Which makes more sense Islam or Christianity

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Which makes more sense Islam or Christianity

Last Activity
    15-05-2024
    At
    11:08 PM

Quote Originally Posted by محمد سني 1989 View Post

His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

Song of solomon 5: 16

The actual hebrew text :(in hebrew ):

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

this would make the actual text as :

His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is Muhammed . This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

So all together lovely replaced Mohammed . So Mohammed means all together lovely

As for the context well there is something important :

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

This is the context in hebrew , what is important is im which in hebrew is a masculine plural that comes after a noun like elohim . This type of hebrew grammer here and in other examples such as in elohim are used as the excellentiae or what is referred to as the royal we , which is a phrase used in semetic languages to indicate plurality to a single person as a tool of glorifying that person. So this means that the word muhammed is actually a noun

peace

ٍThis was my last response to the topic which had no answer in response

A REMINDER
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At
    07:53 PM

How does indicating plurality to a single person glorify that person? Explain God as a single person along with how is it you see his oneness. If he is one person, for instance, can he be in several different places at the same time that would require more than one person to do on earth for us humans? If yes, how does he do it?

The title of this thread shouldn't be what makes more sense, but what is true between Christianity or Islam, because they cannot both be right. Something can be true and not make sense and yet be accepted by faith and something can be false and make sense to the deceived mind. Thereforr the title of this thread makes no sense when it comes to the things of God that are spiritually discerned.

peace

Last Activity
    15-05-2024
    At

Quote Originally Posted by Burninglight View Post
    How does indicating plurality to a single person glorify that person? Explain God as a single person along with how is it you see his oneness. If he is one person, for instance, can he be in several different places at the same time that would require more than one person to do on earth for us humans? If yes, how does he do it?

The title of this thread shouldn't be what makes more sense, but what is true between Christianity or Islam, because they cannot both be right. Something can be true and not make sense and yet be accepted by faith and something can be false and make sense to the deceived mind. Thereforr the title of this thread makes no sense when it comes to the things of God that are spiritually discerned.

peace

In regards of your comment , yes about the title I agree , christians especially born again are so closed minded that they cannot accept the truth even when they see it in there own eyes . Phsycologically speaking they are afraid of returning to that same state of mind before there "coming back to the light" moment

Semetic languages including Arabic and Hebrew use plurality as a way to glorify or show a high status to a certain person such as when a king says our armies , he of course means his but it is a way to show royalty. This is so popular in semetic poetry

peace

Last Activity
    15-05-2024
    At

I believe Jesus said that, why is that a problem? As for the daeef not being reliable, I'll take your word for it. I haven't research it in great depth, it is just Muslim information that is out there that some Muslims accept it and some deny it. I'll take your word that Gabriel didn't call Muhammad a prophet of God on a mountain before his suicide attempt. But what is the problem with Jesus saying "Why have you forsaken me?" Remember Jesus became sin for us and a curse. God turns His back on sin, but the righteousness of Christ can be found in the church that God accepts as His bride.

Ok now I see that you are willing to have a mutual debate so thank you

If you are going to research then I suggest researching something called al jarh wa at tadeel الجرح و التعديل it refers to the study of the chain of transmission in hadeeths , All hadeeths' authenticity depends on this field of study

Why have you forsaken me , ultimately means why have you left me and abandoned me , this sentence brings up a huge question mark , why would the messiah the one agreed upon by all abrahamic religion to establish the kingdom of god in earth would say something like that. This sentence has been used A LOT by aniti Jesus Jews , fortunatlly for muslims we do not believe he said such a thing. Peace be upon jesus and his mother

peace

Last Activity
    15-05-2024
    At

Quote Originally Posted by pandora View Post
    First of all, Jesus quoted Psalm 22:1 which begins with, "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?" Jesus quoted this Psalm in order to draw attention to it and the fact that He was fulfilling it there on the cross. See verses 11-18 in Psalm 22:

Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help.
    12 Many bulls have surrounded me; Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled me.
    13 They open wide their mouth at me, As a ravening and a roaring lion.
    14 I am poured out like water, And all my bones are out of joint; My heart is like wax; It is melted within me.
    15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd, And my tongue cleaves to my jaws; And Thou dost lay me in the dust of death.
    16 For dogs have surrounded me; A band of evildoers has encompassed me; They pierced my hands and my feet.
    17 I can count all my bones. They look, they stare at me; 18 They divide my garments among them, And for my clothing they cast lots.

The term 'dogs' was used by the Jews to refer to Gentiles see...Matt. 15:21-28. His heart has melted within Him (verse 14). During the crucifixion process, the blood loss causes the heart to beat harder and harder and become extremely fatigued. Dehydration occurs (verse 15). Verses 16 to 18 speak of piercing His hands and feet and dividing his clothing by casting lots. This is exactly what happen as described in Matt. 27:35.

Psalm 22 was written about 1000 years before Christ was born. At that time, crucifixion had not yet been invented. The Phoenicians developed it, and Rome borrowed the agonizing means of execution from them. So.. when Rome ruled over Israel, it became the Roman means of capital punishment imposed upon the Jews whose biblical means of execution was stoning. Jesus is pointing to the scriptures to substantiate His messianic mission.

Also consider 2 Corinthians 5:21 says, "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." It is possible that at some moment on the cross when Jesus became sin on our behalf, that God the Father, in a sense, turned His back upon the Son. It says in Hab. 1:13 that God is too pure to look upon evil. Therefore, it is possible that when Jesus bore our sins in His body on the cross, that God the Father...spiritually...turned away because His holiness is such that sin is an anathema to Him. At that time, the Son may have cried out. I don't know if you could imagine a feeling of desolation ... even for the shortest of moments duration what it must have been to endure separation from Gods love, something that Jesus had known and experienced as His nature from eternity. I think muslims see the idea of the crucifixion as something shameful and you do not see it as the supreme act of agape love that God demonstrated to His creation man, through His word.. Jesus.

Yes, as, I am aware you do not believe it, yet have no satisfactory reason to explain it. However, I do believe it and can only answer your question from my point of view... Because I can't quite imagine any other scenario other than that which the Bible portrays. Apologies in advance if my post is not to your satisfaction.

Peace unto you.

The context of Psalm 22:

1For the choir director; upon Aijeleth Hashshahar. A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? Far from my deliverance are the words of my groaning. 2O my God, I cry by day, but You do not answer; And by night, but I have no rest.3Yet You are holy, O You who are enthroned upon the praises of Israel.4In You our fathers trusted; They trusted and You delivered them.…

The context of this shows that this was said because god did not respond to David as in psalm 22:2 . This was in other words said because god did not answer and that is the point Jesus according to Mark said it because as the context reveal god did not answer , it is not appropriate to say , Jesus never said that.

That is why when the writer of Luke (one of the synoptic gospels) copied from Mark , did not like this passage so he changed it to :

46And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said, "Father, INTO YOUR HANDS I COMMIT MY SPIRIT." Having said this, He breathed His last.

Luke 23: 46

Note : I am not talking about the crusifixion or why theidea of bearing the sin rather I am talking about what jesus said

peace

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At

The context of Psalm 22:

1For the choir director; upon Aijeleth Hashshahar. A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? Far from my deliverance are the words of my groaning. 2O my God, I cry by day, but You do not answer; And by night, but I have no rest.3Yet You are holy, O You who are enthroned upon the praises of Israel.4In You our fathers trusted; They trusted and You delivered them.…

The context of this shows that this was said because god did not respond to David as in psalm 22:2 . This was in other words said because god did not answer and that is the point Jesus according to Mark said it because as the context reveal god did not answer , it is not appropriate to say , Jesus never said that.

That is why when the writer of Luke (one of the synoptic gospels) copied from Mark , did not like this passage so he changed it to :

46And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said, "Father, INTO YOUR HANDS I COMMIT MY SPIRIT." Having said this, He breathed His last.

Note : I am not talking about the crusifixion or why theidea of bearing the sin rather I am talking about what jesus said

peace

How do you know that Jesus didn't say both? Or how do you know someone had a problem and changed the verse? I don't have a problem with either of these presentations. It doesn't mean Jesus didn't die for our sin. If several people witness an event and report back, trust me that their stories will not be identical. Does that mean the event was corrupted or didn't happen? No, of course not. You are grasping as straws here.

Peace

Last Activity
    15-05-2024
    At

How do you know that Jesus didn't say both? Or how do you know someone had a problem and changed the verse? I don't have a problem with either of these presentations. It doesn't mean Jesus didn't die for our sin. If several people witness an event and report back, trust me that their stories will not be identical. Does that mean the event was corrupted or didn't happen? No, of course not. You are grasping as straws here.

Peace

Because the writer of luke was coppying from Mark and editted some passages which he saw a problem , one is this. Luke and Matthew copied from Mark thats why they are called the synoptic gospels

Jesus could not have said both because they are both speaking of his last words :

And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said, "Father, INTO YOUR HANDS I COMMIT MY SPIRIT." Having said this, He breathed His last.

And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.
    Mark 15: 37

This was his last moment , a loud cry so according to Mark his last words was god why have you forsaken me

I know what you will say , you will say the loud cry is what jesus said in Luke , that is wrong in two ways :

1. Mark and Matthew are both older than Luke , Mark 40 AD Matthew 70-100 AD . As for Luke it was written 80- 90 AD

2. biblical commentary describe the loud cry in Mark as something different:

Verse 37. - And Jesus uttered a loud voice, and gave up the ghost. The three synoptists all mention this cry, which appears to have been something different from the words which he uttered at or about the time of his death. It was evidently something supernatural, and was so regarded by the centurion who stood by; and who had no doubt been accustomed to scenes like these.

Source :
    Pulpit Commentary

Jesus

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At

Because the writer of luke was coppying from Mark and editted some passages which he saw a problem , one is this. Luke and Matthew copied from Mark thats why they are called the synoptic gospels

Jesus could not have said both because they are both speaking of his last words :

And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said, "Father, INTO YOUR HANDS I COMMIT MY SPIRIT." Having said this, He breathed His last.

And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.
    Mark 15: 37

This was his last moment , a loud cry so according to Mark his last words was god why have you forsaken me

I know what you will say , you will say the loud cry is what jesus said in Luke , that is wrong in two ways :

1. Mark and Matthew are both older than Luke , Mark 40 AD Matthew 70-100 AD . As for Luke it was written 80- 90 AD

2. biblical commentary describe the loud cry in Mark as something different:

Verse 37. - And Jesus uttered a loud voice, and gave up the ghost. The three synoptists all mention this cry, which appears to have been something different from the words which he uttered at or about the time of his death. It was evidently something supernatural, and was so regarded by the centurion who stood by; and who had no doubt been accustomed to scenes like these.

Source :
    Pulpit Commentary

Jesus
    Jesus took the wrath of God-forsakenness on Himself. Although innocent, He took the punishment so that others could be saved. These different reported last words of Jesus you mentioned doesn't bothered my faith, and I am not interested in doing a big research on it. I already explained that people who witness an event and report back, the stories will always be different, but that just adds credence the event happened as denied by Islam. Christians have their own connection with God who reveals himself to them. IOW, His spirit bears witness with ours that we are His. Christianity, unlike Islam is a relationship with God and not just a religion. Without a relationship with God we are none of His.
    peace

Last Activity
    15-05-2024
    At

Jesus took the wrath of God-forsakenness on Himself. Although innocent, He took the punishment so that others could be saved. These different reported last words of Jesus you mentioned doesn't bothered my faith, and I am not interested in doing a big research on it. I already explained that people who witness an event and report back, the stories will always be different, but that just adds credence the event happened as denied by Islam. Christians have their own connection with God who reveals himself to them. IOW, His spirit bears witness with ours that we are His. Christianity, unlike Islam is a relationship with God and not just a religion. Without a relationship with God we are none of His.
    peace

All of these sentences does not answer my question and explain the contradiction , it shows your weak faith and your weak position

simply : you have no answer

Religion
    Christianity
    Last Activity
    11-11-2014
    At

What is the point you are trying to make so I can address that?
    peace

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information