Where is the “Christ” in “Christianity”?

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Where is the “Christ” in “Christianity”?

Last Activity
    26-03-2024
    At
    03:52 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    Mithraism, (Horus and the sun god you left out) and Hinduism do not resemble Christianity in the slightest. These stories evolved to where people try to make a case for it being the root of my faith to destroy Christianity. This is like me saying your faith is to be compared with moon based paganism, and this gets us nowhere. I only mentioned Mormonism, because they to have a prophet they call the seal of prophets, and he came up with the Book of Mormon. My point is why should I listen to your prophet anymore than Joseph Smith? After all, Mormons and JWs make very intelligent arguments as to why Mormonism and Jehovah Witnesses are the truth in religion. I have to draw the line some where, right?

peace
    ِActually they both have a lot to do with christianity , the hidus also believe in one supreme god BUT manafested into 3 different gods( BRAHMA, VISHNU, SIVA, same goes with the trinitarian egyptian goddesses
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At
    07:53 PM

Quote Originally Posted by محمد سني 1989 View Post
    ِActually they both have a lot to do with christianity , the hidus also believe in one supreme god BUT manafested into 3 different gods( BRAHMA, VISHNU, SIVA, same goes with the trinitarian egyptian goddesses
    LOL, actually nothing! The difference is in these religion they are actually "three gods" we only have one God.
    If you want to go there, I can see three important persons in Islam or a tri unity concerning bringing about the Quran which if this tri unity didn't exist neither would your faith. I repeat, even though you don't consider them all deity, your religion wouldn't have been possible if one were missing namely, Gabriel, prophet Muhammad whom you must mention with the god of Islam (Allah) as an oracle of your faith.
    You are barking up the wrong tree by associating myths with Christianity; besides, I can bring up pagan influences in Islam as well, and you know it is out there circulating, but I don't want to be unnecessarily insulting of your faith as you seem to be willing to do with mine.
    Peace

Last Activity
    26-03-2024
    At
    03:52 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    LOL, actually nothing! The difference is in these religion they are actually "three gods" we only have one God.

Peace
    This statement is the only statement that has to do with the topic

LOL avoiding again , what a weak response !!!!

These three hindu gods are three gods in one which is the supreme creator brahman ,this is called the indian trinity or as in the hindu scriptures Trimurti :

Its most notable expression is to be found in the theological conception of the Trimūrti, i.e., the manifestation of the supreme God in three forms of Brahmā, Viṣṇu, and Śiva... But the attempt cannot be regarded as a great success, for Brahmā never gained an ascendancy comparable to that of Śiva or Viṣṇu, and the different sects often conceived the Trimūrti as really the three manifestations of their own sectarian god, whom they regarded as Brahman or Absolute.

Majumdar, R. C. "Evolution of Religio-Philosophic Culture in India", in: Radhakrishnan (CHI, 1956), volume 4, p. 49

Another exapmle :
    George Hart, lecturer for the British Museum and professor of ancient Egyptian heiroglyphics at the University of London, shows how Egypt also believed in a ‘transcendental, above creation, and preexisting’ one, the god Amun. Amun was really three gods in one. Re was his face, Ptah his body, and Amun his hidden identity (24). The well-known historian Will Durant concurs that Ra, Amon, and Ptah were ‘combined as three embodiments or aspects of one supreme and triune deity’ (Oriental Heritage 201). Additionally, a hymn to Amun written in the 14th century BC defines the Egyptian trinity: ‘All Gods are three: Amun, Re, Ptah; they have no equal. His name is hidden as Amun, he is Re... before [men], and his body is Ptah’ (Hornung 219).

http://www.heraldmag.org/olb/Content...he Trinity.htm

In roman empire:

The historical lecturer, Jesse Benedict Carter, tells us of the Etruscans. As they slowly passed from Babylon through Greece and went on to Rome (16-19), they brought with them their trinity of Tinia, Uni, and Menerva. This trinity was a ‘new idea to the Romans,’ and yet it became so ‘typical of Rome’ that it quickly spread throughout Italy (26). Even the names of the Roman trinity: Jupiter, Juno, and Minerva, reflect the ancestry

http://www.heraldmag.org/olb/Content...he Trinity.htm

We never called Gabriel god or trinity , it does not exist in Islam , this is your way of throwing you religions pagan roots and mistakes on others to cover your own religion
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread Information