A Comparison of Prophethood in the Qur’an and Bible.

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات


مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

 

       

         

 

    

 

 

    

 

A Comparison of Prophethood in the Qur’an and Bible.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: A Comparison of Prophethood in the Qur’an and Bible.

  1. #11
    pandora's Avatar
    pandora is offline member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    711
    Religion
    Christianity
    Gender
    Female
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    07:22 PM

    Default

    Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by شمائل View Post
    The Bible says the opposite, Return of the dialogue

    The problem you are trying to justify and interpret the texts of the Bible is meant

    Believes that others are stupid to believe anything that is said

    There are mind distinguish him
    if you feel the Bible says the opposite please bring some verses so I can see where you are coming to this conclusion.

    I certainly do not believe you are in any way stupid, you simply do not understand the Bible.. And I do not blame you for that.. I expect you have always been told that the Bible is corrupt etc.. You have to believe this.. I don't have this preformed idea of the Quran as the Bible never mentions it. So I can look at it objectively and see if in my view it offers anything better than what I already have in the Bible. Well... Sorry it does not. The way the Quran presents the biblical prophets has little to do with the reality of the prophets being first and foremost human. It's view of the prophets seems to me akin to a fairy tale. I do not wish to cause offence by that remark.. But if I am to be honest that's how it seems to me. Besides you say far worse about my Holy Book.. It's not my wish that you remain in ignorance of what Christians believe and what the Bible actually says as opposed to what you think we believe and what you think the Bible says. Reject the truth of the Bible by all means.. You are free to do so.. But firstly you really should understand what it is you reject.

    I don't need to justify any thing in the Bible. As the inspired word of God it needs no justification from me! It speaks for itself. It is clear to me, but for you.. Who have never looked at the Bible seriously through seeing eyes.. Don't see it, and constantly or maybe even wilfully see things out of context. I am simply attempting to explain where you interpret things wrongly..


    Quote
    You must consider the subject on the other hand, how God chooses men liars to carry the teachings of the Lord


    Today states choose the best representatives, worked as ambassadors to other countries


    The Lord of Christians (promenade) chooses people practicing all sins, and that their mission is funny human and moral
    God did not purposely choose liars?? God chose men and women whom for the most part were upstanding and pious individuals. Yet, being human they were prone to the same weaknesses and temptations as the rest of us.
    Yes.. We as society choose the best representatives, in democracies we vote for those who we admire and who we feel will best serve our interests. However, we have no guarantee that those we choose will live up to our expectations. In fact more often than not they fail. Because they are human.
    The very reason Jesus was born of woman and not created in the way of Adam was to make us right and once again holy so we can too share in the Glory of God. Without the sinless being of Jesus we will always fall short of Gods Glory that's why He said He was the only way to God the Father... I have no reason to assume that He did not mean what he said.. And being sinless and perfect I believe He was telling the truth.


    Quote
    We believe that human nature is good, not evil
    Thats your first mistake then. :) it can't be just good.. Otherwise we would be free from sin, which we are not. For good to exist then evil also has to exist. Without evil we have no way of understanding what is good. Evil is deception.. If you are deceived into thinking that human nature is by default all good then you leave yourself open to deception... Because you will not recognise it for what it is or know how to fight and defeat it.

    Peace.

  2. #12
    فداء الرسول's Avatar
    فداء الرسول is offline رحمك الله يا سمية
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,681
    Religion
    Islam
    Gender
    Female
    Last Activity
    30-11-2017
    At
    11:44 AM

    Default

    You do not know anything about the Bible nor the Koran, you're only talking emotionally

    We want to agree on your side and the bad to the Lord and the prophets in the Bible, arguing brothers in humanity

    You must know, we are working to remove all those lies about God and Jesus and all the prophets (peace be upon them)



    Allah has not taken any son, nor has there ever been with Him any deity. [If there had been], then each deity would have taken what it created, and some of them would have sought to overcome others. Exalted is Allah above what they describe [concerning Him].


    Quote
    We as society choose the best representatives, in democracies we vote for those who we admire and who we feel will best serve our interests. However, we have no guarantee that those we choose will live up to our expectations
    We do not know the unseen, but God knows the future. For this, God knows who they aremorally better people to be his apostles

    Logically, it is unfair to force me a prophet or prophetess: adulterer or a liar or a thief, tofollow his teachings

    Is not morally qualified to carry the message and the Lord's

    Yahya related to me from Malik that he had heard that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "I was sent to perfect good character."

    (The Verse) "Hold to forgiveness; command what is right..." was revealed by Allah except in connection with the character of the people. `Abdullah bin Az-Zubair said: Allah ordered His Prophet to forgive the people their misbehavior (towards him).


    Thats your first mistake then. :) it can't be just good.. Otherwise we would be free from sin, which we are not. For good to exist then evil also has to exist. Without evil we have no way of understanding what is good. Evil is deception.. If you are deceived into thinking that human nature is by default all good then you leave yourself open to deception... Because you will not recognise it for what it is or know how to fight and defeat it.
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

    تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

  3. #13
    فداء الرسول's Avatar
    فداء الرسول is offline رحمك الله يا سمية
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,681
    Religion
    Islam
    Gender
    Female
    Last Activity
    30-11-2017
    At
    11:44 AM

    Default



    Quote
    Thats your first mistake then. :) it can't be just good.. Otherwise we would be free from sin, which we are not. For good to exist then evil also has to exist. Without evil we have no way of understanding what is good. Evil is deception.. If you are deceived into thinking that human nature is by default all good then you leave yourself open to deception... Because you will not recognise it for what it is or know how to fight and defeat it.
    Goodnessis the root,and the evil inclination because of the whispers of Satan and society

    Islam believes that human nature is the love of the good and not evil

    Contrary to what you believe in,there is no difference between Satan and man in Christianity
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

    تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

  4. #14
    pandora's Avatar
    pandora is offline member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    711
    Religion
    Christianity
    Gender
    Female
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    07:22 PM

    Default

    Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by شمائل View Post
    You do not know anything about the Bible nor the Koran, you're only talking emotionally

    We want to agree on your side and the bad to the Lord and the prophets in the Bible, arguing brothers in humanity

    You must know, we are working to remove all those lies about God and Jesus and all the prophets (peace be upon them)



    Allah has not taken any son, nor has there ever been with Him any deity. [If there had been], then each deity would have taken what it created, and some of them would have sought to overcome others. Exalted is Allah above what they describe [concerning Him].
    Ooo.. How very dare you to claim so bold that I know nothing of the Bible! I accept it is fair to say that I do not know as much as you about the Quran. But my dear, from your posts is clear that you know very little of the Bible, and what you think you know it's clear you do not understand.
    I may talk emotionally, that's because I am very passionate about my faith, My God and my Saviour Jesus Christ... There is nothing wrong with emotion, emotion powers our lives without it we are automatons.. Love is emotion, by loving The Lord my God and His Word Jesus Christ, I can also love you... Even though we never meet and at times you can be a cruel and harsh person.. That is no obstacle to me being able to love you as a sister in humanity. My God demands it of me.. And it a demand that I am only to happy to accede to, because I know as God is love., then loving is to be nearer to Him. So that's the way this cookie crumbles.. Like it or not.

    what you are actually wanting.. Is for Christians to agree that how the Quran portrays the prophets is better than the way they are portrayed in the Bible. Be honest, here... Is that not the case? Well.. That's not going to happen... We see God as Truth therefore follows His word is Truth.. The Bible makes it clear why God chose prophets thus.. They were real people, ordinary people touched by God to carry His revelation to mankind.. It was for that they were honoured among men, it was for that they are honoured today. They are honoured in truth because we see them as real, faults and all. We can identify with them and by doing so understand how much we are all in need of Gods forgiveness and mercy. They are not fairy tale princes or supermen and women.. Just people who were especially chosen by God. It's not for us to ponder why God chose them above others. As I said if there is a particular account you are having problem understanding then.. Post it I will try and explain it for you.

    Sweetie, there are no lies for you to worry about... You cannot remove the truth of Gods words, and you cannot say they are lies because you don't like them or don't agree with what they say. It doesn't work like that.

    Quote
    We do not know the unseen, but God knows the future. For this, God knows who they aremorally better people to be his apostles

    Logically, it is unfair to force me a prophet or prophetess: adulterer or a liar or a thief, tofollow his teachings

    Is not morally qualified to carry the message and the Lord's

    Yahya related to me from Malik that he had heard that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "I was sent to perfect good character."

    (The Verse) "Hold to forgiveness; command what is right..." was revealed by Allah except in connection with the character of the people. `Abdullah bin Az-Zubair said: Allah ordered His Prophet to forgive the people their misbehavior (towards him).


    Thats your first mistake then. :) it can't be just good.. Otherwise we would be free from sin, which we are not. For good to exist then evil also has to exist. Without evil we have no way of understanding what is good. Evil is deception.. If you are deceived into thinking that human nature is by default all good then you leave yourself open to deception... Because you will not recognise it for what it is or know how to fight and defeat it.

  5. #15
    pandora's Avatar
    pandora is offline member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    711
    Religion
    Christianity
    Gender
    Female
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    07:22 PM

    Default

    Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by شمائل View Post




    Goodnessis the root,and the evil inclination because of the whispers of Satan and society
    Goodness is the root, for sure we are not born bad.. To sin one has to know the difference between good and bad.. A newborn does not have this ability so we are all born good. However... The difference being, we are born with a propensity to sin... Which like it or not stems from Adams fall from grace, if this were not so... We would not be committing any sin. Society is made up of mankind if sin were not within mankind then it would not exist in society. As for Satan.. He has no need to be whispering in ears.. He is bigger than that. His goal is to steal souls from God and take these souls for himself..if our sin alone was a surety of achieving this aim then he need do nothing... For all of us sin.. It is our state. However, those of us who believe have Gods mercy to rely on. The Bible tells us that Jesus is the way to God, Jesus says so Himself that He is the way.. Not A way, but the only way. You have chosen to take pot luck and believe you can make it on your own just by repenting of your sins, doing good deeds and all will be well. I hope you are right.. And Satan does not already have one hand one your soul thinking you could become his.

    [QUOTE]Islam believes that human nature is the love of the good and not evil[/QURAN]

    is this really the case? Does reality of the world we live in and the state of mankind lead you to believe this fact..based on logic and evidence? If human nature only loved good.. Then why are people so bad? You, as Muslim pride yourself on the need of logical evidence to bolster your belief..where is your logic here??? Does the Quran itself lay claim to this belief? Because the Quran like the Bible recognises that Adams fall from grace is fact, and also recognises that this fall has eternal consequences for mankind.. If Adam was simply forgiven then there would be no further consequences. The fact that Adam was expelled from Paradise with no way back, and was condemned to die.. (Which meant spiritual death.. Far more serious than physical death) and live out a life of toil on earth.. Along with all his descendants to follow.. is proof enough that we as descendants of Adams share in this legacy.

    Quote
    Contrary to what you believe in,there is no difference between Satan and man in Christianity
    There is a huge difference between Satan and man!! Honestly, I despair sometimes at the things you say!!!!! However, I see the Bible gives a greater understanding of the nature, aims and objectives of Satan and in knowing that also shows us how the better to avoid his deceptions and cleave to God. If you are thinking Satan is some bad guy who creeps around whispering evil temptations in your ear.. Then woe betide you. Satan knows who Jesus is.. And he fears Jesus. Jesus has the power to cast out demons. Jesus won against Satan by conquering death on our behalf... So by this we are saved and will achieve eternal life..

    Peace to you.

  6. #16
    فداء الرسول's Avatar
    فداء الرسول is offline رحمك الله يا سمية
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,681
    Religion
    Islam
    Gender
    Female
    Last Activity
    30-11-2017
    At
    11:44 AM

    Default

    Unfortunately, the dialogue with you at an impasse

    You are not obliged to tell me what you believe? Dialogue means to provide proof script,realistic, logical

    What you are doing you and your friend is far from true dialogue

    Admitted you beat your affection for your mind, and this is not enough to reply to you
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

    تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

  7. #17
    pandora's Avatar
    pandora is offline member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    711
    Religion
    Christianity
    Gender
    Female
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    07:22 PM

    Default

    Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by شمائل View Post
    Unfortunately, the dialogue with you at an impasse

    You are not obliged to tell me what you believe? Dialogue means to provide proof script,realistic, logical

    What you are doing you and your friend is far from true dialogue

    Admitted you beat your affection for your mind, and this is not enough to reply to you
    Well, for sure it's sad that you feel you can no longer answer my queries or I yours. I'm really not sure what proof you would wish me to bring here.. Do you mean verses from the Bible? You bring enough for both.. I have tried time and time again to explain in simple terms where you misunderstand the verses you are posting.. But you just aren't interested in knowing or accepting you do not understand something. There is no proof that would ever satisfy you and your fellows here because you are not interested in proof.. You have already decided you are right, you have committed yourself to this stance and it is not possible for you to accept any proof no matter how convincing it may be.. Because you are not allowed to think outside the box.

    I offered in my previous post if you wish to choose a verses or account of a particular prophet that specifically causes you a problem of understanding.. We could discuss it further. No matter.

    peace and blessings to you from me..

  8. #18
    Burninglight's Avatar
    Burninglight is offline new member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    496
    Religion
    Christianity
    Gender
    Male
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At
    07:53 PM

    Default

    Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by شمائل View Post
    Unfortunately, the dialogue with you at an impasse

    You are not obliged to tell me what you believe? Dialogue means to provide proof script,realistic, logical

    What you are doing you and your friend is far from true dialogue

    Admitted you beat your affection for your mind, and this is not enough to reply to you
    You give me the impression that the only thing you consider to be true dialogue are with those that agree that Islam is the true religion and Christianity is false. If that is the case, what you are doing is not true dialogue. Moreover, I can honestly say Pandora's view of Christianity is sound, and you can learn a lot of what is true about Christianity from her my sister of humanity. I will start a thread called "true dialogue."

    Peace

  9. #19
    فداء الرسول's Avatar
    فداء الرسول is offline رحمك الله يا سمية
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,681
    Religion
    Islam
    Gender
    Female
    Last Activity
    30-11-2017
    At
    11:44 AM

    Default

    That we were against the dialogue, Christians were not allowed to write to the forumIslamist
    You know the Arabic language, you can see the debates in Arabic
    The problem you and Pandora, you are talking about Christianity passion does not mind
    Islam is a religion of the mind. This will not convince us fake stories to tell you about Christianity
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

    تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

  10. #20
    pandora's Avatar
    pandora is offline member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    711
    Religion
    Christianity
    Gender
    Female
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    07:22 PM

    Default

    Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by شمائل View Post
    That we were against the dialogue, Christians were not allowed to write to the forumIslamist
    You know the Arabic language, you can see the debates in Arabic
    The problem you and Pandora, you are talking about Christianity passion does not mind
    Islam is a religion of the mind. This will not convince us fake stories to tell you about Christianity
    I accept it's fair enough that it is an Islamist forum, however this section (English section) I thought was for interfaith dialogue. As I remember this was the reason I was invited here as a guest.. At least I thought that was the reason.. And I was told that was so. I expect many of the members do not speak English and so would it matter what interfaith dialogue was posted here as they would not read it anyway?. So is this section then just for Dawah purposes?

    Now... Dear heart.. I wish I knew your name or a name I could address you in English.. As calling you dear or dear heart sometimes comes across as patronising and that's not my wish, and I hope you do not think I patronise you by this term. Anyway.. I take exception to your objection to us talking with passion about Christianity!! I am passionate about it.. My Absolute faith in my God and my Saviour Jesus are important before everything else in my life. How can I not be passionate about this???? I am not an automaton.. And nothing ..BUT NOTHING.. I have ever posted here is a "fake story" about Christianity. I have been here long enough surely for you to see I am not a fake person, I am honest in my dealings, as I am honest with myself. It's not my task here to convince you or anyone of anything.. I am not that arrogant to think I have that kind of power at my finger tips.. lol.. If I did I would not be a humble Librarian .. :)

    Islam is a religion of the mind.... Well, then I can see it is not for me.. My religion is for my mind and body, But more importantly it's for my soul and my spirit. I can see now.. You are held back by fear.. Fear of the unknown... Fear of Allah.. Should you get it wrong.. Fear of knowledge of other faiths.. In case it raises questions you do not like in your logical mind. Fear of non muslims because you don't understand us..

    Please don't be afraid. I am not a monster to tempt you away from what you hold as your truth.. I only want to try and make you understand that most of your beliefs about Christians and Christianity are false. I simply wish to dispel misconceptions ..

    I am NOT inviting you to Christianity.... Jesus invites.. There is no compulsion attached., I am opening a door to show you our way is not so different to yours.. That we all wish to be forgiven our sins and enter Heaven/Paradise and be saved. I know I am saved in Christ you don't have that.

    Peace to you my dear sister in humanity. May God bless and keep you.

    Sorry for for the wordy post.. Also I was going to post a flower on the end.. But I have lost the emoticons again.. :)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A Comparison of Prophethood in the Qur’an and Bible.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What is Prophethood in Islam?
    By فداء الرسول in forum Following Up With New Muslims
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-06-2014, 12:31 PM
  2. Comparison Between the Bible and the Quran
    By nemogh in forum English Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 12:19 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-11-2010, 01:19 AM
  4. Bible Expert Left ChristianiDr Bart Ehrman lecturing about the history of Bible part1
    By nohataha in forum منتدى قصص المسلمين الجدد
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-04-2010, 02:22 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-08-2006, 08:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

A Comparison of Prophethood in the Qur’an and Bible.

A Comparison of Prophethood in the Qur’an and Bible.