Yes, all the Biblical prophets worshipped the same God, as did Jesus and as Christians do today. Muslims have an incomplete picture of the Biblical prophets. Many, including Abraham and Moses experienced God manifested before them. You do not believe this because the Quran is ambiguous at best in regards to the Bible prophets, however the Bible is very clear on this point and I have no reason to doubt it as it makes more sense to me that the alternative version found in the Quran.QuoteThe God of Nooh ,Ibraham,Isaak,Jaccb .Moses ,Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them all) . Was Ibraham worshipping the God of The Bible who is "The father, the Son and the Holy Spirit". Was Moses worshipping that God? Was Muhammad worshipping the God of the Bible ? If so you are on the straight way?. If not you are worshipping another God Jesus himself did not know.
I tire of repeating the same points.. That being I do not understand why the Quran makes such claims about God having no son, no wife, no partners and no equal. This is NOT new... Jews and Christians never held such views. In fact the only people who may have held such a view I believe would have been the pagan tribes of Arabia at that time, the very same pagan tribes that Mohammed was called to bring to the one God.Quote-- We Muslims , worship the only true God of that universe. The only creator of that world. The only true God who sent all these great prophets and messengers.with one message . To teach people that " There is no God but God (Allah)" He has no son, no wife ,no partner,no one equals him and no one likens him.No one has heard his voice and no one has seen him. Muhammad (pbuh) did not come with a new religion "Islam" .We are on the religion of the father of prophets and messengers Abraham.. The word "Islam" means "peace" in Arabic.Also it means "The complete submission to the will of Allah and being perfect obedient to him.Doing his orders and his instructions (which are always good and benefit for all humanity) and avoiding his prohibitions (which are always harmful for all humanity). . Allah ordered us to follow the religion of Abraham .
Many bible prophets heard God, spoke with God and saw manifestations of God. That you do not see that it is perfectly possible for our God as all powerful creator to manifest His Divine being to mankind if He so wished to I believe places limits on Our God. I have heard of the term Islam meaning submission to God, but as to how it also means peace I shall have to take your word for that as the root meaning of peace and submission are very different I feel. I do believe Islam is a new religion, because it differs in so many ways from all that went before. The Gospels followed the Old Testament, the Jewish scriptures, the Quran denies the Bible as Gods word, muslims do not accept what the Bible claims for itself, preferring to believe it has been corrupted by man, yet even when making such a claim do not see how incongruous it is, that God failed to protect His message being changed by His creation ..mankind. If we ask the questions when was the Bible message changed.. By whom..how was it accomplished.. And what was the purpose of changing it and more importantly where is the proof of such claim?
That is it... It says in the Quran.. That is for you to believe as your sacred scripture from Allah through Mohammed. My sacred scriptures give me a different picture, and for me this picture is brighter and clearer and I believe that Gods Holy Spirit gives me that clarity. See my friend, I believe God sets us on our path and if it is Gods will that path be changed then then it is God who shows us a different route... Maybe one that we can understand the better. As we are all different we each perceive things differently and as such need to learn the way to Gods love by different means.QuoteHe says in the Holy Quran:
"Abraham was indeed a model Devoutly obedient to Allah, (and) true in faith, and he joined not gods with Allah: (120) He showed his gratitude for the favours of Allah Who chose him and guided him to a straight way. (121) And We gave him Good in this world, and he will be, in the Hereafter, in the ranks of the righteous. (122) So We have taught thee (Muhammad) the inspired (message), "Follow the ways of Abraham the True in faith, and he joined not gods with Allah." (16/120-123)
125. Who can be better In Religion than one who submits His whole self to Allah, does good, and follows the way of Abraham the true In Faith? for Allah did take Abraham for a friend.(4/125)
95. Say: "(Allah) speaketh the truth: follow the Religion of Abraham, the sane In faith; He was not of the Pagans." (3/95)
161. Say: "Verily, My Lord hath guided me to a way that is straight,- a Religion of right,- the path (trod) by Abraham the true In Faith, and He (certainly) joined not gods with Allah."(6/161)
130. And who turns away from the Religion of Abraham but such As debase their souls with folly? Him we chose and rendered pure In This world: and He will be In the Hereafter In the ranks of the Righteous.
131. Behold! His Lord said to him: "Bow (thy will to Me):" He said: "I bow (my will) to the Lord and Cherisher of the Universe."
132. And This was the legacy that Abraham left to His sons, and so did Jacob; "Oh My sons! Allah hath chosen the Faith for you; then die not except In the Faith of Islam."
--- Let us see the commandments of Jacob (peace be upon him) to his family before death:
133. Were ye witnesses when death appeared before Jacob? Behold, He said to His sons: "What will ye worship after me?" They said: "We shall worship Thy Allah and the Allah of Thy fathers, of Abraham, Isma'il and Isaac,- the one (true) Allah. to Him we bow (in Islam)."
--- I do not doubt for a moment that Jesus (pbuh) was a great model in his submission , his Humility and his obedience to the will of Allah (pbth).This is evident in his words in the length and width of the Gospel. He uttered it high resonant :
:"And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent JOH-17-3"
-- Jesus (pbuh) testifies that there is no God but God,and Jesus is the prophet of God.
-- His brother Muhammad (pbuh) testifies that there is no God but God and Muhammad is the prophet of God. This is the first rule of the five rules that Islam was built on.
-- In Islam all prophets and messengers are brothers.We believe in them all.We make no difference between them.Allah taught us that in his Holy Book the Quran saying :
136. Say ye: "We believe In Allah, and the Revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: we make no difference between one and another of them: and we bow to Allah (in Islam)."(2/136)
-- Peace bo to you every time.And may Allah help you and guide me and you to the straight way.The way of all prophets and messengers.
to be continued
Peace to you and may the God we share continue to guide you.