Interview with Burninglight :. About the status of women in Islam and Christianity

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Interview with Burninglight :. About the status of women in Islam and Christianity

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Interview with Burninglight :. About the status of women in Islam and Christianity

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    20-03-2024
    At
    12:55 AM

Default Interview with Burninglight :. About the status of women in Islam and Christianity

In The Name Of Allah The Beneficent The Merciful

Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.

This subject is a dialogue about the status of women between Islam and Christianity

Is Islam gave all the rights of women or Christianity?

Any two religions respected women more?

نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    20-03-2024
    At

Women and the sin in Christianity:

"For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels"

(I Corinthians 11:8,10)

Woman is a daughter of Falsehood, a sentinel of Hell, the enemy of peace; through her Adam lost Paradise."

(St. John Damascene)

"Woman is the instrument which the Devil uses to gain possession of our souls."

(St. Cyprian)

"Woman is the fountain of the arm of the Devil; her voice is the hissing of the serpent"

(St. Anthony)

"Women has the poison of an asp, the malice of a dragon."

(St. gregory the Great)

What is the interpretation of these texts?

Point system:

Do not move on to the status of women in Islam, but after the response to the question

اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At
    07:53 PM

Quote Originally Posted by شمائل View Post
    Women and the sin in Christianity:

"For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels"

(I Corinthians 11:8,10)

Woman is a daughter of Falsehood, a sentinel of Hell, the enemy of peace; through her Adam lost Paradise."

(St. John Damascene)

(St. Cyprian)

"Woman is the fountain of the arm of the Devil; her voice is the hissing of the serpent"

(St. Anthony)

(St. gregory the Great)

What is the interpretation of these texts?

Point system:

Do not move on to the status of women in Islam, but after the response to the question

Okay, my sister of humanity. I can only respond to the passage you quoted from the Bible, because I do not recognize or accept the other sources as Scriptural anymore than I do Muhammad's sayings and doings.

You must not confuse Catholicism with true Biblical Christianity. The Catholics have a lot of man made tradition locked into their practices. I know I was born and raised one, I left Catholicism, because of their tradition and idolatry. Now these people represent Catholicism for the most part. I agree with you that their words alone are sin let alone believing those lies. Let me spell out these people and their sayings to you: St. John Damascene)

(St. Cyprian)

(St. Anthony)

(St. gregory the Great)

These people are liars and do not speak for God. These are sick deceived men.

On the other hand. Paul is different. Lets look at what he said: "For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man." This is not sin; it is true. god created man first then Eve from his rib. "Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." This is true. Adam was given a help mate by God. "For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels" This is something that Muslims agree with. Don't they wear a Hijab? Do you feel that is a sin?

Peace

Lets move on to Islam Muhammad claims that the wit of a woman is half that of a man. How could he feel that way when it was his wife that encouraged him to believe he wasn't possessed by devils, but he was a prophet of Allah. Or is it true that the woman is the cause of paradise lost for the man? I ask only rhetorically, lol, I know woman is no more evil than men. Adam had the power to choose not to follow Eve, and Muhammad had power to choose to reject the counsel of his wife, but he didn't and Adam didn't. Jesus is the only one who went against all influences of sin and stood alone in this area, because He was and is the only perfect human being, the son of man and the son of God! The sin is rejecting Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At

I responded where is it?

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    20-03-2024
    At

You must not confuse Catholicism with true Biblical Christianity. The Catholics have a lot of man made tradition locked into their practices. I know I was born and raised one, I left Catholicism, because of their tradition and idolatry. Now these people represent Catholicism for the most part. I agree with you that their words alone are sin let alone believing those lies. Let me spell out these people and their sayings to you: St. John Damascene)

Are Catholics distorted the Bible?

These people are liars and do not speak for God. These are sick deceived men.

"I find more bitter than death the woman who is a snare, whose heart is a trap and whose hands are chains. The man who pleases God will escape her, but the sinner she will ensnare....while I was still searching but not finding, I found one upright man among a thousand but not one upright woman among them all"

(Ecclesiastes 7:26-28).

"No wickedness comes anywhere near the wickedness of a woman.....Sin began with a woman and thanks to her we all must die"

(Ecclesiasticus 25:19,24).

On the other hand. Paul is different. Lets look at what he said: "For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man." This is not sin; it is true. god created man first then Eve from his rib. "Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." This is true. Adam was given a help mate by God. "For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels" This is something that Muslims agree with. Don't they wear a Hijab? Do you feel that is a sin?

This is proof that men are better than women in Christianity

"Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonours his head. And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonours her head - it is just as though her head were shaved. If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or shaved off, she should cover her head. A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head" (I Corinthians 11:3-10).

St. Paul's rationale for veiling women is that the veil represents a sign of the authority of the man, who is the image and glory of God, over the woman who was created from and for man. St. Tertullian in his famous treatise 'On The Veiling Of Virgins' wrote, "Young women, you wear your veils out on the streets, so you should wear them in the church, you wear them when you are among strangers, then wear them among your brothers..." Among the Canon laws of the Catholic church today, there is a law that requires women to cover their heads in church. Some Christian

denominations, such as the Amish and the Mennonites for example, keep their women veiled to the present day. The reason for the veil, as offered by their Church leaders, is that "The head covering is a symbol of woman's subjection to the man and to God", which is the same logic introduced by St. Paul in the New Testament.

This is something that Muslims agree with. Don't they wear a Hijab? Do you feel that is a sin?
    The Quran is quite clear that the veil is essential for modesty, but why is modesty important? The Quran is still clear:

"O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women that they should cast their outer garments over their bodies (when abroad) so that they should be known and not molested" (Quran 33:59).

This is the whole point, modesty is prescribed to protect women from molestation or simply, modesty is protection. Thus, the only purpose of the veil in Islam is protection.

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    20-03-2024
    At

Lets move on to Islam Muhammad claims that the wit of a woman is half that of a man. How could he feel that way when it was his wife that encouraged him to believe he wasn't possessed by devils, but he was a prophet of Allah. Or is it true that the woman is the cause of paradise lost for the man? I ask only rhetorically, lol, I know woman is no more evil than men. Adam had the power to choose not to follow Eve, and Muhammad had power to choose to reject the counsel of his wife, but he didn't and Adam didn't. Jesus is the only one who went against all influences of sin and stood alone in this area, because He was and is the only perfect human being, the son of man and the son of God! The sin is rejecting Jesus as Lord and Savior.
    We're talking about sin and women in Christianity, you did not respect the terms of the dialogue

Must complete the theme of sin and of women in Islam and Christianity

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At

Are Catholics distorted the Bible?.
    NO, it is by their tradition that make the laws of God to no affect; Just like I see in Islam. I can almost see Catholicism and Islam as two peas in a pod. The only saving grace about Catholicism I can see is that they accept Jesus as their Savior most of all other things they teach are truth mixed with deception and idolatry. No, one can distort God's message. Jesus is God's message.

"I find more bitter than death the woman who is a snare, whose heart is a trap and whose hands are chains. The man who pleases God will escape her, but the sinner she will ensnare....while I was still searching but not finding, I found one upright man among a thousand but not one upright woman among them all"

(Ecclesiastes 7:26-28)..
    This is talking about the adulterous woman or a woman living in sin and not all women. The Scriptures says he that finds a wife finds a good thing. Paul said their is neither male nor female in Christ Jesus.

"No wickedness comes anywhere near the wickedness of a woman.....Sin began with a woman and thanks to her we all must die"

(Ecclesiasticus 25:19,24)..
    Where did you get this verse? There is no such verse that I can find.

This is proof that men are better than women in Christianity

"Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonours his head. And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonours her head - it is just as though her head were shaved. If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or shaved off, she should cover her head. A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head" (I Corinthians 11:3-10).

St. Paul's rationale for veiling women is that the veil represents a sign of the authority of the man, who is the image and glory of God, over the woman who was created from and for man..[/QUOTE]God set the family up that way it doesn't mean man is better than woman. There is neither male nor female in Christ. It is just God's chain of authority. The parents are over the children; does that mean they are better then their children? No, of course not. It is just like Jesus was subordinate to the father (God) by office, position, function, but they were and are equal in nature, essence and character.
    St. Tertullian in his famous treatise 'On The Veiling Of Virgins' wrote, "Young women, you wear your veils out on the streets, so you should wear them in the church, you wear them when you are among strangers, then wear them among your brothers..." Among the Canon laws of the Catholic church today, there is a law that requires women to cover their heads in church. Some Christian

denominations, such as the Amish and the Mennonites for example, keep their women veiled to the present day. The reason for the veil, as offered by their Church leaders, is that "The head covering is a symbol of woman's subjection to the man and to God", which is the same logic introduced by St. Paul in the New Testament.

The Quran is quite clear that the veil is essential for modesty, but why is modesty important? The Quran is still clear:

"O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women that they should cast their outer garments over their bodies (when abroad) so that they should be known and not molested" (Quran 33:59).

This is the whole point, modesty is prescribed to protect women from molestation or simply, modesty is protection. Thus, the only purpose of the veil in Islam is protection.
    A woman can be modest without going overboard.
    Tertullian is not an authority figure true Christians recognize. Mennonites have their interpretation of the Bible like Muslims have theirs of Muhammad's Quran. You have Sunni, Shia and the Quranist that don't see eye to eye. Deal with that then bring up varying sects of Christianity.

Blessings to you sister and thanks for sharing your point of view.

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At

We're talking about sin and women in Christianity, you did not respect the terms of the dialogue

Must complete the theme of sin and of women in Islam and Christianity
    I am respecting the terms you set, but it seems, now, you are attempting to tie my hands so that you could hit me with all kinds of things to defend against your misconceptions of Christianity while you claim immunity for yourself and your religion. It doesn't work that way. Not even in a boxing ring do they tie the hands of one against the other. You are questioning me about the treatment of women in Christianity, and I answer and raise questions about the treatment of women in Islam. That is respecting the terms you set you are changing the terms the way Allah changes verses in the Quran with one like it or one better only your new terms are not better. Why are you doing that? Why does it take you so long to respond, and why can't I post directly like you? Why the handicap for Christians on this forum? We are not breaking forum rules. Please answer? Is it fear?

Peace and blessings to you.
    BL

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    20-03-2024
    At

NO, it is by their tradition that make the laws of God to no affect; Just like I see in Islam. I can almost see Catholicism and Islam as two peas in a pod. The only saving grace about Catholicism I can see is that they accept Jesus as their Savior most of all other things they teach are truth mixed with deception and idolatry. No, one can distort God's message. Jesus is God's message.
    Are you from the Orthodox community

This is talking about the adulterous woman or a woman living in sin and not all women. The Scriptures says he that finds a wife finds a good thing. Paul said their is neither male nor female in Christ Jesus.
    Are women the cause of sin or the man?

God set the family up that way it doesn't mean man is better than woman. There is neither male nor female in Christ. It is just God's chain of authority. The parents are over the children; does that mean they are better then their children? No, of course not. It is just like Jesus was subordinate to the father (God) by office, position, function, but they were and are equal in nature, essence and character.
    You shy away from the logical explanation

Do you want to believe that women like men in Christianity
    ???

Bible humiliates women

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    20-03-2024
    At

you are attempting to tie my hands so that you could hit me with all kinds of things to defend against your misconceptions of Christianity while you claim immunity for yourself and your religion
    You did not defend Christianity. Never

, you are constantly evading logical answer

Your response to my questions, proves:

Women should not have authority over men but should remain silent.

Adam and Eve were not equal in sin. Adam was not deceived but Eve was.

Women are commanded to be under obedience to men. God ordained that men shall for all time rule over women

Catholic offend women

We are not breaking forum rules. Please answer? Is it fear?

We are Arabs, we are surprised by the responses you compile time

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread Information