Quote Originally Posted by هشيم View Post
If he can forgive sins, then why he was crucified instead of forgiving Adam for eating from the tree? Why he could not forgive him if he is capable of forgiving?
So he is not God neither His son.
I wonder?
If eating of Tree of Life is a greater sin than beating and humiliating God (and his son)? Which one really needs atonement? It seems we want another crucifixion.
Where is the critical thinking?
I'm thinking we may view sin differently, and due to this difference you will never understand the need for atonement, or why we can never achieve it by our own merits and why we need a saviour. Do you not believe that Adams sin was forgiven? God in His infinite mercy could choose to forgive Adam and Eve even though they never showed true repentance or took responsibility for their disobedience, Eve blamed the serpent, and Adam indirectly blamed God. The only one who was not forgiven by God was the serpent. However, as God is merciful, God is also just and we are told all sin comes with a price and that price must be paid. Forgiving the sin does not remove the consequence of that sin. For example a disobedient child when told not to touch the stove, touches it anyway and is burnt, you can comfort the child and forgive its disobedience yet the burn does not just go away, the consequence of the action remains. Just as the consequence of Adams disobedience to God allowing sin into mankind, we live with that consequence. Only God can make that right and restore us to our rightful place where God always intended us to be... The garden.. Or paradise.. Or heaven whatever works for you. The only thing that can hope to restore us to righteousness before God has to be a sinless being, just as the first Adam brought sin to mankind the last Adam .. Christ.. Removes it. Not here on earth but where it matters for all eternity, so we can obtain eternal life which was always Gods plan. That is why Jesus was born of a virgin, that is why there was never any fault in Him, and that is why He is sinless. When Jesus said He is the only way to God the Father he meant He is the only way. You accept it or reject it because it was a gift freely given to be freely accepted or rejected and no one is under any compulsion.

You look so lightly on the sin of eating the fruit of the forbidden tree!! Disobedience to God Himself, was there ever a greater sin.. :( for that one fall was the catalyst for the whole of mankind for once sin entered mankind we were fallen beings and would always fall short of the Glory of God. You are free to believe that Allah may or may not choose to forgive whom He wills, you are free to believe that if your good deeds out weigh your bad deeds you may be forgiven. But.. How do you know if your good deeds are enough? How do you quantify how many good deeds will be needed? You can accept that level of uncertainty... I prefer to accept the redemptive work of Jesus will grant me the grace to enable me to stand repentant before a Holy God and be judged.

We have no need of another crucifixion or indeed another saviour. Jesus completed Gods will it's a done deal... The result is eternal.

You just repeat what you are told at churches. What is your evidence for this ((If it had been Gods will to make this fact freely known then it would have been))?

Peace
I do not need to go to a church to listen to the words of men, however well meaning those words are, to understand what God requires of me. Being part of the living gospel brings with it that intrinsic understanding. Do you doubt that everything happens by Gods will?

Peace also to you