In the name of ALLAH, most Gracious, most Merciful
Islam is not a new religion because “submission to the will of God”, i.e. Islam, has always been the only acceptable religion in the sight of God. For this reason, Islam is the true “natural religion”, and it is the same eternal message revealed through the ages to all of God’s prophets and messengers. Muslims believe that all of God’s prophets, which include Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad, brought the same message of Pure Monotheism. For this reason, the Prophet Muhammad was not the founder of a new religion, as many people mistakenly think, but he was the final Prophet of Islam.
Sufficient is it to say that the way of Islam is the same as the way of the prophet Abraham, because both the Bible and the Quran portray Abraham as a towering example of someone who submitted himself completely to God and worshipped Him without intermediaries. Once this is realized, it should be clear that Islam has the most continuous and universal message of any religion, because all prophets and messengers were “Muslims”, i.e. those who submitted to God’s will, and they preached “Islam”, i.e. submission to the will of Almighty God.
Common Views of Judaism, Christianity & Islam:
1. Monotheism: Torah: “I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God” (Isaiah 44:6); Bible: “The Lord our God is one Lord” (Mark 12:29); Quran: “He is God, The One and Only” (Quran 112:1).
2. Prophets: Muslims believe and accept all the Prophets mentioned in the Torah, the Bible, and the Quran.
3. Miraculous Birth of Jesus: Besides Christianity, Islam is the only religion on earth that accepts the miraculous birth of Jesus. Jesus is mentioned 25 times in the Quran.
4. The Highest Honor of Women is Given to Mary, the Mother of Jesus, in the Quran (chapter #19).
5. Greetings: All prophets had customs to greet believers with the words: “Peace be with you”. („Assalamualaikum‟ for Muslims).
6. Taking Off Shoes: God ordered Moses to take off shoes (Exodus 3:5); “Put off shoes from your feet…”(Joshua 5:15). Muslims take off shoes when they enter Mosque.
7. Purification Before Prayers: “Moses…washed his feet…” (Exodus 40:31-32). “St. Paul…purified himself…went into the temple” (Acts 21:26). Muslim purify themselves before each prayer, 5 times a day.
8. Fasting: Jesus fasted 40 days. (Matthew 4:2). Muslims fast one month each year during Ramadan.
9. Humbling while Praying by Bowing Heads to the Ground: “Abraham fell his face…”(Genesis 17:3). “Moses…bowed his head…”(Exodus 34:8). “Jesus…fell on his face and prayed…” (Matthew 26:39). Muslims bow their heads to the ground while praying.
10. Not Bowing to Statues / Images: “ Thou shall not..any graven image…(Exodus). Muslims do not bow to statues, images or anything except God.
11. Decoration of Trees: It is forbidden in Bible (Jeremiah 10:2-5). Muslim do not decorate trees.
12. Everlasting Covenant: God made everlasting covenants with Abraham and his descendents. Muslim still keep this covenant; they circumcise their sons at birth.
13. Abraham ’s Son Ishmael : The name Ishmael was chosen by God Himself (Genesis 16:11). Muslims respect Ishmael like Isaac as a son of Abraham.
14. Wine Drinking Prohibited: “…drink neither wine nor strong drink…”(Luke 1:15). Muslims do not drink wine or alcohol ever.
15. Pork Forbidden: God ordered Moses: “And the swine is unclean to you…”(Leviticus 11:7). Jesus never ate pork in his life. Muslims never eat pork.
16. Usury / Interest Forbidden: “Take thou no usury…” (Leviticus). “He has put not out his money to usury.” (Psalms 15:5). Interest is forbidden in Islam.
17. Disapprove Homosexuality: “…the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah… He overthrew those cities…” (Genesis). Homosexuality is forbidden in Islam.
18. No Original Sin: “The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father…”(Ezekiel 18:20). Muslims believe that sin can not be transferred or inherited from person to person.
19. Accountability: “…every man shall receive his own reward…to his own labor” (1 Corinthians 3:8). Muslims believe that every person is accountable for his/her deeds and will be rewarded accordingly.
The Prophecies of Holy Books/Torah References about Muhammad in the Old Testament (2000 years ago)
1. God Blessed Abraham: Muhammad came from the progeny of Abraham through Ishmael (promised by God).
2. The Rejected Stone: Jesus spoke of the kingdom of God being taken away…given to the rejected stone… (Genesis 21:13-18). The rejected stone is the nation of Ishmael, the nation of Muhammad.
3. First Revelation: "… Read this…he said, I am not learned" (Isaiah 29:12). Historical Facts: Angel Gabriel delivered first revelation: "Read…name of your Lord, who created man..." (Quran 96:1). Muhammad replied: “I am not learned".
4. Prophet from Arabia: "Arabia, and all the Princes of Kedar...“ (Ezekiel 27:21). Historical Facts: Many converts migrated to Madina; Muhammad migrated in 622AD. Next year 1,000 Makkans marched against the Muslims.
5. A Prophet Like Moses: God said to Moses, "I will raise up a Prophet… like unto thee. I will put my words in his mouth, & he shall speak them all...” (Deuteronomy18:18). Historical Facts: Angel Gabriel used to bring revelations from God to Muhammad - thus God put “His words in Muhammad's mouth” (John 16:13, Isaiah 28:10). "He does not speak of (his own) desire.." (Quran 53:3-4).
6. Prophet Gave Laws: "...He will not fall or be discouraged till…established justice in the earth…" (Isaiah 42:1-4). Muhammad came with a complete code of laws. In spite of persecution and physical assaults, he was never discouraged nor expressed despair.
7. Prophet with 10,000 Saints: “…he came with 10,000 saints…right-hand went a fiery law..." (Deuteronomy 33:2). Historical Facts: Muhammad returned to Makka with 10,000 devout followers & established the rule of law there.
8. Until Shiloh Come: Jacob told his children…”until Shiloh come…” (Genesis 49:10). Shiloh means “peace” (Islam).
9. Pilgrims of Bacca Valley: “…they go through the valley of Baca; there it has a place of springs; the early rain also covers it with pools" (Psalms 84:5-6). Makka is referred to as Baca (Quran 3:96). The famous ZamZam spring is located here. Makka used to get flooded.
10. Revealed Little By Little: “he teaches knowledge… line upon line; here a little, and there a little. (Isaiah 28:9-11) Quran was revealed piece by piece over 23 years, scattered in the book “here a little, there a little”.
11. Prophecy Come To Pass: "When a Prophet speaks, if word does not come to pass or come true… word which the Lord has not spoken…” (Deuteronomy 18:22).
- God informed Muhammad that the Romans would defeat the Persians (Quran 30:3). Chapter Rum of Quran was revealed at that time (615 AD) in support of Christians. The Romans won battle in 627AD.
- Muhammad professed that the Muslims would soon conquer the Persian & Byzantium empires. At the battle of Yarmuk in 634AD, they defeated the Byzantine army, & at the battle of Madain in 637AD, they defeated the Persians.
- Muhammad predicted many future events: overthrow of the Persian Empire & confiscation of the Emperor Choseros‟s treasures; Suraqa, one of prophet‟s companions, would be given the bracelets of Caesar. This happened.
References About Muhammad In The Holy Bible
1. Jesus foretold about Muhammad: “…he shall give you another comforter…” (John 14:15-16)
2. Jesus said: “I have many things to say unto you, but you can‟t bear them now…he will show you things to come…(John 16:14). The message of Jesus was incomplete. Another prophet was needed to guide mankind.
3. Gospel of Barnabas: “…Muhammad is his blessed name.” (Ch. 96-97)
- Barnabas was a very close companion of Jesus. The Bible refers to him as an "apostle" (Acts 14:14), "a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and of faith"(Acts 11:24).
- In 325AD, the followers of St. Paul gained control at the council of Nicea and made the following changes:
* It canonized the 4 Greek Gospels that are read today.
* All other Gospels including Gospel of Barnabas were ordered to be destroyed.
* The only Gospel written in Aramaic, the language that Jesus spoke, was also destroyed.
* Jesus said: “God one hath no equal…He hath no father nor mother; he hath no sons, nor brethren, nor companions…”
* Jesus said: “… I am man, born of mortal woman, subject to the judgment of God, suffering the miseries of eating and sleeping, of cold and heat, like other men. When God shall come to judge, my words like a sword shall pierce each one that believes me to be more than man.”
* The priest asked Jesus: 'Art thou the Messiah of God….?‟ Jesus answered: „…indeed I am not he…and (he) shall come after me …for God himself gave him the name …Muhammad is his blessed name”