Pandora ask about Islam

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Pandora ask about Islam

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pandora ask about Islam

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    07:22 PM

I posted a question last evening but it is not here!!!

My question..why do muslims feels he need to constantly try and discredit the Bible with claims of biblical corruption of texts..missing text etc. whilst at the same time using the very same Bible to search for verses that would seem to authenticate Mohammed as a prophet. As tenses verses do not exist in the Bible they then seek to interpret the scriptures to suit their aims.

You have your Holy Book..leave ours to us.

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    09-03-2024
    At
    08:10 PM

In the name of Allah

I posted a question last evening but it is not here!!!
    Never no post you deleted

why do muslims feels he need to constantly try and discredit the Bible with claims of biblical corruption of texts..missing text etc

Is there a guide or an example proves it

Everything and anything we write about Christianity is the proof

Therefore we are not Christian Rapture but those are really after diversion

But before that comes the evidence must know what the Quran said about Christ

(إِنَّ مَثَلَ عِيسَى عِنْدَ اللَّهِ كَمَثَلِ آَدَمَ خَلَقَهُ مِنْ تُرَابٍ ثُمَّ قَالَ لَهُ كُنْ فَيَكُونُ)

Sahih International: Indeed, the example of Jesus to Allah is like that of Adam. He created Him from dust; then He said to him, "Be," and he was.

whilst at the same time using the very same Bible to search for verses that would seem to authenticate Mohammed as a prophet. As tenses verses do not exist in the Bible they then seek to interpret the scriptures to suit their aims.

Do you prove fault Bisharat Prophet Muhammad in the Bible

Pandora
    If you ask me about Islam anything about Islam you you claim with evidence. True?

Also when you are attacking Islam any suspicion you should be installed first

In interview feel Christians distort Islam, lies and myth
    Are they obliged to it

I'll get my guide and you too

ok!
    Last edited by فداء الرسول; 15-12-2012 at 07:05 PM.
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

I have read the Quran as I have read the Bible, I am an ordinary person not a Biblical scholar . The Bible differs from the Quran as it never claims to be the direct word of God. It is an inspired work of God and an historical account over a period of 1500 years, a total of 66 books both the Old and New Testament each book collaborates with the others. The New Testament deals mainly with Christ, the Messiah, his birth, mission,death and resurrection. This was transcribed by various means over the years and for a book to be included in the canonised Bible we have today it had to meet a criteria. The Bible we have today is pretty much the same Bible that was inside use during prophet Mohammed's life, is there evidence that Mohammed ever said, personally, that the Bible was corrupted? Or did this idea come later, when the Christians and Jews of the time refused to recognise Mohammed as a prophet.

The Quran, is much shorter...even than maybe the New Testament. I found many contradictions within its pages and had trouble seeing God, as I understand God to be as its author. Then I thought maybe then as a non muslim I need the help of a muslim scholar to interpret the suras for me... Then a thought again...surely God would not make a book meant for all people if it was only a certain section could understand its message. Does every muslim attend special classes to better understand its message?

A Christians relationship with God, well mine at least, does not depend wholly on what is written in the Bible. It is easy to know what God requires of us, as we have the example of Jesus to follow.

There have been many times in my life where my faith in God has saved me, God has never forsaken me and I will never forsake God.

I shall now attempt to post this and hope I do not choose the wrong icon and delete my post...may I ask is there a delay when a post appears?

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Why do you feel Christians in particular distort Islam ?

There is no need to distort or lie, it is sad that you should think this. Strange though that when I read posts by muslims write about christianity I feel the same way, what they write is mostly misunderstanding. Twisting and quoting out of context.

Very sad in both cases, because there is only the one God that we both love and worship, so I don't see the point of all this my god is better than your God sort of stuff. OK I may worry about your salvation, as I would wish for all to know the perfect love of God, but that is not in my remit to effect, it can only be through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    09-03-2024
    At

In the name of Allah

is there evidence that Mohammed ever said, personally, that the Bible was corrupted?
    allah say mohammed in the quran

فَوَيْلٌ لِلَّذِينَ يَكْتُبُونَ الْكِتَابَ بِأَيْدِيهِمْ ثُمَّ يَقُولُونَ هَذَا مِنْ عِنْدِ اللَّهِ لِيَشْتَرُوا بِهِ ثَمَناً قَلِيلاً فَوَيْلٌ لَهُمْ مِمَّا كَتَبَتْ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَوَيْلٌ لَهُمْ مِمَّا يَكْسِبُونَ

Sahih International: So woe to those who write the "scripture" with their own hands, then say, "This is from Allah ," in order to exchange it for a small price. Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn.

Or did this idea come later, when the Christians and Jews of the time refused to recognise Mohammed as a prophet.

أَفَتَطْمَعُونَ أَنْ يُؤْمِنُوا لَكُمْ وَقَدْ كَانَ فَرِيقٌ مِنْهُمْ يَسْمَعُونَ كَلامَ اللَّهِ ثُمَّ يُحَرِّفُونَهُ مِنْ بَعْدِ مَا عَقَلُوهُ وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ

Sahih International: Do you covet [the hope, O believers], that they would believe for you while a party of them used to hear the words of Allah and then distort the Torah after they had understood it while they were knowing?

Then a thought again...surely God would not make a book meant for all people if it was only a certain section could understand its message. Does every muslim attend special classes to better understand its message?
    You can ask me

D. philibs say at islam

The Religion of Islam

The first thing that one should know and clearly understand about Islam is what the word "Islam" itself means. The religion of Islam is not named after a person as in the case of Christianity which was named after Jesus Christ, Buddhism after Gotama Buddha, Confucianism after Confucius, and Marxism after Karl Marx. Nor was it named after a tribe like Judaism after the tribe of Judah and Hinduism after the Hindus. Islam is the true religion of "Allah" and as such, its name represents the central principle of Allah's "God's" religion; the total submission to the will of Allah "God".

The Arabic word "Islam" means the submission or surrender of one's will to the only true god worthy of worship "Allah" and anyone who does so is termed a "Muslim", The word also implies "peace" which is the natural consequence of total submission to the will of Allah. Hence, it was not a new religion brought by Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) I in Arabia in the seventh century, but only the true religion of Allah re-expressed in its final form. Islam is the religion which was given to Adam, the first man and the first prophet of Allah, and it was the religion of all the prophets sent by Allah to mankind. The name of God's religion Islam was not decided upon by later generations of man. It was chosen by Allah Himself and clearly mentioned in His final revelation to man. In the final book of divine revelation, the Qur’an, Allah states the following:”This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion”. (Qur’an 5:3) “If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah (God) never will It be accepted of Him” (Qur’an 3:85) “Abraham was not a Jew nor Christian; but an upright Muslim.” (Qur’an 3:67)

THE MESSAGE OF ISLAM

Since the total submission of one's will to Allah represents the essence of worship, the basic message of Allah's divine religion, Islam is the worship of Allah alone and the avoidance of worship directed to any person, place or thing other than Allah. Since everything other than Allah, the Creator of all things is Allah's creation; it may be said that Islam, in essence calls man away from the worship of creation and invites him to worship only its Creator. He is the only one deserving man's worship as it is only by His will that prayers are answered.”You alone do we worship and from you alone do we seek help”. (Qur’an 1:5) Elsewhere, in the final book of revelation, the Qur’an, Allah also said: "And your Lord says:"Call on Me and I will answer your (prayer)”. (Qur’an 40:60) It is worth noting that the basic message of Islam is that Allah and His creation are distinctly different entities. Neither is Allah His creation or a part of it, nor is His creation Him or a part of Him. This might seem obvious, but, man's worship of creation instead of the Creator is to a large degree based on ignorance of this concept. It is the belief that the essence of Allah is everywhere in His creation or that His divine being is or was present in some aspects of His creation, which has provided justification for the worship of creation though such worship maybe called the worship of Allah through his creation. However, the message of Islam as brought by the prophets of Allah is to worship only Allah and to avoid the worship of his creation either directly or indirectly. In the Qur'an Allah clearly states: “For We assuredly sent amongst every people a prophet,(with the command) worship me and avoid false gods” (Qur’an 16:36)

THE UNIVERSALITY OF ISLAM

Within the central principle of Islam and in its definition, (the surrender of one's will to God) lies the roots of Islam's universality. Whenever man comes to the realization that Allah is one and distinct from His creation, and submits himself to Allah, he becomes a Muslim in body and spirit and is eligible for paradise. Thus, anyone at anytime in the most remote region of the world can become a Muslim, a follower of God's religion, Islam, by merely rejecting the worship of creation and by turning to Allah (God) alone. It should be noted however, that the recognition of and submission to Allah requires that one chooses between right and wrong and such a choice implies accountability. Man will be held responsible for his choices, and, as such, he should try his utmost to do good and avoid evil. The ultimate good being the worship of Allah alone and the ultimate evil being the worship of His creation along with or instead of Allah. This fact is expressed in the final revelation as follows:”Verily those who believe, those who follow the Jewish (Scriptures), the Christians and the Sabians any who believe In Allah and the last day, and work righteousness *hall have their reward with their Lord; They will not be overcome by fear nor grief (Qur’an 2:62). If only they had stood by the law, the Gospel, and all the revelation that was sent to them from their Lord, they would have enjoyed happiness from every side. There Is from among them a party on the right course; but many of them follow a course that is evil”. (Qur’an 5:66)

RECOGNITION OF ALLAH

The question which arises here is, "How can all people be expected to believe in Allah given their varying- backgrounds, societies and cultures? For people to be responsible for worshipping Allah they all have to have access to knowledge of Allah. The final revelation teaches that all mankind have the recognition of Allah imprinted on their souls, a part of their very nature with which they are created. In the Qur’an 172-173; Allah explained that when He created Adam, He caused all of Adam's descendants to come into existence and took a pledge from them saying, Am I not your Lord? To which they all replied, " Yes, we testify to It: 'Allah then explained why He had all of mankind bear witness that He is their creator and only true God worthy of worship. He said, "That was In case you (mankind) should say on the day of Resurrection, "Verily we were unaware of all this." That is to say, we had no idea that You Allah, were our God. No one told us that we were only supposed to worship You alone. Allah went on to explain that it was also In case you should say, "Certainly It was our ancestors who made partners (With Allah) and we are only their descendants; will You then destroy us for what those liars did?" Thus, every child is born with a natural belief in Allah and an inborn inclination to worship Him alone called in Arabic the "Fitrah". Prophets were sent, as was earlier mentioned, to every nation and tribe to support man's natural belief in Allah and man's inborn inclination to worship Him as well as to reinforce the divine truth in the daily signs revealed by Allah. Although, in most cases, much of the prophets' teachings became distorted, portions remained which point out right and wrong. Consequently, every soul will be held to account for its belief in Allah and its acceptance of the religion of Islam; the total submission to the will of Allah. We pray to Allah, the exalted, to keep us on the right path to which He has guided us, and to bestow on us a blessing from Him, He is indeed the Most Merciful. Praise and gratitude be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds, and peace and blessings be on prophet Muhammad, his Family, his companions, and those who rightly follow them.

Dr. B. Philips

A Christians relationship with God, well mine at least, does not depend wholly on what is written in the Bible. It is easy to know what God requires of us, as we have the example of Jesus to follow.

What is the benefit of the Bible!

اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    09-03-2024
    At

Quote Originally Posted by pandora View Post
    Why do you feel Christians in particular distort Islam ?

There is no need to distort or lie, it is sad that you should think this. Strange though that when I read posts by muslims write about christianity I feel the same way, what they write is mostly misunderstanding. Twisting and quoting out of context.

Very sad in both cases, because there is only the one God that we both love and worship, so I don't see the point of all this my god is better than your God sort of stuff. OK I may worry about your salvation, as I would wish for all to know the perfect love of God, but that is not in my remit to effect, it can only be through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Was again where we wrote posts wrong about Christianity

Islam does not tell us lie. Allah says in the Holy Quran

Sahih International: And do not argue with the People of the Scripture except in a way that is best, except for those who commit injustice among them, and say, "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you. And our God and your God is one; and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him."

Pandora your posts still attack needs to guide

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

You ask what is the benefit of the Bible? ... The Bible is Gods instruction book for the whole of mankind. A manual if you like.

To know the word of God we have Jesus, for he is the word of God.
    The Old Testament prophecied his coming, the New Testament gave an account of his mission, which was completed on earth by his death and resurrection. There was no need for another prophet.

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    09-03-2024
    At

You ask what is the benefit of the Bible? ... The Bible is Gods instruction book for the whole of mankind. A manual if you like.

To know the word of God we have Jesus, for he is the word of God.
    The Old Testament prophecied his coming, the New Testament gave an account of his mission, which was completed on earth by his death and resurrection. There was no need for another prophet.
    You do not need the Bible. as you mentioned here

There was no need for another prophet.

But the Bible to prove the prophecy of Prophet Muhammad

The Prophet Like Unto Moses

Long time after Abraham, God's promise to send the long-awaited Messenger was repeated this time in Moses' words.
    In Deuteronomy 18:18, Moses spoke of the prophet to be sent by God who is:

1) From among the Israelite's "brethren", a reference to their Ishmaelite cousins as Ishmael was the other son of Abraham who was explicitly promised to become a "great nation".

2) A prophet like unto Moses. There were hardly any two prophets ,who were so much alike as Moses and Muhammad. Both were given comprehensive law code of life, both encountered their enemies and were victors in miraculous ways, both were accepted as prophets/statesmen and both migrated following conspiracies to assassinate them. Analogies between Moses and Jesus overlooks not only the above similarities but other crucial ones as well (e.g. the natural birth, family life and death of Moses and Muhammad but not of Jesus, who was regarded by His followers as the Son of God and not exclusively a messenger of God, as Moses and Muhammad were and as Muslim belief Jesus was).

THE AWAITED PROPHET WAS TO COME FROM ARABIA

Deuteronomy 33:1-2 combines references to Moses, Jesus and Muhammad. It speaks of God (i.e. God's revelation) coming from Sinai, rising from Seir (probably the village of Sa'ir near Jerusalem) and shining forth from Paran. According to Genesis 21:21, the wilderness of Paran was the place where Ishmael settled (i.e. Arabia, specifically Mecca).

Indeed the King James version of the Bible mentions the pilgrims passing through the valley of Ba'ca (another name of Mecca) in Psalms 84:4-6.

Isaiah 42:1-13 speaks of the beloved of God. His elect and messenger who will bring down a law to be awaited in the isles and who "shall not fail nor be discouraged till he have set judgement on earth." Verse 11, connects that awaited one with the descendants of Ke'dar. Who is Ke'dar? According to Genesis 25:13, Ke'dar was the second son of Ishmael, the ancestor of prophet Muhammad.

MUHAMMAD'S MIGRATION FROM MECCA TO MEDINA:
    PROPHECIED IN THE BIBLE?

Habakkuk 3:3 speaks of God (God's help) coming from Te'man (an Oasis North of Medina according to J. Hasting's Dictionary of the Bible), and the holy one (coming) from Paran. That holy one who under persecution migrated from Paran (Mecca) to be received enthusiastically in Medina was none but prophet Muhammad.
    Indeed the incident of the migration of the prophet and his persecuted followers is vividly described in Isaiah 21:13-17. That section foretold as well about the battle of Badr in which the few ill-armed faithful miraculously defeated the "mighty" men of Ke'dar, who sought to destroy Islam and intimidate their own folks who turned -to Islam.

THE QUR'AN (KORAN) FORETOLD IN THE BIBLE?

For twenty-three years, God's words (the Qur'an) were truely put into Muhammad's mouth. He was not the "author" of the Qur'an. The Qur'an was dictated to him by Angel Gabriel who asked Muhammad to simply repeat the words of the Qur'an as he heard them. These words were then committed to memory and to writing by those who hear them during Muhammad's life time and under his supervision.

Was it a coincidence that the prophet "like unto Moses" from the "brethren" of the Israelites (i.e. from the lshmaelites) was also described as one in whose mouth God will put his words and that he will speak in the name of God, (Deuteronomy 18:18-20). Was it also a coincidence the "Paraclete" that Jesus foretold to come after Him was described as one who "shall not speak of himself, but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak (John 16:13)

Was it another coincidence that Isaiah ties between the messenger connected with Ke'dar and a new song (a scripture in a new language) to be sang unto the Lord (Isaiah 42:10-11). More explicitly, prophesies Isaiah "For with stammering lips, and another tongue, will he speak to this people" (Isaiah 28:11). This latter verse correctly describes the "stammering lips" of Prophet Muhammad reflecting the state of tension and concentration he went through at the time of revelation. Another related point is that the Qur'an was revealed in piece-meals over a span of twenty three years. It is interesting to compare this with Isaiah 28:10 whichspeaks of the same thing.

THAT PROPHET- PARACLETE- MUHAMMAD

Up to the time of Jesus (peace be upon him), the Israelites were still awaiting for that prophet like unto Moses prophecied in Deuteronomy 18:18. When John the Baptist came, they asked him if he was Christ and he said "no". They asked him if he was Elias and he said "no". Then, in apparent reference to Deuteronomy 18:18, they asked him "Art thou that Prophet" and he answered, "no". (John 1: 1 9-2 1).

In the Gospel according to John (Chapters 14, 15, 16) Jesus spoke of the "Paraclete" or comforter who will come after him, who will be sent by Father as another Paraclete, who will teach new things which the contemporaries of Jesus could not bear. While the Paraclete is described as the spirit of truth, (whose meaning resemble Muhammad's famous title Al-Amin, the trustworthy), he is identified in one verse as the Holy Ghost (John 14:26). Such a designation is however inconsistent with the profile of that Paraclete. In the words of the Dictionary of the Bible, (Ed. J. Mackenzie) "These items, it must be admitted do not give an entirely coherent picture."

Indeed history tells us that many early Christians understood the Paraclete to be a man and not a spirit. This might explain the followings who responded to some who claimed, without meeting the criteria stipulated by Jesus, to be the awaited "Paraciete".

It was Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) who was the Paraclete, Comforter, helper, admonisher sent by God after Jesus. He testified of Jesus, taught new things which could not be borne at Jesus' time, he spoke what he heard (revelation), he dwells with the believers (through his well-preserved teachings). Such teachings will remain forever because he was the last messenger of God, the only Universal Messenger to unite the whole of humanity under God and on the path of PRESERVED truth. He told of many things to come which "came to pass" in the minutest detail meeting, the criterion given by Moses to distinguish between the true prophet and the false prophets (Deuteronomy 18:22). He did reprove the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgement (John 16:8-11)

Now. Can you explain the Trinity to recognize that Jesus is the word of God

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

You ask what muslims say is wrong about christianity... The whole concept of christianity, Christs divinity, his sacrifice and our salvation by his resurrection, Islam maintains never happened.

I believe God to be supreme creator of the universe and all it holds. We can never hope to understand that which is God, as God will always be beyond our humble comprehension. God does everything for a purpose and there is a purpose for everything under the heavens.

For me to accept Mohammed as a prophet of the very same God I hold in my heart, it would mean I would have to believe that God would be capable of error. This is an impossibility. You cannot offer enough evidence that Islam is what you believe it to be. If it were the final book of scripture after the Bible, then it would not contradict the Bibles core message in the way it does, by denying Christs death and resurrection.

Given that the Bible is all I need as a manual for life..or more importantly..Christ's example.. I do not see what the Quran offers that is an improvement on what has gone before.

It is not my intention for my posts to sound in any way attacking..I guess I am a direct person and do not dress my words with flowery phrases. Accept my apology for any offence to anyone caused.

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    09-03-2024
    At

You ask what muslims say is wrong about christianity... The whole concept of christianity, Christs divinity, his sacrifice and our salvation by his resurrection, Islam maintains never happened.

I believe God to be supreme creator of the universe and all it holds. We can never hope to understand that which is God, as God will always be beyond our humble comprehension. God does everything for a purpose and there is a purpose for everything under the heavens.

For me to accept Mohammed as a prophet of the very same God I hold in my heart, it would mean I would have to believe that God would be capable of error. This is an impossibility. You cannot offer enough evidence that Islam is what you believe it to be. If it were the final book of scripture after the Bible, then it would not contradict the Bibles core message in the way it does, by denying Christs death and resurrection.

Given that the Bible is all I need as a manual for life..or more importantly..Christ's example.. I do not see what the Quran offers that is an improvement on what has gone before.

It is not my intention for my posts to sound in any way attacking..I guess I am a direct person and do not dress my words with flowery phrases. Accept my apology for any offence to anyone caused.
    Where the error in Islam from your perspective. Didn't think for a moment why so many people in the world who entered Islam?

Please ask a question directly about Islam and we give you the answer

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Pandora ask about Islam

Thread Information