Gods Covenants

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

تسريبات من قلب الزريبة العربية » Last Post: *اسلامي عزي* | == == | قصتي مع الخلاص قصص يحكيها أصحابها [ متجدد بإذن الله ] » Last Post: الشهاب الثاقب. | == == | التجسد الإلهي فى البشر وتأليه البشر عادة وثنية عندكم يا نصارى » Last Post: الشهاب الثاقب. | == == | إبطال السبب الرئيسي للتجسد و الفداء عندكم يا نصارى من كتابكم » Last Post: Doctor X | == == | نعم قالوا إن الله ثالث ثلاثة و كفروا بقولهم هذا ( جديد ) » Last Post: الا حبيب الله محمد | == == | سحق شبهة أن الارض مخلوقة قبل السماء فى الاسلام » Last Post: محب ابن عثيمين | == == | هل الله عند المسيحيين في القرآن هو: المسيح أم المسيح وأمه أم ثالث ثلاثة أم الرهبان؟ » Last Post: islamforchristians | == == | الرد على الزعم أن إباحة الإسلام التسري بالجواري دعوة إلى الدعارة وتشجيع على الرق » Last Post: *اسلامي عزي* | == == | المصلوب يقود السيارة و يتفوق على نظام تحديد المواقع ! » Last Post: الزبير بن العوام | == == | موسوعة الإعجــاز اللغوي في القرآن الكريـــم(متجدد إن شاء الله) » Last Post: نيو | == == |

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Gods Covenants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gods Covenants

pandora is offline member
    Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    07:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by شمائل View Post
    You said

but not all the laws apply to us as Christians... The Old Testament or Torah was aimed at the Jewish people

This varies with the

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
    No ... the difference between the Old and New Testaments is not a violation of of the covenant of Grace through Jesus. The new Covenant is the culmination of all previous Covenants. I don't think you are understanding the meaning of covenants or the importance we attach to them. This maybe because Mohammed never authored a covenant with God.

You said

but not all the laws apply to us as Christians... The Old Testament or Torah was aimed at the Jewish people

This varies with the

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
    do you understand there is a difference between what the Jews believe and what Christians believe? Do you know Jesus was Jewish? In His capacity as the Messiah.. Even though many of the Jewish people of the time did not accept Him as such.. Jesus was sent to fulfil the Law of the Old Testament Prophets. This He did.. This was said at the start of His ministry.. Note.. "I"meaning it was in the remit of Jesus to fulfil the law.

فداء الرسول is offline رحمك الله يا سمية
    Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    30-11-2017
    At
    11:44 AM

Dear. Does not mean you are talking about your faith, that does not provide argumentsand evidence!

There are many contradictions between the two Covenants

Are you ready for me to explain the contradictions that I've found in the Covenants
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Quote Originally Posted by شمائل View Post
    Dear. Does not mean you are talking about your faith, that does not provide argumentsand evidence!

There are many contradictions between the two Covenants

Are you ready for me to explain the contradictions that I've found in the Covenants
    No, could you please wait until I have explained the other covenants before you make your comments.. Then we can discuss your points.. Or contradictions as you see them :)

peace.

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

The Davidic Covenant

This Covenant refers to God's promises to David through the prophet Nathan. This is an unconditional covenant made between God and David through which God promises David and Israel that the Messiah (Jesus Christ) would come from the lineage of David and the tribe of Judah and would establish a kingdom that would endure forever. The Davidic Covenant is unconditional because God does not place any conditions of obedience upon its fulfillment. The surety of the promises made rests solely on God's faithfulness and does not depend at all on David or Israel's obedience.

The Davidic Covenant centres on key promises that are made to David.

1~ God reaffirms the promise of the land that He made in the first two covenants with Israel (the Abrahamic and Mosaic Covenants).

2~ God promises that David's, descendant or "seed" will succeed him as king of Israel and that David's throne will be established forever. This promise ...."I will set up your seed after you, who will come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.”.... This is a reference to the coming Messiah, Jesus Christ..

3~ God states.. "And your house and your kingdom shall be established forever before you. Your throne shall be established forever." The promise that David's house, kingdom and throne... will be established forever is significant because it shows that the Messiah will come from the lineage of David and that He will establish a kingdom from which He will reign. The covenant is summarized by the words 'house,' promising a dynasty in the lineage of David... "kingdom," referring to a people who are governed by a king... "throne," emphasising the authority of the king's rule... and "forever," emphasising the eternal and unconditional nature of this promise to David and Israel.

Jesus is King of Kings and His Kingdom is eternal. In accepting Jesus we become part of that Kingdom.

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

The New Covenant.

The Old Testament prophets ..Jeremiah ... Ezekiel... and Isaiah prophesied about the coming of a future New Covenant God would make with mankind, and this would be mediated by the Messiah. (Jesus)

It is an unconditional covenant and eternal in nature. As we see in the Mosaic Covenant which laid down the law by which mankind was to abide by.. Yet mankind proved they could not live to the conditions set in the covenant. So these laws were fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

Firstly.. By the change of nature.. The internalisation of the Law of God.

Israel didn't have the heart or nature to obey God... And the old covenant contained no provision for internal motivation to obey God. In the new covenant God promises to put His laws into the mind and write them on the hearts of mankind.

David wrote in Psalms..
    "I delight to do Your will, O my God, and Your law is in my heart" (Psalm 40:8). The new covenant promises the power to obey God. Through the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit which is a unique feature of the new covenant.
    The fundamental basis of the new covenant is simply the conversion process. "Writing" God's laws in the mind and on the heart poetically describes how God, through the transforming power of the Holy Spirit, helps us "internalise" His laws. That Gods law should become an intrinsic part of our being.
    Through understanding Jesus and what He taught in our nature we become as He.... And by this nature we are promised to share in the same intimate relationship with God that Jesus Himself enjoyed.

Secondly... Forgiveness of Sins.
    Forgiveness of sins, is also necessary for a relationship with God.. All sin is an anathema to a Holy God we can only stand in the presence of God if we are made pure.. This forgiveness is another unique benefit of the new covenant. The blood of bulls and goats cannot take away sins, as it was shown in the Old Testament.. It was only ever a temporary covering. Therefore.. forgiveness of sins was unique to the new covenant. The old covenant was made at Sinai when Israel accepted its terms. The new covenant is made at baptism when we accept Christ's sacrifice and commit ourselves completely to God and His will. Both Covenants were ratified by blood.

Thirdly.. Eternal Inheritance..
    Eternal inheritance is a third unique and better promise offered in the new covenant. Eternal life is more than a chronological event and change of composition. Most importantly.. it is a never ending relationship with God. What meaning would eternal life have apart from God? We are heirs of God through Christ. The change of composition is only a means to that end. And the chronological aspect of eternity is simply part of that process.

We see the New Covenant is mediated through Jesus in the New Testament.. This fulfilled all the covenants of the Old Testament.. As all the previous Covenants were concerned at some level with the redeeming work of the Messiah. Some people wrongly assume that all Old Testament laws are obsolete unless repeated in the New Testament. The New Testament is a record of members living by the terms of the new covenant. But nowhere does the Bible say all new covenant laws are recorded in the New Testament. Rather, the laws of the new covenant are written in the minds and hearts of God's people.

The new covenant renders the old covenant obsolete. The old covenant is not the same as the Ten Commandments. A covenant is an agreement... commandments are laws or terms of the agreement. The Ten Commandments are the "words" of the covenant not the covenant itself. The covenant or agreement became obsolete, but not the laws within it.

Jesus Christ's sacrifice made animal sacrifices obsolete. But the old covenant was not suddenly discarded or forbidden in the New Testament Church. It simply faded into disuse as people became aware of the superiority of the new covenant and came under it. But the law of God will never become obsolete..

The new covenant is really quite simple. God wants us to have a relationship with Him. Obeying His laws is fundamental to that relationship. The way God has communicated His laws has varied, but the laws remain the same. He related His laws verbally to the Prophets...
    Abraham obeyed Gods voice..
    To Israel... Through Moses God wrote them on stones and in the "book of the law." In the new covenant, He "writes" them in the mind and on the heart. The new covenant provides the motivation to obey His laws, extends forgiveness when we fail, and results in an intimate relationship with God for all eternity.

A gift freely given given through the redeeming work of Jesus Christ.

Peace.

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Just to add.. You may be wondering .... How does Jesus fulfill the covenants God made in the Old Testament with..
    1 ~ In Adam ~ Jesus resotres our relationship with God that was broken by Adam's sin.

2 ~ In Noah ~ The waters now redeem us instead of destroying us. (Baptism)

3 ~ In Abraham ~ Through Jesus, all people of the world are blessed.

4 ~ In Moses ~ The righteousness demanded by the Law is given to us in Jesus Christ.

5 ~ In David ~ Jesus, the Son of David, is Lord of all the nations.

Peace. You may add your points if you wish.

Burninglight is offline new member
    Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At
    07:53 PM

Quote Originally Posted by pandora View Post
    Just to add.. You may be wondering .... How does Jesus fulfill the covenants God made in the Old Testament with..
    1 ~ In Adam ~ Jesus resotres our relationship with God that was broken by Adam's sin.

2 ~ In Noah ~ The waters now redeem us instead of destroying us. (Baptism)

3 ~ In Abraham ~ Through Jesus, all people of the world are blessed.

4 ~ In Moses ~ The righteousness demanded by the Law is given to us in Jesus Christ.

5 ~ In David ~ Jesus, the Son of David, is Lord of all the nations.

Peace. You may add your points if you wish.
    I never heard of it this way, but it is true. And there is lots of detail in between that points us to Jesus such as during the Passover the blood of the lamb on the door posts saved the people from death. Jesus is the Lamb of God and His blood applied to our life saves us from death. When Moses smote the rock water came out to save the people, but later they thirsted again and God told Moses to speak to the rock, but he disobeyed God (proof prophets can and do sin) This rock represents Jesus being smitten and out of Him came blood and water; Moses was supposed to speak to the rock to show that Jesus never has to be smitten again to save us. All we have to do now is pray to the rock; speak to the Rock of our salvation. And many other things such as Moses holding up the serpent in the wilderness that healed them. Jesus was lifted up and took on our ugly serpent like sin and when we look to Him we are saved. Many people cannot see God planned the Scriptures that came before to prepare us to accept Christ as our only hope of salvation. Of course, Satan will bring a counterfeit to steer people away from salvation in Christ!

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    I never heard of it this way, but it is true. And there is lots of detail in between that points us to Jesus such as during the Passover the blood of the lamb on the door posts saved the people from death. Jesus is the Lamb of God and His blood applied to our life saves us from death. When Moses smote the rock water came out to save the people, but later they thirsted again and God told Moses to speak to the rock, but he disobeyed God (proof prophets can and do sin) This rock represents Jesus being smitten and out of Him came blood and water; Moses was supposed to speak to the rock to show that Jesus never has to be smitten again to save us. All we have to do now is pray to the rock; speak to the Rock of our salvation. And many other things such as Moses holding up the serpent in the wilderness that healed them. Jesus was lifted up and took on our ugly serpent like sin and when we look to Him we are saved. Many people cannot see God planned the Scriptures that came before to prepare us to accept Christ as our only hope of salvation. Of course, Satan will bring a counterfeit to steer people away from salvation in Christ!
    I find the Bible full of allegory in regards Old Testament being shown in the New Testament. All the prophets have something of Jesus in their message.. Which is not suppressing as theirs was the task of preparing the world for the arrival of the Messiah. I know muslims believe they all brought the same message which was to worship the One True God.. However seeing as during the lifetime of many of the prophets worshipping the One True God was a given and already that pattern had been established. The unfolding of the Covenants are a pathway to the arrival into the world of the Messiah... Jesus.. And How they are fulfilled in Him. I think they are crucial in bringing us to the understanding of how we can fulfil What God desires of us.

Every time I read the Bible, something else comes anew to by understanding. Which never fails to fill me with awe.. As only something inspired by God could do.

peace ce and love to you from me. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Gods Covenants

Thread Information