From converting Muslims to Christianity to becoming a Muslim

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

الرد على مقطع خالد بلكين : الوحي المكتوم المنهج و النظرية ج 29 (اشاعة حول النبي محمد) » آخر مشاركة: محمد سني 1989 | == == | الإعجاز في القول بطلوع الشمس من مغربها » آخر مشاركة: *اسلامي عزي* | == == | الكاردينال روبيرت سارا يغبط المسلمين على إلتزامهم بأوقات الصلوات » آخر مشاركة: *اسلامي عزي* | == == | لمسات بيانية الجديد 8 لسور القرآن الكريم كتاب الكتروني رائع » آخر مشاركة: عادل محمد | == == | الرد على شبهة زواج النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم من عائشة رضي الله عنهما بعمر السادسة و دخوله عليها في التاسعة » آخر مشاركة: محمد سني 1989 | == == | المصلوب بذرة ( الله ) ! » آخر مشاركة: *اسلامي عزي* | == == | كاهن يعلنها بصدق من داخل الكنيسة : الإسلام أكثر منطقية من المسيحيّة ! » آخر مشاركة: *اسلامي عزي* | == == | إجابة عن سؤال : من نسب لله الصّاحبة و الولد ؟؟ » آخر مشاركة: *اسلامي عزي* | == == | Moses PBUH in the river » آخر مشاركة: *اسلامي عزي* | == == | قـُــرّة العُــيون : حلقة 01 » آخر مشاركة: *اسلامي عزي* | == == |

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

النتائج 1 إلى 2 من 2

الموضوع: From converting Muslims to Christianity to becoming a Muslim

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2008
    المشاركات
    الدين
    الإسلام
    الجنس
    أنثى
    آخر نشاط
    09-03-2024
    على الساعة
    08:10 PM

افتراضي From converting Muslims to Christianity to becoming a Muslim

Times without number, people have asked me how I reverted to Islam. Consistently, I have recounted to them how I stumbled upon a verse of the Quran, how this verse got me frightened, and how it facilitated my change from being a Christian to a Muslim. But looking back and thinking carefully, I have realized it goes deeper than that.
    I grew up in Nigeria, and went to a Baptist secondary school. In school, I made friends with a certain girl named Zaynab. Zaynab was clearly distinct from the rest of the other student. Distinct in the fact that she was a Muslim amidst many Christians. As a strong Christian, it was my duty to try to win souls to Christ and tried I did. I constantly shared bible verses with her, explained more about Christ and tried convince her that Muslims were going to hell. Through it all she would smile politely and gently refute my claims.
    The closer Zaynab and I got, the more I realized it was not only being a Muslim that made her different. She had a striking character coupled with an enviable level of organization because of this; I got even closer to Her. Initially, I thought if I got to know more about Islam, It would help me in forming my arguments against the religion. But my curiosity got the better of me. I fascinated by the Arabic letters and wanted to learn them. I wanted to cover my hair like the muslin women I saw around. Occasionally I followed her and her family to Muslim programs and other events. I did all these things, without understanding or accepting the religion. They simply piqued my interest.
    Finally in the year 2007, while reading the English version of the Quran, I came across Quran 2:113.
    The Jews say: “The Christians have naught (to stand) upon; and the Christians say: “The Jews have naught (To stand) upon.” Yet they (Profess to) study the (same) Book. Like unto their word is what those say who know not; but Allah will judge between them in their quarrel on the Day of Judgment.
    [Quran 2:113]

For someone who had been a Christian all her life and was having interests in Islam, it was very thought provoking. After a lot of consideration and careful deliberation, I finally decided to become a Muslim. I took my Shahadah, and with the help of my wonderful friend Zaynab, I learnt how to pray and acquired a quality foundation of Islam, which I have been upon.
    It took 5years after that to firmly establish myself in the deen and become convinced about my faith. But Alhamdulillah, the beauty of a Muslim attracted me, and made me one today. I would conclude this by adding a hadith narrated by Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (ra), He reported: I heard the Prophet (saw) saying:
    “The similitude of good company and that of bad company is that of the owner of musk and of the one blowing the bellows. The owner of musk would either offer you some free of charge, or you would buy it from him, or you smell its pleasant fragrance; and as for the one who blows the bellows (i.e., the blacksmith), he either burns your clothes or you smell a repugnant smell”.
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

I have deduced that Islam is like a long journey through which we encounter different challenges. Sometimes how easy our journey is depends on the company we keep. On that account, It is important to keep the right company, often, it goes a long way to ascertain what becomes of us.
    My parents were shocked by my reversion; in fact they still find it difficult to process. I was faced with a lot of negative emotion, and at some point I almost gave up due to frustration. Some things take time to stabilize, and slowly we are all learning to deal with it. It is much harder to interact with the extended family; because they cannot love and accept a child the way the parent does. This is quite understandable, because I know it is a lot to take in. Every now and then, people come around to try to make change my mind. But I have chosen this deen, and In Sha Allah; I will stand firm on it. I am hoping and praying that with time, my family would fully accept my new identity. Most of all, I pray for Allah’s guidance upon my parents, I hope they come to recognize the beauty of Islam, and eventually become Muslims.

نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2008
    المشاركات
    الدين
    الإسلام
    الجنس
    أنثى
    آخر نشاط
    09-03-2024
    على الساعة
    08:10 PM

افتراضي

نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

معلومات الموضوع

الأعضاء الذين يشاهدون هذا الموضوع

الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)

المواضيع المتشابهه

1. I want to be a Muslim but... Myths about Converting to Islam
    بواسطة فداء الرسول في المنتدى Following Up With New Muslims
    مشاركات: 4
    آخر مشاركة: 05-06-2014, 02:55 AM
  2. Is it legal for Muslims to follow a non-Muslim government?
    مشاركات: 0
    آخر مشاركة: 13-01-2014, 10:30 PM
  3. A surgeon who has left Christianity and is asking how he could pray whilst performing surgery if he becomes Muslim
    آخر مشاركة: 28-09-2013, 12:57 PM
  4. New Muslims: Marry a Born-Muslim or Revert?
    آخر مشاركة: 21-09-2013, 01:20 PM
  5. Is it legal for Muslims to follow a non-Muslim government?
    بواسطة فداء الرسول في المنتدى Slanders Refutation
    آخر مشاركة: 06-09-2013, 02:26 AM

الكلمات الدلالية لهذا الموضوع

المفضلات

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك
  •