Was Jesus God, a son of god, a man, a servant, or a prophet?

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Was Jesus God, a son of god, a man, a servant, or a prophet?

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    19-06-2014
    At
    08:57 PM

Default Was Jesus God, a son of god, a man, a servant, or a prophet?

** Evidences and proofs from the Holy Bible .The book of Christianity . Please, please read this article carefully .Read every line and every word .They are all from your bible. I am not an enemy for you. I love Jesus with all my heart as one of the greatest prophets and his chaste, pure mother that God purified her on all the women of the world. I respect and love you all but our life is the only chance to search for the truth. In the day of Resurrection we will be met with the only true God that created me and you and all that world .There are two ways only in that day Paradise or hellfire . There is no third way. In that world we have the choice but in the day of resurrection there is no choice,
    1) Was Jesus a servant?
    Yes, the Bible says that:
    1) "Behold my servant, whom I have chosen." (Matthew 12:18)
    2) "The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, hath glorified his servant Jesus."(Acts 3:13(RSV)
    3) "For of a truth against thy holy servant Jesus, whom thou hast anointed...." (Acts 4:27(RSV) The exact same word "pias" is attributed to Jacob (Israel) in Luke 1:54 and translated as "servant "
    ** ((Can any father call his son "servant" . Can a servant equals his master? Who is supreme in rank? Who orders who and who obeys who? ))
    2) Was Jesus a man or a son of man?
    1)*ye men of Israel, hear these word; Jesus of Nazareth, was a MAN approved of God among you by miracles, wonders, and signs.(Acts 2:22)
    2)*the son of MAN came eating and drinking. (Matthew 11:19)
    3) *this MAN is really the prophet. (John 7:40)
    4) *Now ye seek to kill me, a MAN that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God .(John 8:40 KJV)
    5) "…so will the son of man be…" Matthew 12:40
    6) "For the son of man is going to come…" Matthew 16:27
    7) "…until they see the son of man coming in His kingdom." Matthew 28
    8) "But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority…" Mark 2:10
    9) "…because He is the son of man." John 5:27
    10) "Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know." (Acts 2:22)
    11) "He will judge the world in righteousness through a man whom He has appointed" Acts 17:31
    ** ((Jesus testified himself that he is " a man" why didn't he clearly and openly say: "Now you seek to kill me, God incarnate, who has told you the truth." Is it possible that he was hiding the truth? He denied any divinity to himself .Can a man be god? The bible says strongly: "God is neither a man...nor a son of man…"
    Numbers 23:19. ))
    3) Was Jesus a prophet or a messenger ?
    These are just some of the many Biblical verses which point out that Jesus was a prophet and a messenger of the one true God:
    1)*this is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth. (Matthew 21:11)
    2) *Jesus said, "A prophet is never accepted in his home town." (Luke 4:24)3)
    3) *I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. (John 13:16)4)
    4) *surely this is the prophet who is to come into the word. (John 24:19)
    5) "'What things?' he asked. 'About Jesus of Nazareth,' they replied. 'He was
    a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people.'" (Luke 24:19)
    4) Was Jesus a god or a son of god ?
    Jesus never said that he is a god or a son of god . Let us see what Jesus himself said
    1) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak." (John 12:49)
    2) I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.(John 5:30)
    3) Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord"
    ** ((and this was the message of all prophets sent by Allah from Adam to Muhammad (peace be upon them all ) "There is no God but God" and if Jesus (peace be upon him) was a god or a son of god he would declare that strongly ))
    4) *My father is greater than I (Jesus) (John 14:28)
    5) *My father, who gave them to me, is greater than all. (John 10:29)
    6) *what I teach is not my own teaching, but it comes from God, who sent me. (John 5:30)

** ((In these verses Jesus (peace be upon him) declares his complete submission and surrender to the will of our unique God and didn't impute any power or any strength to himself and that was the matter of all prophets before him ))
    7) "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God." (Mark 10:18)
    ** ((Jesus refused to be called "good" although we human beings describe ourselves "good" and this was the top of humbleness of Juses. Jesus emphatically corrects any notion that he was God; he does not like to be called even good, as genuine goodness is a quality of God alone. If Jesus was God, his words do not make sense; because, it does not befit God to humble Himself before His creatures. Then we don't believe that he claimed or accepted to be god or a son of god))
    8) * No one knows, however, when that day or hour will come neither the angels in heaven, nor the son; only the Father Knows. (Mark 13:32)
    ** ((If he was god he should have known the time of that day but he said the truth and that does not belittle of his rank as one of the greatest prophets that God sent to the human beings . In fact a sincere seeker of the truth should accept what Jesus says about himself and not make Him God or the equal of God!))
    9) *Anyone who says something against the son of man can be forgiven, but whoever says something against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven-now or ever.(Matthew 12:32)
    10) I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. (John 20:17)
    ** ((Then The father is the father of Jesus and all people))
    11) Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and him only.'" (Matthew 4:10)
    12) "Well said, teacher," the man replied. "You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him." (Mark 12:32)
    13) "The Lord our God is Lord alone! Therefore, you shall adore the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with your entire mind, and with all your strength." (Deuteronomy 6:4-5, Mark 12:29-30)
    5) Was Jesus the only one who was called the son of God in the Bible?
    No, the Bible doesn't say that:
    1) *Adam is the son of God. (Luke 3:38)
    2) *Israel is my first-born son.(Exodus 4:22)
    3) *The Lord has said unto me, thou art my son; this day have I begotten thee." (Psalms 2:7,KJM).
    ,4) David is another begotten Son
    5) *Blessed are the peacemaker, for they will be called sons of God. (Matthew 5:9)
    ** ((Tracing this title:" son of God" in the Bible, we can find many "sons of God" and that Jesus is not the only son of God. It can be concluded that the Bible uses this title" son of God" figuratively to mean Righteous, pious, selected, or God-conscious.))
    6) Can God be a man ?
    ** ((Can God be a man, eat as man, feel hungry, go to toilet, is crucified, tortured and be seen and be heard ,cry on the cross and be spit on his face and doesn't have the power to destroy his enemies and pray to his god. What god is that?))
    1) "God is not a man...nor a son of man…" (Numbers 23:19)
    2) "...For I am God, and not man..." (Hosea 11:9)
    3) Matthew 26:39: "And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."
    4) in John 5:32 Jesus told his followers that they have never seen GOD at anytime nor ever heard his voice?
    5) "Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape." (John
    5:37)
    6) "Eli, Eli, lama sabachtani (My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?)
    ** ((Finally after discussing evidence from the Bible. In fact that God is one, NOT THREE, that. Jesus is not God or part of God, that he Does not equal with God, and that He is not the son of God in the literal sense .The son of god is common in the Bible and it is not underage on Jesus only (peace be upon him )) . Trinity is a strange concept in Christianity.No one can explain what trinity is even priests and even the Pope..
    "( رَبَّنَا لا تُؤَاخِذْنَا إِنْ نَسِينَا أَوْ أَخْطَأْنَا رَبَّنَا وَلا تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْنَا إِصْرًا كَمَا حَمَلْتَهُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِنَا رَبَّنَا وَلا تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لا طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَا أَنْتَ مَوْلانَا فَانْصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ) (2/286)"

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    07:22 PM

Lot of words, yet you miss the wider meaning of them all :( you say you love Jesus, but in truth you do not even know Him... How can you profess to love someone you have no knowledge of?

Matthew 16:15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him, “You are blessed, Simon son of Jonah, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but my Father in heaven.

I know you believe you mean well in your efforts of Dawah, you see you are saving souls. Christians know their soul is safe through the promise. Jesus is the only way to the Father...We just have to live our lives according to Gods will in order to achieve that promise.

I prefer to to believe what Jesus said about Himself, and what God the Father has granted me in understanding through His loving Spirit.

Peace.

هشيم is offline مشرف الأقسام غير العربية
    Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At
    05:41 PM

According to God, Jesus never says "I am God", there is no verse stating this.

According to son, if we think the same way of the Christians' explanation it means that Israels are also sons of God. Here we can ask "What does the "Son of GOD" really mean in the Bible?or What is the Biblical meaning of "Son of GOD?". We can not skip a verse and give different meanings to another verse. In Matthew 16:15 it is Simon Peter who says "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God" but in Exodus 4:22 the Lord Himself says "Israel is my son", that makes a critical difference.

Exodus 4:22 King James Bible
    And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:

peace to you

“You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
    قل هو الله احد * الله الصمد * لم يلد و لم يولد * و لم يكن له كفوا احد
    Dis : " Lui, Dieu, est Un ! * Dieu est le Soutien universel ! * Il n'engendre pas et Il n'est pas engendré, * et Il n'a pas d'égal. "

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At

Allah bless you dear brother عثمان أحمد الشيخ

May Allah reward you benevolent
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
    Dis : " Lui, Dieu, est Un ! * Dieu est le Soutien universel ! * Il n'engendre pas et Il n'est pas engendré, * et Il n'a pas d'égal. "

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    19-06-2014
    At

1- You said : "Lot of words, yet you miss the wider meaning of them all :( you say you love Jesus, but in truth you do not even know Him... How can you profess to love someone you have no knowledge of?
    -- I know well that Messiah (Jesus) is one of the greatest five messengers that Almighty God sent to mankind to guide them from the darkness of ignorance, atheism, polytheism and blasphemy to the light of faith, oneness and monotheism. The Almighty God created him as a miracle without father to teach us the unlimited ability of Almighty God because if He wants anything He (praise be to him) says Be and it is soon. That is found in your book.
    --- Please tell me who is Jesus in your faith with evidences from your book.
    2- You quoted from the Bible:" Matthew 16:15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him, “You are blessed, Simon son of Jonah, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but my Father in heaven.
    -- You left all the sayings of Jesus and thought that these words prove that Jesus is the son of God. Was Jesus the only person who was called the son of God of course no?
    -- If you track the concept "the son of God" you will discover that it was repeated in the Old testament more than 4 times . More of that there is the concept "the sons of God" which was repeated 3 times . In New Testament "the son of God" was repeated more than 50 times and the concept "the sons of God" 7 times. Are these all people actually or metaphorically sons of God ?? What does your mind tell you ??
    3- For example, and not as a limitation :
    -- Adam was called the son of God . Luck 3\38 "Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God"
    -- Solomon was the son of God sam2 7/14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:.
    -- Israel was called the son of God Exo 4/22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:
    -- David was the son of God Psa 2/7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
    -- What did the Jewish centurion say about Jesus ?Mark 15/39 And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God. (he said this man. did he mean he actually a son of God ? Let's read this event in Luck 23/47 Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying, Certainly this was a righteous man.
    -- If we compare between Mark and luck .In Mark The centurion said " Truly this man was the Son of God" and in Luke the centurion said " Certainly this was a righteous man."
    4- In fact that any human was devout, pious, prayerful righteous was called " the son of God" and there are also sons of God.
    -- "sons of God" Math 5/9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
    -- Rom 8/14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
    ** Do you still think that Jesus is actually the son of God and he is god. Please review your mind because if a person died on that faith he will face a great problem in the other day. I hope that God lead you to the straight way the way to paradise .

"( رَبَّنَا لا تُؤَاخِذْنَا إِنْ نَسِينَا أَوْ أَخْطَأْنَا رَبَّنَا وَلا تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْنَا إِصْرًا كَمَا حَمَلْتَهُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِنَا رَبَّنَا وَلا تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لا طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَا أَنْتَ مَوْلانَا فَانْصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ) (2/286)"

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Quote Originally Posted by هشيم View Post
    According to God, Jesus never says "I am God", there is no verse stating this.

According to son, if we think the same way of the Christians' explanation it means that Israels are also sons of God. Here we can ask "What does the "Son of GOD" really mean in the Bible?or What is the Biblical meaning of "Son of GOD?". We can not skip a verse and give different meanings to another verse. In Matthew 16:15 it is Simon Peter who says "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God" but in Exodus 4:22 the Lord Himself says "Israel is my son", that makes a critical difference.

Exodus 4:22 King James Bible
    And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:

peace to you
    Just as there are no verses where Jesus uses that very term there are also no verses saying he denied it. If it had been Gods will to make this fact freely known then it would have been. However, Jesus received worship and did not rebuke those who offered it, in fact the Angel Gabriel at the proclamation of His birth told he was to be worshipped, Jesus forgave sins, yet only God forgives sins. By His deeds and actions he made it clear as to who He was, the Pharisees of the time were in no doubt of the claims he made.

John 10:30-33 - "I and the Father are one." 31 The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" 33 The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God."

Peace

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    19-06-2014
    At

Thank you my brother in Allah and well done. I do not know how Christians think.Can God be a man as me and you ? Jesus (peace be upon him) was innocent of all these strange ideas . I hope that Allah guide them to the right way.

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At

Jesus forgave sins

If he can forgive sins, then why he was crucified instead of forgiving Adam for eating from the tree? Why he could not forgive him if he is capable of forgiving?
    So he is not God neither His son.
    I wonder?
    If eating of Tree of Life is a greater sin than beating and humiliating God (and his son)? Which one really needs atonement? It seems we want another crucifixion.
    Where is the critical thinking?

If it had been Gods will to make this fact freely known then it would have been. However, Jesus received worship and did not rebuke those who offered it, in fact the Angel Gabriel at the proclamation of His birth told he was to be worshipped
    You just repeat what you are told at churches. What is your evidence for this ((If it had been Gods will to make this fact freely known then it would have been))?

Peace
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Quote Originally Posted by عثمان أحمد الشيخ View Post
    Thank you my brother in Allah and well done. I do not know how Christians think.Can God be a man as me and you ? Jesus (peace be upon him) was innocent of all these strange ideas . I hope that Allah guide them to the right way.
    As I said already what others believe should be no hardship to yourself. Just concentrate on making yourself right before God.

You do not have to hope that God guides us to the right way... God has already done that through His loving Spirit.

Peace to you.

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Quote Originally Posted by هشيم View Post
    If he can forgive sins, then why he was crucified instead of forgiving Adam for eating from the tree? Why he could not forgive him if he is capable of forgiving?
    So he is not God neither His son.
    I wonder?
    If eating of Tree of Life is a greater sin than beating and humiliating God (and his son)? Which one really needs atonement? It seems we want another crucifixion.
    Where is the critical thinking?
    I'm thinking we may view sin differently, and due to this difference you will never understand the need for atonement, or why we can never achieve it by our own merits and why we need a saviour. Do you not believe that Adams sin was forgiven? God in His infinite mercy could choose to forgive Adam and Eve even though they never showed true repentance or took responsibility for their disobedience, Eve blamed the serpent, and Adam indirectly blamed God. The only one who was not forgiven by God was the serpent. However, as God is merciful, God is also just and we are told all sin comes with a price and that price must be paid. Forgiving the sin does not remove the consequence of that sin. For example a disobedient child when told not to touch the stove, touches it anyway and is burnt, you can comfort the child and forgive its disobedience yet the burn does not just go away, the consequence of the action remains. Just as the consequence of Adams disobedience to God allowing sin into mankind, we live with that consequence. Only God can make that right and restore us to our rightful place where God always intended us to be... The garden.. Or paradise.. Or heaven whatever works for you. The only thing that can hope to restore us to righteousness before God has to be a sinless being, just as the first Adam brought sin to mankind the last Adam .. Christ.. Removes it. Not here on earth but where it matters for all eternity, so we can obtain eternal life which was always Gods plan. That is why Jesus was born of a virgin, that is why there was never any fault in Him, and that is why He is sinless. When Jesus said He is the only way to God the Father he meant He is the only way. You accept it or reject it because it was a gift freely given to be freely accepted or rejected and no one is under any compulsion.

You look so lightly on the sin of eating the fruit of the forbidden tree!! Disobedience to God Himself, was there ever a greater sin.. :( for that one fall was the catalyst for the whole of mankind for once sin entered mankind we were fallen beings and would always fall short of the Glory of God. You are free to believe that Allah may or may not choose to forgive whom He wills, you are free to believe that if your good deeds out weigh your bad deeds you may be forgiven. But.. How do you know if your good deeds are enough? How do you quantify how many good deeds will be needed? You can accept that level of uncertainty... I prefer to accept the redemptive work of Jesus will grant me the grace to enable me to stand repentant before a Holy God and be judged.

We have no need of another crucifixion or indeed another saviour. Jesus completed Gods will it's a done deal... The result is eternal.

You just repeat what you are told at churches. What is your evidence for this ((If it had been Gods will to make this fact freely known then it would have been))?

Peace
    I do not need to go to a church to listen to the words of men, however well meaning those words are, to understand what God requires of me. Being part of the living gospel brings with it that intrinsic understanding. Do you doubt that everything happens by Gods will?

Peace also to you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information