.....Contentment is Bliss.....

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Thread: .....Contentment is Bliss.....

هشيم is offline مشرف الأقسام غير العربية
    Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At
    05:41 PM

Default .....Contentment is Bliss.....

Contentment is Bliss

Sa‘d ibn Abi Waqqaas may Allaah be pleased with him traveled to Makkah after he had become blind. Upon his arrival the people hastened to him and kept on asking him to make supplication for them, and he did, as Allaah always accepted his supplication. ‘Abdullaah ibn As-Saa’ib may Allaah be pleased with him said, “I came to him when I was still a young boy and became acquainted with him, so he knew me and said to me, ‘Are you the one who recites the Quran for the people of Makkah?’ I replied, ‘Yes.’ Then I asked him, ‘You supplicate to Allaah for all the people, so why do you not supplicate to Allaah for yourself so that He would cure you?’ He smiled, and said, ‘O son! The decree of Allaah is better for me than my sight.’”

This is the satisfaction that the Companions may Allaah be pleased with them adjusted themselves to, and the decree of Allaah The Almighty became more beloved to them than their desires, and so they loved nothing more than what Allaah the Almighty had decreed. ‘Umar ibn ‘Abd Al-‘Azeez may Allaah have mercy upon him said, “I do not want anything except what Allaah The Almighty decrees.” What confirms the importance of this satisfaction is that the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) would ask Allaah The Almighty to grant him satisfaction with His decree, and it is well-known that the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) only asked Allaah The Almighty for the highest ranks. Satisfaction is sincerely giving precedence to all that Allaah The Almighty has ordained, without being hesitant or objecting.

This is exactly what the righteous predecessors sought and strived for. They were fully content in matters pertaining to their fate and what Allaah The Almighty had inscribed in the Preserved Slate and never desired anything contrary to what He had decreed for them. However, as for matters of religion that pertain to His orders or prohibitions, one must always progress and aspire to what is better.
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
    قل هو الله احد * الله الصمد * لم يلد و لم يولد * و لم يكن له كفوا احد
    Dis : " Lui, Dieu, est Un ! * Dieu est le Soutien universel ! * Il n'engendre pas et Il n'est pas engendré, * et Il n'a pas d'égal. "

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At

The righteous predecessors may Allaah be pleased with them would advise each other to be satisfied and get used to it as they knew its high rank. ‘Umar (Al-Faarooq) may Allaah be pleased with him wrote to Abu Moosa Al-Ash‘ari may Allaah be pleased with him saying, “All that is good lies in satisfaction. If you are able to be satisfied, please do so, otherwise, be patient.” Luqmaan may Allaah exalt his mention would advise his son, saying, “I advise you to be endowed with certain characteristics that would bring you closer to Allaah The Almighty and would keep you away from His dissatisfaction: to worship Allaah The Almighty Alone without associating any other deity with Him, and to be satisfied with His decree in anything that you like or dislike.” The one who adjusts himself to this would lead a good life as distress and worries would not reach his heart. Indeed, how could that be when Allaah The Almighty has become pleased with him, and he with Allaah? Allaah The Almighty Says (what means): {Whoever does righteousness, whether male or female, while he is a believer - We will surely cause him to live a good life,} [Quran 16:97] Some of the righteous predecessors may Allaah have mercy upon them interpreted “good life” as a life of satisfaction and contentment.

Once, ‘Umar ibn Al-Khattaab may Allaah be pleased with him became angry with his wife ‘Aatikah may Allaah be pleased with her and said to her, “By Allaah, I will upset you.” She said, “Can you drive me away from Islam after Allaah The Almighty has guided me to it?” He replied, “No.” She then said, “Then how can you upset me?” She meant by that that she was satisfied with the decree of Allaah The Almighty, and that nothing could have brought her distress except being driven away from Islam, and there is no way ‘Umar may Allaah be pleased with him could ever have done that.
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
    Dis : " Lui, Dieu, est Un ! * Dieu est le Soutien universel ! * Il n'engendre pas et Il n'est pas engendré, * et Il n'a pas d'égal. "

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At

There are three conditions for being truly satisfied with Allaah The Almighty:

First:
    Being content at times of both blessings and afflictions alike, as one believes that Allaah the Almighty chooses what is best for him. This is what happened with some of the righteous predecessors may Allaah have mercy upon them as they were patient and satisfied when they were afflicted with hardship. When Sulaymaan ibn Al-Ghaazi may Allaah have mercy upon him went to condole ‘Umar ibn ‘Abd Al-‘Azeez may Allaah have mercy upon him upon the death of his son, ‘Abd Al-Malik, ‘Umar may Allaah be pleased with him said to him, “I seek Allaah’s refuge from wanting something that is contrary to what He likes, as this does not change the affliction and His good treatment of me.” It was narrated on the authority of Ibraaheem An-Nakhaa‘i may Allaah have mercy upon him that Umm Al-Aswad was paralyzed and her daughter grieved, so she told her “Do not be sad. O Allaah, if this is something good then please increase it.”

Second:

Abandoning disputes unless they are related to any of the rights of Allaah The Almighty or His Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ). Having conflict with others for the sake of one's desires drives satisfaction away, disturbs its purity and alters its sweetness.

Third:
    Refraining from continually asking of people. Allaah The Almighty Says (what means): {An ignorant [person] would think them self-sufficient because of their restraint, but you will know them by their [characteristic] sign. They do not ask people persistently [or at all]. And whatever you spend of good - indeed, Allah is Knowing of it.} [Quran 2:273]

Regarding this trait, Thawbaan may Allaah be pleased with him narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) said: “Who will guarantee me this trait so that I will guarantee him Paradise?” Thawbaan said, “I.” The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) replied: “Do not ask people for anything.” After that, he never asked anyone for anything, even if his whip fell while riding, he would get off and pick it up himself without asking anyone to hand it to him. [Ahmad]
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At

Satisfaction is the Peak of Faith

Abu Ad-Dardaa’ may Allaah be pleased with him said, “There are four traits at the peak of faith: patience, satisfaction with destiny, sincerity in reliance, and submission to Allaah The Almighty.” Ibn Al-Qayyim may Allaah have mercy upon him said: “Satisfaction is one of the deeds of the heart that is the equivalent of Jihaad, which is one of the deeds of the limbs [body], for each one of them is the peak of Faith.”

Deprivation is in fact a Blessing from Allaah The Almighty

Sufyaan Ath-Thawri may Allaah have mercy upon him said that if Allaah The Almighty deprives His servant of something, it is in fact a blessing; when Allaah The Almighty deprives His slave, it is not because He is miserly or unable to give, but because He chooses what is best for His believing slave, and for a certain wisdom. Allaah The Almighty never decrees anything bad for His believing slave, whether that decree brings happiness or misery to the slave. Thus, even when Allaah The Almighty deprives His believing slave, it is in fact a blessing, and the affliction is for his well-being, even if it is in the form of an affliction. Due to the ignorance of the slave and his injustice, he considers that bliss is the only thing to give him pleasure in the worldly life. If man was truly knowledgeable, he would have considered all that Allaah The Almighty decreed as a blessing. This was the state of the righteous predecessors may Allaah have mercy upon them. The slave will never find the sweetness of faith except through this. The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) said: “Whoever is content with Allaah as a God, Islam as a religion and Muhammad as a messenger, has certainly felt the sweetness of faith.”

O Allaah! Make us satisfied with Your decree and bless our destiny so that we would not wish to hasten something that You have delayed or delay something that You have hastened.

islamweb.net
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Thread Information