How did a daughter of a drug cartel find Islam? How was the beginning; how did she get started searching for a meaning in her life?What did she find? How did Islam change her life? What have it made

of her? How does she live now as a Muslim?
Here’s here story in her own words…

Where did your journey to Islam begin?

My journey to Islam started when a couple of friends of mine wanted to take me to mosque. I was hanging up with Muslim friends, and Alhamdulillah I met I sister who is very dear and near to me. It was here who took me to the masjid.
But me wanting to go to the masjid came from looking for something better for my kids, because my life was very disorganized. I came from a household where my mother was a drug addict, and my father was in the Colombian cartel. He got thirty years in jail. My mother died from a heroin overdose.So, my lifestyle was similar to them as I was going down that path. I didn’t want to leave my kids the way my mother left us. So the more I reflected on that the more it pushed me to look for something different. One of Muslim friends told me then that being Muslim is about believing in One God, and that was appeasing to me; worshipping only One God, there’s no statues. And I got curious. That’s how it started.

How did your family react to your change?

My family didn’t react in a positive way to me being Muslim. It was me saying La ilaha illa Allah(There’s no god but Allah) that bothered them. Because they are catholic to the sense that …
Watch the new Muslim sister answer these questions presenting her amazing journey into Islam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=_ptGM-R0FLk