A Christian’s Love for Muslims

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Christian’s Love for Muslims

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    09-03-2024
    At
    08:10 PM

Default A Christian’s Love for Muslims

by Ijaz Ahmad

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
    بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ ,
    I’m sure we’ve all heard that emotional mumbo jumbo about ‘love’ from our Christian friends. That Muslims don’t have a God that loves them, that Muslims don’t know what love is, that Islam is a religion void of love, that we Muslims need to embrace Christianity to truly understand and know what love is. We’ve all seen Christians preach that whole, ‘turn the other cheek’ mantra, too bad I felt too much Christian love from this group of Christians discussing Islam:

I’m not exactly sure where the Qur’an says that we have to convert the world or kill everyone in the world, perhaps someone who agrees with Clark can show me. Feel free to post your response in the comments section and I’d address the claim. Let’s return to our pal’s comments now. Strangely enough, our friend Clark makes it clear that he rather buy a gun, than debate/ discuss his concerns with Muslims. I’m thinking that this is the “shoot first, ask questions later”, kind of mentality. If it isn’t enough to just buy a gun, our friend Clark has a brilliant master plan to bring peace and stability to the world. Kidnap a few Muslims, have them dig their graves, kill them and throw a pig’s carcass in their just for the heck of it. Just to be sure that they got the message, shout at their graves and let them know that they are not allowed to commit any future terrorist acts. At the end, Clark turns into some sort of a philosopher and decides that killing pigs and not humans may be a bad thing. I did some digging and well, Clark is just about Christian as they come:

Our loving Christian friend Clark, isn’t alone. He’s got a pal that also shares similar views:

I’m not sure that I can add much commentary to these images, it’s pretty clear to me that we’re dealing with persons who are actively discussing and intending to act violently towards Muslims. Their mentality is absolutely horrendous and quite shocking to say the least. Normally you’d expect folks who are discussing these things to do so privately, but to make such comments public and to share them among large groups of persons is disturbing to say the least. I can’t begin to imagine the outrage if Muslims had said this about Christians or Jews! I did some further digging and as it turns out, our buddy Louis supports Pamela Geller, the infamous Islamophobe who incited the Norwegian Anders Behring Breivik’s terrorist attacks against Muslims and Muslim friendly groups in Norway.

It should be noted that Christian Missionaries, David Wood and Sam Shamoun both support and promote Geller’s views. A quick look at David Wood’s Answering Muslims website shows numerous videos of Pamela. Two peas in a pod. Similar to the self declared “Crusader”, Anders not only discussed killing Muslims online, but he shared many of the same views as our friends Clark and Louis. If this trend is anything to base our suspicions on, we’re looking at persons intent on mass murdering Muslims and those who sympathize with Muslims, in the name of their Lord, Christ.
    wa Allaahu Alam,
    and Allaah knows best.
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    07:22 PM

This is a very interesting article, but sadly misguided in its intention. Would you say that muslims who kill innocent people by terrorist acts which are against the teachings of the Quran are true muslims? Think carefully before you answer.

I as a Christian have no problem in saying that any person who promotes hatred and violence in any way towards another person is in their heart is NOT a Christian. God also knows this for a fact. :)

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    09-03-2024
    At

Quote Originally Posted by pandora View Post
    This is a very interesting article, but sadly misguided in its intention. Would you say that muslims who kill innocent people by terrorist acts which are against the teachings of the Quran are true muslims? Think carefully before you answer.

I as a Christian have no problem in saying that any person who promotes hatred and violence in any way towards another person is in their heart is NOT a Christian. God also knows this for a fact. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by pandora View Post

Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

Islam renounce the killing of innocent people

What do you think war crusade.
    Is the killing of innocent people in the name of religion or not?

اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Islam renounce the killing of innocent people
    this however does not prevent some muslims killing innocent people.

What do you think war crusade.
    Is the killing of innocent people in the name of religion or not?
    if you care too would you like to elucidate on "war crusade". Historical or present day?

Although whichever your choice as a Christian I would have to say any war or conflict in the name of God is wrong. Why would God wish us to fight each other in his name? No logical reason to suppose God would wish this. Whatever supposed justice we dispense to each other during our time on this earth counts for nothing as God is our ultimate judge. That's why I have no problem forgiving a person who has wronged me as I know that God will pass divine judgement upon them anyway if they have sinned, so there is no need for an eye for an eye justice, like you hurt me I hurt you back..it is so pointless. It can only ever escalate into violence and hate.

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    09-03-2024
    At

this however does not prevent some muslims killing innocent people.
    I do not defend any one contrary to the teachings of Islam

To see the principles of war in Islam and Christianity

if you care too would you like to elucidate on "war crusade". Historical or present day?

Although whichever your choice as a Christian I would have to say any war or conflict in the name of God is wrong. Why would God wish us to fight each other in his name? No logical reason to suppose God would wish this. Whatever supposed justice we dispense to each other during our time on this earth counts for nothing as God is our ultimate judge. That's why I have no problem forgiving a person who has wronged me as I know that God will pass divine judgement upon them anyway if they have sinned, so there is no need for an eye for an eye justice, like you hurt me I hurt you back..it is so pointless. It can only ever escalate into violence and hate.
    But the Crusades were in accordance with the teachings of Jesus and lot killed behalf Cross

I will write a story about the Crusades and the Christian terrorism + directory

Pandora.You are very good, I would love to be your girlfriend
    : 98 -:

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

I do not defend any one contrary to the teachings of Islam
    On this point we have agreement as I do not defend anyone acting contrary to the teachings of Jesus.

But the Crusades were in accordance with the teachings of Jesus and lot killed behalf Cross

On this point we do not agree. The Crusades were very much against the teachings of Jesus and of The Lord Our God. The Crusades were the actions of men, this is forever a stain on the history of the church. Although they may have believed their actions were justified to end hundreds of years of persecution of Christians by muslims, to reinstate the rights of Christians of safe pilgrimage to Jerusalem and their Holy shrines. At the moment they killed the first person they turned their backs on The teachings of Jesus and Our Lord God. They were in fact carrying out the work of the devil though they did not realise it.

Christians worldwide have sought to atone for this shameful episode from the past, but how long should a person be held responsible for the actions of their ancestors who lived in a world very different from the world we inhabit today? God tells us we are all responsible for our own sins, our ancestors have already been judged for theirs, is it right that Christians today should still be held accountable? You may find the following article of interest....I don't think it's from an infidel site ;)

During Ramadan 1996 the following two messages have been circulated among
    Millions of Christians. They are a very good formulation of a true Christian
    attitude towards the horrors and evil of the Crusades. Maybe these
    statements can help in a small way that understanding and forgiveness can
    grow. They definitely do reflect the true Christian and Biblical attitude,
    though it is very sad, that still today, the name "Christian" religion is
    abused for violence and power politics.

The Crusades

The 900th anniversary (1095-1099) of the dreadful events of the First Crusade
    present Christ's followers with an opportunity to express deep remorse for the
    past. We need to humbly ask for forgiveness for the blood that was shed in the
    name of Christianity. As each Crusader wore the symbol of the Cross, we need to
    recognize the great mistake which made the symbol of love for all men into a
    sign of division, hate and extermination.

Jews, Eastern Christians and Muslims were all affected by the Crusades. Jews
    were slaughtered in several places. Eastern Christians (Greek Orthodox and
    others) were mistreated and humiliated by the Crusader armies, increasing the
    divisions which already existed. Muslims were killed in great numbers,
    encouraging centuries of deep hostility. Wars have been a major part of human
    history, but religious wars in the name of Christ do not reflect the spirit of
    the Gospel. Jesus said, "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute
    you. Do good to those who hate you, and bless those who curse you." (Luke
    6:27-36)

Many Muslims have a much better memory of the Crusades than Christians. "It's
    another Crusade!" is a phrase that recurs regularly in the rhetoric of some
    Muslim leaders. Muslim fundamentalists frequently refer to western cultural and
    economic influence as the last crusade.

On this first day of prayer during Ramadan 1996, let us reflect on the past and
    ask the Lord to search our hearts concerning our present attitudes. Many of us
    have ancestors who were involved in the Crusades. Many more of us are the
    spiritual descendants of those who participated in and supported the Crusades.

While the past cannot be rewritten, each one of us can take a step toward laying
    a new foundation for future generations. As Christians we can say that we are
    sorry for the past. Let us pray for a healing of wounds between Jew, Christians
    and Muslims. Through His death on the cross, Jesus made the way for us to have
    forgiveness of sins, to be reconciled to the Father and to one another (2 Cor.
    5:17-20). "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of
    God." (Mt: 5:9).

============================================================ =================

Many Moslems' image of Christianity consists of the crusades and the degenerate
    tourists and television reports from the supposedly Christian West. The
    following report describes some initiatives and facts which accompany and will
    in part initiate a new phase in contacts between Christians and Moslems:

Christians pray for Moslems during Ramadan
    Millions of Christians will pray, and some fast, for Moslems from 21 January to
    19 February 1996. Initially the idea of a few Christian leaders who met in the
    Middle East to pray for the kingdom of God in that area of the 10/40 Window, the
    practice is increasingly being adopted by other Christian churches and
    movements. More information is available from your national Evangelical Alliance
    or from a nearby Youth With A Mission centre or other mission agency.

The Reconciliation Walk in the footsteps of the crusaders
    27 November 1995 was the 900th anniversary of Pope Urban II's awful call to
    Western Christianity to march to free the Holy Land from the 'unbelievers'. An
    initially eager troop, believing that they would prepare the way for the Messiah
    by liberating Jerusalem, set off from Cologne. The crusading armies soon became
    a pack of brutal plunderers destroying everything in their path. When they took
    Jerusalem on 15 July 1099, they viciously murdered all the Jews and Moslems,
    carrying a cross in one hand and a sword in the other - and Satan celebrated one
    of his greatest triumphs: he had made the church sin in God's name.

That is history for the Western world - but not for the Middle East's Moslems.
    For them, the crusades are still an open wound. For that reason, the
    Reconciliation Walk was founded. The idea is to invite as many Christians as
    possible to follow in the footsteps of the crusaders from Cologne to Jerusalem,
    to ask and pray for reconciliation and forgiveness, and clean the historically
    bad image of Christianity in a spirit of repentance.

I will write a story about the Crusades and the Christian terrorism + directory
    Honestly, no offence intended, but don't bother yourself. Obviously your version is going to differ greatly from historical facts. The historical accounts already in existence are accurate enough for anyone interested. Unless you just want to hold a grudge match? It would seem no one quite bears a grudge like a Muslim. I think you do not have a good role model for forgiveness and have not heard the phrase draw a line and move on. :)

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    09-03-2024
    At

On this point we do not agree. The Crusades were very much against the teachings of Jesus and of The Lord Our God. The Crusades were the actions of men, this is forever a stain on the history of the church. Although they may have believed their actions were justified to end hundreds of years of persecution of Christians by muslims, to reinstate the rights of Christians of safe pilgrimage to Jerusalem and their Holy shrines. At the moment they killed the first person they turned their backs on The teachings of Jesus and Our Lord God. They were in fact carrying out the work of the devil though they did not realise it.

Christians worldwide have sought to atone for this shameful episode from the past, but how long should a person be held responsible for the actions of their ancestors who lived in a world very different from the world we inhabit today? God tells us we are all responsible for our own sins, our ancestors have already been judged for theirs, is it right that Christians today should still be held accountable? You may find the following article of interest....I don't think it's from an infidel site ;)

During Ramadan 1996 the following two messages have been circulated among
    Millions of Christians. They are a very good formulation of a true Christian
    attitude towards the horrors and evil of the Crusades. Maybe these
    statements can help in a small way that understanding and forgiveness can
    grow. They definitely do reflect the true Christian and Biblical attitude,
    though it is very sad, that still today, the name "Christian" religion is
    abused for violence and power politics.

The Crusades

The 900th anniversary (1095-1099) of the dreadful events of the First Crusade
    present Christ's followers with an opportunity to express deep remorse for the
    past. We need to humbly ask for forgiveness for the blood that was shed in the
    name of Christianity. As each Crusader wore the symbol of the Cross, we need to
    recognize the great mistake which made the symbol of love for all men into a
    sign of division, hate and extermination.

Jews, Eastern Christians and Muslims were all affected by the Crusades. Jews
    were slaughtered in several places. Eastern Christians (Greek Orthodox and
    others) were mistreated and humiliated by the Crusader armies, increasing the
    divisions which already existed. Muslims were killed in great numbers,
    encouraging centuries of deep hostility. Wars have been a major part of human
    history, but religious wars in the name of Christ do not reflect the spirit of
    the Gospel. Jesus said, "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute
    you. Do good to those who hate you, and bless those who curse you." (Luke
    6:27-36)

Many Muslims have a much better memory of the Crusades than Christians. "It's
    another Crusade!" is a phrase that recurs regularly in the rhetoric of some
    Muslim leaders. Muslim fundamentalists frequently refer to western cultural and
    economic influence as the last crusade.

On this first day of prayer during Ramadan 1996, let us reflect on the past and
    ask the Lord to search our hearts concerning our present attitudes. Many of us
    have ancestors who were involved in the Crusades. Many more of us are the
    spiritual descendants of those who participated in and supported the Crusades.

While the past cannot be rewritten, each one of us can take a step toward laying
    a new foundation for future generations. As Christians we can say that we are
    sorry for the past. Let us pray for a healing of wounds between Jew, Christians
    and Muslims. Through His death on the cross, Jesus made the way for us to have
    forgiveness of sins, to be reconciled to the Father and to one another (2 Cor.
    5:17-20). "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of
    God." (Mt: 5:9).

============================================================ =================

Many Moslems' image of Christianity consists of the crusades and the degenerate
    tourists and television reports from the supposedly Christian West. The
    following report describes some initiatives and facts which accompany and will
    in part initiate a new phase in contacts between Christians and Moslems:

Christians pray for Moslems during Ramadan
    Millions of Christians will pray, and some fast, for Moslems from 21 January to
    19 February 1996. Initially the idea of a few Christian leaders who met in the
    Middle East to pray for the kingdom of God in that area of the 10/40 Window, the
    practice is increasingly being adopted by other Christian churches and
    movements. More information is available from your national Evangelical Alliance
    or from a nearby Youth With A Mission centre or other mission agency.

The Reconciliation Walk in the footsteps of the crusaders
    27 November 1995 was the 900th anniversary of Pope Urban II's awful call to
    Western Christianity to march to free the Holy Land from the 'unbelievers'. An
    initially eager troop, believing that they would prepare the way for the Messiah
    by liberating Jerusalem, set off from Cologne. The crusading armies soon became
    a pack of brutal plunderers destroying everything in their path. When they took
    Jerusalem on 15 July 1099, they viciously murdered all the Jews and Moslems,
    carrying a cross in one hand and a sword in the other - and Satan celebrated one
    of his greatest triumphs: he had made the church sin in God's name.

That is history for the Western world - but not for the Middle East's Moslems.
    For them, the crusades are still an open wound. For that reason, the
    Reconciliation Walk was founded. The idea is to invite as many Christians as
    possible to follow in the footsteps of the crusaders from Cologne to Jerusalem,
    to ask and pray for reconciliation and forgiveness, and clean the historically
    bad image of Christianity in a spirit of repentance.
    History ruthless

Christian learn the meaning of terrorism during the Crusades

You recognize it from the Crusades a religious war against others

You can not erase your black history

Honestly, no offence intended, but don't bother yourself. Obviously your version is going to differ greatly from historical facts. The historical accounts already in existence are accurate enough for anyone interested. Unless you just want to hold a grudge match? It would seem no one quite bears a grudge like a Muslim. I think you do not have a good role model for forgiveness and have not heard the phrase draw a line and move on. :)
    You did not suffer from the Crusades

You can not force anyone to forgive. Damaged alone knows the amount of losses

The problem is that Christians accuse Islam with terrorism between them areterrorists

Christian history is full of blood

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    01-03-2021
    At
    02:13 PM

Now hold on a second . Pandora , you say that you wouldn't punish who harms you . Do you really believe that makes sense ? Rather , would you REALLY work with that rule ? If so,e guy barged into your house , stole your valuables , and burnt it - God forbids - would you really forgive him and let him go off the hook ?!

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Quote Originally Posted by نصير الدين View Post
    Now hold on a second . Pandora , you say that you wouldn't punish who harms you . Do you really believe that makes sense ? Rather , would you REALLY work with that rule ? If so,e guy barged into your house , stole your valuables , and burnt it - God forbids - would you really forgive him and let him go off the hook ?!
    Yes it makes perfect sense, I will tell you of a personal experience, some years ago my husband was killed and I was badly injured in an accident caused by the careless actions of another person. This devastated my life, I made a recovery from my injuries but it took longer to deal with the loss of my husband, in fact I don't believe I ever will. I hated the person responsible, I blamed him and God forgive me, I wished him pain like I was feeling. He was charged and in due course was brought to trial, he was found guilty and sentenced to a time in custody. Many thought it was not long enough, it was at that point I realised the power of forgiveness and how it sets you free. By forgiving this person for the wrong he had done to me set me free to grieve and rebuild my life. I could have let my hate fester and lived an empty life filled with thoughts of revenge...but who would that have harmed? Ultimately myself. The person serving his sentence was not bothered if I forgave him or not, it would make no difference to his life, but it made a huge difference to mine.

I could forgive because I have the confidence in Gods justice and the knowledge that the person will pay for his sins at the end of his days. Christ taught us to forgive our enemies and those who sinned against us. Many people do not understand how an important gift this is and how it empowers a person. It may be a difficult thing to do, but ultimately it is far more rewarding than revenge. You can believe if you like that an "eye for an eye" justice is what Allah decreed...but ask yourself who really benefits from an act of vengeance? Christ taught that God wished us to forgive those who sinned against us, he taught this on Gods authority. Makes perfect sense to me.

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

You can not erase your black history
    neither can you yours...that's the thing with history one learns from the mistakes made and moves on...or not as the case may be.

You did not suffer from the Crusades
    what! and you did? Everyone suffered from the crusades and you are sure making us suffer for it even today. Forgiveness..forgiveness...forgiveness ....forgiveness..try it, it will set you free.

The problem is that Christians accuse Islam with terrorism between them areterrorists
    is that the problem? Are you saying that all the terrorists acts committed by muslims against the west are a result of the crusades over 900years ago!!!! If this is so my friend you have as they say been slipped a custard..who started the crusades? It took 460years of Muslim persecution of Christians in the Holy land before the crusades were called by Pope Urban 2nd. At the beginning of the fifth century, two hundred years before Muhammad appeared, there were seven-hundred Catholic bishops in Africa. Two hundred of them attended the Council of Carthage in 535 AD. By the middle of the 900s there were forty left. By 1050, as a result of 'peaceful coexistence,' there were only five left. In 1076 there were two. We learn this from a letter that Pope Gregory VII, 'Hildebrand,' wrote to Cyriacus, Archbishop of Carthage in June 1076. As three bishops are needed for the valid consecration of another bishop Gregory asked him to send a suitable priest to Rome who could be consecrated assistant bishop, so that he [Cyriacus] and Servandus, bishop of Buzea in Mauritania, and the new bishop could consecrate other bishops for the African Catholics. Did these Popes just disappear? When their churches were burnt and distroyed did they just peacefully move on..No they were killed...you know who by, part of your bloody history.

Your history like mine is full of blood. We cannot change that fact but we can make amends for it....that means forgiving each other for the past crimes of our collective ancestors, who I expect in the world and time they lived in felt they were doing the right thing. If we are to learn anything at all from history it should be when our ancestors get it wrong we should not be repeating the same mistakes. As I said already ...forgiveness sets you free. :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information