslim wishing to obey Allah, but how can I do so when everyone is saying different things and they all seem right?If my only intention is to obey Allah, but there is no guidance (yes, there is the Qur’an, but people interpret it how they want and confuse it) and Muslims end up following the wrong 'Islam', what will Allah do? Sometimes, I just feel like dying so I can meet Allah and know the truth! That's all I want. I would very much appreciate your comments regarding this. Jazakallah.

Answer:

I don’t have answers for all of the issues you have raised in your question. Therefore, I can only make a few comments, according to the best of my understanding.1. It is important for us to make a distinction between fundamental principles of Islam and those that are secondary or derivatives. The former is known as usul, while the latter is known as furu’. The former cannot be changed while the latter can be flexible and can be adapted based on ijtihad or creative exercise of reasoning, according to times and circumstances.2. The core of religion is developing consciousness of Allah and living an ethical and moral life based on one’s accountability before him. Once you focus on developing a spiritual focus in your life and deepen your intuitive faculty, you will be able to rid yourself of doubts and experience the sweetness of faith. Therefore, I would urge you to focus on developing your spiritual awareness and work on your own personal development rather than trying to change the world; you can only change yourself; once you do that, the world will be taken care of.3. Those who reform Islam by changing the principles or clearly established precepts of religion are tampering with the revelation. Those who clamor for declaring homosexuality as permissible are not different than those who argue for sanctioning fornication or adultery, etc. No one, no matter how argumentative he or she is allowed to interfere with the basic commandments and prohibitions. This is not ijtihad as Muslims know it. It is distortion pure and simple. Ijtihad is based on sound methodology and it is not everyone’s forte. It is left to the experts.Allah Almighty knows best.

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2008
    المشاركات
    الدين
    الإسلام
    الجنس
    أنثى
    آخر نشاط
    09-03-2024
    على الساعة

افتراضي

Question 5:

Advice needed
    As-salamu alaykum respected scholar,
    I reverted to Islam well over 10 years ago- roughly 11. I never considered madhhab's before. I normally ask our local imam, or I look for information from Qur’ran and sahih hadiths. I also looked at some tafsir. I have never found an issue that I did not really understand after this extent. I try my best. I was told by my best friend I should follow a madhhab. Reason being if I do not follow one then I am just following my nafs because I am picking and choosing what I like. I personally do not think I have done that because issues such as smoking I take to be haram- even though some people say it is not because there is no consensus. I would like to know do I need to follow one particular madhhab i.e. Hanafi or Maliki or is respecting all of them permissible?

Thanks in advance.

Answer:

The issue of following a madhhab arises only when one is dealing with the issues that are not clear in the sources. As for the basics or fundamentals that are self-evident, no one needs to follow anyone but the Law-giver.What you have been doing is acceptable. You converted to Islam, and you tried your best to understand and practice Islam by reading and asking the imam or scholar. Every genuine scholar is trained in the tradition of a particular school and his advice is based primarily on his understanding of the tradition unless he has attained greater expertise through specialization in fiqh.The vast majority of Muslims have considered the four schools as genuine expressions of the Shari’a. And they have also allowed individuals to follow the rulings of another school if they are faced with a difficulty which makes it impossible to adhere to a particular school.For further details, you may refer to the answer linked below.http://www.askthescholar.com/5-220-2...mad-kutty.aspxAllah Almighty knows best.

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2008
    المشاركات
    الدين
    الإسلام
    الجنس
    أنثى
    آخر نشاط
    09-03-2024
    على الساعة

افتراضي

Question 6:

Asalamu 'AlaykumI am in terrible pain & confused and desperately need your help. I have been married before in 2013 (my first marriage only lasted a month for some reason). Then I had this proposal from marriage broker. My parents died before 2002 I’m living in Colombo alone. My main problem is that when broker bring this proposal I visit the girl home I show her I have not speak & see her much because her brother was with us, I show her face from the nose to chin only since she is Muslim girl she was wearing scarf I could not see her proper personality but I said ok for this proposal after that broker and her family press me to get marry I have told them I am financially not fit for marriage now but they press me to take nikah only that meaning only registration in the mosque later on we can take walimah (mahr not given, not living together) how ever I agreed for this and we have done it. We tooknikah in the mosque in front of our few family member after the nikah she keeps on calling me every day I also call her some time when I am free and When I spoke to her I felt that she is good, honest girl I feel she is religious also 28 years old.My issue is when I visit her second time I met her in the room alone I have told her to remove her scarf because I wanted to see her properly.When she removes I was shocked my heart braked because she is not that I thought about her during my first visit. I was terribly hurt her personality I don’t feel anything with her, then two week later again I visit her because I wanted to see here properly third time also I visit herI visited her three time to make me love her or feel her because I don’t like to get divorce againIt’s really pain for me I can’t take decision on her because here problem is her personality onlyShe is not attracting me at any side sexually etc… I was trying to love or feel her but I could not do thatI don’t feel anything with her My dear respected counselor what would you advice me to, surely in Islam there is a sound solution for every problem. Please advice an emotional and psychological Islamic perspective.I don’t want to hurt any bodyI don’t know why it’s happening to mePlease help me

Answer:

I am sorry I can only advise you based on my understanding of the issues you have raised in your question, so you may be free to accept it or reject it.It seems you have a problem with accepting any woman; otherwise, you would not have been thinking of divorce one after another.First of all, you need to get rid of your mind the idealistic picture of a perfect woman. There is no perfect woman in the world even as there is no perfect man. Are you so handsome that every woman would desire marrying you?You are refusing to take responsibility for your actions. I do not agree with your suggestion that you were forced to accept this girl. You are a man and how could anyone force you?I would therefore urge you not to rush to divorce her. If you do so, you are simply being rash and acting on your whims.You can only divorce her if they have concealed a major physical defect from you. You did see her face. That is what is allowed for a suitor to see while choosing a wife.Allah Almighty knows best.

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2008
    المشاركات
    الدين
    الإسلام
    الجنس
    أنثى
    آخر نشاط
    09-03-2024
    على الساعة

افتراضي

Question 7:Am from Charlottesville, Virginia , U.S.I have a doubt about divorce, my husband said , in our surroundings we don't have good muhallah, and he said masjid al azhar scholars are good and you can ask your doubt to them, I don't know how to contact, even though I massaged twice, my doubt is ,I got married at 2009 June 28 with nazeerahamedahamedmaricar At the second day he said, I don't like you, I divorce you, our marriage is one month agreement, after that you will go to your home. Second time, at 2013, we have some discussion at the end he said I divorce you , but I won't give my kids , and he took my kids away from me.Third time, two weeks later again we had same discussion, and again he said the same, like second.Fourth time again we have some discussion and he said I divorce you , I will going to tell this to my brothers and I ask your parents to take you to their home.Fifth time again we have something, and he said I divorce you, but this is because of my compulsion, I said to him, if you divorce me I will do this, then only he said I divorce you That's the thing happens , my husband said he told that word because of anger.Now he said, I don't remember when I was said, so we are still in marriage life, so you have to live with me But, I want to know, weather my life with him is halal orharam. Please, help me with this.

Answer:

I think your husband has a real issue with controlling his anger and emotions. He is playing with religion by pronouncing divorce in this way.I would urge you to reconsider your marriage with this man unless he is willing to learn to control his anger.You are divorced from him if he has pronounced divorce three times on three separate occasions while he is in full possession of his senses. Period. I cannot add anything else on this issue.Allah Almighty knows best.

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2008
    المشاركات
    الدين
    الإسلام
    الجنس
    أنثى
    آخر نشاط
    09-03-2024
    على الساعة

افتراضي

Question 8:

DeficatioIs it allowed for a man to laser his cheek bone (not beard) to permanently remove the hair as they look messy?

Answer:

This is not desirable, according to the best of my knowledge. It falls in the category of nams which the Prophet has forbidden.Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 9:

Two abortions.As-salamu alaykum, I had an acquaintance come to me crying and telling me about two abortions she had carried out in the past she had said that it had been done before the soul had entered the fetus so before 120 days... I had asked her whether she had repented from these acts and she said yes. However due to the fact that she has committed this grave act twice while being married and not due to a rape or health concern, although she has repented is there anything else she must do?

Answer:

I have answered this question in my last session. Please refer to it.Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 10:

Itikaf in Al masjid Al haramAs-salamu Alaykum, Can I please get details as to what invalidates your i`tikaf (last 10 days of Ramadan) at the Haram? Are the hotels (for washroom, shower, sleep) and restaurants (across the Haram, 2-5 min away) considered to be part of the haram? If not, where would you get food from to open/break fast and where would you sleep and shower? Thank you in advance. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Answer:

There is a virtual consensus among scholars that while in i`tikaf a person should not leave the place of his or her i`tikaf - except for essential matters like fetching food, using toilets, and going for a shower which are considered as essential chores.Going out for other non-essential chores would, however, invalidate i`tikaf.Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 11:

Reading Qur’anAs-salamu alaykum, please tell me can woman read Qur’an when she in her time of periods.

Answer:

A woman is allowed to read the Qur’an from her memory while in her monthly period. She is also allowed to listen to recitations. As for reading the Qur’an from a Mushaf, the majority of scholars do not consider it as permissible.However, there is an exception made by the scholars of Maliki School: She may do so if she is a teacher or student or fears forgetting what she has memorized.You are allowed to choose this view if you need to.Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 12:

Fajr and Isha Calculation

As-salamu Alaykum. How are the prayer times calculated here in Calgary? It seems that the `Isha’ is 90 minutes after Maghrib and Fajr is 90 minutes before sunrise, year round. I tried using the Adhan software and played with the settings to figure out which way of calculation for Fajr and `Isha’ prayers is being used here in Calgary and no matter what calculation method I use, I can't find a setting that matches the mosques prayer times. I am anxiously waiting for your reply. Jazakom Allah Khayr.

Answer:

I cannot answer the question on behalf of the Muslims of Calgary. You should check with the authorities there.However, the prayers you have mentioned have flexible times. So, each mosque can make a decision when to pray as long as they do not go beyond the prescribed times. Because we are speaking of an abnormal time zone, we cannot be so rigid. The spirit of Shari’ah is latitude and ease rather than rigidity. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “This religion of ours is easy to follow; whoever makes it rigid will be defeating himself only by such an attitude!.”Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 13:

Non MuslimI met a very nice young man while I was working in Calgary a few years back. I really enjoy his company and wanted to spend more time together but I didn't make an effort because I am not Muslim. Excuse my ignorance but is there more traditional Muslims vs. modern? I would like to find him and tell him, if there's a point. Are Muslims very strict on non Muslim dating/marriage? Thank you !

Answer:

Islam does not allow dating as commonly practiced today. It applies to the interaction between sexes, regardless of whether both of them are Muslims or not.I am sorry to say that I cannot help you find your soul mate. You better turn to your Creator, who alone can help you in such matters.Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 14:

Depressed wifeAs-salamu alaykum, My question is that my husband is addicted to porn and dating websites he doesn't do anything in front of me but he knows that I know that, and whenever I talk to him about this issue and about offering prayer, he become angry and told me I have the option to leave him, I love him and have 2 children so I don't want to leave him but I am so depressed. Please advise me what to do and is there any dua’ that I can make for him?

Answer:

If your husband is addicted to porn and visiting dating websites and is not willing to change then, you are allowed to seek divorce from him.He is a promiscuous man, and you may be endangering your life and the life of your children by staying in the marriage.Therefore, you ought to take responsibility for yourself and decide, accordingly.Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 15:

Baby Girl NamesAs-salamu Alaykum, I would like to know which of these name are good & also the meanings of each name. The names are: Diyana, Lina, Liyanah, Aida, Liza, Shiza, Ayra, Aleeza, Ayana, Nyla

Answer:

Diyanah, Layyinah, Nailah are good names. Don’t go for strange names.Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 16:
    Gold logo on watchesI would like to know if the watch is made of stainless Steel and contains only a small logo or brand letter (one only) made of gold/white gold, is it allowed to wear such watches? Please advise specifically for this case instead of a general advise on wearing gold which I completely understand and obey that wearing gold is haram for men. Thanks.

Answer:

If the percentage of the gold element in the watch is negligible, then you may wear it as per the preferred ruling of some eminent scholars.Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 17:
    Baby NameAs-salamu Alaykum I am searching for Muslim baby names and wanted to know background of Rafay. I believe it is derived from one of Allah's name Rafeeoo. I want to know if Rafay is a good name and meaning in detail? Has it been derived correctly? as Rafeeoo has \"fee\" in it but Rafay has \"Fay\" in it. Also can a child be named just Rafay or we have to have something like Abdul in the beginning of the name and call Abdul Rafay instead of just Rafay since its Allah\'s name. waiting to hear back soon

Answer:Rafee or Raafi’ are fine names. You may also use Abd al-Rafee’, or Abd al-Raafi’.Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 18:

Marrige relatedWhat a husband should do if wife does not agree to have sexual intercourse ? Is it permissible to masturbate with the hand of wife? Is it permissible to suck the breast of wife?

Answer:

As a married couple, you are allowed to masturbate each other as long as it is done consensually.Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 19:

Cheeting husband

As-salamu alaykum. I went to Umrah after that my back home. I came back after 3 month, my wife told me after me she invited her friend at home for movie but they did sex with her. She said she let them to do it because she also want. So I wana know about her what I do? Can I live with her or I must divorce her? What’s the way for her punishment about that? If I live with her is any punishment for me or is living with her against Islam?

Answer:

She is a promiscuous woman. So, you are not allowed to continue in marriage unless she repents and changes. Otherwise, it would be the case of condoning adultery.No conscientious Muslim should tolerate such behavior.

You have no right to impose any physical punishment on her; if you do that is taking the law into your hands. We are not allowed to do that.Allah Almighty knows best.

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2008
    المشاركات
    الدين
    الإسلام
    الجنس
    أنثى
    آخر نشاط
    09-03-2024
    على الساعة

افتراضي

Question 20:

Quran khaaniAs-salam alaykum Imam saheb, I am originally from India and recently my father in law passed away and we are thinking of having Qur’an khaani (a practice in India/Pakistan where Muslims read Qur’an and pray on behalf for someone else). Is it possible in Calgary? Thanks, Abdul

Answer:

You may check with the mosque in your area. I do not live in Calgary.There is nothing wrong with this practice as long as your intention is to read the Qur’an and offer du’a.Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 21:

is it OK to marry him?I met this brother online. His deen is good. He practices Islam well. The problem is I'm 19. He is 24. I live in the United States. He is in Australia. He sleeps while I am awake. So we would not be able to meet for several years. I would like to one day join him in Australia but I have to take care on my grandmother for a few years Should I take up his offer to marry? If so, how would we get married?

Answer:

It is up to you to make this decision; it is a personal matter. If both of you are comfortable with it, you may go for it – provided your parents give you consent.Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 22:

Does Muslim Man allowed to marry with Indian Christian women?

Answer:

On marrying Christian women, please refer to the answer linked below.http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-t...permitted.htmlAllah Almighty knows best.

Question 23:

Salamu alaykum

According to the hadiths the punishment for public adultery, is that the ones who committed the evil act be stoned? However, while reading the Qur’ani came along these verses in which suggest a different punishment.. why is the punishment our prophet(pbuh) carried out different to that the Qur’an mentions? I have asked several people however I got different answers such as that the hadiths refer mainly to the Jewish law in which when the Qur’an came it alleviated the people of the book from previous conditions and that this is an example of it and that the hadiths were only for that time as it was revealed to the Jews (in the torah) to be used only for that time.. someone else told me a different explanation in which now has left me confused in which i hope you can clarify for me (4:15)Those who commit unlawful sexual intercourse of your women - bring against them four [witnesses] from among you. And if they testify, confine the guilty women to houses until death takes them or Allah ordains for them [another] way. (4:16)And the two who commit it among you, dishonor them both. But if they repent and correct themselves, leave them alone. Indeed, Allah is ever Accepting of repentance and Merciful.

Answer:

I am sorry to say this is a complicated issue, which I am not in a position to deal with here: I would only make a few comments:Scholars have held various views on this issue. The common understanding among scholars is that stoning the adulterer is a punishment meted out in very rare cases under strict conditions. The Prophet was always eager to put off this punishment.There are others who say that it was the law of Torah; the law of the Quran is hundred lashes; this was the view of the late Shaikh Abu Zahrah.

According to the former group, the verses you have mentioned refer to an earlier stage in the unfolding of the laws.Having said this, I would agree with Tariq Ramadan's suggestion that Muslims should revisit these punishments and put a moratorium on them. There are precedents for doing so in the precedents of pious caliphs.Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 24:

Salamu alaykum. May Allah(awt) bless you for your efforts

According to some critics of Islam, an Islamic state offers very little freedom and compare Shari`ah to fascism, they cite that most Muslim/Islamic countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia have gender inequality in which women are forced to dress in specific ways without their chose and that men have complete freedom, also they state that in Iran according to some sources that "devilish or homosexual haircuts are forbidden" in which show that inhabitants in an area are forced to look in specific way as well as that some of the worst countries to live in are these Islamic/Muslim countries where "smiling is forbidden" ( quote from a critic). what was living in an Islamic state during the time of the prophet(pbuh) like... ? Are they similar to today as many Muslim majority countries tend to have low population satisfaction rates (however most of these countries are either under war or dictators). Also do the add punishment for Muslims apply for non-Muslims or do they have a different punishment system based on their religion.. and if so what if they are atheists.. Please shed light on this topic

Answer:

I would agree with your observation that Muslims have failed to live up to the spirit of Islam. The spirit of Islam is tolerance, creativity, and acceptance of diversity. All of these were the hallmarks of the Islamic civilization. We have slipped away from these standards. There are many historical factors behind such regression, including the colonialism and the division of knowledge into secular and religious and the relative backwardness of religious leadership.Allah Almighty knows best.

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2008
    المشاركات
    الدين
    الإسلام
    الجنس
    أنثى
    آخر نشاط
    09-03-2024
    على الساعة

افتراضي

Question 25:

I would like you to provide some information on women in Qur’an. There are many instances where women in different roles have been discussed that have played a part in the cause of God. To begin with the biggest example in the Qur’an is of Mary (PBUH) who is a symbol of grace and purity and has been placed above all the women in the world. It says in the Quran that Prophet Mary (PBUH) received words of revelation from God when she was visited by the angel. Christianity is the biggest religion in the world at the moment and it started with Mary's conception of Jesus. The first 5 verses of the Qur’an are about Reading, The knowledge of our creation & God teaching us the use of pen. It says in the Qur’an 1400 years ago that we are made of a germ cell. Surah Al Alaq (First surah to have been revealed to our unlettered Prophet (PBUH)) and it says in the Qur’an it is a book of wisdom and knowledge.
    Mary was a prophet? And the message of Jesus is probably true now more than ever since we have all this knowledge.

Women can reproduce themselves without the help of men, as science proves today - we see babies being born just out of the germ-cell and IVF treatments.

It says in the Qur’an - the angel appeared in human form to Mary, who bestowed the gift of a son. So an angel was marry's mate? Qur’an talks about companions pure most beautiful of eye. Some see those blessings in this world like Mary did.

So I guess I wanted to ask, why are men raping women, spreading corruption and shedding blood? Like the angels had rightly pointed out. And why did Mary have a son without a man?!

Answer:

I cannot figure out the purport of your question. You have made some unsubstantiated statements based on your random readings and interpretations of texts. I agree with some of them while I do not agree with others.I do not agree with your suggestion that Mary mated with the angel. The vast majority Christians and Muslims do not adhere to this view. They believe that Jesus was conceived miraculously. The angel was only a conveyer of the good news to her. God created Adam without a father or mother. Likewise, Jesus was created without a father.Procreation, according to the Qur’an, is through conjugal union of married spouses under the noble institution of marriage and not through artificial methods.Men and women are inclined to spread corruption on earth because of their walking away from divine guidance.Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 26:

Thank you and the onislam staff for your great efforts and may allah(swt) grant you all and your loved ones the best of rewardsReferring to the verse 5:32......"Whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land.... in connection to the verse (8:73) "And those who disbelieved are allies of one another. If you do not do so, there will be fitnah on earth and great corruption."There is a claim that therefore verse 5:32 allows the murder of non-muslims however I’m hoping you may refute this dishonest claim and shed light on this issue

Answer:

The verses – you have cited - in no way justify the atrocities committed in the name of Islam by groups such as ISIS. First of all they are not a legitimate government. They are self-appointed zealots who take the laws into their own hands, and they have violated the sanctities and spread mayhem in the name of religion. There is no precedent for their actions in the practices of the prophet or the pious caliphs. It is a historical fact that non-Muslims lived peacefully in these countries, and no scholar has even allowed interfering with their lives or practices. The Prophet in his historic pact with the delegation of Najran goes into minute details stating in no uncertain terms that Muslims would not interfere with their rights or religious practices or properties or possessions. It is so detailed that it leaves no room for anyone to claim interfering with the religious practices or rights of non-Muslim citizens of an Islamic state. So, there is no doubt the activities of ISIS are clear violations of the prophetic precedent. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) also said, “Whoever treats any of the peaceful non-Muslim citizens, I will be the advocate on their behalf on the day of Judgment.”Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 27:

As-salamu alaykum. I belong to sunni family. I am married and a mother of 2 kids. My husband use to work in a company of Saudia. And I live with my parents in Pakistan. My husband and me have a fight over a minor reason. His sister was the reason of our fight. He quit his work came back to Pakistan and went to his parents’ house. Then he sent me a notice, when I read it was talaq. Thrice times, He gave Me three talaq at the same time. Now after 2 months he is sorry for what he did. He wants me and children back to his house. Plz guide me .what should I do. Do I still have something left in my relation according to Islam. Plz help me. Thank u so much. I am very much worried about my 2 son. They are 3 and 2 years old. Plz guide me

Answer

I don’t have all the facts to make a definitive ruling. So, I can only offer advice based on my understanding of the matter in light of your statements:If your husband pronounced divorce under pressure from his family and he did not have prior intention to divorce you, then the divorce is not valid. Divorce in an extreme state of anger is not valid, according to the preferred judgment of scholars such as Ibn Abideen, Ibn al-Qayyim, etc. The proof for this is that he feels sorry for his action.If, however, your husband did intend to divorce you and he divorced you three times in one sitting, then he can come back to you as long as he decides to do so within the waiting period of three months.If the period has expired, he can remarry you without the need of another person marrying and divorcing you.Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 28:

Trimming certain areas of the face and not shavingAlhamdulillah for such a great site with a great FB presence as we'll. May Allah (swt) reward you all.My question is with beards in Islam. I've read a recent answer on it from your site and I thank you for the information provided. However I would like to know if it is permissible to shave or trim a little bit of it so that it adheres to a nice shape and makes it more manageable without taking away from the prescribed look for a Muslim . I'm talking specifically about people with areas on the face where the growth is not even, with patches on one side making it look uneven.

Answer:

As the late Shaikh Muhammad al-Ghazali rightly said, “Ugliness is not Sunnah; beauty is.” Based on this, it is allowed for you to shape your beard and make it look tidy by trimming it slightly. As stated by Imam QadiIyad the Prophet used to take from the width and length of his beard to make it tidy.Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 29:In both ways is it valid?If my husband has walked out 4 years back without a word of divorce will my marriage be pronounced dissolved. And if I remarry another man will it be considered legal. On both matters I want my reply!

Answer:

If he simply went away without pronouncing divorce then you are still married with him; however, you have the right to divorce him by using the court system.You are not allowed to marry another man until he has divorced you. If he has not done so, then the second marriage is not valid in Islam.Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 30:

Women in Mosque, Army, police, civil servicesCan women visit each and every mosque or Mosque made for them only as I learned in Qur’an that -O CHILDREN OF ADAM WEAR YOUR ADORNMENTS IN EVERY MOSQUE.
    Plus can different women and men pray side by side in mosque like in Masjid Al-HaramAM and not in different sections.
    Secondly can women work in Army as found in Hadiths that women fought side by side with their husbands and a woman who fought and defended our Prophet PBUH ,civil services etc.
    We also came to know in History that Persian army had a woman chief-Artemisia. It is permissible in Islam or not?

Answer:

Women may go to mosques for Prayer or to attend classes or lectures. However, they are not required to do that as men do if they have greater priorities of looking after their children who are in tender years. Since mothering is one of the noblest institutions in Islam, they will be rewarded doubly for it.So, it is only out of compassion that Allah did not require women to pray in the mosque sacrificing their primary duties as caregivers and nurturers of children. If they have no such responsibilities, they may do so without any inhibitions.Men and women praying side by side is not allowed in Islam.This is intended to help men and women to concentrate in Prayers. Human beings are weak; as such, it is possible they may lose their focus by men and women mingling and mixing with one another in Prayer that involves different positions.However, there is no need for a partition between men and women in the mosque. There was no partition in the Prophet’s mosque.Women can be active in the community as they used to be in the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 31:

UmrahMy question is that I came to know that Before starting Sa'ey, we should doistilam of Hajar-e-Aswad again the ninth time or point towards it, saying: "BismillahiAllahu Akbar WaLillahHilHamad."..Is this mandatory?

Answer:

Tawaf is done seven times only and not nine times as you seem to imply.Touching the black stone is not an essential requirement; it is only a recommended act; you only need to point to it. If you missed it, you don’t need to worry as long as you have completed the seven rounds of Tawaf before Sa’y.Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 32:

Working in banks-allowed?Dear Sir,As-salamu alaykumI am currently working in a bank as a Clerk, and I have come across several people who disagree with working in banks as a bank accepts deposits and lends money on "interest".However, my stance on this is that I am just an employee of the bank who represents the bank and provides banking facilities to people on behalf of the bank. I don't personally accept/lend the amount of interest. The bank does it!I also believe that banking in the modern era provides a lot of amenities and comfort to people, thus avoiding hassles in carrying huge amounts of cash which could be prone to theft. Safety lockers is one such method of safe custody of valuables. A bank also provides loans to farmers, housing loans, etc, which benefit people in smoothly carrying on their business/personal transactions, this enabling them to feed their families. And I, as an employee of the bank, just perform such activities.Another point to be noted is that, the salary that my bank gives could be from illegal or haram sources, as the bank invests in shares/securities, mutual funds, etc. However, I personally don't engage in such activities, so I believe that I get my salary for the hard work that I do.The Imams and clerics of my city strictly rule out working in a bank because they say it is haram. Nevertheless, a few other scholars are of the opinion that it is notharam unless you don't sign the loan documents.My question, therefore, is whether it is really haram to work for a bank considering the above circumstances???Whom should I believe? Whose fatwa should I rely upon? Kindly shed light into this.JazakallahuKhairan in advance for your answer.Regards

Answer:

There are scholars who consider working in a bank as permissible as long as you are not directly dealing with interest. You may follow this view if you have no other choice.You may also continue the work if you are doing it for gaining essential training to work in the financial sector.I am not an expert in financial matters. For details you may address this question to Dr. MonzerKahf; he appears on this site frequently to answer such questions.Allah Almighty knows best.

Question 33:

Categories of tawheedAs-salamu alaykum. What are the categories of tawheed? is it mention in hadith? Istawheed mention in Qur’an?

Answer:

Some scholars have divided tawheed into three categories, namely, Tawheed al-rrububiyyah, Tawheed al-uluhiyyah and Tawheed al-asma' wa al-ssifaat.The first one refers to the basic recognition of God – as ingrained in human nature.The second refers to the fact that we ought to worship God, whom our nature recognizes.The third is to affirm His unique essence, names and attributes as revealed in the scripture.This classification is based on scholarly interpretations. It is not found explicitly stated in the texts. However, no one can dispute with the essentials of this division. For all Muslims concur on the fact that mere recognition of God is not enough for salvation. Rather, we ought to worship God as He has commanded us through His messengers. And we also ought to recognize His incomparability so that we do not compare God with His creation.Allah Almighty knows best.

.onislam.net

معلومات الموضوع

الأعضاء الذين يشاهدون هذا الموضوع

الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)

المواضيع المتشابهه

1. New Muslims and Family Problems
    بواسطة فداء الرسول في المنتدى Following Up With New Muslims
    مشاركات: 0
    آخر مشاركة: 18-08-2014, 01:02 PM
  2. He has problems with his non-Muslim mother and sisters
    آخر مشاركة: 02-05-2014, 01:41 PM
  3. A new Muslimah is asking about problems in her marriage
    آخر مشاركة: 16-10-2013, 11:42 AM
  4. New to Islam and has problems with her non-Muslim relatives
    آخر مشاركة: 30-09-2013, 01:58 AM
  5. Introduction to the Bible and Biblical Problems
    بواسطة فداء الرسول في المنتدى English Forum
    مشاركات: 2
    آخر مشاركة: 18-01-2010, 01:07 AM

الكلمات الدلالية لهذا الموضوع

المفضلات

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك
  •