Biblical Prophecies on the Advent of Muhammad

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Biblical Prophecies on the Advent of Muhammad

هشيم is offline مشرف الأقسام غير العربية
    Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At
    04:41 PM

And here Quran before more than 1400 years prepared answer:

And they swear by Allah their strongest oaths that if a sign came to them, they would surely believe in it. Say, "The signs are only with Allah." And what will make you perceive that even if a sign came, they would not believe. (109) Al Anham

Peace to you

although I have trouble viewing it as such because it seems to lack a supernatural element. It is held to be a word from God or Allah if you will and contains no untruths or discrepancy

Was splitting the moon attributed to Mohammed in the Quran itself? As I understand the Hadith are not of divine nature as per the Quran, and there are thousands to go through some of which are more reliable and authentic than others. You chose out of the hadiths, I imagine you have a criteria to work to, about what is correct. It seems to me that by accepting hadiths about miracles attributed to Mohammed go against what Mohammed claimed about himself. How many of these Hadith had Mohammed ever read for himself to know what was said about him?

Did Mohammed not claim when asked if he would perform a miracle as proof to pagan unbelievers that he was simply a messenger?
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
    قل هو الله احد * الله الصمد * لم يلد و لم يولد * و لم يكن له كفوا احد
    Dis : " Lui, Dieu, est Un ! * Dieu est le Soutien universel ! * Il n'engendre pas et Il n'est pas engendré, * et Il n'a pas d'égal. "

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At

And here Quran before more than 1400 years prepared answer: And they swear by Allah their strongest oaths that if a sign came to them, they would surely believe in it. Say, "The signs are only with Allah." And what will make you perceive that even if a sign came, they would not believe. (109) Al Anham Peace to you
    although I have trouble viewing it as such because it seems to lack a supernatural element. It is held to be a word from God or Allah if you will and contains no untruths or discrepancy Was splitting the moon attributed to Mohammed in the Quran itself? As I understand the Hadith are not of divine nature as per the Quran, and there are thousands to go through some of which are more reliable and authentic than others. You chose out of the hadiths, I imagine you have a criteria to work to, about what is correct. It seems to me that by accepting hadiths about miracles attributed to Mohammed go against what Mohammed claimed about himself. How many of these Hadith had Mohammed ever read for himself to know what was said about him? Did Mohammed not claim when asked if he would perform a miracle as proof to pagan unbelievers that he was simply a messenger?
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
    Dis : " Lui, Dieu, est Un ! * Dieu est le Soutien universel ! * Il n'engendre pas et Il n'est pas engendré, * et Il n'a pas d'égal. "

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At

Moses was the mediator of the Old Covenant (Testament)
    But you do not follow what is written in the Old Testament?
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At

When Jesus came, the old laws were no longer in use since new rules were invented... I think when you mention covenant of Mose and Jesus we should referre to what is going on between these two Testaments. Ido not know why you still adopt the idea of the Ten commandments? Christians eat pigs at the same time! and some other rules and laws discarded?

One very important similarity between Moses and Jesus was that they each mediated a covenant. Moses was the mediator of the Old Covenant (Testament), Christ of the New Covenant, or Testament.
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At
    07:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by هشيم View Post
    When Jesus came, the old laws were no longer in use since new rules were invented... I think when you mention covenant of Mose and Jesus we should referre to what is going on between these two Testaments. Ido not know why you still adopt the idea of the Ten commandments? Christians eat pigs at the same time! and some other rules and laws discarded?
    There were a great many covenants made by God with man, some conditional some unconditional. I guess you could say there are seven considered to be the most important ones. Covenants were made for different circumstances. The covenant of Moses was one of Law, and yes the Ten Commandments were part of it. Jesus fulfilled the Law... Not invent new rules... Jesus gave us two commandments to live by under the new covenant of Grace that we accept through Him, they are :-

Matthew 22:37-40, "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

these see two commandments encompass all the ten that Moses brought.. Because if you love God with all your heart and soul you will only wish to please Him.. So stealing, killing, coveting, adultery etc it goes without saying you will keep away from such sins because by doing so you are pleasing and loving God. Same goes for loving ones neighbour. The dietary laws were for the Jewish people the Gentiles were not under these laws. It's said that nothing that goes into your body (that you eat) that God has provided is harmful to you the bad in a person is to be found from within that person. However, many Christians do not eat pork, myself included, well actually I'm a vegetarian, but if I wasn't I wouldn't eat pork anyway. But that is a personal choice.

The reason why I assumed muslims adhere to the Old Testament covenant.. I'm thinking the Abrahamic one is because you do not eat pork and have similar dietary laws, like the Jews, and also circumcise, like the Jews. So, you didn't answer the question... What covenant did God make with Mohammed for the muslims?

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At

Jesus was also circumcised. So what do you follow, your church laws, old Testament, the New Testament or Jesus?
    Yes but you do not eat fat and blood ? but still eat pig and shellfish! Eating pig is not prohibited in Christianity, some do it or some refuse to do it depends on either he refused Old Testament or obeys it. This is know for Christians follow what they like and refuse what they do not like and make weak unreasonable excuses so that they can save themselves. The main problem here is New Testament is empty of rules and laws, specially inheritance, worships, and daily life etc , in-spite of that personnel choices and desires have the priority to decide.

There were a great many covenants made by God with man, some conditional some unconditional. I guess you could say there are seven considered to be the most important ones. Covenants were made for different circumstances. The covenant of Moses was one of Law, and yes the Ten Commandments were part of it. Jesus fulfilled the Law... Not invent new rules... Jesus gave us two commandments to live by under the new covenant of Grace that we accept through Him, they are :-

I'm thinking the Abrahamic one is because you do not eat pork and have similar dietary laws, like the Jews, and also circumcise, like the Jews.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Quote Originally Posted by هشيم View Post
    Jesus was also circumcised. So what do you follow, your church laws, old Testament, the New Testament or Jesus?
    Yes but you do not eat fat and blood ? but still eat pig and shellfish! Eating pig is not prohibited in Christianity, some do it or some refuse to do it depends on either he refused Old Testament or obeys it. This is know for Christians follow what they like and refuse what they do not like and make weak unreasonable excuses so that they can save themselves. The main problem here is New Testament is empty of rules and laws, specially inheritance, worships, and daily life etc , in-spite of that personnel choices and desires have the priority to decide.
    Jesus was a Jew, he lived under the Jewish law, of course he was circumcised. I follow Jesus and His message. Following the message does not mean one has to emulate the messenger in all things. The message was concerned with making ourselves right with God, a person cannot achieve salvation through the law, one can adhere to the law and still not achieve righteousness. The Old Testament laws were fulfilled in Jesus.

Islam takes control of every aspect of your life and it seems that all the rules and regulations you follow are to keep you from sinning. I believe a person intrinsically knows what is a sin and what is not... Atheists can be kind and law abiding citizens and they do not take their "moral code" from religion, just instinctively know what is right and wrong. I believe this is God given even for those who deny God. Christians see that God has given us freedom of choice, Jesus set the standard by which we are to live by to make ourselves right with God. Read the sermon on the mount, it pretty much sums up how we are expected to live our life in regards to rules.

I already said christians are under the new covenant of grace brought through Jesus. It is not the same covenant as the Jews made and does not have the same requirements.

You still have not answered my question, and yet you are demanding of me to answer yours.. My question again..

Did God make a covenant with Mohammed for muslims?

Peace.

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At

Christians see that God has given us freedom of choice, Jesus set the standard by which we are to live by to make ourselves right with God. Read the sermon on the mount, it pretty much sums up how we are expected to live our life in regards to rules.

That is why you believe in Trinity that he did not call for?
    From along time ago I knew that Chritistians' believes and doctrines and habits are far from their religion and texts

I already said Christians are under the new covenant of grace brought through Jesus.

Or through your church? or any one is free which one to choose?

It is not the same covenant as the Jews made and does not have the same requirements.

The Old Testament laws were fulfilled in Jesus.

Yes, you do not have Hell in Tanakh, but only in New Testament. Pig, fat, Hell, Eden... are not according to the Tanakh
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    08-12-2014
    At

Did God make a covenant with Mohammed for muslims?Peace upon you.

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At

Pandora...

Quran is covenant, Allah make covenant with Mohammed for us. We all follow the rules in Quran which Allah Almighty revealed to Muhammad (Allah's blessing and peace be upon him). We follow them and apply them.

Did God make a covenant with Mohammed for muslims?

Do not say this. What is you evidence for this? May be Christians are obliged to do, but you do not.
    I give you many evidences that there is new rules and laws in Christianity different from Jews.
    Muslims and Jews share many many believes which Christianity lacks, specially believe in one God compared to Trinity which is not mentioned in Tanakh

The covenant of Moses was one of Law, and yes the Ten Commandments were part of it. Jesus fulfilled the Law... Not invent new rules

I know you only want and accept a covenant which meets what is written in your books. Why not be according to our Quran?

Matthew 22:37-40, "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information