Interview with Burninglight :. About the status of women in Islam and Christianity

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات


مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

 

       

         

 

    

 

 

    

 

Interview with Burninglight :. About the status of women in Islam and Christianity

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 66

Thread: Interview with Burninglight :. About the status of women in Islam and Christianity

  1. #11
    فداء الرسول's Avatar
    فداء الرسول is offline رحمك الله يا سمية
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,681
    Religion
    Islam
    Gender
    Female
    Last Activity
    30-11-2017
    At
    11:44 AM

    Default

    Quote
    Lets move on to Islam Muhammad claims that the wit of a woman is half that of a man. How could he feel that way when it was his wife that encouraged him to believe he wasn't possessed by devils, but he was a prophet of Allah. Or is it true that the woman is the cause of paradise lost for the man? I ask only rhetorically, lol, I know woman is no more evil than men. Adam had the power to choose not to follow Eve, and Muhammad had power to choose to reject the counsel of his wife, but he didn't and Adam didn't. Jesus is the only one who went against all influences of sin and stood alone in this area, because He was and is the only perfect human being, the son of man and the son of God! The sin is rejecting Jesus as Lord and Savior.





    It is true that the Quran has instructed the believers dealing in financial transactions to get two male witnesses or one male and two females



    O you who have believed, when you contract a debt for a specified term, write it down. And let a scribe write [it] between you in justice. Let no scribe refuse to write as Allah has taught him. So let him write and let the one who has the obligation dictate. And let him fear Allah , his Lord, and not leave anything out of it. But if the one who has the obligation is of limited understanding or weak or unable to dictate himself, then let his guardian dictate in justice. And bring to witness two witnesses from among your men. And if there are not two men [available], then a man and two women from those whom you accept as witnesses - so that if one of the women errs, then the other can remind her. And let not the witnesses refuse when they are called upon. And do not be [too] weary to write it, whether it is small or large, for its [specified] term. That is more just in the sight of Allah and stronger as evidence and more likely to prevent doubt between you, except when it is an immediate transaction which you conduct among yourselves. For [then] there is no blame upon you if you do not write it. And take witnesses when you conclude a contract. Let no scribe be harmed or any witness. For if you do so, indeed, it is [grave] disobedience in you. And fear Allah . And Allah teaches you. And Allah is Knowing of all things.

    (Quran 2:282).

    However, it is also true that the Quran in other situations accepts the testimony of a woman as equal to that of a man. In fact the woman's testimony can even invalidate the man's. If a man accuses his wife of unchastity, he is required by the Quran to solemnly swear five times as evidence of the wife's guilt. If the wife denies and swears similarly five times, she is not considered guilty and in either case the marriage is dissolved

    And those who accuse their wives [of adultery] and have no witnesses except themselves - then the witness of one of them [shall be] four testimonies [swearing] by Allah that indeed, he is of the truthful.

    And the fifth [oath will be] that the curse of Allah be upon him if he should be among the liars.
    But it will prevent punishment from her if she gives four testimonies [swearing] by Allah that indeed, he is of the liars.
    And the fifth [oath will be] that the wrath of Allah be upon her if he was of the truthful
    And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy... and because Allah is Accepting of repentance and Wise.
    Indeed, those who came with falsehood are a group among you. Do not think it bad for you; rather it is good for you. For every person among them is what [punishment] he has earned from the sin, and he who took upon himself the greater portion thereof - for him is a great punishment.





    (Quran 24:6-11).





    What about the Christian Law

    If a man accuses his wife of unchastity, her testimony will not be considered at all according to the Bible. The accused wife has to be subjected to a trial by ordeal. In this trial, the wife faces a complex and humiliating ritual which was supposed to prove her guilt or innocence (Num. 5:11-31) . If she is found guilty after this ordeal, she will be sentenced to death. If she is found not guilty, her husband will be innocent of any wrongdoing.


    Besides, if a man takes a woman as a wife and then accuses her of not being a virgin, her own testimony will not count. Her parents had to bring evidence of her virginity before the elders of the town. If the parents could not prove the innocence of their daughter, she would be stoned to death on
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

    تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

  2. #12
    Burninglight's Avatar
    Burninglight is offline new member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    496
    Religion
    Christianity
    Gender
    Male
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At
    07:53 PM

    Default

    Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by شمائل View Post
    It is true that the Quran has instructed the believers dealing in financial transactions to get two male witnesses or one male and two females



    O you who have believed, when you contract a debt for a specified term, write it down. And let a scribe write [it] between you in justice. Let no scribe refuse to write as Allah has taught him. So let him write and let the one who has the obligation dictate. And let him fear Allah , his Lord, and not leave anything out of it. But if the one who has the obligation is of limited understanding or weak or unable to dictate himself, then let his guardian dictate in justice. And bring to witness two witnesses from among your men. And if there are not two men [available], then a man and two women from those whom you accept as witnesses - so that if one of the women errs, then the other can remind her. And let not the witnesses refuse when they are called upon. And do not be [too] weary to write it, whether it is small or large, for its [specified] term. That is more just in the sight of Allah and stronger as evidence and more likely to prevent doubt between you, except when it is an immediate transaction which you conduct among yourselves. For [then] there is no blame upon you if you do not write it. And take witnesses when you conclude a contract. Let no scribe be harmed or any witness. For if you do so, indeed, it is [grave] disobedience in you. And fear Allah . And Allah teaches you. And Allah is Knowing of all things.

    (Quran 2:282).

    However, it is also true that the Quran in other situations accepts the testimony of a woman as equal to that of a man. In fact the woman's testimony can even invalidate the man's. If a man accuses his wife of unchastity, he is required by the Quran to solemnly swear five times as evidence of the wife's guilt. If the wife denies and swears similarly five times, she is not considered guilty and in either case the marriage is dissolved

    And those who accuse their wives [of adultery] and have no witnesses except themselves - then the witness of one of them [shall be] four testimonies [swearing] by Allah that indeed, he is of the truthful.

    And the fifth [oath will be] that the curse of Allah be upon him if he should be among the liars.
    But it will prevent punishment from her if she gives four testimonies [swearing] by Allah that indeed, he is of the liars.
    And the fifth [oath will be] that the wrath of Allah be upon her if he was of the truthful
    And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy... and because Allah is Accepting of repentance and Wise.
    Indeed, those who came with falsehood are a group among you. Do not think it bad for you; rather it is good for you. For every person among them is what [punishment] he has earned from the sin, and he who took upon himself the greater portion thereof - for him is a great punishment.





    (Quran 24:6-11).





    What about the Christian Law

    If a man accuses his wife of unchastity, her testimony will not be considered at all according to the Bible. The accused wife has to be subjected to a trial by ordeal. In this trial, the wife faces a complex and humiliating ritual which was supposed to prove her guilt or innocence (Num. 5:11-31) . If she is found guilty after this ordeal, she will be sentenced to death. If she is found not guilty, her husband will be innocent of any wrongdoing.


    Besides, if a man takes a woman as a wife and then accuses her of not being a virgin, her own testimony will not count. Her parents had to bring evidence of her virginity before the elders of the town. If the parents could not prove the innocence of their daughter, she would be stoned to death on
    Maybe you could explain this to us, because Allah claims to have sent down the torah, LOL. Why would Allah say such a thing or why would man want to corrupt the torah to make it say such a thing???

    The burden of proof is on you. If you cannot prove innocence in your statement, what will Allah do to you since he sent this information down supposedly, and he is willing to stone a falsely accused virgin if the father cannot proof her innocence. If we have a problem with this verse then so do you. So what is your point in quoting it? We stand on equal footing here.

    Peace

  3. #13
    فداء الرسول's Avatar
    فداء الرسول is offline رحمك الله يا سمية
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,681
    Religion
    Islam
    Gender
    Female
    Last Activity
    30-11-2017
    At
    11:44 AM

    Default

    Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    Maybe you could explain this to us, because Allah claims to have sent down the torah, LOL. Why would Allah say such a thing or why would man want to corrupt the torah to make it say such a thing???

    The burden of proof is on you. If you cannot prove innocence in your statement, what will Allah do to you since he sent this information down supposedly, and he is willing to stone a falsely accused virgin if the father cannot proof her innocence. If we have a problem with this verse then so do you. So what is your point in quoting it? We stand on equal footing here.

    Peace
    Are you from the Orthodox community

    All the men of the church are corrupt?
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

    تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

  4. #14
    Burninglight's Avatar
    Burninglight is offline new member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    496
    Religion
    Christianity
    Gender
    Male
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At
    07:53 PM

    Default

    Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by شمائل View Post
    Are you from the Orthodox community

    All the men of the church are corrupt?
    All men of the church are corrupt? Where do you get this information? God only has one body of believers either you are His or you're not. Those that are His, are the true church, and God deals with them as His children. There are different church names of where people get together in the name of Christ that are called this or that church, but they part of the larger body of Christ the church. There is really only one true church, and it is not the Catholic Church. Jesus in Revelation points out things that are wrong with the different churches and tells them to repent or He will come and bring judgment on them. God punishes those He loves, because He deals with us as His children. Look at Rev. 2
    When will I be able to post directly like you?
    Peace

  5. #15
    فداء الرسول's Avatar
    فداء الرسول is offline رحمك الله يا سمية
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,681
    Religion
    Islam
    Gender
    Female
    Last Activity
    30-11-2017
    At
    11:44 AM

    Default

    Christian clergy are corrupt, according to your posts



    Women and inheritance in Islam and Christianity


    Numbers 27

    8 "Say to the Israelites, 'If a man dies and leaves no son, turn his inheritance over to his daughter.
    9 If he has no daughter, give his inheritance to his brothers.
    10 If he has no brothers, give his inheritance to his father's brothers.
    11 If his father had no brothers, give his inheritance to the nearest relative in his clan, that he may possess it. This is to be a legal requirement for the Israelites, as the LORD commanded Moses.' "


    Deuteronomy 21


    15 If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons but the firstborn is the son of the wife he does not love,
    16 when he wills his property to his sons, he must not give the rights of the firstborn to the son of the wife he loves in preference to his actual firstborn, the son of the wife he does not love.
    17 He must acknowledge the son of his unloved wife as the firstborn by giving him a double share of all he has. That son is the first sign of his father's strength. The right of the firstborn belongs to him.
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

    تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

  6. #16
    Burninglight's Avatar
    Burninglight is offline new member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    496
    Religion
    Christianity
    Gender
    Male
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At
    07:53 PM

    Default

    Not all clergy are corrupted but many are; so, there are corrupt people in the world in all religions. Nothing to gain talking of this.

    As for the verses you quoted up here from the torah, I must ask why are you doing this? You are just beating the air. You share the in the torah as much as Christians do; in fact, we even less, because Muhammad lived by them. He stone a woman caught in adultery according to the OT laws. We don't live our lives according to the OT torah laws. That was for the children of Israel at a certain time of dispensation. We live according to the NT Bible. We don't stone people caught in adultery like they did back then. So, why are you bringing an irrelevant argument? Lets focus on the treatment of woman in Islam today or during our life time as compared and contrasted to Christianity

    Peace
    PS......... when will this forum stop being unfair, and let us post like they let Muslims directly? Who is discriminating against non-Muslims or responsible for it? I could understand the control for thirty of forty posts, but this is ridiculous.

  7. #17
    فداء الرسول's Avatar
    فداء الرسول is offline رحمك الله يا سمية
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,681
    Religion
    Islam
    Gender
    Female
    Last Activity
    30-11-2017
    At
    11:44 AM

    Default

    Is there in the New Testament about the provisions of inheritance

    You believe in the Old Testament? It seems that the Old Testament from the point of viewof women injustice

    Point system

    Do not talk about Islam without proof text
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

    تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

  8. #18
    Burninglight's Avatar
    Burninglight is offline new member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    496
    Religion
    Christianity
    Gender
    Male
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At
    07:53 PM

    Default

    Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by شمائل View Post
    Is there in the New Testament about the provisions of inheritance

    You believe in the Old Testament? It seems that the Old Testament from the point of viewof women injustice

    Point system

    Do not talk about Islam without proof text
    There are lots of things in the OT that don't make any sense to me and that even seem unfair and ridiculous not just to women but men as well, but you as all Muslims share these OT Scriptures with the Jews and the Christians alike; so you are attacking what you believe your god wrote, and that is the torah he said to Muhammad he sent down; so, if it is corrupted, it had to have happened somewhere after Muhammad's death and now, but we can prove it is the same as it was from before the time Muhammad was born and unchanged. Besides, why would anyone want to corrupt the torah and make it against women. Are you paranoid?
    When you bring up the OT torah, you are fighting against yourself to win a discussion or debate with me. It won't work sister. You need to stick with the NT Bible only; then you can use the point system. If you do that, I already see the outcome of this dialogue and so can you.

    Blessing to you

  9. #19
    فداء الرسول's Avatar
    فداء الرسول is offline رحمك الله يا سمية
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,681
    Religion
    Islam
    Gender
    Female
    Last Activity
    30-11-2017
    At
    11:44 AM

    Default

    Is there in the New Testament about the provisions of inheritance ؟
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

    تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

  10. #20
    Burninglight's Avatar
    Burninglight is offline new member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    496
    Religion
    Christianity
    Gender
    Male
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At
    07:53 PM

    Default

    Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by شمائل View Post
    Is there in the New Testament about the provisions of inheritance ؟
    yes, the woman will inherit what the men do in paradise, because there is not male or female in Christ Jesus, but that is not the case for a Muslim's hereafter is it?

    Peace unto you

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Interview with Burninglight :. About the status of women in Islam and Christianity

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Status of women in Christian Society
    By فداء الرسول in forum English Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16-06-2014, 04:21 AM
  2. Women in Islam VS Women in the Judeo-Christian Tradition
    By فداء الرسول in forum English Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-06-2014, 04:47 PM
  3. Why many Women converting to Islam - The status of women between Bible and Quran
    By *the truth in forum Following Up With New Muslims
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-04-2011, 05:25 PM
  4. The Woman's Status in Christianity & Islam
    By I_MOKHABARAT_I in forum English Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-10-2005, 01:26 PM
  5. The Status of Women in Islam
    By I_MOKHABARAT_I in forum English Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-10-2005, 01:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Interview with Burninglight :. About the status of women in Islam and Christianity

Interview with Burninglight :. About the status of women in Islam and Christianity