المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة saleel love islam
Facts about the Sunnah
1. The Prophet Muhammad PBUH has left behind the Qur’an and the Sunna for guidance, both were equally inspired from God upon which legislation can be made.
He (Allah) it is Who sent among the unlettered ones a Messenger (Muhammad) from among themselves, reciting to them His Verses, purifying them, and teaching them the Book (the Qur’an) and the Wisdom (”Al-Hikmah”, the Sunna). And verily they had been before in manifest error. (Qur’an, 62:2)
“I have been given the Qur’an and its equal (the Sunna) with it.” (Hadith)
2. The Sunna consists of the comprehensive words, actions and tacit approvals and descriptions of the Prophet Muhammad PBUH that are authentically attributed to him and must be acted upon.
Say: “If you (really) love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. (Qur’an, 3:31)
“…The character of the Apostle of Allah PBUH was the Qur’an.” (Hadith)
3. To rely only upon the Qur’an and reject, philosophically deny or ridicule the authentic Hadeeth of the Prophet PBUH is disbelief itself.
…We have explained in detail Our Revelations for people who understand. (Qur’an, 6:98)
“Let me not find any of you, while resting on his couch, that an order of mine is mentioned in front of him, either a command of mine or a prohibition, and he says: “I do not know! Whatever we find in the Book of Allah (the Qur’an) we follow it (otherwise we do not).” (Hadith)
4. The authentic Sunna of the Prophet PBUH never contradicts but explains the Qur’an clearly as the Sunna was also inspired by Allah.
Nor does he speak of his own desire, it is only a Revelation revealed… (Qur’an, 53:3-4)
Abu Dharr said: “Allah’s Messenger PBUH had left us in the following state: that there was not even a bird flapping its wings in the air without his having already imparted to us knowledge about it. Then he said PBUH: ‘Nothing remains that brings you closer to Paradise or further from the Hellfire except that it has been explained to you’.” (Hadith)
5. Allah has preserved the Sunna of the Prophet Muhammad PBUH as the methodology to follow along with the Qur’an for all of Mankind until the end times.
Verily, I revealed the Remembrance (”Dhikr”) and surely I will preserve it. (Qur’an, 15:9)
“Surely, Allah will send for this ummah at the advent of every one hundred years a person (or persons) who will renovate its religion for it.” (Hadith)
6. The only difference between the “Remembrance” (Qur’an and Sunna) sent by Allah is that the Qur’an is recited and listened to as an act of worship whereas the Sunna is not.
So when the Qur’an is recited, listen to it, and be silent that you may receive mercy. And remember your Lord by your tongue and within yourself, humbly and with fear… (Qur’an, 7:204-205)
7. Any form of worship not found in the Qur’an and authentic Sunna is rejected as an innovation (”Biddah”).
“…The best of the speech is embodied in the Book of Allah, and the beet of the guidance is the guidance given by Muhammad. And the most evil affairs are their innovations; and every innovation is error.” (Hadith)
8. All disputes and problems that arise are to be resolved by referring to the comprehensive Qur’an and Sunna. The authentic hadeeth override all contradictory derived opinions found in all Schools of Thought in Islam (”Madhabs”).
O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger, and those of (you Muslims) who are in authority. And if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger (i.e. the Qur’an and the Sunna), if you believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination. (Qur’an, 4.59)
9. Beliefs and legislation can be derived from authentic Hadeeth narrations whether transmitted by many Companions (”Sahabah”) of the Prophet PBUH (”Muttawatir”) or even by one (”Ahad”).
“While some people were at Quba (offering) morning prayer, one man came to them and said, “Last night Qur’anic Verses have been revealed whereby the Prophet PBUH has been ordered to face the Kaaba (at Makkah), so you too should face it too.” So they, keeping their postures, turned towards the Kaaba. Formerly the people were facing Shaam (Jerusalem). (Allah said): And from wheresoever you start forth (for prayers), turn your face in the direction of Al-Masjid-ul-Haram (the Sacred Mosque of Makkah), and wheresoever you are turn your face towards it (when you pray)… (Qur’an, 2.150)
10. The Scholars of the Science of Hadeeth verify the authenticity of the statements attributed to the Prophet PBUH by rigorously checking the chains of narration (”Isnaad”). (e.g. collections of Hadeeth by Scholars such as Muhammad al-Bukhari or Nasiruddin al-Albani).
“Verily, Allah does not take away knowledge by snatching it from the people but He takes away knowledge by taking away the Scholars, so that when He leaves no learned person, people turn to ignorant as their, leaders; then they are asked to deliver religious verdicts and they deliver them without knowledge, they go astray, and lead others astray.” (Hadith)