the Bible VS the holy Qura'n

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات


مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات المرصد الإسلامي لمقاومة التنصير
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع الدعوة الإسلامية
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

 

       

         

 

    

 

 

    

 

the Bible VS the holy Qura'n

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 122

Thread: the Bible VS the holy Qura'n

  1. #11
    pandora's Avatar
    pandora is offline member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    712
    Religion
    Christianity
    Gender
    Female
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    07:22 PM

    Default

    Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by *اسلامي عزي* View Post
    @ Nosayr Allah

    may Allah bless you brother .



    I do not talk about the date of the Exodus .
    the bible made a big mistake and you say :" it is not a problem for Christians " !
    how do you explain the fact : YAHWEH does not know that the term " pharaoh " was not used as a title to refer to the Egyptian ruler during the MK ?????
    and hereby lies your problem.. Please accept my apology for not getting your point earlier.. You are thinking YHWH gave the Old Testament as per the Quran ... Word verbatim. The Bible has NEVER made this claim for itself. The Old Testament begins with the five books of Moses known as Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy....These books cover the history of mankind from the beginning of creation and then concentrate specifically on the history of the Israelites from the time of Abraham through to the great exodus of the Israelites from Egypt under the leadership of Moses. The Bible is very much a book of history... It's the unfolding of Gods plan for mankind... Told through his prophets... These prophets were given the revelation and the implicit understanding of Gods will to convey the revelation. There are parts that contain the actual words of YHWH in the Old Testament for sure, and it's quite clear where and what those words are.

    The following ten books cover the history of the nation and the rise of its prophets up to the time of David. Up to this point the books are all primarily historical. Then follows the second major part of the Old Testament, namely five books that are commonly known as the wisdom books because they concentrate on teaching about the knowledge of God and true, discerning faith in him. They include the Book of Job, the Psalms of David and the Proverbs of Solomon. Finally there are the remaining seventeen books of the Old Testament which are known as the books of the writing prophets as they record the prophecies of the later prophets of Jewish history ...such as Jonah, Daniel and Ezekiel...before the Old Testament scriptures were completed some four hundred and fifty years before Christ. Unlike the Quran the Bible is revealed in chronological order and historical context has great importance to the unfolding of the revelations.

    The Old Testament is a book defining God's dealings with the nation of Israel from the time of creation up to four hundred and fifty years before Christ.... It was completed nearly five centuries before the time of Jesus. It prepares the way for the Messiah.. Jesus .. And the main theme of most of the major prophets was prophesying was this very thing.. The Messiah.. Because that is the culmination of Gods plan for mankind's redemption. It was a given that worship of the one God.. YHWH.. Was a done deal.

    so given that in matters of historical content were not the words of YHWH.. But simply mankind relaying the historical context of the revelation. It hardly matters weather the term pharaoh was used before it's time or King was used or whatever term.. The meaning is clear.. The measures YHWH takes to lead His people to salvation. So it's not as big a mistake as you believe it to be.. The important point is we do not rely on the exodus, or even the law given to Moses from YHWH.. For our salvation.

    Quote
    Why pharaoh's first born is not called "prince" ????

    Exodus 11 : 5
    And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from
    the first born of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.

    peace to you .
    [/QUOTE]

    lol... Same reason.. Not that important as you say Pharaohs first born son we assume like yourselves in wife... Logically leads to the conclusion as the Pharaoh is royal thus his family are royal... I hope you do not see it a problem coming to the same conclusions you yourself make with your Quran.

    Peace also to you.



  2. #12
    Burninglight's Avatar
    Burninglight is offline new member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    496
    Religion
    Christianity
    Gender
    Male
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At
    07:53 PM

    Default

    Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by pandora View Post
    I think I see the point now... Lol.. I will answer in my next post..



    I don't buy that.. You cannot say prophet Mohammed never came into contact with materials written or otherwise and had knowledge of them. You cannot prove he did not so you can't rule out the possibility. I'm not saying he did or did not.. I'm just saying the possibility exists that information could have come his way. Word of mouth was like the newspapers of the day..or internet ;) information highway. The gospels were spread throughout that part of the world hundreds of years before prophet Mohammed was born.



    I personally find the Quran does not have much in the way of historical context, which sometimes makes it difficult to date things. Maybe you do not place much emphasis on that kind of thing and are happy with just a nominal mention on some facts. Which is a tiny bit ironic that you expect a different standard entirely when disseminating the Bible.. Demanding proof to the enth degree. Even though the Bible... Certainly the Old Testament is considerably older by a 1000+ years than the Quran....There is still proof to be had. Not that you would believe it.. I guess. ;)

    absolutely nothing wrong with the term "Pharaoh's wife"... On the same basis as what is wrong with the title "Pharaoh" being used in the Bible...



    I will get to this.. Now I see where your problem lies.. :) however... You can't really claim because the Quran is more accurate in the term used as evidence that the Bible used the same term. The problem is how you are comparing the books.

    Peace.
    Good points Pandora. Muslims still don't get that the Bible is not considered a dictation straight out of the mouth of God like the Quran is supposed to be. Sigh, I get tired repeating it. The Bible can contained variances as long as the central gospel message doesn't contradict itself we are fine. If any one tells me a book is directly from the mouth of God, it is guaranteed to have discrepancies, because no such books exists. God must be followed and obeyed by faith, and when we mix faith with God's grace the results in salvation and eternal life in paradise. There is no other name given whereby we might be saved but Jesus Christ. I have been following your posts and you are getting really good at presenting truth.

    Blessings to you.

  3. #13
    *اسلامي عزي*'s Avatar
    *اسلامي عزي* is offline خادم رسول الله
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,782
    Religion
    Islam
    Gender
    Male
    Last Activity
    07-12-2016
    At
    10:51 PM

    Default

    Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    Good points Pandora. Muslims still don't get that the Bible is not considered a dictation straight out of the mouth of God like the Quran is supposed to be.
    2Timothy 3 :16

    Quote

    All
    scripture is given by inspiration of God .

    All scripture is given by inspiration of YAHWEH even the term " pharaoh " who is a big historical mistake !



    peace to you .
    Last edited by *اسلامي عزي*; 20-07-2014 at 03:45 PM.



    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي



    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

    أنقر(ي) فضلا أدناه :


    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي



    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي



    اللهمّ اهدنا و اهد بنا ،

    اللهمّ لا سهل إلا ما جعلته سهلاً، وأنت تجعل الحزن إذا شئت يارب سهلاً، اللهمّ سهّل علينا أمورنا واجعل أعمالنا خالصة لوجهك الكريم نلقاك بها يارب يوم
    الدين.

    آمين... آمين... آمين.



    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي



  4. #14
    نصير الدين's Avatar
    نصير الدين is offline عضو مميز
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    478
    Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    03-10-2016
    At
    07:07 PM

    Default

    Quote
    I don't buy that.. You cannot say prophet Mohammed never came into contact with materials written or otherwise and had knowledge of them. You cannot prove he did not so you can't rule out the possibility.
    Now if , I'm saying IF we agree with this "possibility" , how on Earth did he choose what's right and leave the huge loads of falsehood ? You're not convinced if we say he's illiterate , you're not convinced if we say he never left his land , you're not convinced when we tell you his life is recorded in detail and the many enemies of Romans , Persians , and Arabians would have knew if he had been "quoting" someone . Not to mention that they failed completely to state what these imaginary sources are .

    Quote
    absolutely nothing wrong with the term "Pharaoh's wife"... On the same basis as what is wrong with the title "Pharaoh" being used in the Bible...
    Now let's say it's not a mistake in hte Bible , Quran would be more accurate . That's the point .

  5. #15
    Burninglight's Avatar
    Burninglight is offline new member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    496
    Religion
    Christianity
    Gender
    Male
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At
    07:53 PM

    Default

    Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by نصير الدين View Post
    Now if , I'm saying IF we agree with this "possibility" , how on Earth did he choose what's right and leave the huge loads of falsehood ? You're not convinced if we say he's illiterate , you're not convinced if we say he never left his land , you're not convinced when we tell you his life is recorded in detail and the many enemies of Romans , Persians , and Arabians would have knew if he had been "quoting" someone . Not to mention that they failed completely to state what these imaginary sources are .



    Now let's say it's not a mistake in hte Bible , Quran would be more accurate . That's the point .
    It is not the point to me that you are insidiously trying to make; moreover, you do have a very funny way of seeing things. Let's say the Quran has the more correct term. It has had several hundreds of more years to get it right. If the Bible was written the same time as the Quran perhaps it may have used the same or a better term. These arguments are futile and do not get to the root of the problem between the Bible and Quran. Moreover, as far as 2 Timothy, some versions of the Bible interpret this as "All Scripture given by God is good..." It is obvious that not all Scriptures written in some versions of the Bible are God breathed by inspiration, but the central gospel message that can be found in most Bibles is along with every Scripture pertaining to it. For the nth time the Bible wasn't received as a verbatim word from God as the Quran was supposedly; so, you cannot judge it the same way you are trying to.
    Show me a Bible that says Jesus didn't die and He didn't rise from the dead or that He wasn't born of a virgin or that says God is not a trinity or there is no tri unity pertaining to the one God or that Jesus is not the son of God or that Jesus is not divine and not coming back or His blood is not what cleanses us from sin. You won't find it. This is what we base the central gospel message on and what is God breathed by inspiration. All other things you mention are trivial. Nice try or attempt to destroy the Bible. Maybe we should concentrate on dispelling misconceptions we have about each other's religion instead of trying to destroy them?

    Peace

  6. #16
    pandora's Avatar
    pandora is offline member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    712
    Religion
    Christianity
    Gender
    Female
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    07:22 PM

    Default

    Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by *اسلامي عزي* View Post
    2Timothy 3 :16



    All scripture is given by inspiration of YAHWEH even the term " pharaoh " who is a big historical mistake !



    peace to you .
    Look up the word ~~ INSPIRATION ~~ and please do NOT say YHWH makes mistakes. For you to accuse Almighty God of making mistakes... I think is a very big mistake on your part..



    Peace

  7. #17
    pandora's Avatar
    pandora is offline member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    712
    Religion
    Christianity
    Gender
    Female
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    07:22 PM

    Default

    Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by نصير الدين View Post
    Now if , I'm saying IF we agree with this "possibility" , how on Earth did he choose what's right and leave the huge loads of falsehood ? You're not convinced if we say he's illiterate , you're not convinced if we say he never left his land , you're not convinced when we tell you his life is recorded in detail and the many enemies of Romans , Persians , and Arabians would have knew if he had been "quoting" someone . Not to mention that they failed completely to state what these imaginary sources are .
    It's your belief that he chose what's right and left out falsehoods. The fact weather or not prophet Mohammed was illiterate or not makes no difference really. Sure, I find it odd that he ran his wife's business and over his lifetime despite being chosen as a prophet (your belief) he never thought that it be better to become literate the better to serve Allah. Does not Allah wish for people to educate themselves? However, he employed scribes, he was intelligent, he could hear and see... So assuming he spoke to people.. Jews and Christians of the time, of which there is evidence he did do... Then I still don't see how you can rule out the possibility that he heard and was influenced by those around him.
    Yes, his life was recorded in detail.. In the aHadith? Of which there seems to be a great quantity which are considered as authentic or not as the case may be.. Who decides what is authentic? And when was it decided?
    In regards to his enemies not noticing.. Or people not mentioning something they disagreed with.. Well, you don't know for sure they did not notice... Maybe someone corrupted or changed the texts... Are you sure no one mentioned the similarity of certain sources.. From Jewish writings etc? There must have been good reason for Jews and Christians of the time chose to reject Mohammed's claim as a prophet.. Otherwise they would have all been muslims. I can see why the Christians would not.. But the Jews were still awaiting their "Messiah" they had already rejected Jesus... Yet also rejected Mohammed.

    Im not convinced of a lot of things... That is why I question things that do not add up to me.. I accept this could be down to my own misunderstanding when it comes to interpreting the Quran... As I have to compare it with what I already have and when I do that.. Then certain things do not make sense to me. I can respect that you have no such issues because you do not compare Islam to anything or see any faults. I struggle to see what the Quran brings that is "new" or improvement on what I already have in Jesus.


    Quote
    Now let's say it's not a mistake in hte Bible , Quran would be more accurate . That's the point .
    Fair enough..

    Peace.

  8. #18
    *اسلامي عزي*'s Avatar
    *اسلامي عزي* is offline خادم رسول الله
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,782
    Religion
    Islam
    Gender
    Male
    Last Activity
    07-12-2016
    At
    10:51 PM

    Default

    Quote
    please do NOT say YHWH makes mistakes. For you to accuse Almighty God of making mistakes...
    I think is a very big mistake on your part..
    the bible who say YAHWEH makes mistakes - Errors - not me !

    God is perfect !
    he can not makes mistakes nor sleeps !


    This is our belief !

    Allah says :

    There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the Hearing, the Seeing.

    the holy Quran 42 : 11


    p.e.a.c.e



    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي



    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

    أنقر(ي) فضلا أدناه :


    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي



    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي



    اللهمّ اهدنا و اهد بنا ،

    اللهمّ لا سهل إلا ما جعلته سهلاً، وأنت تجعل الحزن إذا شئت يارب سهلاً، اللهمّ سهّل علينا أمورنا واجعل أعمالنا خالصة لوجهك الكريم نلقاك بها يارب يوم
    الدين.

    آمين... آمين... آمين.



    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي



  9. #19
    pandora's Avatar
    pandora is offline member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    712
    Religion
    Christianity
    Gender
    Female
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    07:22 PM

    Default

    Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by *اسلامي عزي* View Post
    the bible who say YAHWEH makes mistakes - Errors - not me !

    God is perfect !
    he can not makes mistakes nor sleeps !


    This is our belief !

    Allah says :

    There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the Hearing, the Seeing.

    the holy Quran 42 : 11


    p.e.a.c.e
    Er nope... The Bible does not say YHWH makes mistakes. As YHWH is perfect making mistakes is not a possibility. You just believe the Bible says thus.. Because it suits your purpose to disbelief in its truth. YOU made this claim based on your misunderstanding of scripture.. Then you pass the blame for your short coming in this regard.

    It does not work that way.

    Peace upon you.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    947
    Last Activity
    07-12-2016
    At
    03:30 PM

    Default

    Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by pandora View Post
    Er nope... The Bible does not say YHWH makes mistakes. As YHWH is perfect making mistakes is not a possibility. You just believe the Bible says thus.. Because it suits your purpose to disbelief in its truth. YOU made this claim based on your misunderstanding of scripture.. Then you pass the blame for your short coming in this regard.

    It does not work that way.

    Peace upon you.



    Apparantly you have not read your bible :

    And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

    Exodus 32: 14
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

the Bible VS the holy Qura'n

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tawhid in the Holy Bible and Islam
    By bahiraomar in forum English Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 17-08-2014, 12:08 AM
  2. Nasa confirms the divine origin of the holy Qura'n
    By *اسلامي عزي* in forum English Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-07-2014, 07:23 PM
  3. The opinion of "George Bernard Shaw" in " The Holy Bible"?
    By عثمان أحمد الشيخ in forum English Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-02-2014, 04:29 AM
  4. The image of God in the Holy Bible
    By عثمان أحمد الشيخ in forum English Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-01-2014, 07:37 AM
  5. Bible compared to Qura'an - Nice article for Estes
    By نسيبة بنت كعب in forum English Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-11-2005, 10:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

the Bible VS the holy Qura'n

the Bible VS the holy Qura'n